The Education Forum

Who was R. G. Storey

Tom,

FYI...Just playing around with the new real estate mapping service www.zillow.com and found that 4011 Turtle Crk blvd (zillow Id # 26693449) but couldn't locate exactly 3525 - it seems to be a condo.

Chris

Chris,

According to Gary Mack the two addresses are about half a mile apart. I can tell you that 3525 was indeed an apartment building.

James

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If recalled correctly, Mr. Storey was in fact associated with SMU (Southern Methodist University), was he not? (Thomas H. Purvis)

Yes he was. Storey was Dean Emeritus of the Southern Methodist University. In 1972, Storey received the Great Leaders Award. Lauding his virtues were Tom Clark, Amelito R. Mutuc, Leon Jaworski and General Motors heavyweight Ross Malone.

James

Edited by James Richards

Great Thread

So R. G. Storey was a prosecutor at Nuremberg, an official in the

American Occupation of Germany, de-Nazification and PAPERCLIP records keeper,

his wife was H.L. Hunt's bridesmaid and he turns up in the cell with

JACK RUBY and EARL WARREN.................

No conspiracy ?

Some stuff I forgot to add regarding Storey.

He was present when Earl Warren questioned Jack Ruby in Dallas. Also Storey lived at 3525 Turtle Creek.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gen. Walker live at 4011 Turtle Creek? For those residents of Dallas, roughly how far apart would those addresses have been?

Warren and Storey below. This image was snapped just after the Ruby interview.

FWIW.

James

Taken from "The Dallas Morning News" Friday, June 7, 1946

page 6

BEST BIB AND TUCKER KEPT BUSY

Best bonnets and prettiest dresses are being worked overtime this week

going to parties for brides-to-be.

A rehearsal dinner will be given Friday evening by Mr. and Mrs. H. L.

Hunt, Mr. and Mrs. Al Hill and Mr. and Mrs. Loyd Sands at the Hunt home on Lawther

Drive in honor of Miss Jeanne Gannon and John Stuart Hunt, who will be married

Saturday evening.

Complimenting Miss Mary Hillman, bride-elect of Robert Heidrick, Miss

Susan Diggie will entertain with a kitchen shower Friday at her home, 5101 Swiss

Avenue. Miss Hillman has announced that her bridal attendants will be Miss

Margaret Nell Carlisle, maid of honor; Mrs. Vernon Coe, sister of the bride-elect,

matron of honor; Mrs. R. G. Storey, Jr., Mrs. Charles F. Heidrick Jr., of

Beaumont, Miss Lenora Rose and Miss Houston Tripp, bridesmaids. Mr. Heidrick's

best man will be his brother, Charles F. Heidrick Jr. Ushers will be Vernon Coe,

Thomas Hanlon of Scarsdale, N.Y., James Tollison of Amarillo, Harry Underwood of

Lubbock and Ronnie B. Cousin Jr. of Austin.

The "conspiracy" was primarily to keep the names and relationships of a lot of highly wealthy and important persons from being brought into the realm of the investigation.

This of course also kept a lot of those names who may have potentially been a part of this from ever coming to light. Therefore making it simple at the time to promote the "Lone Nut" theory as to what LHO was.

And in that regards, it would appear that R.G. Storey was a major player in that aspect.

In addition to definitely having links to certain influential New Orleans, LA attornies, (IE: Charles E. Dunbar).If recalled correctly, Mr. Storey was in fact associated with SMU (Southern Methodist University), was he not?

One must therefore assume that someone associated with SMU had the "stroke" to influence the assignment of Mr. Storey to "observe" the WC.

Where I come from, "stroke" = MONEY= Power & Position.

I do believe that 1111 Herring Avenue is the same thing/place, irrelevant as to whether called the "Methodists Children's Home" or the "Methodists Orphans Home".

