The Education Forum

Angel Murgado (Angelo Kennedy)

P.S. John, you can keep referring to LHO as an "FBI Agent" from now until forever. This will not make it so.

An "Agent" is a full time employee of the Federal Government, of which, rest assured, LHO was NOT.

Is it true that someone can only be a full-time FBI undercover agent? I remember William Sullivan once telling J. Edgar Hoover that there were more undercover FBI agents in the American Communist Party than there was actual committed members. I expect the same was true of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. In fact, the whole thing could have been what the British intelligence agencies call a "honey trap".

--------------------------

John and Tom [and even for the "lurking" Trolls]

As both JJA and Theodore Racoosin [one of the 5 founders of the State of Israel] told me; were it not for the Shin Bet/MOSSAD 100% funding of Geo. Lincoln Rockwell's U.S. NAZI Party, it would have faded into oblivion quickly !! [Nothing like a few armband Swastikas "on-parade" to boost the Israel Bond sales !!]

As former DCI Jim Woolsey told the seminar in Cleveland [Feb. 1998] -- a CIA "agent" is the snitch, spy, traitor, etc. who is recruited by the career CIA "OFFICER" to betray everybody from his country to his mother & goldfish!!

An FBI "AGENT" is a career employee [not a clerk nor janitor] who is ultimately sworn in as law enforcement officer, and given a "scrolled & embossed" Commission [as required by the Constitution] as an active FBI SPECIAL AGENT !!

An FBI "INFORMANT" is carried under the title as an S.S.C.I.; an S.C.I.; or mostly as a C.I.!!

An S.S.C.I. is a Salaried Special Confidential Informant.

An S.C.I. is a Special Confidential Informant [receiving a regular or infrequent "stipend" and/or "expenses"]

While a C.I. [the most common], is a Confidential Informant, and usually is cooperating because felony charges have been "temporarily" abated/suspended; or he has been paroled or otherwise released to "custody-at-large" status, and remains free as long as he continues his work as a "UC" snitch, or an agent provacateur !! [beginning during the Victorian Era -- in the UK; this was styled as a "Ticket-for-Leave"]

Valerie Plame Wilson was still a "NOC" [Non-Official-Cover] & Covert CIA OFFICER [not Agent] when she was traitorously "outed" by Cheney, Libby, Rove, and "Shrub" via Novak, Miller, et al. !! The difficulties with proving the "Intent" [mens rea] requirements of the 1982 Intel/Identities Act forced Fitzgerald to go for the "cover-up" indictment counts. But, there will indeed be more. Y'all...down there in Crawford, TX -- be kind to "Shrub" when he retires there next year, cause he WILL be pardoned by Hastert or Frist...Y'all hear now !!

Nothing really NEW here,

GPH

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. John, you can keep referring to LHO as an "FBI Agent" from now until forever. This will not make it so.

An "Agent" is a full time employee of the Federal Government, of which, rest assured, LHO was NOT.

Is it true that someone can only be a full-time FBI undercover agent? I remember William Sullivan once telling J. Edgar Hoover that there were more undercover FBI agents in the American Communist Party than there was actual committed members. I expect the same was true of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. In fact, the whole thing could have been what the British intelligence agencies call a "honey trap".

JEH, early on, developed the understanding of the necessity of having reliable information for personal; political; as well as national interests.

And of course, prior to advent of the CIA, the FBI was the primary intelligence activity in all foreign embassies.

After CIA assumption of this role, many of those former FBI "Agents", merely were transferred into the roles of the CIA.

There was the old saying "Once a ""Hoover Man"", always a Hoover Man", which certainly had merit.

In the event an Agent fully served Hoover, then upon retirement, Hoover would assure that the person also secured some position in civillian life, which was also usually of benefit to Hoover.

Thus many retired FBI Agents assumed positions with newspapers, frequent at the "Front Desk", as well as other positions as "aides" to Congressmen, etc;

So long as they continued to provide information to Hoover, their jobs and futures were secure.

This of course also held true for those who continued on with the CIA after the change in jurisdictional assignment.

These persons were "Hoover Men", and few if any were willing to risk the rath with which one could ruin the life of the person if he so desired.

A prime example of one who was "hard-headed" & "stubborn" enough to not go along with JEH, was of course my far distant cousin; "Melvin Purvis".

Melvin made the mistake of getting more fame than did JEH, and for this he was more or less forced into quitting the FBI.

