The Education Forum

The JFK Grand Jury: The Evidence

John Simkin

The admission of photographic evidence in a court of law in the USA is a matter of dispute.

The development of photographic techniques that make forgery and tampering so easy and prevlant also make it less difinitive in a court of law.

While photo evidence can and does assit in the investigation of a crime, photographs and films are not good primary evidence by itself.

The provenance of the photo/film must be maintained - not only established - the source must be known as well as origin - the identity of the photographer/cameraman, and chain of ownership.

Identities of persons in photos and films are less certain than fingerprints.

Photos, like most exhibits, cannot be entered into evidence alone - but must be accompanied by a witness, an eyewitness or expert witness, and brought up in the course of sworn testimony.

Someone, in another post, questioned whether Facial Recognition Software could be used as an aide in identifying the people in the photos - and it can and should be used, for the Tramps, the Man in MC and the Men at the Amabassador.

There are a number of good companies that do Facial Recognition work in Security and crowd control, but its use in this area would be unique and a possible court test as to its validity.

I'm sure there's people out there who know more about the state of the art of Facial Recognition work and I'd like to hear from them.

BK

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

Before the petition is presented to a DA, is there any way to legally erase or eliminate the few obvious wackos who "signed" the petiton and made really strange comments on it?

Thanks, Thomas

Hi Thom,

Yes, the names on the internet petition on line will be included, their comments will not.

BK

Bill,

Some of the names will need to be removed as well, such as "Fox Mulder". I think there are a few others.

RJS

Bill,

Before the petition is presented to a DA, is there any way to legally erase or eliminate the few obvious wackos who "signed" the petiton and made really strange comments on it?

Thanks, Thomas

Hi Thom,

Yes, the names on the internet petition on line will be included, their comments will not.

BK

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your interest, but as I explained to Thom, the signatures will be realligned to present the most compelling at the top, as the readers of the petition will probably glance at the signatures, read the petition quickly and then go to the accompaning attachment of evidence, witnesses and outstanding questions, all of which will be more important in determining the rejection or acceptance of the request than the signaures.

The signatures are an important part of the process and will become part of the court record when a Grand Jury is actually convened.

There is however, a suggestion and a slowly moving effort to adopt Jeff Morley's strategy of taking out a display advertisment in a target publication - such as the NYT or WP or both - and printing the petition, the list of primary evidence and outstanding questions followed by the names of those who not only signed the petition, but those who chipped in and paid for the ad, which really should get their attention and require a response.

I would also like to redirect this thread, as John Simkin suggested, towards The Evidence, rather than the signatures.

When I listed the Zapruder film as Exhibit A - the first item of evidence entered into the record - I expected a firestorm of controversary - but no one said a peep.

Bill Kelly

Bill,

Some of the names will need to be removed as well, such as "Fox Mulder". I think there are a few others.

RJS

• 10 months later...
Bill Kelly has started a very important thread on establishing a JFK Grand Jury. To quote Bill:

Unsolved cold cases, especially homicides, are reviewed every few years, sometimes by a new detective who looks over old evidence to see if there is anything that has been overlooked, or if there is any previously unknown evidence or witnesses, or recently developed scientific tools that could be used to help solve the crime. There is no statute of limitations on murder, under the rules of criminal procedure homicide is given precedence over all other crimes, and once accumulated, the evidence in a homicide is presented to a grand jury

Independent researchers, journalists and ordinary citizens can identify evidence, uncover conspiracies and witness crimes, but if there is no case, no grand jury, no place to present the evidence, then there is no justice. As Mr. Civiletti explained to the HSCA, the DOJ "seldom turns down exploring at least, or reviewing a petition or reasonable request…"

Towards the development of a legal case, the grand jury Petition-Request is a citizen's petition to a District Attorney responsible for prosecuting offenders to request a grand jury be convened to review the facts of a case and determine if there is enough evidence to indict someone for a crime.

A grand jury is asked to decide, not guilt or innocence, but whether there is enough evidence to have a person brought to trial for a crime. The grand jury only hears evidence of guilt, but does not render a verdict. Its decision is whether to indict, which is merely an accusation, or not to indict. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law; where the rules of evidence preclude hearsay evidence and allows the defense attorney the opportunity to cross-examine witnesses. Hearsay is allowed, and witnesses must testify before a grand jury without counsel, as all attorneys other than the prosecutor are not permitted in the grand jury room.

If the grand jury determines there is enough evidence, they vote a "True Bill" and indict someone for a crime.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5634

I suggest we use this thread to accumulate the evidence.

I wanted to revive this thead so there can be a place we can discuss the types of evidence that can be brought before a grand jury in the USA.

It is now relevant because I am going to begin a Virtual Grand Jury in which the evidence of crimes related to the assassination will be presented.