Methodist Children's Home, Waco, Texas

1111 Herring Avenue Waco, TX 76708 254-750-1389 or 800-853-1272 E-mail: bryanmize@hot.rr.com Methodist Children's Home is committed to protecting your ...

http://www.methodistchildrenshome.org/web-privacy.ht

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol26_0095b.htm

Try these!

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...WH17_CE_821.pdf

http://www.methodistchildrenshome.org/history.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where I come from, "stroke" = MONEY= Power & Position.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just perhaps, if one digs around deep enough, then they may accidentally turn up someone who has the "Stroke"/aka Money , Power, Position, & Influence:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/77R/billtext/HC00219I.HTM

Before the war, Mr. Prothro joined his father-in-law in business, establishing the Perkins-Prothro Company

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.southwestern.edu/newsroom/news/050512.html

Perkins-Prothro Foundation of Wichita Falls, Texas, has announced a gift of $3.5 million

Southwestern, a United Methodist college, continues to prepare graduates who are 'bright, moral, and courageous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.smu.edu/newsinfo/releases/99036.html

"The Perkins/Prothro family has been one of the most important families in SMU's history," SMU President R. Gerald Turner says. "Their vision and generosity over the past half century have enabled Perkins School of Theology to become a national leader in the education of clergy and laity for the United Methodist Church and other denominations."

It would appear that there is a little "loose change" here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

through the years his professional interests grew to include oil and gas production

Never know whom one will run into in the oil and gas production business.

This esteemed gentleman was chairman of the board of the City National Bank

http://yamaguchy.netfirms.com/mullins/worldord_04.html

In 1935, Gen. Smedley D. Butler wrote in the Nov. issue of Common Sense of his Marine career,

“I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in.... I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Bros. in 1909-12. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested. In 1899 J.P. Morgan floated the first important foreign loan on behalf of the Mexican Government. In 1901 he lent $50 million to the British Government to fight the Boer War. But it was mainly into the countries of Spanish America that American capital found its way.”

and a director of Southwestern Life Corporation

http://dev.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online...s/SS/djset.html

In 1918 the company prepared its first insurance contract for Magnolia Petroleum Company of Dallas, providing life insurance for 5,500 people totalling $6.5 million dollars.

and in past years he was an active member of the investment committee of the Methodist Children's Home in Waco----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Mr. Charles N. Prothro certain has "common ground" with many, many items.

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

He was present when Earl Warren questioned Jack Ruby in Dallas. Also Storey lived at 3525 Turtle Creek.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gen. Walker live at 4011 Turtle Creek? For those residents of Dallas, roughly how far apart would those addresses have been?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Hunt, Mr. and Mrs. Al Hill and Mr. and Mrs. Loyd Sands at the Hunt home on Lawther

Saturday evening.

Susan Diggie will entertain with a kitchen shower Friday at her home, 5101 Swiss

Margaret Nell Carlisle, maid of honor; Mrs. Vernon Coe, sister of the bride-elect,

best man will be his brother, Charles F. Heidrick Jr. Ushers will be Vernon Coe,

Thomas Hanlon of Scarsdale, N.Y., James Tollison of Amarillo, Harry Underwood of

The "conspiracy" was primarily to keep the names and relationships of a lot of highly wealthy and important persons from being brought into the realm of the investigation.

This of course also kept a lot of those names who may have potentially been a part of this from ever coming to light. Therefore making it simple at the time to promote the "Lone Nut" theory as to what LHO was.

And in that regards, it would appear that R.G. Storey was a major player in that aspect.

In addition to definitely having links to certain influential New Orleans, LA attornies, (IE: Charles E. Dunbar).If recalled correctly, Mr. Storey was in fact associated with SMU (Southern Methodist University), was he not?

One must therefore assume that someone associated with SMU had the "stroke" to influence the assignment of Mr. Storey to "observe" the WC.

I do believe that 1111 Herring Avenue is the same thing/place, irrelevant as to whether called the "Methodists Children's Home" or the "Methodists Orphans Home".

