The Education Forum

JFK's Foreign Policy: The Reason for his Assassination?

John Simkin

And rest asured, any "serious study" would ultimately reveal that there was only a single "Lone Assassin".

Of course, I, as well as no doubt many more, thoroughly enjoy sitting back and observing those of you with all of this "education" in covert opns, chase your own tale.

Then why do you waste time here in this debate? Why not just go over to McAdams who agrees with your

silly view of the lone assassin.

I'd like to know how you think the magic bullet theory was accomplished. Perhaps you can write darlin arlin and he can fill you in on his legal insights.

Otherwise, you're so full of xxxx Purvis you can't be taken the least bit seriously.

Dawn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAR!

[Good-gawd, Y'all]

WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

Evidently, waging war is the only method for waging peace, if I understand the arguments being put forth on this thread. The only way to ensure that our officers can keep their troops alive is to take troops to a combat zone and kill a few of 'em, if I follow the Orwellian logic, i.e., "war is peace." And despite all the combat exercises we've spent billions of dollars on, it's all money down a rathole compared with having actual American sons and daughters sent home in a flag-draped box.

Do I understand you correctly?

So...what's the rate of return on every life lost? One good lieutenant made? Two lives for a set of Captain's bars? How many for a "full-bird" Colonel? Maybe I'm too close to things, having my 25-year-old only son in the Army Reserve and living just a few miles as the crow flies from Ft. Knox. I never realized that all those millions and millions of dollars we've spent training troops at Knox is ultimately worthless, that only TRUE combat can prepare our officers. If that's really the case, then as a taxpayer I'VE BEEN SCREWED, AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Or did I misunderstand you?

Mark, there are worrying aspects to what Tom is saying. I tend to agree with his analysis here. However as you indicate it has a dark side too.

My take:

In a coldly clinical sense, property and people damage (as much as possible) is very beneficial to a beleagured market economy. In a number of fell swoops, demands are created, over supply of labour and goods are eradicated. Space is made for new technologies.

If we lived in a purely sane world we'd all be driving a updated version of the beetle or trabi, with parts inerchangeable with the models of 30 years ago, running on clean fuels. There are many other examples of development that take wrong turns driven not by what is good but by what has potential of selling in a continually reinvented marketplace. And if that market space is contracting? Make more.

Another aspect to the professional army is the greater potential to recreate tienanmin square.

The Chinese government response to the demonstrations in tienanmin square partly took time in that they had to, in drawing from a 'peoples army', make sure that the ties between demonstrators and soldier were as less as possible. The less the tie, the more likely to shoot on order.

Further; the converse of the professional army is an unexperienced populace.

The creation or drift towards a purely professional army is on sign that the future may be bleak for the already beleaguered population in th US, let alone the people of Iraq.

(I'm reminded of the consequences of 'a few good men' guarding 'the truth'.)

WAR!

[Good-gawd, Y'all]

WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

Evidently, waging war is the only method for waging peace, if I understand the arguments being put forth on this thread. The only way to ensure that our officers can keep their troops alive is to take troops to a combat zone and kill a few of 'em, if I follow the Orwellian logic, i.e., "war is peace." And despite all the combat exercises we've spent billions of dollars on, it's all money down a rathole compared with having actual American sons and daughters sent home in a flag-draped box.

So...what's the rate of return on every life lost? One good lieutenant made? Two lives for a set of Captain's bars? How many for a "full-bird" Colonel? Maybe I'm too close to things, having my 25-year-old only son in the Army Reserve and living just a few miles as the crow flies from Ft. Knox. I never realized that all those millions and millions of dollars we've spent training troops at Knox is ultimately worthless, that only TRUE combat can prepare our officers. If that's really the case, then as a taxpayer I'VE BEEN SCREWED, AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

________________________________________________________________________________

________

In Vietnam, virtually 50% of casualties & injured were not done so by enemy forces.

