The Education Forum

ODIO

Harry J.Dean

Odio was shown photos of Hall and Howard and she denied they were Angel and Leopoldo.

Would you believe Hall's statement{s} to the FBI, and 'later' Howards statement to me

that they were at 'Bonita' Silvia Odio's residence. Hall of course naturally recanted his

original Bureau statement........It was 'one' of their stops to raise badly needed funds

to continue, at Gabaldon's instruction to Mexico City area. Howard made several other

trips to see Gabaldon in Mexico.

Harry

Guest Stephen Turner

The wheels had fallen off Hall's statement within days of him making it,Howard, and seymour recanted first when they told the FBI that nothing of the sort had occured. When faced this Hall recanted on his story as well. And Tim's right, Odio could not identify them as the same men who had visited her. This lie was nailed 40 odd years ago.

The wheels had fallen off Hall's statement within days of him making it,Howard, and seymour recanted first when they told the FBI that nothing of the sort had occured. When faced this Hall recanted on his story as well. And Tim's right, Odio could not identify them as the same men who had visited her. This lie was nailed 40 odd years ago.

Hi, Stephen

Hall was hated by the others as they, Howard especially, blamed Hall for one or more busts

by the feds just as these actions were ready to move. They new Hall was a blabber mouth

that bragged to openly, and were as Howard stated, he/they were not going to be involved

or connected with any confessions Hall made to the feds! I also knew Hall to be a braggert

and excitable person, a convincing talker, and recommended him to Guy Gabaldon to be

his political manager during a run for U.S. Congress. When the feds arrive on the scene

'everyone' involved protect themselves with carefully guarded stories. Everyone.

Harry

Odio was shown photos of Hall and Howard and she denied they were Angel and Leopoldo.

Would you believe Hall's statement{s} to the FBI, and 'later' Howards statement to me

that they were at 'Bonita' Silvia Odio's residence. Hall of course naturally recanted his

original Bureau statement........It was 'one' of their stops to raise badly needed funds

to continue, at Gabaldon's instruction to Mexico City area. Howard made several other

Harry

---------------------------

My brother, who like me, "regretfully announces" that WE have grown extremely tired of this "self-admitted" FBI "snitch" [of the "Tooshie" category no less] who falsely claims that he was once allied with, but later, "defected from" some unknown Chicago ?? based Castro "26th of July Movement" exile entity. Over 40 years ago, one Constatine "Gus" Kangles, one-time lawyer for Fidel Castro -- and a long time close family friend of the Kennedy clan -- told me [and separately Robert K. Brown -- now of SOF/Mag] that ALL elements of the "M-26-Julio" miniscule entity in Chicago were: Batistianos paid by the FBI to serve as "false flag" sting operating "honey-pots" and agent procacateurs.

"Gus" Kangles was warned by Fidel's people about this, and the then 1st Lt. R. K. Brown, CIC Special Agent [Chicago Unit] re-confirmed same after returning from Cuba during 1959 -- and after having been informed , subsequent to his inquiring of Fidel's folks in Habana -- about whether he should do a story on Fidel's "Chi-Town-Troops" !!

The Habana response was: "...Absolutely NOT...all of those false rebels ["Rebeldes Falsos"] were in fact Batistianos....and spying for the FBI...no less.."!! Now we hear that one Harry Dean continued to work with said "M-26-Julio" operators?? "...after Fidel went Communist??.."!! I do recall that it is historical fact that Fidel went Communist just after the January 1961 breaking off of relations with the U.S. [then reported as a reaction to orders that the AM/Embassy-Habana reduce its staff to just 8 officers]!!

Well, Senor Dean, NARA backs up RKB's [and others] statements that the Chicago ["False-Flag"] entity shut down and died after February 1959 ??!! So exactly WHO were you snitching upon until at least 1961 ??!!

[Moreover, filmographer Bob Taber didn't create the "Fair Play For Cuba Committee" until after the B.O.P. fiasco !! [1961]

As for Larry Howard, he lived exactly 14 blocks from my apartment in El Monte, California. And moreover, be it Harold Weisberg, or the many other Garrison wannabe snitches and agent provacateurs who knocked at his door -- he told them to call back later. In the interim, he would come by [or call me] seeking advice and the bona fides of said inquisitors !! [Your name is NOT on that list !!]

