The Education Forum

Ultimate Sacrifice by Thom Hartmann & Lamar Waldron

John Simkin

I recently finished reading "Ultimate Sacrifice", and have enjoyed it. I don't agree with Waldron's premise that it was a Mafia hit, and don't believe the Mafia were the primary movers behind the assassination. I understand Marcello, Trafficante, and Roselli had ties to intelligence(CIA assets, and going back to the OSS days), certainly had a vested interest in JFK's elimination, and very likely supplied men & money. There's a lot of information in the book, and I've learned quite a bit. A small piece of the puzzle.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/24/2015 at 8:16 PM, Roger DeLaria said:

I recently finished reading "Ultimate Sacrifice", and have enjoyed it. I don't agree with Waldron's premise that it was a Mafia hit, and don't believe the Mafia were the primary movers behind the assassination. I understand Marcello, Trafficante, and Roselli had ties to intelligence(CIA assets, and going back to the OSS days), certainly had a vested interest in JFK's elimination, and very likely supplied men & money. There's a lot of information in the book, and I've learned quite a bit. A small piece of the puzzle.

Roger. We're there any connections to the LA Mob in this book?

17 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Roger. We're there any connections to the LA Mob in this book?

Oh, man. It was over 3.5 yrs ago that I read it, I don't specifically remember. There might have been, I'd have to go back and look through that phone book! Maybe someone can recal better than I?

The mob connections in Ultimate Sacrifice are to Marcello, Giancana and Trafficante...primarily Marcello and New Orleans.  Waldron does not really pursue the Roselli/LA or Roselli/ Lansky connections - the LA connections may have been far more important to Dallas given the contacts from LA to Ruby immediately before and after the assassination.

And for what its worth Roselli had no OSS connection, his WWII service was basic and limited as was his military training.  His connection to the CIA was first two the Castro poison plots and then to Harvey and the second phase of assassination attempts.

https://www.amazon.com/All-American-Mafioso-Johnny-Rosseli-ebook/dp/B00LSWEDJ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531168282&sr=1-1&keywords=rappleye+and+becker