1111 Herring Avenue Waco, TX 76708 254-750-1389 or 800-853-1272 E-mail: bryanmize@hot.rr.com Methodist Children's Home is committed to protecting your ...

Try these!

Where I come from, "stroke" = MONEY= Power & Position.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just perhaps, if one digs around deep enough, then they may accidentally turn up someone who has the "Stroke"/aka Money , Power, Position, & Influence:

Before the war, Mr. Prothro joined his father-in-law in business, establishing the Perkins-Prothro Company

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perkins-Prothro Foundation of Wichita Falls, Texas, has announced a gift of $3.5 million

Southwestern, a United Methodist college, continues to prepare graduates who are 'bright, moral, and courageous.

"The Perkins/Prothro family has been one of the most important families in SMU's history," SMU President R. Gerald Turner says. "Their vision and generosity over the past half century have enabled Perkins School of Theology to become a national leader in the education of clergy and laity for the United Methodist Church and other denominations."

through the years his professional interests grew to include oil and gas production

In 1935, Gen. Smedley D. Butler wrote in the Nov. issue of Common Sense of his Marine career,

“I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in.... I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Bros. in 1909-12. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested. In 1899 J.P. Morgan floated the first important foreign loan on behalf of the Mexican Government. In 1901 he lent $50 million to the British Government to fight the Boer War. But it was mainly into the countries of Spanish America that American capital found its way.”

In 1918 the company prepared its first insurance contract for Magnolia Petroleum Company of Dallas, providing life insurance for 5,500 people totalling $6.5 million dollars.

and in past years he was an active member of the investment committee of the Methodist Children's Home in Waco----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Mr. Charles N. Prothro certain has "common ground" with many, many items

As well as a few interesting family members:

Annie Hahr Dobbs b: 20 JAN 1898 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA---------Wife of William D. Pawley

Josephine Prothro Dobbs b: 5 NOV 1891 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA---Sister of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley.

A little "name recognition" there.

[u]Grandfather & Grandmother of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley:

David Judson Dobbs b: 14 MAY 1835 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA Martha Josephine Prothro b: 5 FEB 1834 in Aiken, Barnwell Cnty, GA; USA

Uncle of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley:

Name: Evan Prothro Dobbs

Given Name: Evan Prothro

Surname: Dobbs

Sex: M

_UID: 1D24F042CFDDD511AEDAE0601FF39D30ACC9

Note: Senator in Georgia legislature 1907, and 1915, president pro tem. Was always called Dick, because as a child he shot at Yankee soldiers with a pop gun and they called him "Little Dixie," thus Dick.

Birth: 17 APR 1861 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA

Death: 15 JUL 1942 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA 1

Second Uncle of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley (Brother of Evan Prothro Dobbs)

James Monroe Dobbs b: 4 JUL 1859 in Fayetteville, Cumberland Cnty, NC; USA

James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs (M)

b. 4 July 1902, d. 18 January 1956

James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs was also known as Monroe James Dobbs. He was born on 4 July 1902 in Dallas, Texas. He was named Monroe James Dobbs, but changed his name in childhood to James Monroe Dobbs, Jr. He was the son of James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs and Helen D. Spiegel. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs appeared on the census of 1910 in the household of James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs and Helen Dobbs in Fulton Co., Georgia.1 James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs graduated from University of Georgia School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia, about 1923. He married Dorothy Kollros, daughter of Erhard Joseph Kollros and Catherine Elenora Bannon, in 1925 in Louisville, Kentucky; Divorced in 1936. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs was a Manager for the US Soil Conservation Service in Temple, Texas, from 1935 to 1950. He and Dorothy Kollros were divorced in 1936. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs married Helen Mewhinney on 21 December 1937 in First Presbyterian Church, Ft. Worth, Texas. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs died on 18 January 1956 in Temple, Texas, at age 53; His death certificate shows that he was divorced, was retired, had worked for the Soil Conservation Service, had never served in the military, and died of acute alcoholism. Buried at Holland Cemetery, Holland, Texas.2 He was buried on 19 January 1956 in Holland Cementary, Holland, Texas.

