The Education Forum

LHO's SS number

16 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

Number 607 - William Lowery. Would that happen to be longtime FBI informant Bill Lowery keeping an eye on LHO?

Nice David!  Here's Oct 3 1963... of course that one is not so clean

1788502135_63-10-03YMCAregistrationcardwithOswaldin601.thumb.jpg.42774c90051b2e1ee6a14c7cc50a0858.jpg

and Oct 4

https://www.maryferrell.org/archive/docs/001/1137/images/img_1137_217_300.png

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Mr. BALL. Oh, when he came back he had the zipper satchel and the clothes on the hanger, is that right?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No---he rented the room and paid for it and said, "I'll go get my things." That's when he went and come back with his little satchel bag and some clothes on a hanger, which was a very few.

Mr. BALL. And he came back about what time?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Oh, I imagine around 5 o'clock, maybe.

When he left Bledsoe's on Monday the 14th at 9:00 to 10:00 AM:

Mr. BALL - What time Monday morning did he come back?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Between 8 and 9, 9 and 10, I mean.

Where was Oswald on Monday the 14th between 10:00 AM when he left Bledsoe's and 5:00 PM when he arrived at the Johnsons' walking the streets carrying a bag and clothes on a hanger?

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Where was Oswald on Monday the 14th between 10:00 AM when he left Bledsoe's and 5:00 PM when he arrived at the Johnsons' walking the streets carrying a bag and clothes on a hanger?

Looks like he left Bledsoe... dealt with going to Beckley (via the YMCA or not) by 1-2pm and then back/forth to get his clothes...  Buses have to add significant time to the timeline...

621 N Marsalis is now a vacant lot... the address points to a place in back of whatever was there before...

47077703_621NMarsalis-BLEDSOE-addressisforthebackofthelot-emptylot.jpg.c987ff6383f0f6251cd06e38d7129feb.jpg

Mr. BALL. What time of day did he come in there?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Oh, it was in the early afternoon---I imagine between 1 and 2 o'clock when he came in and looked at the room; and he rented it and paid for it; and then left, and went and got his things and I don't know---it must have been around 5 or 6 o'clock when he come back in.

And it looks like a walk from one place to the other... 

8292540_BLEDSOEtoBECKLEY.jpg.f8df69aeec68f1a808a85085dd42dc22.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

9 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Looks like he left Bledsoe... dealt with going to Beckley (via the YMCA or not) by 1-2pm and then back/forth to get his clothes...  Buses have to add significant time to the timeline...

Mr. BALL. What time of day did he come in there?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Oh, it was in the early afternoon---I imagine between 1 and 2 o'clock when he came in and looked at the room; and he rented it and paid for it; and then left, and went and got his things and I don't know---it must have been around 5 or 6 o'clock when he come back in.

And it looks like a walk from one place to the other... 

8292540_BLEDSOEtoBECKLEY.jpg.f8df69aeec68f1a808a85085dd42dc22.jpg

David,

OK. Thanks. Mrs. Johnson probably didn't realize that when she saw LHO at 5:00, it was the second time he had been there that day. If Bledsoe was off by a couple of hours as to when he left Marsalis, that would make a lot more sense. I never could picture how he could have left Marsalis before he had another place to rent, and wandered the streets for 7 or 8 hours looking for place to live with his clothes on his back.

The street numbers in Dallas back then were funny. 621 N. Marsalis looks to be on just about the same latitude as 1026 N. Beckley. It's odd.

But, back to the topic... Have you ever looked at LHO's military records to see what social security number is given there? I haven't. I just thought I'd ask.

Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

But, back to the topic... Have you ever looked at LHO's military records to see what social security number is given there? I haven't. I just thought I'd ask.

Either the FOLSOM or DONABEDIAN exhibits gives you the Marine history...

Page 1 of FOLSOM has ...3937   Also on his RECORD OF EMERGENCY DATA p12

Thing to remember about the Marines... LEE's recommended Assignment was "Aircraft Maintenance and Repair" - which is not the same as HARVEY's "Radar" position.

25 minutes ago, B. A. Copeland said:

Wasn't there a report of an explosion or fire at a YMCA on 11/22/1963? The hell was that about (if true)??  I do remember Rob Clark dedicating a podcast to 1026 N Beckley, as he saw no real hard evidence of LHO actually living there or, at the least, the evidence is questionable. 

(edit - sorry BA... I had never heard the explosion at the YMCA story before... any links?)

Mrs. JOHNSON. This "O. H. Lee" is in his handwriting and this other is in the housekeeper's handwriting--Mrs. Roberts. 
Mr. BALL. And these are the rates you gave him? 
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes. 

Mr. BALL. I would like this marked as an exhibit to this deposition, mark this Exhibit A. 

1080485562_GladysJohnsonEx1-OHLEEinHarveyshand-otherinRoberts.jpg.7220650ec57fcc910a476fdc2e8968f9.jpg

It sure appears the entire page is written in one hand.... yet who knows...  but there is no reason to think that Oswald wrote "O.H. Lee" on a blank page, or that Roberts wouldn't have written the entire thing...  this doesn't exactly prove HE wrote his name...  sounds like SHE did...

Mrs. ROBERTS. The day he came in and rented the room--the 14th of October.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever heard of the man before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No, and he didn't register as Oswald---he registered as O. H. Lee.
Mr. BALL. Did he sign his name?
Mrs. ROBERTS. O. H. Lee.
Mr. BALL. Did he sign his own name that way ?
Mrs. ROBERTS. O. H. Lee---that's what he was registered as.

849391100_HerbertLEEwasHLEEat1026BeckleyinroomOafterOct15.thumb.jpg.22b295065e6a70d98f2220fcb01e8381.jpg  228822000_HerbertLEONLeeandLeeHOswald.thumb.jpg.376921b98c9ade6453334bc25505ca02.jpg

Edited by David Josephs