The Education Forum

Question for William E. Kelly

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

William, In the book TGZFH, Jack White says, "Researchers John Judge and Bill Kelly met this man (Don Norton) in Mae Brussell's prescence at the university of Toledo". I am assuming that you are the Bill Kelly named here, if so what did you make of Nortons claims that he was the real LHO. Thanks Steve.

Hi Steve,

And yes, I am that Bill Kelly, but beware, there are two Don Nortons.

I think one is Donald O. Norton and the other is Donald P. Norton, though John White has done more recent research on this than I have.

I met John Judge at the Univeristy of Dayton, Ohio in the fall of 1969, when I was a freshman and he had just graduated. He got me interested in the JFK assassination when he gave me a copy of the Jim Garrison interview in Playboy and took me to NYC to one of the first conferences on the JFK Assassination at NYU Law School, where I first met Penn Jones, Fletcher Prouty, Sylvia Meagher, Mae Brussell and other first generation researchers.

Judge was very close to Mae Brussell and brought her to Dayton to give a lecture, which I attended. After the lecture, I carried Mae's bag of books to a car in the parking lot. A few other students crowded around her asking addional questions.

After awhile one of those standing around introduced himself, saying, "Hello, Mae, I'm Don Norton."

Mae stood back and looked at him, and thanked him for the contributions he had sent her.

"That's my conscience money," he said.

Norton mentioned that he was living, at the time, near Toledo, and since Mae was speaking in Dayton, he drove down the pike to see her.

I really wasn't paying much attention, and didn't get a good look at the guy, but later on, when John asked Mae about him, Mae said something like, "He's the real Lee Harvey Oswald," and discussed how he did some of the things that were attributed to Oswald, and may have been an Oswald double.

John and Mae then checked to see if they could get a copy of his signature, on a letter or a check or something, to see if it matched anything signed by Oswald, but I don't know if they actually did.

More recently, John White and others have been tracking Norton's paper trail, and where he has been living. There have been reports he was living in Maryland and Florida, though I haven't kept up with the latest.

In retrospect I should have paid closer attention to what was happening and followed up on it, but at the time I was a college student and not a JFK researcher, though I'm willing to meet up and talk with Norton again, if I can catch up with him.

Bill Kelly

Edited by William Kelly

Jeff Pruit posted information on Don Norton at Rich dela Rosa's site a while back. Photos of him, as well as his address in Florida and webpage! I contacted him by email with these results:

Mr. Norton,

Several people on several different internet forums relating to the JFK assassination have made claims that you are the "real" Lee Harvey Oswald or have made claims to be such in the past. You are alleged yearsago to have contacted a conspiracy researcher Mae Brussell and claimed this. Do you have any comment?

--- Don Norton wrote:

Yeah. Are you crazy?????

Followed up a few minutes later by:

You know, some idiot called me about 10 years ago with the same ridiculous idea. Where do you nuts come from?

I let him know that I was not accusing him of being Oswald and he replied:

"Gary. Sorry for being so rude, but you've got to imagine what it feels

like to have someone accuse you of being Oswald. The utter

rediculousness (if that's even a word) of it is almost funny. Kind of

like me accusing you of being some infamous figure from the past.

Years ago I had some nutcase call me on my cell phone and ask me to

take a couple of tests to prove I wasn't Oswald. I suggested that he do the

same and I never heard back from him.

I don't know how many people in this country have the same name as me,

but it has to be a fairly common name. In fact there's a couple of Don

Norton's in the small area I live in. I wonder if they are getting the

same kind of calls. I can assure you I am not Oswald. I was in the

8th grade when Kennedy was shot and I still remember walking home with my

buddies and talking about it with them.

I appreciate your letting me know that my name, address and phone

number have been published on some website. I don't know who the idiot is

that thinks I'm Oswald but there has to be a law protecting people from such

slander.

I wonder if someone named Smith would have shot the president if people

would start accusing every John Smith out there.