Where you have severely screwed up with your fabrications is that:

[1] Larry Howard's first association with a later CIA operatvie occurred during the Korean War, where he, after being wounded in the ankle by ChiCom mortar fragments, ended up in the same M.A.S.H. Unit as a fellow Infrantryman [though from a different unit] -- who had also been wounded in that same battle. When they both were tranferred to a medical recovery unit at Camp Drake, Japan -- he grew brotherly close to this fellow wounded Staff Sergeant. This was S/Sgt. David Sanchez Morales, later of JM/WAVE !!

Why didn't I tell Gaeton Fonzi and Joe Gonzales about this ?? Because, they NEVER once mentioned Dave's name, and moreover, I repeatedly told them ab initio that this HSCA bullxxxx was going to just another deepening of the WC cover-up.

Even when "WWII War/Movie Hero" Guy Gabaldon and Larry were "photo-oping" around Long Beach Airport [post-BOP] Larry was working under the orders of the IRS's "Alcohol & Tabacco Tax Unit" [A.T.T.U.]!! Later on, and post No Name key, he became a full-time S.S.C.I. for the B.A.T.F., and under the supervision of the then asst/cover[L.A. Bureau F.O.] SpecialAgent Paul Hughes.

Larry Howard would "sometimes invite" Gabaldon along on one of his annual "Grizzly Bear Hunts" in Mexico's Sierra Madre Mountains. After marrying into ex-prez of mexico Aleman's family, Gabaldon preferred the less stressful life of a "landed gentleman", not a revolutionary, and certainly NOT a bear hunter !!

I sent Larry down with my brother to Central America during our PAID investigation of the "death-squad" kidnappers and killers. [1975]

I employed Larry as a bodyguard in Puerto Rico [1980] whilst I investigated and "neutralized" [i thought] the perps of an assassination of a "Fortune-500" corporate executive.

Perhaps you might give out with larry's wife name. The only time she got upset with me was when I expressed a preference for Hormel's "X-cellente Tamales" [boiled in watere "only" 30 minutes] over her hard cooked Mexican dinner one of many evenings. [How the hell did I know she had already cooked it ??!!]

EVERY CONTACT by Larry was dutifully logged. These records are currently a part of the B.A.T.F. files. Your name, or "alias?" [especially an FBI snitch whom they had no Chicago record of] does NOT appear ??!!

[Or are we to believe that "secret agent man" Dean's files are still "classified"?? You know, like the "classified records & secret mission" of the far too many phony Navy SEALS; festooned with medals -- as they "bar-hop" and regal the girls & boys with war stories??!!]

Bob Brown called me last night, and I directed his attention to THIS Forum !! However, I may not contact Larry's beloved, as she is in ill health, and has no need for yet another inquiry reference ONE more bullxxxx artist wannabe !!

Go "Fess" up somewhere else !! I think that Wim might welcome you ??!!

CHAIRS,

GPH

Harry

My brother, who like me, "regretfully announces" that WE have grown extremely tired of this "self-admitted" FBI "snitch" [of the "Tooshie" category no less] who falsely claims that he was once allied with, but later, "defected from" some unknown Chicago ?? based Castro "26th of July Movement" exile entity. Over 40 years ago, one Constatine "Gus" Kangles, one-time lawyer for Fidel Castro -- and a long time close family friend of the Kennedy clan -- told me [and separately Robert K. Brown -- now of SOF/Mag] that ALL elements of the "M-26-Julio" miniscule entity in Chicago were: Batistianos paid by the FBI to serve as "false flag" sting operating "honey-pots" and agent procacateurs.

"Gus" Kangles was warned by Fidel's people about this, and the then 1st Lt. R. K. Brown, CIC Special Agent [Chicago Unit] re-confirmed same after returning from Cuba during 1959 -- and after having been informed , subsequent to his inquiring of Fidel's folks in Habana -- about whether he should do a story on Fidel's "Chi-Town-Troops" !!

The Habana response was: "...Absolutely NOT...all of those false rebels ["Rebeldes Falsos"] were in fact Batistianos....and spying for the FBI...no less.."!! Now we hear that one Harry Dean continued to work with said "M-26-Julio" operators?? "...after Fidel went Communist??.."!! I do recall that it is historical fact that Fidel went Communist just after the January 1961 breaking off of relations with the U.S. [then reported as a reaction to orders that the AM/Embassy-Habana reduce its staff to just 8 officers]!!

