The Education Forum

Chemtrails over Las Vegas last Friday

Jack White

This morning when I mowed my lawn about 8:30 the sky was clear

and there were no chemtrails over Fort Worth.

When my wife and I drove to lunch about 12:30 there were chemtrails

ALL OVER THE SKY, going all directions, in all stages of scattering and

turning into cirrus clouds. As we drove, I counted 27 separate chemtrails,

many of them criss-crossing. By the time we got home, the entire sky

became overcast from both chemtrails and natural clouds coming in

from the south.

I wish I had taken my camera with me to lunch.

Jack

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning when I mowed my lawn about 8:30 the sky was clear and there were no chemtrails over Fort Worth.

When my wife and I drove to lunch about 12:30 there were chemtrails

ALL OVER THE SKY, going all directions, in all stages of scattering and

turning into cirrus clouds. As we drove, I counted 27 separate chemtrails,

many of them criss-crossing. By the time we got home, the entire sky

became overcast from both chemtrails and natural clouds coming in

from the south.

I wish I had taken my camera with me to lunch.

Jack

I wish I had my camera with me day before yesterday (Wednesday)

when driving across town to lunch. Clustered over south Fort Worth

were ELEVEN separate planes spraying bizarre chemtrail patterns.

The most prominent was a large letter "A" perfectly formed with

a giant "V" and a crossbar. I counted a total of 11 planes flying

at crazy angles to each other laying the trails simultaneously.

Today was another bizarre day for chemtrails over southwest Fort Worth.

Today was another day of skywriting big letters in the sky. There was a "K"

and an "A" and a "Z"...plus another new technique...dots and dashes.

The latter consisted of intermittent spraying in short bursts and long bursts

instead of continuous horizon to horizon stripes. Unfortunately, I was again

out driving to lunch and did not have my camera. I counted a total of

seven planes laying trails in just one area of the sky.

Jack

Jack why don't you get one of those inexpensive 1 - 2 MG digicams and leave it in your glove compartment? Some are quite small easily pocketable so you could carry it with you all the time. Another option is a cameraphone.

The "chemtrails" you claim to see don't count only the ones you can photograph do. The "I was out to lunch with out my camera" excuse won't due any more, personally I think you're "out to lunch" 24 hours a day but at least you'll have a camera with you. Did it ever occur to you that lunchtime might be a period when there are a greater number of flights over Dallas/Ft. Worth and/or it's a riper time of day for contrails than others? It has already been explained to you that contrails are more likely to form and persist in certain meteorological conditions than others.

You do realize that DFW is the 5th or 6th busiest airport in the World don't you? It handles 2300 flights a day (almost a hundred an hour but of course much more at peak hours). http://www.visitdallas.com/visitors/facts.php?cat=2908

and over 59,000,000 passengers a year (an average of over 161,000 a day)

World's Busiest Airports 2005 (preliminary)

Last update: March 13 2006

Rank City (Airport) Total Passengers % Change

1 ATLANTA, GA (ATL) 85 907 423 2.8

2 CHICAGO, IL (ORD) 76 510 003 1.3

3 LONDON, GB (LHR) 67 915 389 0.8

4 TOKYO, JP (HND) 63 282 219 1.6

5 LOS ANGELES, CA (LAX) 61 485 269 1.3

6 DALLAS/FT WORTH AIRPORT, TX (DFW) 59 064 360 (0.6)

http://www.airports.org/cda/aci/display/main/aci_content.jsp?zn=aci&cp=1-5_9_2__

None of these numbers include "over flights" (i.e. flights that fly over your city but don't land there) or flights in and out of Love Field or flights from air force and air reserve bases (there are about 25 in Texas, including at least one in close by Ft. Worth. http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-u-s-air-force-bases.

You have yet to respond to the various points that we (Evan, Matthew and I) that cast doubt on your theories. Tell us more about "Operation Parasol" that evil scheme dreamed up Edward "Dr. Strangelove" Teller to end global warming and bring Albanian orphans to Canada. LOL

I suggest you immediately don one of these babies the next time you see one those evil "chemtrails"!!

gas-mask.jpg

Len

Jack your posts never cease to be risible!

