The Education Forum

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Tim Gratz

I know not every country celebrates thanksgiving and some celebrate a thanksgiving holiday on a different day.

Nonetheless, happy thanksgiving and a happy holiday season to all.

And in America tomorrow, we can all be thankful we are not turkeys!

(In one sense it is unfortunate the assassination occured so close to Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving holiday in 1963 was certainly somber.)

I wonder how many of you happened to see the political cartoon about Dick Cheney on Thanksgiving. Cheney is dressed as a pilgrim, and he's torturing the Thanksgiving turkey on the rack. Cheney snarls to the screaming turkey, "Beg for the ax!"

Happy holiday to all.

I am aware of no substantial evidence that Cheney tortures turkeys. (Terrorists, maybe, but to paraphrase a former POTUS, it depends upon what your definition of torture is. (In the Clinton years our time was consumed debating the definition of "sex"; now we debate the definition of "torture".))

In fact I have it on reliable information that following long-established precedent the Bush-Cheney administration pardoned one turkey, saving it from a sure death.

A friend e-mailed me this Thanksgiving story:

One year at Thanksgiving my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional

feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick.

She told my sister that she needed something from the store. When my sister

left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed

a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the

turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven

and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something,

she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia,

you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my

sister started to cry.

It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

(Probably proverbial only.)

Edited by Tim Gratz

I am aware of no substantial evidence that Cheney tortures turkeys. (Terrorists, maybe, but to paraphrase a former POTUS, it depends upon what your definition of torture is. (In the Clinton years our time was consumed debating the definition of "sex"; now we debate the definition of "torture".))

In fact I have it on reliable information that following long-established precedent the Bush-Cheney administration pardoned one turkey, saving it from a sure death.

A friend e-mailed me this Thanksgiving story:

One year at Thanksgiving my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional

feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick.

She told my sister that she needed something from the store. When my sister

left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed

a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the

turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven

and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something,

she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia,

you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my

sister started to cry.

It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

(Probably proverbial only.)

And a happy thanksgiving to all ... That dude Letterman (whom our aussie Rove seems to be styled on) last night asked his audience 'where were you five years ago?'. He then proceeded to show footage of himself spraying the contents of a fire-extinguisher on a 'human turkey' in the studio. Following this was a lovely little piece of a lady throwing an artificial turkey from the roof of a building into a vat of lumpy gravy. He also made assorted statements about the CIA torturing turkeys. (just thought you'd like to know) BTW he will apparently have Oprah on show shortly. I hope they chat about Marina.

I am aware of no substantial evidence that Cheney tortures turkeys. (Terrorists, maybe, but to paraphrase a former POTUS, it depends upon what your definition of torture is. (Tim Gratz)

What about terrorist turkeys? You do realize that torturing terrorist turkeys truly trangresses tolerant treaties, Tim?

I need a lie down now.

James

8 "T"s! Wow! James is on a roll!

Well, we know Warren headed the Warren Commission.

So how about ten "w"s, James?

There's no rest for the wicked, as the saying goes! (Not really implying James is "wicked" of course, but how about that for a start: "wicked Warren"--now it's your ball, James--unless someone else takes up the challenge while you rest.)

Edited by Tim Gratz

8 "T"s! Wow! James is on a roll!

Well, we know Warren headed the Warren Commission.

So how about ten "w"s, James?

There's no rest for the wicked, as the saying goes! (Not really implying James is "wicked" of course, but how about that for a start: "wicked Warren"--now it's your ball, James--unless someone else takes up the challenge while you rest.)

Okay here goes .....

Wicked Warren watching wistfully while worthless wrongful wannabe waif withers woefully without warrantable witness.

:hotorwot

James

Guest Stephen Turner

MESSAGE RECIEVED FROM HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH. SUBJECT "HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

(HAUGHTY VOICE) Ahem, To all our former subjects may I extend the hand of friendship in wishing you a happy thank you day (voice off, "its thanksgiving, maam) Errm, yes as he said, at this time of year, it is customary to offer tokens of our affection for each other, with this in mind I am sending you Prince Edward (voice of Edward off camera "Gosh thank you mummy, Florida here I come") "To do with as you please, He does like his tea at 5 0Clock, and needs to be in bed before 10, or he can become a little trying. Do not feel that you have to respond in kind, but if your not doing anything with Fort Knox....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YANKS.. Steve.

I know not every country celebrates thanksgiving and some celebrate a thanksgiving holiday on a different day.

Nonetheless, happy thanksgiving and a happy holiday season to all.

And in America tomorrow, we can all be thankful we are not turkeys!

(In one sense it is unfortunate the assassination occured so close to Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving holiday in 1963 was certainly somber.)

"(In one sense it is unfortunate the assassination occured so close to Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving holiday in 1963 was certainly somber.)"

But T.G., can't you see Operation Mockingbird performing at its finest hour for all its Fascist patrons?

After watching a beloved leader get his brains blown to smithereens the Friday before Thanksgiving, the reinforcement of how powerless the minions really are to prevent a paradigm shift, such as this. And, then to be reminded of it, every single Thanksgiving Holiday, no matter how many times one may think it's become a forgotten event. It never will be, due to the great job they did of permanently etching the horror of this egregious act into the minds of the masses regardless of whether they wanted it, or not. It was totally intentional, a total exercise in psy-ops, you know that by now, don't you?

It is the first time I have been in the States during Thanksgiving. I did not realize everything would be shut. Even my hotel did not serve breakfast this morning. It seems capitalism takes a rest on Thanksgiving.

"Even my hotel did not serve breakfast this morning. It seems capitalism takes a rest on Thanksgiving."

Well, that's Big "D" for you, John.

Hey, why didn't make a side trip to L.A.? You could be having dinner with Jeff, Steve Gaal, my boss, Carlos, and myself. We could've had you well-fed, and ready to ship out to L.A.X. [15 minutes down Sepulveda Blvd.] and on your way back to the U.K. feeling happy and well rested. :D

Edited by Terry Mauro

You are "off topic". "Bah humbug" was Scrooge's put-down of Christmas. Being English, he did not celebrate Thanksgiving.

Really?? Wow. Gosh. I didn't know that!

(Maybe it's all just part of the Castro-Trafficante conspiracy.) lol