Well, Senor Dean, NARA backs up RKB's [and others] statements that the Chicago ["False-Flag"] entity shut down and died after February 1959 ??!! So exactly WHO were you snitching upon until at least 1961 ??!!

[Moreover, filmographer Bob Taber didn't create the "Fair Play For Cuba Committee" until after the B.O.P. fiasco !! [1961]

As for Larry Howard, he lived exactly 14 blocks from my apartment in El Monte, California. And moreover, be it Harold Weisberg, or the many other Garrison wannabe snitches and agent provacateurs who knocked at his door -- he told them to call back later. In the interim, he would come by [or call me] seeking advice and the bona fides of said inquisitors !! [Your name is NOT on that list !!]

[1] Larry Howard's first association with a later CIA operatvie occurred during the Korean War, where he, after being wounded in the ankle by ChiCom mortar fragments, ended up in the same M.A.S.H. Unit as a fellow Infrantryman [though from a different unit] -- who had also been wounded in that same battle. When they both were tranferred to a medical recovery unit at Camp Drake, Japan -- he grew brotherly close to this fellow wounded Staff Sergeant. This was S/Sgt. David Sanchez Morales, later of JM/WAVE !!

Why didn't I tell Gaeton Fonzi and Joe Gonzales about this ?? Because, they NEVER once mentioned Dave's name, and moreover, I repeatedly told them ab initio that this HSCA bullxxxx was going to just another deepening of the WC cover-up.

Even when "WWII War/Movie Hero" Guy Gabaldon and Larry were "photo-oping" around Long Beach Airport [post-BOP] Larry was working under the orders of the IRS's "Alcohol & Tabacco Tax Unit" [A.T.T.U.]!! Later on, and post No Name key, he became a full-time S.S.C.I. for the B.A.T.F., and under the supervision of the then asst/cover[L.A. Bureau F.O.] SpecialAgent Paul Hughes.

Larry Howard would "sometimes invite" Gabaldon along on one of his annual "Grizzly Bear Hunts" in Mexico's Sierra Madre Mountains. After marrying into ex-prez of mexico Aleman's family, Gabaldon preferred the less stressful life of a "landed gentleman", not a revolutionary, and certainly NOT a bear hunter !!

I sent Larry down with my brother to Central America during our PAID investigation of the "death-squad" kidnappers and killers. [1975]

I employed Larry as a bodyguard in Puerto Rico [1980] whilst I investigated and "neutralized" [i thought] the perps of an assassination of a "Fortune-500" corporate executive.

Perhaps you might give out with larry's wife name. The only time she got upset with me was when I expressed a preference for Hormel's "X-cellente Tamales" [boiled in watere "only" 30 minutes] over her hard cooked Mexican dinner one of many evenings. [How the hell did I know she had already cooked it ??!!]

EVERY CONTACT by Larry was dutifully logged. These records are currently a part of the B.A.T.F. files. Your name, or "alias?" [especially an FBI snitch whom they had no Chicago record of] does NOT appear ??!!

[Or are we to believe that "secret agent man" Dean's files are still "classified"?? You know, like the "classified records & secret mission" of the far too many phony Navy SEALS; festooned with medals -- as they "bar-hop" and regal the girls & boys with war stories??!!]

Bob Brown called me last night, and I directed his attention to THIS Forum !! However, I may not contact Larry's beloved, as she is in ill health, and has no need for yet another inquiry reference ONE more bullxxxx artist wannabe !!

CHAIRS,

GPH

I believe Fair Play for Cuba was actually founded in the first quarter of 1960. I have seen some but not all of NARA's holdings on Harry Dean and one thing strikes me. The ones I have seen all seem to be of the CYA variety--that is, they admit Harry was in regular contact with the FBI, but it was all initiated by Harry and they dumped him when they realized he was unreliable if not crazy, a picture of Harry as a wannabe spy. But they listened to him, and met with him, for a period of at least a year. So--where are those reports?