Edited by Len Colby

Fort Worth chemtrail report:

This morning was clear. There was a SINGLE LONE EAST-WEST CHEMTRAIL...

a considerable difference from the 27 I counted yesterday.

Perhaps Mr. Colby in Brazil or Mr. Burton in Australia can tell me why this is.

Jack

I'm not Mr. Colby or Mr. Burton (why their locations should matter I have no idea) but the first things that come to mind are different weather with a different moisture content, different traffic overhead at different altitudes, perhaps with different engines. All of those can have an effect on contrail persistence but the ones with the most effect are weather and altitude.

A quick look on weather.com shows it is windier today than yesterday in Fort Worth and a search on aviationweather.gov shows the winds above 30,000 feet to be over 60 knots. That would also have an effect on the dissipation rate of a contrail. It is also warmer today than yesterday. Only by a few degrees but that would have an effect on the moisture content of the air as well.

Edited by Matthew Lewis

Is Robins AFB, GA, a base for the tanker planes that do the spraying?

......from Jeff Rense:

The US Air Force is crying "uncle". After three consecutive hard-pressed years' flying a

multitude of missions, the big jet tankers that spray chemtrails and refuel warplanes in flight can

no longer complete their far-flung assignments.

Hundreds of ancient airplanes, a growing exodus of tanker crews, and additional refueling

burdens brought on by 9.11 and an illegal president's declaration of "never-ending" war against

60 sovereign nations have pushed Congress into approving the costly lease of additional

airliners for conversion to operational tanker status.

In July 1999, nearly 18 months after North American chemtrail operations kicked into high

gear, the Air Force asked the Secretary of Defense for a "reprieve" in the number of missions

they would have to fly "over the next six to eight months." Since then, this planet-wide

geoengineering experiment over Canada, the USA and Europe in a is further stretching already

overtaxed tankers and crews among more than 30 USAF refueling wings past the breaking

point.

BOMBS AWAY More than a decade ago, Desert Storm demonstrated the limits of tanker time.

During this one-sided contest - which saw one bomb run every minute round-the-clock for

more than a month over a country the size of Texas - KC-10 and the KC-135 tankers

conducted some 51,700 mid-air refuelings. Ironically in this conflict over oil, hard-pressed

tanker crews exceeded Saudi refining capacity to pump 125 million gallons of fuel into tactical

aircraft - and global warming. As a result of this extraordinary effort, as many as 500,000

terrified teenage conscripts, parents, grandparents and children under the age of 15 were killed

in what later bombing assessments termed "the most intensive urban bombing campaign ever

conducted."

Downsized 40% after a secret biowar that killed at least 12,000 US troops hit by chemical and

biological agents (and sickened hundreds of thousands of service personnel, spouses and

children with Gulf War Illness), the Air Force was next ordered to commit almost half of its

remaining people and planes to bombing Kosovo.

The 1999 annual Readiness Review prepared by the House Committee on Armed Services

found that the demands of refueling aircraft bombing Kosovo had once again taxed tanker

squadrons to operational limits. Condemned by UN agencies for causing widespread civilian

casualties and the ecological devastation of Kosovo - while leaving the army and armor of

elected Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic virtually unscathed - the sustained attacks took

a toll on tankers, too.

The congressional committee's "Strained to the Limit" report revealed that Operation Allied

Force over Kosovo had "overextended" U.S. Air Force tanker wings, already tasked with

enforcing No-Fly zones over Iraq and Bosnia. Such sustained refuelings, it read, "has taken its

toll on personnel, equipment, and training."

Even with some 650 KC-135 Stratotankers and 50 KC-10 Extenders in the Air Force

inventory, the congressional review committee concluded that the blue suiters' "call for a respite

raises serious doubts about whether the Air Force has sufficient forces at proper readiness levels

to execute the two major theater war requirement called for in the National Military Strategy."

AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS CONCERNED OVER CHEMTRAILS Chemtrails were

not mentioned among these strategic national missions nearby aimed at controlling the

international oil and narco trades. But in late June, 2002, Air Traffic Controllers across the

United States continue to report that they are being ordered to divert commercial jets beneath

large formations of tanker planes spewing chemicals at airliner altitudes that degrade their

radars. Given this operations tempo, it is uncertain how much longer the Air Force will be able

to conduct what flight controllers are being told are "climate modification experiments".

Whether spreading dioxin-laden defoliants and rainmaking chemicals over the Ho Chi Minh

trail, or creating sunlight-reflecting clouds over the US homeland, the attrition of planes and

personnel in waging "eco war" has always been high. During the destruction of Kosovo, an

acute pilot shortage forced President Clinton to authorize a "call-up" of some 33,102 National

Guard and Reserve personnel.

It was not enough. Air Mobility Command - which provides airlift and air-to-air refueling for

America's armed forces - continued to operate with a 15% shortage of crew chiefs, fuel

handlers, jet mechanics, and other essential flight personnel. The crew crunch became so severe,

key people whose "hitches" were up, were prevented from leaving the service before the

bombing of Kosovo ended.

Today, the Armed Services Committee finds that the Air Force relies on National Guard and

Reserve volunteers to meet over half of its daily aerial refueling commitments around the world.

At the same time, chemtrail laydowns continued to tax tankers across the United States and

much of Canada - as well as over the UK, Australia and other countries of the expanded NATO

alliance.

AGING AIRPLANES

From full-power take-off at high gross-weight, through hot climbs to subfreezing altitudes, and

the inevitable descent and jolt of reconnecting with concrete at more than 120 miles per hour -

each "flight cycle" of a heavy aircraft places high stresses on the newest engines and airframes.

But the first KC-135 Stratotanker took to the air in August 1956! A modified version of the first

jetliner to see widespread commercial use at the dawn of the jet age, each $52 million

reconfigured Boeing 707 carries 150,000 pounds of transferable fuel, and costs $3,448/hour to

operate.

Though able to fly at 530 miles per hour as high as 50,000 feet, tankers normally operate at

much lower altitudes to rendezvous with fuel-hungry aircraft. This means that the broad white

plumes seen streaming from photo-identified KC-135s over North American communities over

the past three years cannot be contrails. As Major General Gregory P. Barlow, Office the

Adjutant General at Camp Murray, Washington explains: "KC-135 jet aircraft operate at

altitudes below 33,000 feet, which is typically the altitude where jet contrails form."

The last KC-135 was delivered to the Air Force in 1965. Today, the Air Mobility Command

operates more than 442 Stratotankers. Just over half of these aircraft (268) are flown by the Air

Force Reserve and Air National Guard.

Almost 400 of these four-engine, 46 year-old airplanes have been refitted with new CFM

engines. Born-again KC-135Rs and KC-135Ts can offload 225,000 pounds of fuel (or

chemtrail cocktails). Costing 25 percent less than the original versions to operate, these

remodeled KC-135s are seen but not often heard as they are nearly 100% quieter than the

Boeing 707 (which is so loud, commercial 707s are now banned from taking off from US

airports). Aging Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard KC-135s have also been

re-engined with TF-33-PW-102 engines. Their crews fervently hope that new aluminum-alloy

skin grafts will keep the wings attached to these old crates for another 27,000 flying hours.

The newer KC-10 is no spring chicken either. A modified Boeing DC-10 airliner, the KC-10A

entered service in 1981. The three-engine KC-10 carries about 320,000 pounds of transferable

liquids at speeds up to 619 mph and altitudes up to 42,000 feet. This long-legged workhorse can

deliver chemtrails over 4,400 miles.

