The Education Forum

JFK Assassination and the Vietnam War

John Simkin

And naturally, as reported by the NY Times' Scott Shane, NSA historian Hanyok concluded that "top N.S.A. and defense officials and Johnson neither knew about nor condoned the deception." It was the lying work of underlings that led to the Vietnam debacle.

You know, I'm starting to think that old LBJ was an all-right guy after all. The poor man got jerked around left and right. Why do people pick on him so?

And naturally, as reported by the NY Times' Scott Shane, NSA historian Hanyok concluded that "top N.S.A. and defense officials and Johnson neither knew about nor condoned the deception." It was the lying work of underlings that led to the Vietnam debacle.

You know, I'm starting to think that old LBJ was an all-right guy after all. The poor man got jerked around left and right. Why do people pick on him so?

Maybe, it's because he knew Kennedy was ging to get murdered, and he didn't do anything to stop it.

That's one good reason.

Maybe, it's because he knew Kennedy was ging to get murdered, and he didn't do anything to stop it.

That's one good reason.

I frankly do not understand this willingness to ignore the fact that Kennedy planned total withdrawal by 1965 and Lyndon did the exact opposite.

That would make Johnson's pledge of continuity, election platform, a total sham. As far as I am concerned, that is what you call a smoking canon, is that why this thread is ignored?

As for why Ron protects Johnson and Nixon, I guess he feels it's his patriotic duty. Is it a patriotic duty to lie -like to cherry pick intelligence, for the sake lulling a nation to war?

With regards to kennedy and the Vietnam war, I'm sure we are all familar with memorandum 263(or is it 261?) that Kennedy signed, presumed to be the start of the pull out from Vietnam.

Although I do personally think it is likely that Kennedy was trying to pull out I think it is worth mentioning the historical facts surrounding the early kennedy administration and Vietnam.

Lynn, this is for your benefit.

Before Kennedy came to power US presence in Vietnam was failry minimla, if anything kennedy cranked the presence up a notch by sending in 400 green berets to train South Vietnamese in counter insurgency and by the end of his tenure in office there were 16,000 'advisors' in Vietnam and about 100 had died. 16,000 was not the amount there when Kennedy went into office. I think it is worth noting as people tend to get carried away and make it sound as though Kennedy was against the presence in Vietnam all along, which he was not. It was a late decision to remove forces as things had the potential to become quite hairy, as they subsequently did.

John

Guest Stephen Turner

The Assassination was about so much more than Vietnam, Oil tax dollars, or the hurt feelings of the JCS, or CIA. It was an act of pure terrorism, that continues to hold would be political reformers in its icy grip. The graphic manner of Kennedy's death argues against it being the simple removal of a "Stone from my shoe," It was always intended to shout out a warning to those to come. YOU HOLD OFFICE BY OUR PATRONAGE, AND UNDER OUR SUFFERANCE. Welcome to the new World order.

Definition of terrorism (Oxford English dictionary) "To coerce others by the threat of violence."

The Assassination was about so much more than Vietnam, Oil tax dollars, or the hurt feelings of the JCS, or CIA. It was an act of pure terrorism, that continues to hold would be political reformers in its icy grip. The graphic manner of Kennedy's death argues against it being the simple removal of a "Stone from my shoe," It was always intended to shout out a warning to those to come. YOU HOLD OFFICE BY OUR PATRONAGE, AND UNDER OUR SUFFERANCE. Welcome to the new World order.

Definition of terrorism (Oxford English dictionary) "To coerce others by the threat of violence."

I totally agree Stephen. Brings to mind that excellent Salandria quote in Fonzi's " Last Investigation". These bastards did want us all to know that they are now in control and there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

I have had a bit of time off from court and am able to get back to Joan Mellen's book. Reading, again, about just how much power came down on Garrison is chilling.

Seeing Clinton and Bush 41 together on tv yesterday brought back 41's speech were he actually says the words: " New World Order". Ya, I'd say it's about as blatant as it gets.

Dawn

Guest Stephen Turner
Sounds like something you always say, in so many words....

"These bastards did want us all to know that they are now in control and there is not a damn thing we can do about it. "

Stop the name calling and respond to the challenge posted to you in "Question for Ron Ecker" Put up or shut up Ms Foster.