The Education Forum

Glaze Letters

Has anyone seen the 1989 letter from Glaze to the Alternative Information Network (?) that wound up in the hands of Larry Ray Harris? That's the second Glaze letter, and it (apparently) had the key information about Bill Shelley and the CIA. Glaze actually interviewed Bill Shelley at some point in the 1970's! None of us believe (I don't think so, anyway) that Shelley was a Langley - trained CIA operative, a sworn federal agent, but it is certainly possible that he was a contact, a source of information, a "PCI", an "asset" or whatever term the Federal Intelligence Agencies call those kind of people.

Thanks to Malcolm Blunt, we have the first letter, but I'd like to look at the second one. How do we get a copy?

Bart, do you have it?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Elzie Dean Glaze is dead.

Below is his obituary published in the Austin American Statesman on December 15, 2019

1553700518_glazepic.jpg.9f061a797d11881994054ec33bab4d79.jpg

GLAZE, Elzie Dean Age 66, is celebrated by his family for his compassion, humor and willingness to help family, friends and the world at large. He was an accomplished journalist and author and had worked as a radio engineer in his early career. For many years he assisted organizations that helped veterans, monitored the nuclear power industry, and worked to ensure basic human rights. He had keen interests in history and weather, and much of his writing related to these. He followed environmental concerns and space exploration, and he enjoyed playing and watching sports. He was fortunate to have many travels, including celebration of his 60th birthday in Antarctica. Dean was the son of Elzie L. Glaze and Geneva I. Glaze and was born in Lubbock, Texas. He passed away on November 15, 2019, after a fall causing brain injury. He is loved and will always be remembered by his wife Sylvia Glaze, daughter Hailey Glaze, and sister, brothers, nieces, nephews and friends. He enjoyed giving to others, and loved the companionship of his four dogs. Many notes and gifts, often created by him, are left for us as a tribute to his kindness and love.

Below is a copy of his 1989 letter that I got from Larry Ray Harris, who did the highlighting:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6bb02122777b49633867b407c5a739d2.jpg

835200014_glazeletter2.jpg.20eb017658dc2fd1874254ec302e0857.jpg

When I wrote to him in 1999, he sent to me the followng reply:

July 14, 1999

Dear Mr. Weston,

Received your letter of July 7, 1999. Thank you for your kind words and interest. All that I know – and the attending dead ends – were passed along to a researcher and author in Dallas a few years ago. He is about to publish his book and, as you can understand, friendship and loyalty make me reluctant to discuss this matter with anyone else. It’s perhaps a moot point anyway, because based on what you’ve told me, you now know more than  I do. Mine was a happenstance meeting and short, casual friendship with a man who appeared to have fallen through the cracks. Had the seemingly insignificant trail of bread crumbs I stumbled across had not been so avidly guarded, I might never have given it a second thought. My actions were less courageous than they were the result of being naïve. I was up to my neck before I realized it. You may have noticed that at the end of my letter to “Alternative Views” [the Alternative Information Network] I carbon-copied to “my will.” It was intended as a jab at myself lest I get too full of myself rereading it 50 years from now.

With that, I pass along my rather tiny candle, plus my best wishes and encouragement. Those generations who were there in 1963 are grateful that people like you are continuing the pursuit and taking another look at events which may have been too shocking for the rest of us to ever fully comprehend. Perhaps that is why I was so unprepared during that brief step into the looking glass.

Sincerely,

Dean Glaze

As far as I know, the book by the unknown Dallas author who got an interview with Mr. Glaze has not been published.

glaze letter 1.jpg

image.png

Edited by William Weston