Harry

CHAIRS,

GPH

I believe Fair Play for Cuba was actually founded in the first quarter of 1960. I have seen some but not all of NARA's holdings on Harry Dean and one thing strikes me. The ones I have seen all seem to be of the CYA variety--that is, they admit Harry was in regular contact with the FBI, but it was all initiated by Harry and they dumped him when they realized he was unreliable if not crazy, a picture of Harry as a wannabe spy. But they listened to him, and met with him, for a period of at least a year. So--where are those reports?

---------------------------------

Hey !! Gary, Old Bean:

I haven't heard from you for quite a while -- didn't realize you have been "lurking" on this Forum ?!

It was earlier this year when this "wannabe famous" xxxxx Dean -- started to get me a bit pissed, eh wot old man ?! One of the first "dead-ass giveaways" [as to this clown's true hustle] was upon his mentioning that he has long mourned the fact that: he had "helped put Fidel in power"!! Hinting that this had been a youthful and gullible "fox-pox" [or is it Faux pas ?] on his part -- and we should forgive him as some misguided "revolutionary ??!!

Next, he scribbled a cryptic [and laughably short] "squibb" -- which mentioned "WILLIE" Morgan. This hinted that somewhere in "space" -- he had carried on a friendship with the late [executed by Fidel] Cmdte. William Alexander Morgan. "Willie" ?? Anybody who was with William Morgan, even for a short time, learned rather abruptly [and sometimes physically]; that this "American Guerrilla" didn't like the name "Willie" !!

Even when visited by his Toledo "Mob" buddies, Bob Nichols, et al. -- he barely tolerated them calling him "Bill". When Nichols asked me [while touring a Havana whorehouse] why "...Bill's"jaw got so tight when we call him Bill...?" I responded that: "...You've just hit the nailhead...around here he is "William"....to the bodyguards...to fellow rebel soldiers....especially with his wife...I guess he feels like he is starting all over, and with a new life, family, and a new persona..". "...What the hell is a persona..??!! "..Never mind Bob...just tell the guys not to call him Bill...call him William....and don't call him late for supper.."!

Now, let us be rid of this "stone in our shoes" and get on with more serious explorations.

You know how I hate to be the bearer of bad news -- you know; when so many folks have been "herded" down the primerose path for so many years.

The Cubans were correct when they blamed all of the spying and counter-revolutionary operations on the FBI, instead of the CIA. I had then assumed that they were ignorant even of the existence of "The Company" during those early days. As it turns out, Hoover did "have-it-his-way" when it came to spying in the Western Hemisphere. Everybody has read that Hoover was "hesitant" to surrender his WWII powers of ALL Intel operations in The Americas, especially with the advent of the CIA. Well folks, he did have it his way -- and where it came to "Intelligence/Counter-Intel" those were all former W/H FBI agents -- who were only temporarily loaned to the CIA.

The late 1950s Havana Chief of Station, Jim Noel -- once foolishly complained to both Ambassadors Gardner and Smith that: "his" CIA officers were cableing Hoover's folks even before they briefed him; or sent their "CIA" cables to the "T" Buidings on the Mall, or even to the "E" Street HQ in D.C. !! After the Langley HQ was opened during January 1962, Ted Shackley bitched about "all of these CIA officers really being FBI agents"!!

A team of those "dual-hatted spooks" inside the AM/Embassy-Havana hatched out an "agent-provocateur"/ "honey pot scheme". They received approval, first from Hoover [at his old DOJ Bldg. office] and later from "E" Street. The scheme centered on creating an entity -- one which might draw in and coallesce a menage of Castro supporting people, especially Americans and Western Hemisphere nationals.

One of the early 1960 "tools" was one CIA asset who was close to Fidel -- June Cobb [Fidel's "secretary"]

who reported to a CIA case officer named Elizabeth Vetter. [One day, while she was at Morgan's penthouse apartment [16th & Calzada, Vedado] -- William whispered to me: "...Fidel's secretary??...I have told all of the boys that she is "Fidel's SUCKretary..but I don't know how to translate that into Spanish...can you do that for me..?" -- Olgita [Mrs. Wm. A. Morgan] -- who had overheard that, and while understanding little English, she had a frown on her face -- and was shaking her head NO !!]