As Example, I personally was:

1. Shot at by our own helicopter gunships. (I shot back)

2. Received mortar rounds from our own forces. (I attempted to call in arty fire on them)

3. Shot up by .50 cal maching guns from convoys on the road. (we all ducked)

4. On the receiving end of our own artillery. (hide in hole dug in ground)

5. Blown out of my hammock one night by the explosive force of a 1,000 lb bomb from a B-52 "arc-light" strike dropped on us. (too rum-dum for anything)

(The worst thing that the NVA ever threw at me was small arms fire, a few mortar rounds, and an occassional B-40 rocket)

Although against army regulations to do so, I kept a dairy. At one time, early in the experience, we had 6-dead and 6-wounded as a result of enemy contact.

At the exact same time, we also had 6-dead and 6-wounded as a result of shooting and blowing each other away.

Then here is the case of those in rear base camps who would get too much to drink, get into arguments/fights, and thereafter go to their barracks and get into gunfights with each other inside the base compound.

Want to hear about the two companies from the 101st Abn Division that stayed in a firefight with each other for over 30 minutes and only found out about it when each companies Forward Observer was attempting to call in arty fire on the other, and the Arty came to realize that something was wrong?

COMMAND & CONTROL was a complete joke in Vietnam.

COMMAND & CONTROL can not be completely learned in "staged" training exercises.

COMMAND & CONTROL in a singular occupation force is difficult enough.

COMMAND & CONTROL in a multi-national force is a nightmare.

Add to this the fact that, for all practical purposes, few of our forces have had any actual experience in what is classified as "Urban Guerilla Warfare" which is for the most part what they are up against in Iraq.

And one can also rest assured, that although it is not Vietnam, there are still some "educated idiots" leading some of these young men into battle, as well as those who feel that they must make their next "promotion" off of proving that something can be done at the expense of the lifes of good young men.

It is however considerably less prevelant now than it was in the 1960's.

As they were known to say in my day: "Well, it may not be much of a war, but it's the only one we've got".

We can "train" all that we want to in simulated situations, however, these situations can never replicate the actual events and coordination efforts which must be achieved when the reality situation is encountered.

And although I regret the death of any of these young men and women, and one from my home town NG unit has died there, not unlike the people of Iraq, the next several generations of americans will be the ones who reap the benefit of the peace that having a well trained and EXPERIENCED fighting force will bring.

And rest asured, any "serious study" would ultimately reveal that there was only a single "Lone Assassin".

Of course, I, as well as no doubt many more, thoroughly enjoy sitting back and observing those of you with all of this "education" in covert opns, chase your own tale.

Then why do you waste time here in this debate? Why not just go over to McAdams who agrees with your

silly view of the lone assassin.

I'd like to know how you think the magic bullet theory was accomplished. Perhaps you can write darlin arlin and he can fill you in on his legal insights.

Otherwise, you're so full of xxxx Purvis you can't be taken the least bit seriously.

Dawn

1. It is hardly a "waste of time" if only ONE person on this forum begins to grasp some of the concept which is presented.

2. It is much better to have a "silly" view and know a little about how such events are accomplished, than to have a completely assinine view (multiple assassins, etc) and know nothing about how such events are accomplished.

3. The "Magic Bullt Theory" was first written down by a Dallas Policeman on 11/23/63, who in interview with JBC, wrote his report in which he accredited all wounds to JBC to a single bullet.

Therefore, in reality, it could be stated that this is what initially "built" the piece of junk/Magic Bullet Theory.

Just that it took "Super Salesman" Specter to sale the junk.

4. Since I long ago passed the age in which I even take myself that serious, I would leave it up to those who possess the capability for independent thought processing* to determine the merit or lack thereof of anything stated. (*obviously eliminates you from this grouping)

Lastly, might I again recommend that anyone who even hopes to make progress in unraveling this very, very small "enigma".

to stick with the forensic; ballistic; pathological; and physical facts FIRST!

The "diversions" on the who & how, by far now exceed in number, the false scent trails which were left by LHO.

WAR!

[Good-gawd, Y'all]

WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

Mark, there are worrying aspects to what Tom is saying. I tend to agree with his analysis here. However as you indicate it has a dark side too.

My take:

In a coldly clinical sense, property and people damage (as much as possible) is very beneficial to a beleagured market economy. In a number of fell swoops, demands are created, over supply of labour and goods are eradicated. Space is made for new technologies.

