The Education Forum

Photo of LBJ and Yarborough in Dallas

John Simkin

Message from Greg Ritsul:

I have really enjoyed your website for some time now, and was hoping you could provide a resourse or two regarding the following:

There must be thousands of photos of the JFK car in the Dallas motorcade. But no matter where I've searched, I have yet to find a single photo of LBJ and Yarborough, riding in the 3rd car I believe. I am especially interested in LBJ as I read recently he appeared "visibly nervous" and wanted to see this for myself. Do you have, or do you know where I might find some photos of LBJ or LBJ/Yarborough in the

motorcade?

Message from Greg Ritsul:

I have really enjoyed your website for some time now, and was hoping you could provide a resourse or two regarding the following:

There must be thousands of photos of the JFK car in the Dallas motorcade. But no matter where I've searched, I have yet to find a single photo of LBJ and Yarborough, riding in the 3rd car I believe. I am especially interested in LBJ as I read recently he appeared "visibly nervous" and wanted to see this for myself. Do you have, or do you know where I might find some photos of LBJ or LBJ/Yarborough in the

motorcade?

Considering the number of court cases in which Yarborough had won against "MAGNOLIA" (aka Standard) Oil Company, no doubt, LBJ would have been nervous in merely being seen with Yarborough.

One can get a lot of "Bad Press" as well as spit upon when they take on the oil companies in their backyard, and WIN!

And any "association" with someone whom the oil companies disliked, could certainly hamper political careers.