The Education Forum

The Father of The Secret Police

Tim Gratz

On a November day some 373 years ago the pope named Cardinal Richelieu Protonotary Apostolic in France.

Cardinal Richelieu is known for starting the secret police. While he was dying, his chaplain asked if he forgave his enemies. Richelieu replied, "There are none left."

Proving, I guess, that there is indeed nothing new under the sun!

On a November day some 373 years ago the pope named Cardinal Richelieu Protonotary Apostolic in France.

Cardinal Richelieu is known for starting the secret police. While he was dying, his chaplain asked if he forgave his enemies. Richelieu replied, "There are none left."

Tim, As I am sure you already know Cardinal Richelieu did for the Catholic Church, what Gregori Rasputin did for the Russian Orthodox. BTW Did you ever see "The Death of Rasputin" sketch on Saturday Night Live back in the old day's?

The funny thing is, they think they fool history in the process.

Tim, Not sure where the Chevmeister lives these day's. Always felt his post-SNL career, after a pretty good start really tailed off.

Lynne, If Richelieu thought he was going to be able to fool history, he certainly was proved wrong. BTW, Is it true that you only date men who don't like Jim Garrison?

Edited by Robert Howard

Tim, Not sure where the Chevmeister lives these day's. Always felt his post-SNL career, after a pretty good start really tailed off.

Lynne, If Richelieu thought he was going to be able to fool history, he certainly was proved wrong. BTW, Is it true that you only date men who don't like Jim Garrison?

--------------------------

HEY !! HEY !! ME !! ME!!

I'm a dirty old man -- and divorced [The "Ex" is out visiting right now!!]

By that photo -- she looks like a Beverly Hills Babe. I sure hope that she didn't "do-a-Mellen" and submit a photo which is a few years old. You know, like the one John posted for ME !!

GPH