To which Melvin had no problems as he was going to do the story of "His Life" for a major motion picture studio, as well as become "Head of Security" for an extremly well known Department Store Chain.

All of which JEH got squelched!

Ultimately, Melvin ended up with what was little more than a night-watchman job, which of course lead to financial and marital difficulties, which ultimately lead to Melvin committing suicide.

Thereafter, each and every FBI Agent got a full glimpse at the "Wrath" of Hoover in destruction of one's life and career if one did not continue to "play along" and provide information if requested. Even if no longer working directly as an FBI "Agent".

The FBI was, even back then, an extremely large organization, of which by comparison, only a few persons were actually "Field Agents" who actually dealt with criminal activity.

Not to mention the extensive laboratory technicians/experts in given fields, the FBI also had the responsibilities of background investigations as well as those investigations into all other aspects of violations of FEDERAL LAWS.

Hoover had built the FBI into his own "KINGDOM", with of course himself as the King.

As regards your "Front" organization question, it is obvious that the FBI was responsible for actually setting up and running many of these activities.

Hell, everyone knows that it is by far easier to let all of the "kooks" come to you, than to go out and attempt to search them out one by one.

ERGO! Gun Shows!

American Society has probably the highest number of guns in the hands of private owner, as well as homicides by gunshot, of any country in the world.

Yet, we persist in "GUN SHOWS".

Might I add, that should you visit the US and go to such an activity, "SMILE BIG" as you enter the doorway.

That way there is a "Happy" photo of you as you enter.

In many instances, the persons who establish these "Front" organizations, are nothing more than "Private Enterprise" which makes it's living off of the federal funds which are received to provide the "Front Activity".

The FBI/CIA/DIA/ONI/ASA/etc; etc; etc; long ago learned that there was little to be served in placing their own permanent/full time agents "undercover" and at risk, when the free market/free enterprise system, always provided someone who, for money or services rendered, was willing to conduct those activities necessary for "watch" of the activity.

Tom

P.S. One example of a "Hoover's Man" was retired FBI Agent Van Landingham, who was the Head Investigator for the Mississippi Soverignty Commission.

Another example would be Jim Worrell who took over the "City Desk" for the "Daily Oklahoman" in OKC, OK.

So, are they "Agents" for the FBI?-------------

AMAURY MURGADO ANSWERED A SERIOUS OF QUESTIONS POSED TO HIM BY MR. SIMIKIN (His words are below:)

Please remember the information and the statements I have provided you thus far. I will answer you, as best I can, in that framework. These answers reflect a conversation with my father on 11-6-5. No updated picture is forthcoming from my father.

(1) When and where was your father born?

Havana, Cuba 10-2-39

(2) When did he arrive in the United States?

December 1956

(3) When did he join the Bay of Pigs operation.

February 1961, Brigade 2506 Serial Number 3266

Paratrooper Battalion, Company A, HQ's Radio Operator

(4) Was he captured?

21-22 April (one of the last ones) captured in full paratrooper uniform, never got out of it like others did. He maintained his soldier status throughout.

(5) If so, what happened to him?

He became POW at Pricenpe Castle. On the day the Brigade was getting ready to leave after the negotiations for their release succeeded, my father and eight others were taken to the airport to say goodbye to the Brigade as a form of punishment as they were slotted for execution and would never see them again. While at the airport, the Cuban government changed there execution to 30 years hard labor. Eventually that day, they were the last nine to leave.

(6) When did your father first meet Robert Kennedy?

No answer

(7) What instructions did he give your father concerning his investigations in New Orleans.

RFK never gave any instruction to my father on the subject. Since my father and Artime were working with RFK, my father pitched the idea to RFK and he allowed it. My father was concerned that some brigade hotheads or other upset Cubans with the Bay of Pigs fiasco might do something stupid, so he was given authority to conduct an independent investigation and keep RFK informed. These meetings were generally at RFK's West Palm Beach home, with no other people around except Artime who dad says would be on the phone most of the time.

(8) Was he investigating anti or pro Castro Cubans?

My father's idea revolved around keeping tabs on anti-Castro hot heads that were blaming JFK for the bay of Pigs fiasco. This was not a massive intelligence operation, just a low key attempt by my father. His job was just anti-Castro hotheads with Brigade 2506 ties. What other people were doing and why were of no concern to him. (Under compartmentalization, only those in the need to know do...).