If we lived in a purely sane world we'd all be driving a updated version of the beetle or trabi, with parts inerchangeable with the models of 30 years ago, running on clean fuels. There are many other examples of development that take wrong turns driven not by what is good but by what has potential of selling in a continually reinvented marketplace. And if that market space is contracting? Make more.

Another aspect to the professional army is the greater potential to recreate tienanmin square.

The Chinese government response to the demonstrations in tienanmin square partly took time in that they had to, in drawing from a 'peoples army', make sure that the ties between demonstrators and soldier were as less as possible. The less the tie, the more likely to shoot on order.

Further; the converse of the professional army is an unexperienced populace.

The creation or drift towards a purely professional army is on sign that the future may be bleak for the already beleaguered population in th US, let alone the people of Iraq.

(I'm reminded of the consequences of 'a few good men' guarding 'the truth'.)

------------------------------

However strange it might seem to those who have never served, whether by age, infirmity, or by design: as seems to be the case with "Chains" Cheney and most of the White House lackeys -- the business of the military is not "going on parade"!! It is their business to commit frequent homicides and "break things".

We Marines and ex-SFers are now facing the stark reality that: "this job is never finished" !! Moreover, we have to suffer the mixed fear and pride, when it is that: NOW our sons and daughters, members of extended family and close friends, are having to "ship out/deploy" to hostile environments -- where they must kill and face death on a daily basis.

We Marines are very fortunate in that: From the first moment after "debarking/un-assing" from those chartered buses inside the Recruit Depots -- we were faced with a small, but very fierce cadre of NCOs, who immediately dedicated themselves to destroying ALL remnants of any previous "silly-villian" attitudes and behaviors. You quickly learned that ALL of that which you have previously experienced -- had by your "Mommy" been taught, was as worthless as dog xxxx !!

One of the first "allegories" phrased by these seemingly evil Drill Instructors is: "....The only thing lower and more worthless than a civilian is a Navy cook..!!"

Oftentimes the realization that this complete destruction of your civilian psyche, followed by the rebuilding of boys and girls into male and female "killing machines" is life-saving -- only comes upon one's first "taste" of combat.

What a shock it is -- even despite ALL of the hard training, suffering of privations, and extreme hazards, whilst with a short distance their are fat boys and girls scoffing up their "Big Macs", "Super-sized" fries and shakes/sodas. And what are the near and distant plans being discussed during these "Miss Piggy Chow- Downs" -- critical matters; such as do they first get laid, or smoke a joint -- Nawhh! Let's order more food before we decide.

NOW !! All of a sudden, some dude or bitch is shooting at you -- and I mean like they actually want to cause you great and grievious harm !! Don't they realize what a nice person you are ??!! How can it be that this total stranger, who you have never even thought ill of -- now intends to do you some serious hurt ??!!

Don't ever expect that one's son or daughter is going to return from a combat deployment acting like that sweet young person who shortly before -- left home and hearth. They won't talk about the recent past, save for some humorous incidents; and they sure as hell won't gravitate towards anything which smacks of silly civilian bullxxxx ideals or attitudes. Some may give it a short try, but only until they once again congregate with fellow veterans of these horrors, will they even think about discussing vague events. Absent those contacts, they will tend to withdraw unto themselves !!

Many who have watched the movie "A Few Good Men" failed to realize that "Code Reds" are usually left behind at Boot Camp. Elite units never "dry shave & shower" or "Code Red" a member, but instead immediately "blackball" him/her -- and they are soon gone to a different M.O.S. in a distant unit.

Why is that, you say ?! First, because any repeated "failure-to-perform", disqualifies said individual almost without other recourse. Second, and most important -- try that on a veteran Marine, one who is long gone [months, NOT years] from the old boot camp days -- they would KILL immediately [if not sooner] any asshole who ever laid a hand upon their person outside of a training cycle !! While oftentimes we carried unloaded weapons, we ALWAYS carried a bayonet and a "K-Bar" [uSMC issued fighting/utility knife] -- which is a small "Bowie" type, bladed instrument of death -- and a much preferred instrument to boot !!

The only "crime" exhibited throughout said "Hollywood" [bull xxxx] spectacular was -- Once again, THE COVER-UP !!

