The Education Forum

42nd anniversary and where are we?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, I would certainly agree with you that the Paines would be the first people I wwould like to question!

Also, possibly, Nosenko would rank rather high as well.

I don't think anything would come from talking to either Nosenko or Ruth Paine. Michael Paine has a bit of "splaining" to do, however.

It terms of where do we go from here, although I have expressed doubt about Wheaton's story that Carl Jenkins confessed to Wheaton (apparently while Wheaton was his house guest) that he trained some BOP verterans to kill Kennedy (if Jenkins, a long-time CIA spook, was stupid enough to confess this to a houseguest he can probanly beat the rap on an insanity plea), Wheaton's story could be the key to initiating a grand jury action wherein Jenkins and Quintero could be required to testify under oath. If they are guilty and attempt to take the fifth amendment, one could be granted immunity and forced to testify. If he refused to testify, he could be jailed for his refusal. If say, Quintero under grant of immunity testified to Jenkins' involvement, Jenkins could be tried and, if convicted, fried.

A caveat: I have no reason to believe either Jenkins or Quintero are guilty and as I stated I have serious doubts about Wheaton's story.

Nevertheless, if I am convinced there is enough merit to Wheaton's story that it should be seriously investigated, I will be glad to work with people re how to get a grand jury and investigation going.

[quote name='Tim Gratz' date='Dec 11 2005, 03:01 PM' post='48383']

A caveat: I have no reason to believe either Jenkins or Quintero are guilty and as I stated I have serious doubts about Wheaton's story.

Nevertheless, if I am convinced there is enough merit to Wheaton's story that it should be seriously investigated, I will be glad to work with people re how to get a grand jury and investigation going.

Tim: Why do you have serious doubts about Wheaton's story? Because it does not fit your Castro theory? Because the truth hits too hard to home, if this is the truth?

Normally I don't take confessions in this case very seriously, but this one is certainly coming from the area of very high suspicion, so it must be serously considered, imo.

Dawn

Dawn wrote:

Tim: Why do you have serious doubts about Wheaton's story? Because it does not fit your Castro theory? Because the truth hits too hard to home, if this is the truth?

Dawn, glad you asked the question. No idea however what you mean about "the truth hits too hard to hone", however.

First, Wheaton's story has Jenkins and several Cubans confessing to him their involvement in the JFK asssassination. Must of been like a big confessional. According to Wheaton, Jenkins was fairly high-up the food chain. Why on God's green earth would this guy confess to Wheaton? Let us assume you and I are friends. Do you think I'm going to confess to you that ten years earlier I murdered a man and got away with it? Even if you were my very best friend and I was sure you would not "rat on me", don't you think it reasonable that I would be concerned that the revelation that I was a murderer might strain our friendship?

As you know, intelligence operations are run on a very tight, compartmentalized "need to know" basis. Intelligence operatives are trained, of course, to keep their mouths shut after the operation is over. Now I could see that one of the Cuban shooters might have talked too much (over drinks perhaps) but not as trained and experienced a CIA officer as Jenkins.

Second, as has been pointed out, "Ultimate Sacrifice" indicates that Jenkins was high up the command chain for AMWORLD. Also according to "Ultimate Sacrifice" the AMWORLD operation was going to occur in early December (I think the book even sets Dec 1 as "C-Day"). If Jenkins was dedicated to regime change in Cuba, and he knew the Kennedy Administration was ready to topple Castro on December 1, does it make any sense at all that he would participate in a plot to kill Kennedy (unless he was secretly allied with Castro and I highly doubt that). The assassination of the President would obviously delay the execution of AMWORLD if not cause its abandonment (as it did).

If "Ultimate Sacrifice" is true, then I suspect Wheaton is a xxxx. Remember, when he told the AARB about Jenkins, he was not aware of AMWORLD. I don't think anyone has raised this point but I think it a good one: why would Jenkins disclose to Wheaton the plot to kill Kennedy but not tell Wheaton about AMWORLD, a story almost as exclusive?

AMWORLD exposes Wheaton's lie, IMO.

Third, if I recall right, Jenkins objected to some of the financial shenanigans in Iran/Contra. If I am recalling this correctly, he hardly seems the type to participate in a plot to kill the President.

Fourth, why would Wheaton delay exposing Jenkins for so long? Then, when it became apparent to Wheaton that AARB was not going to do anything with his story, why would Wheaton not take it to other authorities?

All that being said, I reiterate my earlier point that Wheaton's story, regardless of how implausible it may seem, ought to be investigated--not just written about on the Forum and in books. And that his story might well be a sufficient opening to launch a new grand jury investigation. (If Wheaton under oath denies his story I think he should be hung out too dry for leading good people down a proverbial primrose path.)

Edited by Tim Gratz