(9) Did the rumors of assassination plots involve both of these groups.

My father had no specific information on anything inparticular. He just wanted to keeps tabs on possible renegade activity.

(10) At what stage did your father realize that Oswald was a FBI agent?

My father's only comment was he developed sources that advised him that Oswald was with the FBI as an informant. This information was passed on to RFK as with all information garnished from my father's activities. RFK was always briefed by my father personally. Artime was always with them but would not always attend the briefings. He will not discuss these sources or anything further on the topic.

(11) Why did your father visit Silvia Odio?

My father new Silvia socially in Miami. It always seems that everyone knows everyone from Cuba. His investigation led to some questions that Sylvia might help him with. My father says all the things written about the Sylvia incident are bogus. Oswald was inside the apartment when he and Benny arrived. The why's and who's for the perpetuation of Sylvia's disinformation are not part of my father's involvement and are for someone else to answer.

(12) Did your father go to Silvia's apartment with Bernardo de Torres?

Yes. At the time Benny was an associate of my father but not a key player with RFK/Artime. My father used to take him on minor assignments to help out. On this particular day, my father took Benny along. He just accompanied my father to see Sylvia. As to the rest of the story, my father says it didn't happen. Again, what and why the Odio Incident keeps perpetuating itself in the form it does is for someone else to answer.

If I remember correctly, there is a body of information out there that says Sylvia was seen with Oswald several times. I mentioned this to Professor Mellen and she had trouble accepting this. She had trouble with many of the things I brought up to her about her Key West article. Some of the items in her book will differ with my father's comments because as I have said before, she did not take notes nor tape record any of her conversations with my father. I am sure her writing is not malicious, but not everything she writes can be attributed to my father).

(13) You say in your email " The only reason Oswald was known to my father

was the same way most of New Orleans new him...through the newspaper and

other media outlets. Oswald if you remember was working very hard at getting

himself noticed.

Did your father begin to investigate Oswald when his activities began to appear in the newspapers?

Oswald was not part of my father's task. My father was concentrating on the Cuban renegades. He only brought the

information back to RFK as background and advised RFK that Oswald was an FBI informant. It was never more than just

that at the time. Obviously after the assassination, it was quite a shock to learn about Oswald.

(14) If Oswald was an undercover FBI agent, why was he attempting to draw so much attention towards himself?

That question has to be answered by someone else. Oswald was not part of my father's assignment.

(15) You also said: "But lets agree that its a safe bet that if Oswald did

kill JFK, would you admit to having him in your apartment."

However, why would she also add the two mysterious Cubans to the story? Why not simply

tell the FBI you were mistaken when you had the chance and it was Hall and

Howard etc. Or why try and take it all to the HSCA a few years later. Why

keep associating the two Cubans with your visitor. Which perhaps takes us

back to the why of the "call back". Clearly Sylvia had the chance to recant

and back out of this many times and she did not.

That is not a question for my father but for Sylvia.

(16) You say in your email: "My father's mission for RFK was fact finding

and keeping tabs on any renegades from the Cuban side that might be planning

to do harm to the president. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to note that

when a group of Cubans who are upset at the president leave Florida and head

to New Orleans they might bear watching.

" Why did your father not come

forward after the assassination of JFK? This information might have helped

track down the killers of JFK.

Come forward with what and to whom? My father was already working with RFK at the time...RFK was always briefed and had all the information. Remember prior to the assassination Oswald was considered working with the FBI in some type of capacity. After the assassination, RFK and others choose to squash the investigation and made sure it concluded Oswald acted alone. RFK was his brother's keeper (my father says that all the time). This is all historical record now with the subsequent release of classified documents.

Why would my father come forward to anyone else? RFK was the Attorney General of the United States, technically with regards to law enforcement, RFK was the highest authority in the land at the time. Why call the FBI when Oswald was already known to them? So who else is left to report to? Regardless of what is floating out there now, my father did his job the way it needed to be done at the time. He didn't need to come forward because he already had.

I read this to my father, which was part of an answer to Mr. Gratz. My father said it would suffice as his answer to your question.

(17) How did Robert Kennedy react to the news that your father had been in

contact with Oswald before the assassination. Did he want your father to

give this information to the FBI?