I would suppose that I am the only person curious enough to want to know how the Uncle's & First Cousin's of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley ended up in/around Dallas, TX.

Father of James Monroe Dobbs, Jr.

James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was born on 4 July 1859 in Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia. He was the son of David Judson Dobbs and Martha Josephine Prothro. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs appeared on the census of 1860 in the household of David Judson Dobbs and Martha Josephine Prothro in Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia; Occpation farmer; listed with family is D.S. Gray, the plantation overseer.2 James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs appeared on the census of 1870 in the household of David Judson Dobbs and Martha Josephine Prothro in Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia; occupation listed as farmer.3 James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs ran away from home and became a merchant marine after his father and grandfather passed away about 1875. He lived in South America, about 1878. It is known that he traveled exstensively throughout South America. There are at least two records of a James M. Dobbs arriving at New York from Panama in the late 1880's: arrived at New York on 8 June 1886 from Aspinwall, Panama on-board the SS Newport and arrived at New York on 23 February 1889 from Aspinwall, Panama on-board SS City Of Para. In the first record his occupation is listed as employeed by railroad and that he is in-transit. In the secod record his occupation is listed as conductor and that he is a sojourner. In both cases the age listed in consistent with the known age of James M. Dobbs.4 He returned to the United States and took up residence in Atlanta, Georgia about 1889. He owned an interest in the Fulton Lumber Company about 1890 in Atlanta, Georgia. As of 1890, James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs lived at 173 Courtland Ave, Atlanta, Georgia.5 He married Emma Charlotte Hahr on 10 December 1891 in Marietta, Georgia. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was in the U.S. Consular Service from 1893 to 1916. He was consul-general during the second Cleveland administration from 1893 to 1898 in Valparaiso, Chile.6,7,8 He was in the U.S. consular service from 1898 to 1900 in Brazil.9 He may have worked on Panama Canal about 1900.10 He married Helen D. Spiegel, daughter of George C. Spiegel and Sophia D. ___, about 1901 in Mexico City, Mexico. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was found on a passenger list on 18 June 1903 in Ellis Island, New York, New York,: Arrived from Rio de Janeiro onboard the SS Egyptian Princess. Image of original ship's manifest lists James M. Dobbs as US citizen age 45 without any other information.11 He and Helen Dobbs appeared on the census of 1910 in Fulton Co., Georgia.12 James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was a superintendant of farms in 1920 in College Park, Fulton Co., Georgia.13 He and Helen Dobbs appeared on the census of 1920 in Fulton Co., Georgia. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs died on 25 December 1922 in College Park, Georgia, at age 63.14,15,16 He was buried in City Cemetery, Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia.1 His obituary reads: "James Monroe Dobbs, well-known resident of College Park, died Monday at the residence on Princeton Avenue, following a short illness. Mr. Dobbs was 63 years of age, and until six years ago, when he retired, was with the United States consular service. Mr. Dobbs was the son of the late Colonel David Dobbs and Mrs. Mattie J. Dobbs. Much of his early life was spent in and around Marietta and he had numbers of friends in that section. He is survived by his mother, a daughter, Mrs. W. H. Smith; a son, James Monroe Dobbs, Jr; two sisters, Mrs. Lillian Finn, College Park, and Mrs. S. H. Smith, Lynchburg, VA; and three brothers, E.P. and H.C. Dobbs of Marietta, and Max D. Dobbs of College Park. Funeral services will be held Tuesday at St. John's Episcopal church, College Park."14

Children of James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs and Emma Charlotte Hahr

Emma Hahr Dobbs+ b. 4 Mar 1893, d. a 4 May 1972

James Monroe Dobbs b. 6 Mar 1898, d. 6 Jul 1898

Child of James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs and Helen D. Spiegel

James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs+ b. 4 Jul 1902, d. 18 Jan 1956

And YES! It is the same Prothro family line which will be continued.

