The Education Forum

25th Anniv of Lennon Murder

Tim Gratz

John - Shouldn't this thread be moved to the conspiracies section? Other than the fact they were both killed by Nixon [LOL] and had the same first name there's no connection between Lennon and JFK.

Does it qualify as a connection that the man at whose feet John Lennon fell, dying, was Jose Perdomo, a Bay of Pigs veteran?

T.C.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I went to the Dakota in the middle of the night back in 1982, on my way from Boston to D.C. Bizarre place at that late hour, with junkies straggling out of Needle Park across the street...

NYC post 80s & 90s booms and Guilliani is a very different place, few junkies or crackheads can be straggling around anywhere. Even Bed-Stuy is becoming gentrified.Most neighborhoods that were once "drug infested" are now beyond the reach of all but the wealthiest of city residents.

Unfortunately NYC lost much of its character. Quircky stores and unique but affordable eateries have been replaced by Starbucks, Urban Outfitters and trendy but generic restaraunts. High priced co-ops [apartments]replaced artist squats. There is little to distinguish most commercial streets even in neighborhoods like the East Village from similar streets in any mid to large city in America. Every time I go back [about twice a year] I get sad because some venerated old neighborhood institution has closed to make way for something far less interesting.

John - Shouldn't this thread be moved to the conspiracies section? Other than the fact they were both killed by Nixon [LOL] and had the same first name there's no connection between Lennon and JFK.

Does it qualify as a connection that the man at whose feet John Lennon fell, dying, was Jose Perdomo, a Bay of Pigs veteran?

T.C.

Tim - Do think that is anything more than coincidece?

Len

T.C.

That's interesting. I'll bet his favorite book was the Catcher in the Rye, just like George Bush Sr.

One of the EMTs asked me the same question one of the cops who were taking him to same hospital asked Lennon "Do you know who you are?”

Years ago I passed out on a street in Atlanta. (Don't ask me what that was all about.) I woke up in the hospital, and one of the people standing over me said, "Do you know where you are?" I didn't know, but as I looked around at the drab walls, with these shadowy figures standing over me, I got the impression that I was in some kind of old fort. So I said, "Fort Lauderdale?"

On Lennon, I have no doubt that it was a government hit. It fits right into the pattern of "lone-nut" assassinations from the '60s forward, complete with a magic bullet.

Stephen asks, "who is going to go to the risk of assassinating Lennon at this juncture of his life, to me it doesn't make sence." If there is anything we have learned in the last 42 years, it is that there is no "risk" involved. The sheeple expect a lone nut in these "senseless" killings, and the government ("cui bono?") is happy to provide them.

As for Nixon stammering in a news conference about "a conspiracy, er, if there was a conspiracy" re JFK, that was another worthless article linked to by Lynne quoting Nixon as saying something that he never said. Par for the course.

The day Lennon was killed I was working at the Atlantic City Sun newspaper, now defunct, then owned by Geofrey Douglas, New England blueblood, and edited by Semper Fi Charlie Montgomery, now editor at the Globe/National Enquirer in Florida.

I had already submitted my weekly music column, but when news of the assassination hit, I called in and asked to replace it with something on Lennon, who had appeared with the Beatles at Atlantic City Convnetion Hall in 1964, where the Democratic National Convention was also held that year.

Familiar with the Dakota, I knew a girl from college - UDayton,O, who lived acoss the street from the Dakota, where I had crashed on the couch a few times while in the city. I called her and she gave me the story: She was getting out of a cab with another girlfriend, new to the city, who remarked about John Lennon getting out of a limo across the street. My friend said to leave him alone, that they see him and other celebrities all the time, and would run into him again at the coffee shop in the morning, if they timed themselves right.

A few minutes later, as they got off the elevator, they heard the gunshots, went into the apartment and to the window, where they witnessed the arrest of Chapman. Since then, she said, the street was blocked off and thousands of people were outside her apartment with candles and singing.

I wrote it up, with quotes from and earwitness to the murder, and eyewitness to the arrest of the killer, which the NYTs didn't even have, and they put my column on the cover, but left off my name, a production error.

Chapman most certainly fits in with the Siran/Hinkley/Castillo mold, that he worked at one of the refugee camps where there were multible intelligence agency ops going on, and that a bay of pigs veteran would be on security at the scene, certainly makes it easier to follow the able danger dots, if anyone has the inclination to do so. I think Jan Weiner had a foia law suit on Lennon's goverment file, which documents the amount of effort the government put aganst Lennon.

There certainly are legitimate lone nuts out there - Howard Unruh comes to mind, but there's also those who have demonstratable associations with the government's mind-control/assassination programs of the 50s-70s, certainly don't qualify for lone nut category any more than Osawld does.

