The Education Forum

Arlen Specter's latest triumph

Ron Ecker

Specter was instrumental in getting a new federal law passed that makes it illegal to annoy someone on the Internet without disclosing your true identity. IOW if you participate in an internet forum that does not require you to use your real name, and you piss off some other member with something that you post on the forum, you have committed a federal crime.

This is not a joke.

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance%...22491&subj=news

Edited by Ron Ecker

Specter was instrumental in getting a new federal law passed that makes it illegal to annoy someone on the Internet without disclosing your true identity. IOW if you participate in an internet forum that does not require you to use your real name, and you piss off some other member with something that you post on the forum, you have committed a federal crime.

This is not a joke.

What would be of more interest is exactly "WHY" Mr. Specter actually went against the majority of his party and as a result, is greatly responsible for having "saved" the Democratic Presidency of Bill Clinton.

What would be of more interest is exactly "WHY" Mr. Specter actually went against the majority of his party and as a result, is greatly responsible for having "saved" the Democratic Presidency of Bill Clinton.

Tom, I find that an annoying question. Lucky for you that you've used your real name.

Guest Stephen Turner

This is not a joke.

Only of more interest to you apparantly. I suggest you swallow a big "get over it pill" Steve Turner, or is it?

This is not a joke.

Only of more interest to you apparantly. I suggest you swallow a big "get over it pill" Steve Turner, or is it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perpaps only of interest to me! However, the entire real of politics which surround Arlen Specter from his early failures to his subsequent success, represent a good study in American Politics.

A principal in any engagement is to know your enemy, and rest assured that Arlen Specter is an enemy of truth.

As to the "get over it pill", perhaps it is you that has choked on whatever you speak of, as you make reference to some unknown which makes little sense.

Have you ever spoken with Ms. Anita Hill on the subject of Arlen Specter?

If not, then you are far behind in your research work, as I spoke with Ms. Hill multiple times years ago.

Have you bothered to check out the Russian Jew family background of Arlen Specter and exactly when his Russian born father immigrated to the US?

Have you bothered to check out the extremely "elite" Fraternity to which Arlen Specter belonged, along with a host of others on the WC?

If by your "get over it" comment you refer to Bill Clinton, then rest assured that we need a lot more intelligent and smart ones like him.

I personally would support an amendment which required all presidential nominees to have to be a Rhodes Scholar, as I definitely prefer the smart ones to be in office.

A completely honest politician can not survive in the DC climate! Ask Jimmy Carter and read up on what the Rockefeller's and Kissingers, etc did to sabotage his administration.

Therefore a good Rhodes Scholar/aka intelligent/self-thinking person, with the political survivability experience of Bill Clinton is what this country could certainly use.

Had Clinton not had to spend so much of his time dodging the bullets of the other side, who knows what additional advances we could have made.

Certainly glad that someone gave him whatever "bullets" he needed to make Arlen Specter have to vote "not proven, therefore not guilty".

Sen Specter is my least favorite Republican and I had hoped his last primary challenger would defeat him.

Are members familiar with the revelation about Specter in "Ultimate Justice"?

Certainly the use of the word "annoy" in the new statute is problematic and may subject it to a successful attack on its constitutionality. I could support a law that merely prohibited anonymous threats and harrassment.

Thomas wrote:

Have you bothered to check out the Russian Jew family background of Arlen Specter and exactly when his Russian born father immigrated to the US?

What has this to do with anything?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Sen Specter is my least favorite Republican and I had hoped his last primary challenger would defeat him.

Specter's challenger was a holy roller lapdog and I'm glad Specter won. That said, I believe Specter has been less than honest on a number of occasions. His book, Passion for Truth, is one of the more self-serving memoirs I've read. The man clearly has an ENORMOUS ego.

Even so, I think he served the country well on at least two occasions. One occasion would be his shooting down of Robert Bork. Specter's account of this in Passion for Truth is quite interesting. The other occasion that comes to mind is his efforts at preventing Clinton's impeachment. If Scaife, Starr, Hyde etc. had been allowed to get away with their witch hunt, it would have been a travesty. On the other hand, it might have prepared Gore for the Bush-league tactics employed by the right in Florida.