The KC-10A is operated by the 305th Air Mobility Wing, McGuire Air Force Base, N.J.; and

the 60th Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB, Calif. Despite these extensive retrofits, on March 22,

1999 the Associated Press reported that hundreds of KC-135 tankers were being grounded to

fix problems in their tailfeathers. Within 24 hours of the Air Force announcement, Chemtrail

Tracking Center reports of chemtrail spraying across the USA dropped from 24 to just two US

cities. As the big Boeings were returned to the air over the following week, chemtrail sightings

climbed back to previous levels.

DIAL 9.11 FOR TANKERS

Then came Sept. 11. Two months after a handful of fanatics armed with Exacto knives defeated

trillion-dollar North American defenses, Aviation Week & Space Technology reported refueling

tankers were "stretched thin after three weeks of intense operations."

Though kept on the ground during the main attacks on the Pentagon and World Trade Center,

from the evening of Sept. 11 through Sept. 13, aircraft from 26 Air Force units took to the skies,

flying continuous circular orbits called Combat Air Patrols over 15 key areas within the United

States. Armed F-15's and F-16's provided 24 hour a day CAP coverage in some areas. Along

the way, Air Force units that normally flew 15-20 hour a day, five days a week began flying

45-60 hours a day, every day. Many of those fighters were refueled in the air.

Maj. Gen. Larry Arnold, commander of the Continental U.S. NORAD Region - one of three

elements of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) - told reporters,

"We live and die with tankers. They're heavily tasked inside and outside the U.S. borders."

Referring to the aging airframes of the KC-135s wings, Arnold added, "I'd be hesitant to predict

how long they'll hold up."

CHEMTRAILS OVER AFGHANISTAN

The ongoing bombing of Canadian soldiers, wedding parties and other targets of overseas

opportunity is being carried out by B-52s and smaller tactical aircraft flying from bases located

outside the region. The strains on tanker crews tasked with refueling thirsty fighter-bombers to

and from their targets have been further tweaked by assignments to lay down barium-iron

stearate "chemtrails" in the Central Asian stratosphere.

In a peeping-Tom process called tomography, these aerial-sprayed "mobile antennas" could be

used with more publicized HAARP missions, bouncing tightly-focused radio-frequency energy

beamed from transmitters in Gakon, Alaska to "X-ray" Afghanistan cave complexes. According

to MSNBC, HAARP was ordered to full-power transmission status one week before 9.11.

According to two scientists who worked on this project out of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

in Ohio, the chemtrail antennas laid down over Afghanistan were definitely used to conduct

radio signals to remotely-piloted drones flown by the CIA. At least 40 armed attacks by robot

planes firing "Hellfire" missiles were made by American "pilots" sitting inside air-conditioned

trailers in Uzbekistan.

In what could be the first cases of chemtrails being deliberately used to kill people on the

ground, according to MSNBC, Predator drones "played a role in the attack that killed

Mohammed Atef, one of bin Laden's closest aides."

Innocent shepherds and scrap-metal salvagers were also blown to pieces in the cowboy-style

"shoot first, identify later" attacks that saw nearly one-third of the Predators crash as their

operators grappled with the remote-controlled responses of distant drones.

While the tele-disconnected pilots of these demolished planes went for coffee, Air Force

displeasure grew over the loss of so many $2.5 million robot planes. Bad inter-service vibes, and

bad weather combined to cancel the CIA's drone strikes in October, 2001.

By then, the first $48 billion weapons windfall had been apportioned by President-select

George Bush to the armed forces - and to corporations like the Bush and bin Laden's Carlyle

Group that supply the enormously wasteful materials of war.

RENT-A-TANKER

The December, 2001 Defense Appropriations bill required the tanker-challenged Air Force to

lease and convert 100 Boeing 767 airliners for aerial refueling duties over a 10-year period.

According to veteran investigators Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman, "These are planes

even the Air Force doesn't want, or least not enough to include in a list of its top 60 priorities."