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Saturday evening.

Try these!

Annie Hahr Dobbs b: 20 JAN 1898 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA---------Wife of William D. Pawley

Josephine Prothro Dobbs b: 5 NOV 1891 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA---Sister of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley.

David Judson Dobbs b: 14 MAY 1835 in Marietta, Cobb Cnty, GA; USA Martha Josephine Prothro b: 5 FEB 1834 in Aiken, Barnwell Cnty, GA; USA

Note: Senator in Georgia legislature 1907, and 1915, president pro tem. Was always called Dick, because as a child he shot at Yankee soldiers with a pop gun and they called him "Little Dixie," thus Dick.

James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs was also known as Monroe James Dobbs. He was born on 4 July 1902 in Dallas, Texas. He was named Monroe James Dobbs, but changed his name in childhood to James Monroe Dobbs, Jr. He was the son of James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs and Helen D. Spiegel. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs appeared on the census of 1910 in the household of James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs and Helen Dobbs in Fulton Co., Georgia.1 James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs graduated from University of Georgia School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia, about 1923. He married Dorothy Kollros, daughter of Erhard Joseph Kollros and Catherine Elenora Bannon, in 1925 in Louisville, Kentucky; Divorced in 1936. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs was a Manager for the US Soil Conservation Service in Temple, Texas, from 1935 to 1950. He and Dorothy Kollros were divorced in 1936. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs married Helen Mewhinney on 21 December 1937 in First Presbyterian Church, Ft. Worth, Texas. James Monroe , Jr. Dobbs died on 18 January 1956 in Temple, Texas, at age 53; His death certificate shows that he was divorced, was retired, had worked for the Soil Conservation Service, had never served in the military, and died of acute alcoholism. Buried at Holland Cemetery, Holland, Texas.2 He was buried on 19 January 1956 in Holland Cementary, Holland, Texas.

I would suppose that I am the only person curious enough to want to know how the Uncle's & First Cousin's of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley ended up in/around Dallas, TX.