Pat, I assume you know there are differences between fundamentalist or conservative Christians and "holy rollers". "Holy rollers" usually refer to sects that emphasize emotionalism and emotional displays over sound doctrine and reason. I doubt that the primary candidate against Specter was a "holy roller".

Specter's challenger was a holy roller lapdog and I'm glad Specter won. That said, I believe Specter has been less than honest on a number of occasions. His book, Passion for Truth, is one of the more self-serving memoirs I've read. The man clearly has an ENORMOUS ego.

Even so, I think he served the country well on at least two occasions. One occasion would be his shooting down of Robert Bork. Specter's account of this in Passion for Truth is quite interesting. The other occasion that comes to mind is his efforts at preventing Clinton's impeachment. If Scaife, Starr, Hyde etc. had been allowed to get away with their witch hunt, it would have been a travesty. On the other hand, it might have prepared Gore for the Bush-league tactics employed by the right in Florida.

Specter's account of this in Passion for Truth is quite interesting

The Testimony of John B. Connally

Mr. SPECTER. I have just one other question, Governor. With respect to the films and the slides which you have viewed this morning, had you ever seen those pictures before this morning?

Governor CONNALLY. I had seen what purported to be a copy of the film when I was in the hospital in Dallas. I had not seen the slides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PASSION FOR TRUTH

(page 71)

"Watching Governor John Connally watch himself get shot in the Zapruder film was fascinating. I had already seen the historic amateur movie hundreds of times, so I was primarily interested in the reactions of the governor and Mrs. Connally as they viewed the film for the first time."

"We showed the film to the governor, Mrs. Connally, and Texas Attorney Waggoner Carr, who had accompanied them to the commission offices, as a preliminary to the governor's testimony on the afternoon of April 22, 1964."

Either I was not aware of the factoid that Specter visited Parkland Hospital and he and JBC viewed the film together there, or else I am aware of the fact that Specter may have "Passion", yet it is hardly for the truth.

Another wonderful quote from the book is as follows:

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts."

How true, how true it is Mr. Specter!

Guest Stephen Turner

This is not a joke.

Perpaps only of interest to me! However, the entire real of politics which surround Arlen Specter from his early failures to his subsequent success, represent a good study in American Politics.

A principal in any engagement is to know your enemy, and rest assured that Arlen Specter is an enemy of truth.

As to the "get over it pill", perhaps it is you that has choked on whatever you speak of, as you make reference to some unknown which makes little sense.

ST, Huh,

If not, then you are far behind in your research work, as I spoke with Ms. Hill multiple times years ago.

ST,So anyone who hasnt spoken face to face with Ms Hill is "Far behind in their research", my guess would be thats about 95% of forum members, bit like your claim that anyone who had not lived in New orleans could not understand the reasons behind the assassination. anyway, care to spill the beans on what Ms Hill had to say?

ST, No should I? care to explain what relevance this has?

Have you bothered to check out the extremely "elite" Fraternity to which Arlen Specter belonged, along with a host of others on the WC?

ST, Yes, and?

If by your "get over it" comment you refer to Bill Clinton, then rest assured that we need a lot more intelligent and smart ones like him.

I personally would support an amendment which required all presidential nominees to have to be a Rhodes Scholar, as I definitely prefer the smart ones to be in office.

ST, How anyone could have guessed this from the tone of your first post escapes me.

A completely honest politician can not survive in the DC climate! Ask Jimmy Carter and read up on what the Rockefeller's and Kissingers, etc did to sabotage his administration.

Therefore a good Rhodes Scholar/aka intelligent/self-thinking person, with the political survivability experience of Bill Clinton is what this country could certainly use.

Had Clinton not had to spend so much of his time dodging the bullets of the other side, who knows what additional advances we could have made.