At first and for a long time I was unconvinced that the assassinations of JFK, MLK and RFK were related, but indeed they remain unsolved homicides, and I know that if the killers of JFK, or even Medgar Evers, were pursued and prosecuted, where ever the chips may fall, then MLK and RFK would still be alive today.

BK

One of the EMTs asked me the same question one of the cops who were taking him to same hospital asked Lennon "Do you know who you are?”

Years ago I passed out on a street in Atlanta. (Don't ask me what that was all about.) I woke up in the hospital, and one of the people standing over me said, "Do you know where you are?" I didn't know, but as I looked around at the drab walls, with these shadowy figures standing over me, I got the impression that I was in some kind of old fort. So I said, "Fort Lauderdale?"

On Lennon, I have no doubt that it was a government hit. It fits right into the pattern of "lone-nut" assassinations from the '60s forward, complete with a magic bullet.

Stephen asks, "who is going to go to the risk of assassinating Lennon at this juncture of his life, to me it doesn't make sence." If there is anything we have learned in the last 42 years, it is that there is no "risk" involved. The sheeple expect a lone nut in these "senseless" killings, and the government ("cui bono?") is happy to provide them.

As for Nixon stammering in a news conference about "a conspiracy, er, if there was a conspiracy" re JFK, that was another worthless article linked to by Lynne quoting Nixon as saying something that he never said. Par for the course.

Richard Nixon claimed that J. Edgar Hoover was his HIS "crony" and Trickie Dickie merely picked up where his crony left off.

I think, er, you are quite naive, if you dout Tricky Dicky's involvement.

Read all the books where Nixon talks about what a "phony" John Lennon was, and how much better the US would be, if his kind were stone cold "neutralized".

The murders of John Kennedy, Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy are serial, they are not isolated incidents, and Richard Nixon, who claims that Hoover was his crony, voluntarily offered the fact that he was Hoover's accomplice.

No wonder Nixon and Hoover manufactured the claim that Oswald had tried to kill him, before he allegedly murdered President Kennedy -- Nixon was so absolutely full of himself, he couldn't avoid proving his complicity.

I object to Lynne's attempt to what was intended to be a "tribute" of sorts to the memory of John Lennon into an anti-Nixon diatribe.

Take it elsewhere, Lynne, Matt, or whoever you may be.

(Did she even post her favorite Lennon song?)

Edited by Tim Gratz

Guest Stephen Turner
I object to Lynne's attempt to what was intended to be a "tribute" of sorts to the memory of John Lennon into an anti-Nixon diatribe.

Er Tim, that would be "HELP" surely.

Steve,

"I'm A Loser" could also work.

James

Guest Stephen Turner

Steve,

"I'm A Loser" could also work.

James

James, yes indeedy. as would "Across the Universe" (if only) "Day Tripper" (if only) and of course "Mind Games"

She's got us doing it again": focussing attention on her. (Tho the song list had me in stiches. "'I'm a Loser" is perfect).

12/8/80 I was in law school and that week a lot of Lennon stuff had come out: a cover story in Esquire, the Playboy interview, "Starting Over" lp, so he was on my mind as I fell aspeep that night, having just read about half the Playboy interview. Former boyfiriend- (and still good pal)- Harvey Yazijian (of Assassination Information Bureau) called me and woke me with the words " Dawn, there's been another political assassination. John Lennon's dead". My response was very primal and immediate. I could hear sreaming and it did not even feel like my own. (Later I realized that only such news about my then 7 year daughter would have affected me so vicerally).

All night radio stations kept saying the horrible news, mixed with Beatles and Lennon songs. "Across the Universe" and "I'n My Life" were the ones that hurt the most. "Nothing's goona change my world"

Next evening a candlelight vigil was ovserved at the Boston Common. Tears froze on people's faces. I recall no conversation, just terrible sorrow. Even by summer it was still raw for me. I remember sitting outside, crying while reading Lennon books and my land lord asking me if I was ok several times.

For those of us who remember the pain we felt with the murder of JFK, the Beatles caused a renewal. A reason to smile. And the witty sardonic Lennon who would become the ambassador of world peace stood for so much of what I value. So to lose this one, to another deranged lone nut, was the epitome of unfairness. Still is.

Dawn

My favorite is "She's Got a Ticket to Ride." To me it's a message of hope.

"(She's) as blind as (she) can be, just sees what (she) wants to see"...

For those who live in Texas, I saw a great bumper sticker the other day.

A reference to Kinky Friedman: "He ain't Kinky, he's my governor"

Dawn