My dad tells me that after the assassination, RFK was in deep shock. RFK did not make contact with my father and Artime until about 2 or 2.5 months later. It was clear at this meeting that no one had any answers. It was at this final meeting in West Palm Beach that my father and RFK last spoke. RFK told my father that it was over and done (meaning what they had been working on). That ended my father's involvement directly with RFK. As said before, there was no reason to tell anyone anything, they already knew.

(17) Is it possible to provide some biographical information on your father

since 1963?

My father thank you for your interest but declines to answer. I can tell you as his son, he went on to do many things for and on behalf of the Brigade such as form an AMVETS post and secure that the Brigade members are considered as veterans of the US Armed Forces. He also participated in trying to get back the bodies of slain Brigade members brought back from Cuba.

I hope this fulfills your request for information. I am glad my father choose to answer more in depth. I do have one change in that in an prior email I mentioned that my father went to Virginia to meet with RFK. I was mistaken. He either met in Washington (2-3 times) or in RFK's West Palm Beach home. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Amaury,

Just a thanks to your father for all that he's done over the years. I'm sure that it hasn't been an easy life and I'm sure he sacrificed plenty.

Dave

I appreciate the comment much, Mark. Perhaps you have picked up that over the last month or two my respect for your posts has increased.

I have said several times that some of my best friends have been people from opposite ends of the political spectrum. I sometimes think a problem with forums like this is that even with a picture of other members, it is far easier to get nasty, so to speak, than if you were sitting down in a bar or restaurant fiercely debating the same issue but face-to-face.

On a more substantive side, I agree with you that the participation of Amaury Murgado is certainly welcome and the confirmation that Oswald was indeed at Odio's (so who was in Mexico City?) and that Oswald was with Odio when Murgado got there, as well as Murgado's belief that Oswald was an FBI informant, are of EXTREME importance and may very well advance the investigation.

Does not this thread in and of itself demolish "Case Closed" as well as Bugliosi's expected book? I certainly think so. I also think if a new inquiry would be had, Sylvia Odio would be close to the top of my list. Why does the story attributed to her differ so greatly from Mr. Murgado's?

----------------------------

NOT when it is safe for her, but when it is safe for all previously connected to her, here and abroad -- she will recant and denounce the abuse put to this courageous her repeatedly by entities of the U.S. and other foreign governments.

She was [and still is] a very brave warrior, especially so when she operated with us inside Cuba.

Many others like her, agreed with my challenge to Nazario Sargent, Medina, Fleites, et al. [Alpha-66] when I stated that: "....With so many family members now here inside the U.S.; just whose brother, sister, cousin, uncle or aunt are we going to murder inside Cuba NOW ??"!! "...They are targets and "enemies" now, just because they joined the Militia in order to feed their families !!" "...It is OVER !! Let us honor our dead, and those honorable warrior 'enemies'....and get on with really saving the Cuban people !!" [1970 -- After returning from disaster relief operations in Peru]

'VOLVEREMOS !!'

Gerry Patrick Hemming, Ejercito Rebelde Cubano, F.A.R. [1958-1960]

I appreciate the comment much, Mark. Perhaps you have picked up that over the last month or two my respect for your posts has increased.

I have said several times that some of my best friends have been people from opposite ends of the political spectrum. I sometimes think a problem with forums like this is that even with a picture of other members, it is far easier to get nasty, so to speak, than if you were sitting down in a bar or restaurant fiercely debating the same issue but face-to-face.

On a more substantive side, I agree with you that the participation of Amaury Murgado is certainly welcome and the confirmation that Oswald was indeed at Odio's (so who was in Mexico City?) and that Oswald was with Odio when Murgado got there, as well as Murgado's belief that Oswald was an FBI informant, are of EXTREME importance and may very well advance the investigation.

Does not this thread in and of itself demolish "Case Closed" as well as Bugliosi's expected book? I certainly think so. I also think if a new inquiry would be had, Sylvia Odio would be close to the top of my list. Why does the story attributed to her differ so greatly from Mr. Murgado's?

----------------------------

NOT when it is safe for her, but when it is safe for all previously connected to her, here and abroad -- she will recant and denounce the abuse put to this courageous her repeatedly by entities of the U.S. and other foreign governments.

She was [and still is] a very brave warrior, especially so when she operated with us inside Cuba.