Mokhiber and Weissman point out that it would be cheaper to buy the planes outright Instead,

the Air Force is being ordered to lease 100 planes at $20 million per plane per year. Converting

each plane to carry jet fuel will add about $30 million per plane. And like any leased Lexus, the

Pentagon must return the planes to Boeing in the configuration and condition in which they

were purchased - at another $30 million or so per plane.

"While the U.S. government will be spending more than $25 billion on planes even the Air

Force does not want, it is refusing to spend more than a couple hundred million dollars a year

on the Global Fund for AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis. The money wasted on those planes

could literally save millions of lives," these two watchdogs of corporate crime point out.

TANKER PILOTS SEEKING OTHER WORK

Even with 100 new tankers at its command, the US Air Force may still find it impossible to

continue chemtrails missions, along with its perpetual wartime responsibilities. According to the

Congressional readiness report, the percentage of Air Force pilots leaving the service is up

322% in the past five years. At least two pilots are quitting the Air Force every day - and they

are not being replaced.

Next year, the active duty Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve are projected

to be short a total of 3,200 pilots.

Many of tanker pilots are being joined in the exits by crewmembers and fuel handlers

concerned over recent Air Force findings showing that constant exposure to jet fuel and fumes

can cause extreme health problems. Among more than 40 potentially carcinogenic compounds

found in the JP8 jet fuel used by the Air Force is Ethylene Dibromide. Used in leaded gasoline

until 1983, the potent pesticide known as EDB was outlawed under a rare emergency order by

the EPA.

TOXIC VAPORS

But in 1991, military and commercial jet fuel was changed from JP4 to JP8, apparently to

accommodate more efficient, hotter-burning engines.

According to the EPA's seven-page Ethylene Dibromide Hazardous Materials List, EDB "is a

carcinogen and must be handled with extreme caution." EDB's DNA-binding molecules are

also monstrous mutagens that can scramble the cellular blueprints of as-yet unborn generations.

In addition, EDB fumes can damage the liver, lungs, kidneys and skin. Cancer, pulmonary

edema and asthma may result, as well as damage to pregnant crewmembers' developing fetus -

and to the reproductive organs and abilities of women and men.

For the "it-can't-happen-to-me" crowd, the EPA cautions that chronic JP8-sniffers remain at

risk from even low levels of EDB. "Exposure can irritate the lungs, repeated exposure may

cause bronchitis, development of cough, and shortness of breath," warn the federal regulators.

"It will damage the liver and kidneys."

Proctor and Hugh's 1991 Chemical Hazards of the Workplace Third Edition found that

"accidental use" of JP8 resulted in: general weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, chest pains, coughing,

shortness of breath, cardiac insufficiency and uterine hemorrhaging.

Following death, 44 hours later, autopsies found: "upper respiratory tract irritation, swelling of

the pulmonary lymph glands, advanced... deterioration of the heart, liver and kidneys, and

hemorrhages in the respiratory tract."

JP8 also depresses the central nervous system. Tanker crews and fuel handlers could not have

been reassured by an official Air Force study on "The Effects of Chronic JP8 Jet Fuel Exposure

on the Lungs and Secondary Organs". Conducted by the University of Arizona at Tucson in

the late 1990s, the tests found "that exposure to only 7 days of JP8 jet fuel for one hour/day at a

concentration of 500 mg per cubic meter can produce lung injuries."

Since EDB becomes more toxic at higher temperatures, its dispersal from 1,200 degree jet

exhausts spells exceptionally bad news for all "downwinders".

Jet fuel "rain" from what the Air Force terms "routine" fuel jettisoning to lower landing weights

- and unburned fuel spewing from a constant stream of heavy aircraft straining to take off from

airports and airbases - add to the daily toxic exposure of residents living close to busy airports

and airbases.

PANTHER PISS

Another threat for urban dwellers is presented by Panther Piss. This nickname identifies a fuel

additive used by highly-classified high-performance Mach 3 aircraft to eliminate contrails.

"Think about it," emailed (an unverified) former Air Force line man. "You have an airframe

flying over foreign land, they can't paint it with radar, they cant get an IR lock, but they look up

and see a nice white line streaking across the sky. I think you just lost both stealth and your

aircraft."