James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was born on 4 July 1859 in Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia. He was the son of David Judson Dobbs and Martha Josephine Prothro. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs appeared on the census of 1860 in the household of David Judson Dobbs and Martha Josephine Prothro in Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia; Occpation farmer; listed with family is D.S. Gray, the plantation overseer.2 James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs appeared on the census of 1870 in the household of David Judson Dobbs and Martha Josephine Prothro in Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia; occupation listed as farmer.3 James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs ran away from home and became a merchant marine after his father and grandfather passed away about 1875. He lived in South America, about 1878. It is known that he traveled exstensively throughout South America. There are at least two records of a James M. Dobbs arriving at New York from Panama in the late 1880's: arrived at New York on 8 June 1886 from Aspinwall, Panama on-board the SS Newport and arrived at New York on 23 February 1889 from Aspinwall, Panama on-board SS City Of Para. In the first record his occupation is listed as employeed by railroad and that he is in-transit. In the secod record his occupation is listed as conductor and that he is a sojourner. In both cases the age listed in consistent with the known age of James M. Dobbs.4 He returned to the United States and took up residence in Atlanta, Georgia about 1889. He owned an interest in the Fulton Lumber Company about 1890 in Atlanta, Georgia. As of 1890, James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs lived at 173 Courtland Ave, Atlanta, Georgia.5 He married Emma Charlotte Hahr on 10 December 1891 in Marietta, Georgia. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was in the U.S. Consular Service from 1893 to 1916. He was consul-general during the second Cleveland administration from 1893 to 1898 in Valparaiso, Chile.6,7,8 He was in the U.S. consular service from 1898 to 1900 in Brazil.9 He may have worked on Panama Canal about 1900.10 He married Helen D. Spiegel, daughter of George C. Spiegel and Sophia D. ___, about 1901 in Mexico City, Mexico. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was found on a passenger list on 18 June 1903 in Ellis Island, New York, New York,: Arrived from Rio de Janeiro onboard the SS Egyptian Princess. Image of original ship's manifest lists James M. Dobbs as US citizen age 45 without any other information.11 He and Helen Dobbs appeared on the census of 1910 in Fulton Co., Georgia.12 James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs was a superintendant of farms in 1920 in College Park, Fulton Co., Georgia.13 He and Helen Dobbs appeared on the census of 1920 in Fulton Co., Georgia. James Monroe , Sr. Dobbs died on 25 December 1922 in College Park, Georgia, at age 63.14,15,16 He was buried in City Cemetery, Marietta, Cobb Co., Georgia.1 His obituary reads: "James Monroe Dobbs, well-known resident of College Park, died Monday at the residence on Princeton Avenue, following a short illness. Mr. Dobbs was 63 years of age, and until six years ago, when he retired, was with the United States consular service. Mr. Dobbs was the son of the late Colonel David Dobbs and Mrs. Mattie J. Dobbs. Much of his early life was spent in and around Marietta and he had numbers of friends in that section. He is survived by his mother, a daughter, Mrs. W. H. Smith; a son, James Monroe Dobbs, Jr; two sisters, Mrs. Lillian Finn, College Park, and Mrs. S. H. Smith, Lynchburg, VA; and three brothers, E.P. and H.C. Dobbs of Marietta, and Max D. Dobbs of College Park. Funeral services will be held Tuesday at St. John's Episcopal church, College Park."14

Tom,

You are probably more than aware but a couple of highlights in Prothro's career include:

In 1949 he was selected as one of the most outstanding young men in Texas by the Texas Junior Chamber of Commerce. In 1958, he became a new member of the University of Texas Development Board and in early November of 1963, he became a member of the Governing Board of Southern Methodist University.

Yes, I agree, Charles N. Prothro certainly does have common ground with many items.

James

Tom,

You are probably more than aware but a couple of highlights in Prothro's career include:

In 1949 he was selected as one of the most outstanding young men in Texas by the Texas Junior Chamber of Commerce. In 1958, he became a new member of the University of Texas Development Board and in early November of 1963, he became a member of the Governing Board of Southern Methodist University.

Yes, I agree, Charles N. Prothro certainly does have common ground with many items.

James

He also served as President/CEO of "Ponies Oil Company" which was in fact an oil company that was primarily owned by SMU.

Nevertheless, it is his ultimate direct family "kin" to the wife of William Douglas Pawley which I find to be most interesting, especially considering where Marguerite Oswald was provided employment.

Tom

P. S. His daughter-in-law (wife of "Vin"/Vincent Prothro) was a "Harvey", whom I have not managed to trace the roots. As well as the associations with the "Clark" family.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/77R/billtext/SR00415F.HTM

his wife, Caren Harvey Prothro; his son,

2-21 Vincent Harvey Prothro; his daughter, Nita Prothro Clark

Nevertheless, it is his ultimate direct family "kin" to the wife of William Douglas Pawley which I find to be most interesting, especially considering where Marguerite Oswald was provided employment. (Thomas H. Purvis)

Tom,

Speaking of Marguerite's employment, do you know anything about her working as a babysitter during the October-November period of 1963? She was minding the children of Amon G. Carter who was president of the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

James

Nevertheless, it is his ultimate direct family "kin" to the wife of William Douglas Pawley which I find to be most interesting, especially considering where Marguerite Oswald was provided employment. (Thomas H. Purvis)

Tom,

Speaking of Marguerite's employment, do you know anything about her working as a babysitter during the October-November period of 1963? She was minding the children of Amon G. Carter who was president of the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

James

Sounds completely logical to me.