Moreover, the J.A.G. Manual provides that whenever a "Field Grade" officer is to be called on "Direct" or "Cross" -- a "standby" counsel will be appointed to question said Colonel, and the questioner will be of at least equivalent rank, or one lower grade only !! NOT some snot-nosed Tom Cruise USN Lt. or Lt. Jg. !!

However, the Jack Nicholson character did display, and expound upon -- the accepted and encouraged modicum of attitude/behavior expected of all members of the Combat Arms !! Like it or Lump it -- or better yet; sign up with an NGO and get your punk asses over to the "Sand Box" before overloading your "Canary Asses with your Alligator Moufies" !!

CHAIRS,

GPH

Gerry::

However strange it might seem to those who have never served, whether by age, infirmity, or by design: as seems to be the case with "Chains" Cheney and most of the White House lackeys -- the business of the military is not "going on parade"!! It is their business to commit frequent homicides and "break things".

We Marines and ex-SFers are now facing the stark reality that: "this job is never finished" !! Moreover, we have to suffer the mixed fear and pride, when it is that: NOW our sons and daughters, members of extended family and close friends, are having to "ship out/deploy" to hostile environments -- where they must kill and face death on a daily basis.

We Marines are very fortunate in that: From the first moment after "debarking/un-assing" from those chartered buses inside the Recruit Depots -- we were faced with a small, but very fierce cadre of NCOs, who immediately dedicated themselves to destroying ALL remnants of any previous "silly-villian" attitudes and behaviors. You quickly learned that ALL of that which you have previously experienced -- had by your "Mommy" been taught, was as worthless as dog xxxx !!

One of the first "allegories" phrased by these seemingly evil Drill Instructors is: "....The only thing lower and more worthless than a civilian is a Navy cook..!!"

Oftentimes the realization that this complete destruction of your civilian psyche, followed by the rebuilding of boys and girls into male and female "killing machines" is life-saving -- only comes upon one's first "taste" of combat.

What a shock it is -- even despite ALL of the hard training, suffering of privations, and extreme hazards, whilst with a short distance their are fat boys and girls scoffing up their "Big Macs", "Super-sized" fries and shakes/sodas. And what are the near and distant plans being discussed during these "Miss Piggy Chow- Downs" -- critical matters; such as do they first get laid, or smoke a joint -- Nawhh! Let's order more food before we decide.

NOW !! All of a sudden, some dude or bitch is shooting at you -- and I mean like they actually want to cause you great and grievious harm !! Don't they realize what a nice person you are ??!! How can it be that this total stranger, who you have never even thought ill of -- now intends to do you some serious hurt ??!!

Don't ever expect that one's son or daughter is going to return from a combat deployment acting like that sweet young person who shortly before -- left home and hearth. They won't talk about the recent past, save for some humorous incidents; and they sure as hell won't gravitate towards anything which smacks of silly civilian bullxxxx ideals or attitudes. Some may give it a short try, but only until they once again congregate with fellow veterans of these horrors, will they even think about discussing vague events. Absent those contacts, they will tend to withdraw unto themselves !!

Many who have watched the movie "A Few Good Men" failed to realize that "Code Reds" are usually left behind at Boot Camp. Elite units never "dry shave & shower" or "Code Red" a member, but instead immediately "blackball" him/her -- and they are soon gone to a different M.O.S. in a distant unit.

Why is that, you say ?! First, because any repeated "failure-to-perform", disqualifies said individual almost without other recourse. Second, and most important -- try that on a veteran Marine, one who is long gone [months, NOT years] from the old boot camp days -- they would KILL immediately [if not sooner] any asshole who ever laid a hand upon their person outside of a training cycle !! While oftentimes we carried unloaded weapons, we ALWAYS carried a bayonet and a "K-Bar" [uSMC issued fighting/utility knife] -- which is a small "Bowie" type, bladed instrument of death -- and a much preferred instrument to boot !!

The only "crime" exhibited throughout said "Hollywood" [bull xxxx] spectacular was -- Once again, THE COVER-UP !!