While this source would not confirm the presence of EDB, he stated that Panther Piss is "almost

the same (chemically) as a popular pest- exterminating chemical. We all know the effects of

those chemicals."

As chemtrail spraying continues drying the air over the drought-stricken USA, one big question

remains for American taxpayers: Isn't it time to start spending the $500,000 a minute currently

being devoted to destruction in their names by promotion-seeking military officers and

profiteering corporations like the Carlyle Group - on the survival of their children, and a space

colony called Earth?

PS...I do not need someone in Georgia to tell me about the weather in

Fort Worth yesterday and today. I worked in the yard both mornings,

The weather was identical.

Jack

Don't worry that you didn't take any pictures this time; here are some for you:

http://asd-www.larc.nasa.gov/GLOBE/contrails/

You could follow my advice and take note of when you see them. The same people as in the last link want people to report contrails they see:

http://asd-www.larc.nasa.gov/GLOBE/reporting.html

You might also like to consult a meteorologist about them. Here is what John Day - a meteorologist - said:

Chris Lydgate of the Willamette Week (Oregon) wrote a detailed report on Sept. 26th, 2001 on the "CHEM TRAIL" phenomenon. Lydgate wrote about Portland observers of the "Chemtrails," and even New Mexico's own Cliff Carnicom (see http://www.nmsr.org/chemtrls.htm). He also included comments from an old-timer meteorologist who puts the kibosh on the "Trails." He wrote "If there is a giant conspiracy to spray chemicals from the sky, chances are good that Professor John Day is not a part of it. The author of six books on meteorology, Day is a world-renowned expert on clouds, a professor emeritus at Linfield College and a regular contributor to the McMinnville News-Register, ... When he hears the word 'chemtrail,' however, Day's frosty mustache droops, and his sky-blue eyes darken. 'I don't happen to warm up to that phenomenon,' he sighs. Despite his reluctance to be drawn into the controversy, Day graciously agreed to examine photographs of chemtrails to see if he spotted anything unusual. 'This is a perfectly normal situation with cirrocumulus cloud and a single spreading contrail,' he declared after inspecting one photo for a full minute. Then he flipped to the next. 'Nothing weird about that. Cirrostratus cloud...' And the next. 'The criss-cross pattern is a consequence of planes flying criss-cross patterns....' And the next. 'I've seen many situations like this one....' Contrail formation, Day explained, depends on the relative humidity of the atmosphere-- he ratio of what is to what could be at a particular temperature. When relative humidity is low, contrails dissipate within seconds. But when relative humidity is high, especially at the subzero temperatures of the upper atmosphere, the addition of even a tiny amount of water vapor acts as a catalyst. Under these conditions, contrails may linger and spread to cover the whole sky. ...At length, Day extracted from his bookshelf a well-thumbed edition of Peterson's Field Guide to Clouds and Weather, which he co-authored in 1991 (a good 10 years before chemtrails became widely discussed), turned to the section on contrails, and pointed to a photograph of a thick, white plume--a plume that looked for all the world like a chemtrail..."

Source: http://www.wweek.com/flatfiles/News1982.html

The New Mexico Attorney Generals Office asked some advice when it received lots of letters about "chemtrails":

Attorney General's Office

State of New Mexico

I have finished a review of letters sent to the Attorney General of New Mexico's office from several writers. In each of these letters, the writers express concern that aircraft are spraying biological or chemical materials into the atmosphere for unspecified purposes. One of the letters quotes anecdotal incidences of sickness that might be tied to the aircraft activity. The letters refer to "chemtrails" as well as contrails.

I have read the letters and reviewed the referenced web pages . In so doing, I have viewed a number of photos purporting to be of aircraft spraying the chemical or biological material into the atmosphere. I have also discussed these letters with another scientist familiar with upper atmospheric phenomena from Sandia National Laboratory and an retired general and fighter pilot who is an Air Force Hall of Fame Member inducted in at the same time as Neil Armstrong and former President Ford.