No, I have only recently begun to have traced how Marguerite Claverie Oswald secured her employment positions while in Texas.

It took long enough to track down exactly who she knew/how she obtained those in New Orleans and other locations.

However, not unlike New Orleans, her various employment seems to have continued to be an end result of knowing someone who knew someone, etc.

As one will recall, she was supposedly "disabled" from her injury with the candy company, yet by the time LHO's paperwork was completed and submitted to get him his early out, suddenly Marguerite has secured a postion at Waco, TX with the Methodists Childrens/Orphans Home.

I do know that the Texas Insurance Representative for whom she reportedly sold life insurance policies for a short period of time, was in fact from New Orleans.

However, it produced no significant results as to how she would have come to know him.

Tom,

James

I was once following up on the Amon G. Carter Connection, then got side-tracked.

Thought perhaps you might enjoy these "20-questions" I used to play.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassi...2079782a98dc501

Whereas there has been considerable discussion on U-2 pilot Gary Powers and the

gold coins he was carrying when shot down, and it would appear that I have

nothing better to do than play trivia games:

Who can describe the connection between the U.S. 1822 half-eagle gold coin,

(5$ gold piece), which is one of the most rare of US gold coins, and the

connection that this coin has to the JFK assassination and the TSDB?

Tom P

The winner gets an early peek at who was behind LHO!

Tom, did anyone ever answer your question.

No one answered it.

Amon G. Carter, Publisher of the Fort Worth Star Telegram, Co-founder of

American Airlines, and personal acquaintence of Harold Byrd, acquired the coin

in 1951 at a reported cost of $20,000.00.

The coin now resides in the Smithsonian Institution.

Tom P

It is merely one of those coincidental items in which various individuals of

wealth and position knew other individuals.

Just as is the coincidence in which the wife of Harold Byrd (the Carruth

family) was a member of one of the most elite societies in the United States.

Also as a member of this society was a Mr. Sims of New Orleans, LA.

Mr. Sims just so happend to be a member of the New Orleans Law firm of "Phelps,

Dunbar, Claverie, Sims".

Of which "Claverie" happened to be Louis B. Claverie, who happened to be the

great Uncle of LHO.

And "Uncle Louis" , the Uncle of Marguerite Claverie, just so happened to be a

former legal associate of the "Wolfe" of the Law Firm for which Marguerite

Claverie worked as a receiptonists in here early/young years.

And, most of those businesses and/or persons for which Marguerite Claverie

and/or LHO worked, were either legal associations of these many attornies, in

which the attornies were the "Registered Agent" for the company, or else these

persons were common acquaintainces through their association in (a) The Boston

Club. (:eat The REX organization © Sons of The Confederacy organizations.

Tom P

And, this does not even branch into the complete association between Attorney

Louis B. Claverie and one attorney named F.D.V. De La Barre, who operated out

of the same location as the "Gill"/Marcello connection.

Tom P

Therefore, assuming you have found correct information related to the Amon G. Carter employment, then you have no doubt found "another link in the chain".

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Saturday evening.

Try these!

Green Berry (Greenbury) PROTHRO

Birth: 20 FEB 1851 in AL 1

Death: 11 MAR 1933 in Upshur Co, Tx

Father: Emory PROTHRO b: 1818 in Ga

Mother: Frances Honace THOMASON b: BET 1826 AND 1830 in Ga

Marriage 1 Mary "Sallie" Elizabeth WOODS b: JUN 1855 in TX

Married: 12 JUN 1872 in Rusk Co TX

Children:

3. James Nelson PROTHRO b: 26 AUG 1878 in Gregg Co Tx

Children: Charles Nelson PROTHRO

Annie Hahr Dobbs :Marriage 1 William Douglas Pawley b: 17 SEP 1896 in Florence, SC; USA

Father: Herbert Clifton Dobbs

Father of Herbert Clifton Dobbs: David Judson Dobbs

Mother of Herbert Clifton Dobbs: Martha Josephine Prothro

Martha Josephine Prothro: Grandmother to Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley

Father of Martha Josephine Prothro: Evan Prothro: Elbert County, Georgia

James Prothro:Son of Evan Prothro of Elbert County, Georgia & Brother to Martha Josephine Prothro Dobbs:

A son: Emory Prothro

Son of Emory Prothro: Green B. (Green Berry aka Greenbury) Prothro.