Robert "Bob" Taber had shown great courage during his trips up into the Sierra Maestra [1958] to interview and film Fidel and the "26th of July" rebel guerrillas. After Batista "bugged out" [Jan. 1st 1959] Bob Taber traveled back and forth between CONUS and Cuba. He organized "tours" by left-wing activists, both the wealthy and those of moderate means -- even some of the veterans of "The Abraham Lincoln Brigade", who had fought so valiantly during the Spanish Civil War -- showed up to a "red-carpet" treatment [pun intended].

The FBI/CIA decided to give both a financial, and a "networking" boost, to these initial excursions. Within months this morphed into a semi-formal organization -- and was loosely: "The Friends of Cuba Committee".

Fidel's cadre grew to appreciate this admiration and assistance from the true "American people".

During late 1959, the Havana/New York City nexus grew solid roots. This was being pushed by June Cobb, Juan Orta, Jesus Yanes Pelletier, et al. [Yanes Pelletier died, while still protesting against Fidel, as a dissident in Havana a few years ago, after a lengthy imprisonment]

By the time Anastas Mikoyan visited Cuba during early 1960, the NYC FBI/CIA and Havana folks had built a solid covert Counter/Intel "Honey Pot" operation.

Bob Taber was slyly guided into his leadership role in what was now spoken of informally as: "The Fair Play for Cuba Committee". Fidel's Intel agents at the U.N. warned him that he was under investigation for multiple federal felony violations of both the "Logan Act" and the "Foreign Agents Registration Act" [F.A.R.A.]. He immediately returned to Havana, where it was recommended that he "lie low" for a while.

From that point on, the FBI/CIA conducted/controlled ALL activities of the nascent F.P.F.C.C. -- both in CONUS and many other places throughout the Western Hemisphere.

Just before the Bay of Pigs, Bob Taber trained with Fidel's new militia forces. During "Playa Giron" he fought as a "foot-soldier" against the Brigade 2506 "mercenarios", and was later wounded and then hospitalized in the city of Cienfuegos [Las Villas]. Upon recovery, he once again began in earnest "HIS" re-shaping of this "Fair Play for Cuba Committee" !!

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, the American cameraman that filmed for Taber while with Fidel in the mountains [Lewellen] was on No Name Key with us -- and he repeatedly expressed his doubts as to his buddy Bob Taber -- really "going-over-to-the-other-side".

Maybe so, and maybe NOT ??!!

CHAIRS,

GPH

Harry

CHAIRS,

GPH

---------------------------------

Hey !! Gary, Old Bean:

I haven't heard from you for quite a while -- didn't realize you have been "lurking" on this Forum ?!

It was earlier this year when this "wannabe famous" xxxxx Dean -- started to get me a bit pissed, eh wot old man ?! One of the first "dead-ass giveaways" [as to this clown's true hustle] was upon his mentioning that he has long mourned the fact that: he had "helped put Fidel in power"!! Hinting that this had been a youthful and gullible "fox-pox" [or is it Faux pas ?] on his part -- and we should forgive him as some misguided "revolutionary ??!!

Next, he scribbled a cryptic [and laughably short] "squibb" -- which mentioned "WILLIE" Morgan. This hinted that somewhere in "space" -- he had carried on a friendship with the late [executed by Fidel] Cmdte. William Alexander Morgan. "Willie" ?? Anybody who was with William Morgan, even for a short time, learned rather abruptly [and sometimes physically]; that this "American Guerrilla" didn't like the name "Willie" !!

Even when visited by his Toledo "Mob" buddies, Bob Nichols, et al. -- he barely tolerated them calling him "Bill". When Nichols asked me [while touring a Havana whorehouse] why "...Bill's"jaw got so tight when we call him Bill...?" I responded that: "...You've just hit the nailhead...around here he is "William"....to the bodyguards...to fellow rebel soldiers....especially with his wife...I guess he feels like he is starting all over, and with a new life, family, and a new persona..". "...What the hell is a persona..??!! "..Never mind Bob...just tell the guys not to call him Bill...call him William....and don't call him late for supper.."!

Now, let us be rid of this "stone in our shoes" and get on with more serious explorations.

You know how I hate to be the bearer of bad news -- you know; when so many folks have been "herded" down the primerose path for so many years.

