The Education Forum

Ramsey Clark

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tim Carroll' date='Dec 7 2005, 10:43 PM' post='47790']

I find threads that contain a conclusion in the title to be skewed from the start. In this case, the title containing an assertion about someone who's "defending alleged terrorists" (as if they don't deserve a defense) is by someone who's "curious what the members here think of Ramsey Clark." We find that after some guy who wrote about MLK and JFK "in Light of the Fourth Gospel" (whatever the hell that means) is unable to get anything out of Ramsey Clark about the Kennedy assassination, another author's article is presented, again with a skewed subtitle: "Stalinist Dupe or Ruling-Class Spook?" Well howdy! That's quite a range of choice; Posner couldn't have framed it better.[

OK, so I admit it was not a very good title. I just found the article curious. I wanted to remind people that Clark is still covering up for the WC, and so I referred to the interview that he did with a FRIEND OF HIS. Douglas has done a lot of fantastic work for the casue of peace. He's someone who actually walks the walk, not just talks the talk. I guess just the word "gospel" gets your nickers twisted, but it is a beautiful essay. I wish it were online.

I did not choose the article title, just find it curious. Of course all defendants deserve a good defense. I would not have been a defense attorney if I did not seriously believe this, so I am not casting aspersions on Clark for whom he chooses to defend. Only that he still backs the fraudulant WC. I guess if you take up enough good causes some here will give you a pass re the WC. I don't. As much as I admire the work Clark has gone on to do, that he will not even discuss the WC with a good friend of his detracts from his causes. Same goes for Bill Moyers. I like what he's done over the years on public tv, but he's still a cover-up artist when it comes to this most sordid event in our history.

Dawn

[quote name='Tim Carroll' date='Dec 7 2005, 10:43 PM' post='47790']

I find threads that contain a conclusion in the title to be skewed from the start. In this case, the title containing an assertion about someone who's "defending alleged terrorists" (as if they don't deserve a defense) is by someone who's "curious what the members here think of Ramsey Clark." We find that after some guy who wrote about MLK and JFK "in Light of the Fourth Gospel" (whatever the hell that means) is unable to get anything out of Ramsey Clark about the Kennedy assassination, another author's article is presented, again with a skewed subtitle: "Stalinist Dupe or Ruling-Class Spook?" Well howdy! That's quite a range of choice; Posner couldn't have framed it better.[

OK, so I admit it was not a very good title. I just found the article curious. I wanted to remind people that Clark is still covering up for the WC, and so I referred to the interview that he did with a FRIEND OF HIS. Douglas has done a lot of fantastic work for the casue of peace. He's someone who actually walks the walk, not just talks the talk. I guess just the word "gospel" gets your nickers twisted, but it is a beautiful essay. I wish it were online.

I did not choose the article title, just find it curious. Of course all defendants deserve a good defense. I would not have been a defense attorney if I did not seriously believe this, so I am not casting aspersions on Clark for whom he chooses to defend. Only that he still backs the fraudulant WC. I guess if you take up enough good causes some here will give you a pass re the WC. I don't. As much as I admire the work Clark has gone on to do, that he will not even discuss the WC with a good friend of his detracts from his causes. Same goes for Bill Moyers. I like what he's done over the years on public tv, but he's still a cover-up artist when it comes to this most sordid event in our history.

Dawn

My initial reaction to Ramsey Clark's activities these day's is.

Q. What happens to a member of the 'Old Guard" who aids and abets the biggest coverup of the last 43 years, and then has an 'extremely delayed attack of conscience'?

A. He 'joins the opposition, and becomes marginalized' by being "out of the mainstream of American culture," but not necessarily in that order.

Which goes to prove what a wise man once said - "Virtue, is it's own reward."

As has been pointed out now numerous times on this fourm: Since the advent of Lynne/Mat the level of debate has fallen here. Like all net trolls this is her mission: as well as putting nasty computer viruses on anyone foolish enough to open her cartoon links.

So long as people respond to this two- bit________, she will keep spamming this forum.

I am going to take the advice of several other posters and block her posts.

(Go to control panel menu, then to options for "manage ignored users", then add name of person to be

blocked.)

Have a wonderful life Mat/Lynne.

Dawn

This is from the Seattle Times:

Clark has known Saddam for nearly 15 years. He met him on a visit to Iraq before the 1991 Persian Gulf War and returned several times to condemn U.N. sanctions, saying they were imposing hardship on Iraqi citizens.

Although Clark signed on to Saddam's defense team last January, becoming one of more than 20 lawyers who are representing him, Monday's proceedings were the American lawyer's first substantial performance in the Arab-run courtroom.

Family members and longtime associates say Clark's intense — critics would say misguided — sense of fair play is deeply rooted in his own history.

One of his two children, Ronda, was born severely handicapped, and Clark and his wife, Georgia, have devoted much of their lives to her well-being.

"Ronda is a lesson in love that made him even more compassionate and perhaps an advocate for the underdog," his sister said.

This is from the Seattle Times:

Clark has known Saddam for nearly 15 years. He met him on a visit to Iraq before the 1991 Persian Gulf War and returned several times to condemn U.N. sanctions, saying they were imposing hardship on Iraqi citizens.

Although Clark signed on to Saddam's defense team last January, becoming one of more than 20 lawyers who are representing him, Monday's proceedings were the American lawyer's first substantial performance in the Arab-run courtroom.

Family members and longtime associates say Clark's intense — critics would say misguided — sense of fair play is deeply rooted in his own history.

One of his two children, Ronda, was born severely handicapped, and Clark and his wife, Georgia, have devoted much of their lives to her well-being.

"Ronda is a lesson in love that made him even more compassionate and perhaps an advocate for the underdog," his sister said.

Clark became an enemy of the "establishment" shortly after his run as AG. He took from his experience that most criminals were victims of their environment, and were not innately bad people, and wrote a book about it. This is not what the Nixon Administration, which had come into office with a "tough on crime" agenda, i.e. a "refuse to accept responsibility for the decaying inner cities" agenda, wanted to hear. Nixon and Hoover then teamed up to use their media sources and have Clark painted as a nutty bleeding heart. To everyone's surprise, one would guess, Clark adopted the Nixon/Hoover-commissioned portrait of himself as his self-portrait.

Clark was always some what of a conumdrum. His founding the IAC closely associated with the WWP indicates that his association with mass murders is ideological rather that out of a lawyers obligation to represent even the most repulsive defendants. Just because he's against Bush doesn't mean I support some one who is buddies with Saddam. Milosovich, Kadzic and the North Korean and Chinese Governments

1] Are you cognitively impared?

2] Do you take mood altering drugs?

- If you don't maybe you should start, I you do may you should stop or up the dosage.

i'll wait about 24 hours for your reply then I'm going to add you to my ignore list. I always though this was a lame tactict but I waste too much of my time reading and replying to your posts.