Green B. Prothro: Father of James Nelson Prothro, and Grandfather to Charles Nelson Prothro

And this family linage does not even take into consideration that of Captain Thomas Jefferson Dobbs, CSA, of Georgia and later Texas. CPT Thomas Jefferson Dobbs was a nephew to CSA Colonel David Judson Dobbs, (Martha J. Prothro), grandfather & grandmother of Annie Hahr Dobbs Pawley.

CPT Thomas Jefferson Dobbs was the son of Josiah Dobbs.

In addition, the mother of CPT Thomas Jefferson Dobbs was Elizabeth Prothro, descendant of Evan Prothro.

Therefore, virtually the entire realm of formerly Georgia residents "Dobbs" as well as "Prothro" who moved to and resided in Texas, were the direct family of Annie Hahr Dobbs (Pawley).

• 2 months later...

Here's one for the coincidence file that kind of links with the Bullfighter in Mexico thread.

While in Mexico, bullfighters Keith Richard and Robert Clayton Buick knew the young champion bullfighter Baron Clements (from Kilgore, Texas) who was the protege of bullfighting legend Sidney Franklin; the same Sidney Franklin who featured in some of Ernest Hemmingway's work and who travelled to Texas with his young star when he was visiting family.

Franklin was Jewish, gay and from Brooklyn which makes one wonder how he ever became a toreador. He was also very best friends with one time Havana resident, Evelyn Del Barrio. Del Barrio's resume includes prominent positions with the Biltmore Hotel in Cuba, the Havana Post, Bacardi, and Neiman Marcus in Dallas. She was also a reporter for the Chicago American (known as Evelyn Kelly then) and was one of the first 2 reporters on the scene of the St. Valentine's Day massacre.

In 1950, she married Joseph O. Lambert Jr., who passed away in 1970. At the time of his death, his address was listed as 3525 Turtle Creek, the same building as R.G. Storey.

I need a lie down now.

FWIW (very little probably).

James

• 2 months later...
Here's one for the coincidence file that kind of links with the Bullfighter in Mexico thread.

While in Mexico, bullfighters Keith Richard and Robert Clayton Buick knew the young champion bullfighter Baron Clements (from Kilgore, Texas) who was the protege of bullfighting legend Sidney Franklin; the same Sidney Franklin who featured in some of Ernest Hemmingway's work and who travelled to Texas with his young star when he was visiting family.

Franklin was Jewish, gay and from Brooklyn which makes one wonder how he ever became a toreador. He was also very best friends with one time Havana resident, Evelyn Del Barrio. Del Barrio's resume includes prominent positions with the Biltmore Hotel in Cuba, the Havana Post, Bacardi, and Neiman Marcus in Dallas. She was also a reporter for the Chicago American (known as Evelyn Kelly then) and was one of the first 2 reporters on the scene of the St. Valentine's Day massacre.

In 1950, she married Joseph O. Lambert Jr., who passed away in 1970. At the time of his death, his address was listed as 3525 Turtle Creek, the same building as R.G. Storey.

I need a lie down now.

FWIW (very little probably).

James

Another resident of 3525 Turtle Creek Boulevard was Kenneth Murchison, President of Insurers Corporation and brother of Clint Murchison.

James

• 4 years later...

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Saturday evening.

Mrs. Storey, Jr. was his son's wife. The son died in 1962.