In summary, there is no evidence that these "chemtrails" are other than expected, normal contrails from jet aircraft that vary in their shapes, duration, and general presentation based on prevailing weather conditions. That is not to say that there could not be an occasional, purposeful experimental release of, say, high altitude barium for standard wind tracking experiments. There could also be other related experiments that occur from time-to-time which release agents into the atmosphere. However, not one single picture that was presented as evidence indicates other than normal contrail formation.

The variation in presentation is explained by the tropospheric conditions and, to some extent, the positioning of aircraft engines. When the troposphere experiences a relatively stable, supersaturated condition (water vapor in excess of 100% humidity without condensation), then any disturbance that causes formation of ice crystals provides nucleation surfaces for the supersaturated moisture to condense upon. When a jet engine burns its fuel, the major byproduct is water vapor. When the exhaust passes over the rear stabilizer of an aircraft, the tips or ends of the stabilizer cause the exhaust to expand rapidly. When it does, the temperature decreases rapidly within a turbulent flow, and ice crystal formation is forced. Generally, this makes it look as if the jet were spraying a cloud from the ends of the stabilizer. If the atmosphere is not at saturation, the contrail will not persist. The formed ice crystals will sublimate into the surrounding atmosphere. Hence, the appearance of a short, well formed vapor trail. If the water content is very low, then no discernible contrail will form at all. All the exhaust water will be absorbed by the atmosphere before there is time to form ice crystals.

If the atmospheric water content is not consistent with altitude (picture atmospheric "waves" of high water vapor content below a layer of low water vapor content much like waves on the ocean), then a jet will alternately pass through air that allows contrail formation and air that does not. This gives the appearance of a dashed line if the plane is flying at, or near the perpendicular to the waves. If the atmosphere is highly supersaturated, then the formed ice crystals may act as nucleation centers for a continual spreading of the contrail. In other words, the contrail actually causes the supersaturated moisture to condense, spreading out from its original path. This causes the formation of a cirrostratus cloud structure, far in excess of what would occur from a simple contrail.

One other phenomenon observed is the formation of contrails off wing surfaces along with the engine exhaust contrails. This can be caused when the air is highly supersaturated and the expansion of the air coming off of the wing surface is sufficient to cause ice crystallization. In this case, it appears that the whole plane is leaving a trail. This can often be observed by a passenger flying in a commercial airplane when entering cold, supersaturated air, particularly in the winter when close to a storm front.

There were no pictures or evidence that indicated anything other than the above contrail formation phenomena. Anecdotal stories of persons getting sick after contrails from obviously supersaturated tropospheric conditions lend no basis for belief that there are chemicals or biological agents being released. This type of story provides as much credence to "chemtrails" as does the belief that drinking milk is causally linked to heroin addiction. (Almost all heroin addicts in the US drank milk as children.)

Please contact me if there are any questions.

Sincerely,

M. Kim Johnson, Physicist

And it seems the people who promote these "chemtrails" aren't always exactly honest:

http://goodsky.homestead.com/files/index.html

Well if Jack says the weather is identical then weather.com must be wrong! :lol: Jack could never be wrong could he!? :lol:

Are you trying to imply that I might be involved in a coverup because I am in the Air Force? You're funny Jack! :lol: I happen to be an officer on the E-8C JSTARS but what I do for a living is not relevant. What is relevant is my long time love of flying, my degree in aviation and the studying of weather and contrail formation that came from that. It's really funny that you think the military is behind your fantasy when there is no proof whatsoever. There are not enough planes total, let alone tankers, in the military (all branches) to spray all the "chemtrails" people think they see. And of course that's ignoring the fact that many planes are deployed in multiple theaters outside the US right now and the ones involved in routine training sorties in the US. A large majority of your trails have to be coming from commercial airliners. They make up the vast majority of the traffic in the US. Everytime I've seen a picture of a plane leaving a "chemtrail" they can never seem to get a good enough picture to show any identifiable marking whatsoever, let alone military markings. I have seen plenty of evidence that any plane flying high enough, commercial or military, can leave a persistant contrail. Of course that goes back to that pesky established science. Good video here showing normal commercial planes (gasp!!) leaving large contrails.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6432590138024652983