While there are multible crime scenes - Dealey Plaza, the Car, TSBD, Parkland Hospital, 10th and Patton, movie theater, DPDHQ, Love Field, AF1, Andrews AFB and Bathesda, it is necessary to concentrate on one at a time, beginning with Dealey Plaza.

BK

• 1 year later...
Bill Kelly has started a very important thread on establishing a JFK Grand Jury. To quote Bill:

Unsolved cold cases, especially homicides, are reviewed every few years, sometimes by a new detective who looks over old evidence to see if there is anything that has been overlooked, or if there is any previously unknown evidence or witnesses, or recently developed scientific tools that could be used to help solve the crime. There is no statute of limitations on murder, under the rules of criminal procedure homicide is given precedence over all other crimes, and once accumulated, the evidence in a homicide is presented to a grand jury

Independent researchers, journalists and ordinary citizens can identify evidence, uncover conspiracies and witness crimes, but if there is no case, no grand jury, no place to present the evidence, then there is no justice. As Mr. Civiletti explained to the HSCA, the DOJ "seldom turns down exploring at least, or reviewing a petition or reasonable request…"

Towards the development of a legal case, the grand jury Petition-Request is a citizen's petition to a District Attorney responsible for prosecuting offenders to request a grand jury be convened to review the facts of a case and determine if there is enough evidence to indict someone for a crime.

A grand jury is asked to decide, not guilt or innocence, but whether there is enough evidence to have a person brought to trial for a crime. The grand jury only hears evidence of guilt, but does not render a verdict. Its decision is whether to indict, which is merely an accusation, or not to indict. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law; where the rules of evidence preclude hearsay evidence and allows the defense attorney the opportunity to cross-examine witnesses. Hearsay is allowed, and witnesses must testify before a grand jury without counsel, as all attorneys other than the prosecutor are not permitted in the grand jury room.

If the grand jury determines there is enough evidence, they vote a "True Bill" and indict someone for a crime.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5634

I suggest we use this thread to accumulate the evidence.

I wanted to revive this thead so there can be a place we can discuss the types of evidence that can be brought before a grand jury in the USA.

It is now relevant because I am going to begin a Virtual Grand Jury in which the evidence of crimes related to the assassination will be presented.

While there are multible crime scenes - Dealey Plaza, the Car, TSBD, Parkland Hospital, 10th and Patton, movie theater, DPDHQ, Love Field, AF1, Andrews AFB and Bathesda, it is necessary to concentrate on one at a time, beginning with Dealey Plaza.

BK

While there might not be a real grand jury investigation soon, one way to persuade a DA is to show him the evidence, as it would be presented to a real grand jury.

When I was in Dallas for a conference I met a women who was a professional juror, who worked for an Irving, Texas company that put on Mock Trials, which were paid for by insurance companies and companies being sued, so they could determine what a jury would do before deciding whether it would be worth going to trial or pay out before one began.

With this in mind, I want to put on a JFK Mock Grand Jury, not a trial, but a real, mock grand jury, complete with real jurors, prosecutors and witnesses.

While that will take time, I've come up with another, less expensive or complicated idea - a Virtual Simulated Mock Grand Jury - VSM GJ, which would be done over the internet.

While I have real prosecutors willing to work on it, and many witnesses are willing to participate, one measuring stick that must be filled are the jurors.

I think there are enough people out there with time on their hands and interest in the case to participate - meaning that you will have to follow through on reading all that's posted on the Grand Jury web site - and follow the witness testimony and read the records entered into evidence.

Since it won't take place in real time - you can log on at your convenience to fullfull your duties as a grand juror, but would have to do it for about an hour every day for a number of weeks.

Jurors will be able to ask questions of witnesses and prosecutors, and in the end, vote on whether to require additional investigation, issue a report or indict someone for a crime related to the assassination.

The first Virtually Simulated Mock Grand Jury will be on the JFK assassination, and will be a sort of dry run for further experiments - with another grand jury on the Tippit murder down the line.

The first VSM GJ will be international, with the only requirement being that you can read, speak and write the English language - and a request that you keep an open mind and base any questions or make any judgements based on the evidence presented, and not on some book you read.

Later, I would like to refine the experiment, and do a second Virtually Simulated Mock Grand Jury with only USA citizens, and run it as a Special Federal Grand Jury, which has different rules and powers than a regular grand jury.

It would be really great if there were twenty some people in Texas who would agree to participate in a Texas Grand Jury, and if possible, a specific VSM GJ made up of people from Dallas County, and run through the Tippit murder evidence.

I'm just throwing this out there to see if there are twenty some people who would like to play the roles of grand jurors, and virtually simulate what would happen if the real evidence were presented to a grand jury.

This will be an educational project, designed to make people familiar with the grand jury system of justice in the USA and the evidence in the case, and to see what would happen if the American system of justice was required to act on this case.

Those interested can respond here or write to me:

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Thanks for your interest,

Bill Kelly