The Education Forum

DPD Criminal intel report 6/8/67.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

I came across this report on a Dallas newspaper archive site.

to, Capt WF Dyson.

admin services.

Dallas police dept.

SUBJECT, CRIMINAL INTELLIGENCE.

MICHEAL R PAYNE.

Subject and his Wife Ruth Payne were associates of Lee Harvey Oswald.

Undersigned officers observed the following vehicle parked on the driveway of subjects residence, 1208, WOODLEIGH, IRVING TEXAS, on June 7th, 1967.

HGH-237, 1959 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR COLOR GREEN & WHITE STATION WAGON, Registered to GENE COWDEN WALKER, 4610 BLUFFVIEW BOULEVARD.

Resctfully submitted

AJ Carroll Jr patrolman, Criminal intelligence section.

WW westphal, detective Crininal intelligence section.

Comments, The indices of the criminal intel section were searched with negative results regarding Walker.

Two questions come to mind. 1, Why are the criminal intel section of the DPD still this interested in the Payne's, nearly four years after the assassination. 2, Just who was/is Gene Cowden Walker. interesting last name..

Stephen,

I came across this report on a Dallas newspaper archive site.

Two questions come to mind. 1, Why are the criminal intel section of the DPD still this interested in the Payne's, nearly four years after the assassination. 2, Just who was/is Gene Cowden Walker. interesting last name..

It wasn't just the Paine's. From what I've been able to gather, even though the Dallas PD publicly claimed that they had solved the case, they continued to keep tabs on the principals involved for many years to come.

If you look in Box 18, Folder# 1, Item# 30 of the DPD archives

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box18.htm

there is also a 1967 report on George DeMohrenschildt and a 1962 Ford convertible parked in HIS driveway.

The Garrison investigation apparently had them rattled - there is a flurry of newspaper articles and reports filed in the 1967 and 1968 time frame. Look in Box 14 of the DPD archives

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box14.htm

BTW, what Dallas newspaper archive site were you looking at?

Steve Thomas

Guest Stephen Turner

[/url]

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve, the site is "City of Dallas archives, JFK collection" city of dallas archives it is item number 27. I believe your right about Jimbo stiring up the hornets nest, there are several other reports here eminating from the same patrolman concerning Garrisons investigation. Regards, Steve..

[/url]

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve, the site is "City of Dallas archives, JFK collection" city of dallas archives it is item number 27. I believe your right about Jimbo stiring up the hornets nest, there are several other reports here eminating from the same patrolman concerning Garrisons investigation. Regards, Steve..

"HGH-237, 1959 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR COLOR GREEN & WHITE STATION WAGON, Registered to GENE COWDEN WALKER, 4610 BLUFFVIEW BOULEVARD.

Resctfully submitted

AJ Carroll Jr patrolman, Criminal intelligence section."

another curiosity is that of the arresting officers at the theatre there appears a BK Carroll and a CT Walker. (of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Some names are a dime a dozen. Particularly the old southerners like Walker. But on the other hand families have their own get togethers and interests. I suppose the possibility that an interest is there for BK Carroll arising from his being at Lees arrest is passed on to AJ Carroll Jr etc.)

Edited by John Dolva

On topic / off topic - any help appreciated.

In the case of Jim Conner's mother, Lee Whatley as she was known, Jim has said that aside from having reported the parking lot incident to Roy Truly, including the make, model, color and license tag of the car parked in her spot the morning of 11/22/63, she also gave the same information to the DPD - maybe to the FBI as well. There is no record. How does one go about determining if the DPD has additional files which have not been relased? Call them directly?

- lee

Evidence indicates the only military figures who were fully informed include Joint Chiefs chairman Gen. Maxwell Taylor, Defense Intelligence Agency chief Gen. Joseph Carroll, and Secretary of the Army Cyrus Vance. Oh, my gosh!!! The last name of the chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency (the agency which was running Oswald) was Carroll? Say it isn't so, Tim!
"HGH-237, 1959 PLYMOUTH 4 DOOR COLOR GREEN & WHITE STATION WAGON, Registered to GENE COWDEN WALKER, 4610 BLUFFVIEW BOULEVARD. Resctfully submitted AJ Carroll Jr patrolman, Criminal intelligence section." another curiosity is that of the arresting officers at the theatre there appears a BK Carroll and a CT Walker. (of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Some names are a dime a dozen. Particularly the old southerners like Walker. But on the other hand families have their own get togethers and interests. I suppose the possibility that an interest is there for BK Carroll arising from his being at Lees arrest is passed on to AJ Carroll Jr etc.)

Some names are a dime a dozen - indeed!

Tim Carroll

Just who was/is Gene Cowden Walker. interesting last name.. (Stephen Turner)

Hi Steve,

I too was interested in Gene Cowden Walker. I did track Walker down and wrote to him about 18 months ago. He has yet to reply.

If you are interested in following it up, email me and I can give you his address.

Cheers,

James

Guest Stephen Turner
Just who was/is Gene Cowden Walker. interesting last name.. (Stephen Turner)

Hi Steve,

I too was interested in Gene Cowden Walker. I did track Walker down and wrote to him about 18 months ago. He has yet to reply.

If you are interested in following it up, email me and I can give you his address.

Cheers,

James

Thanks James, will do...