Many others like her, agreed with my challenge to Nazario Sargent, Medina, Fleites, et al. [Alpha-66] when I stated that: "....With so many family members now here inside the U.S.; just whose brother, sister, cousin, uncle or aunt are we going to murder inside Cuba NOW ??"!! "...They are targets and "enemies" now, just because they joined the Militia in order to feed their families !!" "...It is OVER !! Let us honor our dead, and those honorable warrior 'enemies'....and get on with really saving the Cuban people !!" [1970 -- After returning from disaster relief operations in Peru]

'VOLVEREMOS !!'

Gerry Patrick Hemming, Ejercito Rebelde Cubano, F.A.R. [1958-1960]

I agree with Gerry 1000%., As well as some other comments he made today about Senor Bush and his pardon should the waters get even more troubled over the Plame affair. I suspect this November 22nd is not going to be your average affair, but I have been wrong before, more than once. But if I am right, hell maybe we could even get our country back while we're at it.

Does not this thread in and of itself demolish "Case Closed" as well as Bugliosi's expected book?

I think it certainly strengthens the two-Oswald theory of Armstrong.

I believe the Odio incident is said to have occurred on the night of September 27. Hours earlier that day, Oswald arrived by bus in Mexico City. Obviously this could not have been the same Oswald who was in Odio's apartment that night.

Does not this thread in and of itself demolish "Case Closed" as well as Bugliosi's expected book?

I believe the Odio incident is said to have occurred on the night of September 27. Hours earlier that day, Oswald arrived by bus in Mexico City. Obviously this could not have been the same Oswald who was in Odio's apartment that night.

Without checking my sources, Ron, I'm almost positive that when the sisters finally got their story together they believed they saw Oswald on the 25th, on the night he'd supposedly left from New Orleans, (on a bus where no one saw him). No one saw him on a bus till late that night/early the next morning in Houston. The WC came to the ridiculous conclusion that when Oswald called Mrs. Horace Twiford to try to arrange a late-night rendezvous in Houston, he was at a rest stop on the bus to Houston. This scenario makes little sense however because Mrs. Twiford lived several miles from the bus station, and Oswald, as we all know, didn't take cabs. The proper conclusion was Mrs. Twiford's conclusion--that Oswald was already in Houston when he called. He could have easily got there from Dallas and the Odio's, provided he flew with someone who had access to a car and could drive. Hmmm. Who do we know from New Orleans who could fly, and who knew the Houston/Galveston area? Just a hunch. I believe this was the very day of the Rorke/Sullivan flight, as well. Not sure if it's tied in in any way, but it's a coincidence worth mentioning.

Edited by Pat Speer

Without checking my sources, Ron, I'm almost positive that when the sisters finally got their story together they believed they saw Oswald on the 25th, on the night he'd supposedly left from New Orleans, (on a bus where no one saw him). No one saw him on a bus till late that night/early the next morning in Houston. The WC came to the ridiculous conclusion that when Oswald called Mrs. Horace Twiford to try to arrange a late-night rendezvous in Houston, he was at a rest stop on the bus to Houston. This scenario makes little sense however because Mrs. Twiford lived several miles from the bus station, and Oswald, as we all know, didn't take cabs. The proper conclusion was Mrs. Twiford's conclusion--that Oswald was already in Houston when he called. He could have easily got there from Dallas and the Odio's, provided he flew with someone who had access to a car and could drive. Hmmm. Who do we know from New Orleans who could fly, and who knew the Houston/Galveston area? Just a hunch. I believe this was the very day of the Rorke/Sullivan flight, as well. Not sure if it's tied in in any way, but it's a coincidence worth mentioning.

----------------------------------

Pat:

Upon our return from the search for Rorke and Sullivan, we decided not to inform Mrs. Rorke or lawyer Ellis Rubin [at a late October '63 de-briefing] about the most critical findings resulting from our SAR mission.

We had flown the SAR in Charlie Bush's C-47 "Goony Bird" (Douglas DC-3 Mil/version). Davy was co-Pilot with Bush. Our routing took us from Opa-Locka, FL direct to the lawful P.O.E [Merida, Mexico]. RON'd there and flew to the island of Cozumel. 20 minutes after our landing at Cozumel, Ambassador Thomas Mann landed in the AM/Embassy-Mex-D.F. U.S.N. R4D-2 [uS Navy version of the C-47]. We flew on to Belize City, British Honduras the next day. RON'd there and then flew to Purto Barrios, Guatemala - where we were detained and flown to Guatemala City on a F.A.G. C-47. [more on that in the near term]

Amb. Mann was accompanied by CIA/COS Win Scott, 2 WH-4 JM/WAVE -DDP Officers, and 4 Marine embassy guards "M.S.G.s" [who also were CIA assets], one of whom had spent 2 weeks with me in Havana after LHO's visit there during April 1959.