My comments on the weather which are easily verifiable from a variety of sources were only to point out that the slight changes could effect contrail persistence. Slight changes that might not be readily identifiable to you working in your garden. Of course that is based on the decades old science behind contrail formation. You know, the stuff you think must be all wrong because you never are! The fact remains though that it is windier and warmer today than yesterday.

I'm not sure how the long article about tankers is relevant as it can be easily shown that most planes leaving persistent contrails are not military. The flight explorer program can show you in near real time all the flights in an area following a flight plan. I urge you to check it out. Of course you might learn that there really is no sinister spraying program going on and that might be too devastating for you.

Edited by Matthew Lewis

Is Robins AFB, GA, a base for the tanker planes that do the spraying?

......from Jeff Rense:

The US Air Force is crying "uncle". After three consecutive hard-pressed years' flying a

multitude of missions, the big jet tankers that spray chemtrails and refuel warplanes in flight can

no longer complete their far-flung assignments.

[...]

Great Jack, You've found an anti-Semitic UFO freak who believes the Holocaust was a hoax and peddles "ESP pills", "mind pills" and "psychic pills" on his website (rense.com) who also believes in "Chemtrails"! Do you really think this helps your case!

He also offers anti chemtrails solutions $ 20 ea. for 2 oz. bottles but you need to buy two types*! Don't you think that gives this lunatic/huckster a profit motive for pushing "chemtrail" theories?

Yeah, that's a very reputable source you found!! LOL. He doesn't provide any sources to back his claims but hey if Jeff White and Jack Rense, eeer Jeff Rense and Jack White say it's true it must be!! Next thing you'll be quoting Stormfront or the Weekly World News.

rense.jpg

Jeff Rense - New Age Nazi Conman

* http://www.herbalhealer.com/air-pollution.html linked from the top of the Rense homepage notice also all the links back to rense.com on another page they are described as "personally-recommended and endorsed by Jeff Rense"

Len

PS - Jack, what ever your faults you never cease to amaze and amuse me.

Edited by Len Colby

• 1 month later...

All very funny guys...

A couple of points.

I don't think these things are chemicals (No DHMO jokes!), but I do think they are deliberate...

Here follows Seppo's totally un-scientific, un-supported observations on contrails... (All gleaned whilst on a day out at the beach, but sparked by a previous observation which occured whilst waiting for my daughter to come out of the hairdressers) :lol:

I have noticed recently how little cloud cover there appears to be these days (Global Warming?). Could it be that something is being added to jet fuel to deliberately cause clouds to form out the the vapour? I have noticed that 'contrails' appear to form most, if not all, the cloud cover on some days. If this is the case - I wouldn't really have a problem with it - if it helps.

Yes, this could simply be as case of noticing something which has always occured and I never noticed until now, but some of my non-CT friends have also noticed. Also, I made my initial (hairdresser) observations before I knew that anyone (Jack) thought there was anything to it...

Yeah, and Rense is certainly - out there (despite a 911 post re: a picture on his site) :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I thought Jack might be interested in this:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231220

It's a thread from the Professional Pilots Rumour Network, a forum for aviation professionals around the world.

Somebody brought up chemtrails there... amongst a bunch of pilots and engineers.

Their opinion? Wot a load of old cobblers. This is from the people who fly the aircraft each day, service the aircraft, build the aircraft, etc.

But then again, they are all probably in on it, right?

Evan-

That thread says it all.

BTW - Since you're obviously one of the "inside" people - Just where does the waste end up? :)

From the aircraft? It goes into a holding tank, and then is pumped out by the "xxxx Truck" on the ground. Where they get rid of it, I am not sure.