The Cubans were correct when they blamed all of the spying and counter-revolutionary operations on the FBI, instead of the CIA. I had then assumed that they were ignorant even of the existence of "The Company" during those early days. As it turns out, Hoover did "have-it-his-way" when it came to spying in the Western Hemisphere. Everybody has read that Hoover was "hesitant" to surrender his WWII powers of ALL Intel operations in The Americas, especially with the advent of the CIA. Well folks, he did have it his way -- and where it came to "Intelligence/Counter-Intel" those were all former W/H FBI agents -- who were only temporarily loaned to the CIA.

The late 1950s Havana Chief of Station, Jim Noel -- once foolishly complained to both Ambassadors Gardner and Smith that: "his" CIA officers were cableing Hoover's folks even before they briefed him; or sent their "CIA" cables to the "T" Buidings on the Mall, or even to the "E" Street HQ in D.C. !! After the Langley HQ was opened during January 1962, Ted Shackley bitched about "all of these CIA officers really being FBI agents"!!

A team of those "dual-hatted spooks" inside the AM/Embassy-Havana hatched out an "agent-provocateur"/ "honey pot scheme". They received approval, first from Hoover [at his old DOJ Bldg. office] and later from "E" Street. The scheme centered on creating an entity -- one which might draw in and coallesce a menage of Castro supporting people, especially Americans and Western Hemisphere nationals.

One of the early 1960 "tools" was one CIA asset who was close to Fidel -- June Cobb [Fidel's "secretary"]

who reported to a CIA case officer named Elizabeth Vetter. [One day, while she was at Morgan's penthouse apartment [16th & Calzada, Vedado] -- William whispered to me: "...Fidel's secretary??...I have told all of the boys that she is "Fidel's SUCKretary..but I don't know how to translate that into Spanish...can you do that for me..?" -- Olgita [Mrs. Wm. A. Morgan] -- who had overheard that, and while understanding little English, she had a frown on her face -- and was shaking her head NO !!]

Robert "Bob" Taber had shown great courage during his trips up into the Sierra Maestra [1958] to interview and film Fidel and the "26th of July" rebel guerrillas. After Batista "bugged out" [Jan. 1st 1959] Bob Taber traveled back and forth between CONUS and Cuba. He organized "tours" by left-wing activists, both the wealthy and those of moderate means -- even some of the veterans of "The Abraham Lincoln Brigade", who had fought so valiantly during the Spanish Civil War -- showed up to a "red-carpet" treatment [pun intended].

The FBI/CIA decided to give both a financial, and a "networking" boost, to these initial excursions. Within months this morphed into a semi-formal organization -- and was loosely: "The Friends of Cuba Committee".

Fidel's cadre grew to appreciate this admiration and assistance from the true "American people".

During late 1959, the Havana/New York City nexus grew solid roots. This was being pushed by June Cobb, Juan Orta, Jesus Yanes Pelletier, et al. [Yanes Pelletier died, while still protesting against Fidel, as a dissident in Havana a few years ago, after a lengthy imprisonment]

By the time Anastas Mikoyan visited Cuba during early 1960, the NYC FBI/CIA and Havana folks had built a solid covert Counter/Intel "Honey Pot" operation.

Bob Taber was slyly guided into his leadership role in what was now spoken of informally as: "The Fair Play for Cuba Committee". Fidel's Intel agents at the U.N. warned him that he was under investigation for multiple federal felony violations of both the "Logan Act" and the "Foreign Agents Registration Act" [F.A.R.A.]. He immediately returned to Havana, where it was recommended that he "lie low" for a while.

From that point on, the FBI/CIA conducted/controlled ALL activities of the nascent F.P.F.C.C. -- both in CONUS and many other places throughout the Western Hemisphere.

Just before the Bay of Pigs, Bob Taber trained with Fidel's new militia forces. During "Playa Giron" he fought as a "foot-soldier" against the Brigade 2506 "mercenarios", and was later wounded and then hospitalized in the city of Cienfuegos [Las Villas]. Upon recovery, he once again began in earnest "HIS" re-shaping of this "Fair Play for Cuba Committee" !!

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, the American cameraman that filmed for Taber while with Fidel in the mountains [Lewellen] was on No Name Key with us -- and he repeatedly expressed his doubts as to his buddy Bob Taber -- really "going-over-to-the-other-side".

Maybe so, and maybe NOT ??!!

CHAIRS,

GPH

WORDS

Your many

Idle words

Return to you

As relentless

Soul slaying

Killer angels

Accusing,

Unforgiving