Satisfied with his inquiries, Mann left about 4 hours later on a flight to Anacostia [via NAS Boca Chica - Cecil Field, NAS JAX, FL - to NAS Norfolk - direct Anacostia]

We never mentioned my briefing of Geoff. Sullivan and Rorke on the proper techniques of flying low into Cuba under the BAM San Julian, etc. Sov/Radar ["threading-the-needle"] just before the Bayo/Pawley operation, which had been initially crypto'd as AM/TRUCK. Sturgis was thrown out of this Rorke mission briefing. [Control over Rorke was exercised my both FBI and US Army CIC - Boris Pash's old unit - while Fiorini/Sturgis was handled by Siragusa FBN operators & assisted by A.S.A - Magruder's old outfit].

Years later, I had the sad duty of informing Geoff's daughter Sherry that: Her father had transported LHO to Merida on that operation. She was accompanied by Janet Ray Weininger, daughter of Alabama Air Guard Pilot Capt. "Pete" Ray, whose B-26 was shot down [April 18th, 1961] while attempting to kill Fidel at his H.Q. [sugar-mill Central Australia - some miles north of Playa Giron, Bay of Pigs]. Jan finally recovered her father's frozen corpse from a Havana morgue, and he was buried with full military honors in Alabama. She sued the Cuban government a couple of years ago, and was recently awarded an $86 Million judgement, to be executed upon GOC impounded funds in D.C. !!

We have all stayed in touch over these many years.

"Nothing NEW here" - Back to C-SPAN.

GPH

Pat,

I checked the sources, and Odio told the FBI that the most probable date of the visit was the night of September 26, though it could have been September 25 (CE3147). The WC concluded, based on Oswald's Houston call on the night of the 25th and Mexico bus ride on the 26th, that it could not have been Oswald at Odio's (WCR 324).

In his report for the HSCA, Fonzi concluded that "Odio's testimony is essentially credible," and "there is a strong probability that one of the men was or appeared to be Lee Harvey Oswald." He said "no definite conclusion on the specific date could be reached." It could have been Sept 24, but "was more likely on September 25, 26, or 27. If it were, then Oswald, judging from evidence developed by both the Warren Commission and this committee, had to have had access to private transportation to get to Dallas from New Orleans, a situation that indicates possible conspiratorial involvement" (10:31-32).

So it looks like one of three things happened: there was one Oswald rushing around; there were two Oswalds; or there was one Oswald and an awfully convincing lookalike.

I'm still impressed with Armstrong's cumulative evidence of two Oswalds, including the uncharacteristically sociable Oswald who was on the Mexico bus ride. I wouldn't be surprised if the Oswald at Odio's was the more antisocial wife-beating TSBD order filler. But who knows.

Ron

Thank you John.

One initial (small) quibble. The page states that Blakey personally binterviewed Hall, Seymour and Howard.

I don't think Blakey personally did the interviews. Who interviewed them is not of great importance perhaps but complete accuracy would be desireable.

Thank you for pointing this out. I have corrected this mistake. I have been keeping Robert Blakey informed of the evidence that has been emerging about Murgado. Hopefully, he will eventually post on this matter.

I have been keeping Robert Blakey informed of the evidence that has been emerging about Murgado. Hopefully, he will eventually post on this matter.

I have just had this email from Robert Blakey: "Thanks for sending the material. My life is such that I don't have time to go into things of this sort."

Interesting reply. I am glad you sent him the material, however.

I think it significant that it was Gerry Hemming who revealed the identity of Angel and Leopoldo.

That the information was first "published" on-line in this Forum.

Its first book publication was in Professor Mellen's "A Farewell to Arms" and that she confirmed it by interviewing Mr. Murgado. it has now been confirmed by his son as well.

I think the information ought to be sent to Gerald Posner!

Edited by Tim Gratz

Guest Matt Allison

My only reaction to Blakey's reply is literally nausea.

We Americans apparently get what we deserve when it comes to thinking we have a government of integrity.

It says as much about us as it does about them.

I have just had this email from Robert Blakey: "Thanks for sending the material. My life is such that I don't have time to go into things of this sort."