Moreover, the J.A.G. Manual provides that whenever a "Field Grade" officer is to be called on "Direct" or "Cross" -- a "standby" counsel will be appointed to question said Colonel, and the questioner will be of at least equivalent rank, or one lower grade only !! NOT some snot-nosed Tom Cruise USN Lt. or Lt. Jg. !!

However, the Jack Nicholson character did display, and expound upon -- the accepted and encouraged modicum of attitude/behavior expected of all members of the Combat Arms !! Like it or Lump it -- or better yet; sign up with an NGO and get your punk asses over to the "Sand Box" before overloading your "Canary Asses with your Alligator Moufies" !!

CHAIRS,

GPH

Gerry, I think I get your point here. I'd certainly would have to defer to people like yourself and Tom on these matters. My personal pacifict inclinations that include such things as a total rejection of death penalty, and an acceptance of concepts of redemption and forgiveness, and other matters, combined with growing up in Sweden contributes to my overall neutral defense orientation re. armed conflict.

My reference to the 'few good men' was in relation to separation of the professional soldier (perhaps better referred to in htis context as the experienced soldier, and the general population.

My understanding from what you and Tom is saying is that this separation is a natural product of the experience of becoming a soldier. I guess I'm urging that this separation is not reinforced organisationally, officially, but provided with opportunity to break down, so that avenues always are available for cross 'cultural' exchange. Naturally, some would be unwilling to participate, but that's their choice. However, the choice to participate should be encouraged. The 'you can't handle the truth' mentality of the character in the movie, seems to indicate a separation that if a product of policy, would serve to limit access by the general citizenry to the military IF the situation ever arose whereby the military was about to be used against the citizenry in such a situation as tienanmin square.

I wonder to what extent such would have been a factor in Kent state for example. Were the nat. guard there selected from out of state? Or were they the 'neighbours' of the shot students?

Gerry::

CHAIRS,

GPH

Gerry, I think I get your point here. I'd certainly would have to defer to people like yourself and Tom on these matters. My personal pacifict inclinations that include such things as a total rejection of death penalty, and an acceptance of concepts of redemption and forgiveness, and other matters, combined with growing up in Sweden contributes to my overall neutral defense orientation re. armed conflict.

My reference to the 'few good men' was in relation to separation of the professional soldier (perhaps better referred to in htis context as the experienced soldier, and the general population.

My understanding from what you and Tom is saying is that this separation is a natural product of the experience of becoming a soldier. I guess I'm urging that this separation is not reinforced organisationally, officially, but provided with opportunity to break down, so that avenues always are available for cross 'cultural' exchange. Naturally, some would be unwilling to participate, but that's their choice. However, the choice to participate should be encouraged. The 'you can't handle the truth' mentality of the character in the movie, seems to indicate a separation that if a product of policy, would serve to limit access by the general citizenry to the military IF the situation ever arose whereby the military was about to be used against the citizenry in such a situation as tienanmin square.

I wonder to what extent such would have been a factor in Kent state for example. Were the nat. guard there selected from out of state? Or were they the 'neighbours' of the shot students?

----------------------------

John:

I took a stand against the death penalty during the 1980s, wherein I challenged both Appellate Courts and the Supreme Court of Florida, and those of several other States. I was greatly pleased by Governor Ryan's [Ohio] "moratorium" and commutation of death sentences to life !! Especially where it caused a dramatic readjustment in the whole criminal justice system -- and that was couple with Barry Sheck's DNA work [w/ students assisting] !!

My first serious "Lifer" case involved a young man who had barely avoided "Q" Wing [Death-Row] at Florida State prison, Starke, Florida. It took about a month before he would even discuss his case, despite the fact that we both worked side-by-side 7 days a week. 3 months later, after doing battle with a team of high-priced shysters -- I got him paroled, and moreover -- out of the state to his folks in Georgia !!

My last case was the alleged serial killer: "Crazy Joe" Graviano -- and only after his convict brother pleaded with me for months to take the case. Got him off of "Q" Wing, but he remains "inside" due to a separate rape conviction -- which I refused to handle.

I have brothers, cousins, nephews, etc. who are long time attorneys. Every one of them states the same refrain: That the whole "criminal in-justice system" sucks !!

Can you even begin to imagine how a person feels, when he is wrongfully convicted of a serious crime ??!!