Don't mean to take it out on you but if memory serves me right, didn't

somebody shoot Oswald? I can't remember who but it seems like he was

killed before he even went to trial. If he's dead, how in the world

could I be him?"

Hello Jack White,

Good to hear from you again, and for providing quick and pertinent information.

I guess we should know if the Norton being quoted is Donald O. or Donald P. or another Norton. Sounds like the Honeymooners Norton.

The one I met knew Mae Brussell and supported her work.

In addition, I don't think it is wise for new researchers to go off hap hazzardly calling witnesses in a homicide on the telephone and asking them if they know anything incriminating. Witnesse must be approached properly by knowledgeable investigators, asked the right questions, and should also be questioned under oath - as testimony - either in Congress or a court of law (ie grand jury).

Wim has also done this on occassion, much to the detriment of the case.

There's a lot of research done on Don Norton, which should be evaluated before being questioned, and there's a lot more research that can be done.

As for John's question about Adele Edison, she is a very compelling and courageous witness with important information, especially in regards to Dr./Col. Jose Rivera's connection to to the JFK assassination coup cabal.

But I think we should start a special thread, maybe a seminar on Rivera, and ask Adele to join in.

Bill Kelly

As for John's question about Adele Edison, she is a very compelling and courageous witness with important information, especially in regards to Dr./Col. Jose Rivera's connection to to the JFK assassination coup cabal.

But I think we should start a special thread, maybe a seminar on Rivera, and ask Adele to join in.

See the following:

Adele Edisen

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=609

Dr. Jose Rivera

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3883

A full list of the topics covered on the Forum can be found here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4311

Adele is a member but she has not posted for sometime.

Guest Stephen Turner

William, and all Thanks for the pertinent information, Jack names his guy in TGZFH as Donald O Norton of Akron Ohio. Steve.

I really wasn't paying much attention, and didn't get a good look at the guy, but later on, when John asked Mae about him, Mae said something like, "He's the real Lee Harvey Oswald," and discussed how he did some of the things that were attributed to Oswald, and may have been an Oswald double.
Is this the same Norton who now runs a fishing based business in Florida?

The man in the photo posted by James does look like an aged candidate for Mexico City Oswald.

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

The man in the photo posted by James does look like an aged candidate for Mexico City Oswald.

Tim

I am satisfied that the Mexican city LHO has been id'd in "The Men on the Sixth FLoor" (Glen Sample and Mark Collom) as a man named Ralph Geb, who was (by a strange coincidence) Mac Wallace's best friend in college. His 1938 pic is in this book and according to these authors, a friend of Geb's (Gene Noblitt) recognized this pic as his pal Geb.

This book can be ordered directly from the authors- should anyone be interested- at 714-638-8724.

(I am not pushing this book, but this is the only place I know to find a prospective Mexico City LHO id, other than the "Saul" id in Hugh McDonald's "Appointment in Dallas" ).

Dawn

I am satisfied that the Mexican city LHO has been id'd in "The Men on the Sixth FLoor" (Glen Sample and Mark Collom) as a man named Ralph Geb, who was (by a strange coincidence) Mac Wallace's best friend in college. His 1938 pic is in this book and according to these authors, a friend of Geb's (Gene Noblitt) recognized this pic as his pal Geb.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has a photo of this man that can be positively identified, even if taken 25 years earlier, could post said photo:

Tim

[quote name='James Richards' date='Oct 25 2005, 12:16 AM' post='42997']

Hi Dawn,

Here is Ralph Geb from the mid 1940's. I do not believe this to be the Mexico Oswald.

Cheers,

James

[/quote]

Very interesting James. Unless he has had plastic surgery this is not the same man in the pic in "Sixth Floor". What this book has is not a very good reprint but I will try to scan it and see it comes out. The noses are very different. Tho at a closer look the noses of Mexico City LHO pic and Geb also look different, so perhaps it's not Geb after all. YOu'd think after all these years someone would have come forward to id this pic!!!

Dawn

James, you just never cease to amaze me: Say a name, any name and you come up with a pic!!!! You rock!!