I found that after the first two years, these "innocents" [as opposed to"Not Guilties"] try to dredge up false feelings of some kind of guilt -- which they feel is the only way to survive over the many years which lay ahead !!

The "infamous" myth that everybody in prison claims "innocence" is total bullxxxx. You utter anything sounding like that, and you will shortly find youself under the "protection" of a "War-Daddy" !! The most "infamous" at "The Rock" [u.C.I., Raiford, FL] was a large 400+ pound dude who physically insisted that everybody call him "Mama Hurt" !! The old joke is that a "Rocky" will have you in silk panties the 2nd night on the cell-block !!

I handled several of the only "TRUE" miscarriages of justice !!

# 1. Is where absolutely NO crime has even been committed, yet the accused is ultimately sentenced to the harshest of punishments. Very sad cases.

# 2. Is where by perjury and/or misidentification -- the wrong man is convicted for a crime that really occured. More than once, the not so innocent [but not guilty as charged] convict. Oftentimes he eventually runs into the actual perpetrator -- and the dude is amused at the whole affair !! However, and very soon, the real perp "checks-in" [to protective custody] -- in order to save his very life !!

# 3. Is where, in a rare instance, a family member "takes-the-fall" for someone he knows cannot survive the rigors of the chain-gang -- and will ultimately committ suicide. So he is spared by a -- not so noble deed; because the guy taking the fall, usually has gotten away with a bunch of "jobs" -- and prison time is a vacation for him !!

WELL !! enough of that yadda-yadda. I don't need to pop a Valium at this time of night !!

"PACIFISTS" !! In over 50 years in the business -- I have yet to hear a genuine spec/war "Operator" bad-mouth -- either a straight-out pacifist, or a concientious objector. And why is that ? Because of our "selection process". We start out as triple-volunteers before even being considered for "training" in that field !! We DON'T want anybody around us who doesn't volunteer to be there !!

One of my now deceased brothers-in-law was a "C.O." during WWII. So they made him a Medic. During the New Guinea Campaign -- he was wounded twice during the first week of the "Buna Mission" operation.

After that [without more than 2 days of hospitalization] he was cited for bravery 7 more times. He discovered quickly that the Japs used the "Red Cross" on his helmet [and brassard on his arm] as center-aim targets. The Japs knew well that: Wounding a man, required the taking out of at least 2 or 3 combatants, who then had to serve as stretcher-bearers

Killing the Medic caused even more shooters to "sling" their rifles and go to the aid of the untreated wounded !!

My brother-in-law was forced to kill some Japs [never would say how many] because they ran up to bayonet his wounded patients -- so he grabbed one of the woundeds' rifles, and shot the xxxx out of them.

Only after two more similar incidents, did he start to carry a .45 cal. Colt automatic pistol [under his shirt, not holstered in view]. He ended the War with about half the medals awarded to Audie Murphy. Had he served in the European Theater [E.T.O.] where the occupied countries freely gave out medals -- he would indeed have been awarded more than Murphy !! [A 3rd of Audie's awards were foreign]

Just before the famous War Correspondent Ernie Pyle was killed on Iei Shima [1945] -- he visited my brother-in-law's Batallion Headquarters -- to do some of his famous one-on-one & group interviews. Company after company, platoon after platoon -- directed him to interview: "The Only Real Hero" of the outfit !!

My late brother-in-law -- the "C.O.'!!

As for Kent State. The coward-ass killers in that Nat'l Guard unit were all draft-dodgers -- who had joined the "Guard" to avoid being sent to the 'nam !! They were scared xxxxless, panicked, ran -- then trapped by a fence-line -- turned like chickenxxxx cowards and fired !!

The famous picture of the young girl anguishing over the dead body of a Kent State student ?? Her name is Vecchio -- and she lived about 4 blocks from my house in Opa-Locka, Florida. Sadly, and without a doubt suffering from P.T.S.D. -- she turned to prostitution and was busted on several occasions. I firmly believe that the State of Ohio owes her big buck$ for therapy and a lost lifetime !!

'Nuff said -- I am about to throw a "Hissy" !!

CHAIRS,

Gerry