Certainly glad that someone gave him whatever "bullets" he needed to make Arlen Specter have to vote "not proven, therefore not guilty".

This is not a joke.

ST, Huh,

ST,So anyone who hasnt spoken face to face with Ms Hill is "Far behind in their research", my guess would be thats about 95% of forum members, bit like your claim that anyone who had not lived in New orleans could not understand the reasons behind the assassination. anyway, care to spill the beans on what Ms Hill had to say?

ST, Yes, and?

ST, How anyone could have guessed this from the tone of your first post escapes me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One can sit on the sideline and read and speak of the south, and/or New Orleans all day long, and not unlike combat, it is merely is what they and/or others think.

If you have not been there and lived it, then it is most unllikely that you will ever understand it.

And, Ms. Hill is an integral part of understanding and researching of Arlen Specter, his means, his motives, his life, etc.

In that regard, it is also supposed that you have never been in contact with Mr. Friend of Harrisburg, PA either, since you appear to have not taken the time to study the subject matter of "Arlen Specter".

People "read" into things, what they want to, not necessarily what is meant.

So goes the english language along with our own perceptions.

Last time that I checked, there was considerable correlations between the Soviet Union and persons involved in the JFK assassination.

Last time that I checked, there was considerable correlations between persons of the Jewish faith and their background histories which lead directly to the Soviet Union.

Last time that I checked, there was considerable correlations between Jack Ruby, former Soviet Jews, importation of Carcano weapons, etc; etc; etc.

Might I recommend that you begin your "quest" in finding out exactly where the mother of Jack Ruby died.

Then one just might want to check out the telephone calls of one Lawrence V. Meyers, as there were far more connections to Jack Ruby than just the trips to Dallas.

Based on your quite incorrect assumptions as regards my personal opinions of Bill Clinton and his presidency, as well as an apparant lack of "follow through" in researching the subjet matters of those persons associated with the JFK assassination, it would appear that you have much homework to do, as well as a few trips in which one should make an attempt to understand and place into perspective the sociological and political climates from which these persons originated.

Tom P.

P.S. Rest assured that I also believe Ms. Hill's version'(s) of the events, which tends to demonstrate that Specter was also a "hatchet man" for someone.

P.S. Rest assured that I also believe Ms. Hill's version'(s) of the events, which tends to demonstrate that Specter was also a "hatchet man" for someone.

While Specter has been a periodic hatchet man, he has also been a periodic lone wolf. This week's Newsweek article on the secret spying controversy discusses the September 2001 congressional resolution authorizing force against terrorism (cited by the adminsitration as authorizing their acts), and notes "Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Arlen Specter wanted to limit the scope of the measure, but he was successfully rolled."

Intriguingly, the article also notes that the number 2 man in the Justice Department, James Comey, forced the White House to back away from their torture memo authorizing intelligence agencies to use torture up to the level of pain associated with organ failure. It says that in 2004, when there was clearly no longer a need for emergency measures, Comey tried to force the Administration to re-justify their use of unauthorized spying and open it up to discussion. It notes that the current AG, Alberto Gonzales (one wonders if Bush appointed him in part because it would help him keep the initials straight) who was then a Bush puppet lawyer, approached former AG John Ashcroft in the hospital to try and get him to over-rule Comey, but that Ashcroft REFUSED. Of course, Ashcroft was forced out within months and replaced by Gonzales, and Comey--I wonder where he is. Anyhow, the compromise forced by Comey was that the Administration would finally create GUIDELINES which would helpthem determine who could be spied upon. Yep, as I feared, there were NO GUIDELINES in place up until that point. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if somewhere in the NSA's vaults are files on John Kerry, Dan Rather, etc...

In sum, you know things are bad when John Ashcroft and Arlen Specter look like the good guys... and even worse when the attorney general of the United States in charge of applying our laws has been appointed to his position precisely because he believes the laws don't apply to the President. It really makes you wonder how far we will swirl down the toilet before the next election.

Guest Stephen Turner

This is not a joke.

ST, Huh,

ST, Yes, and?

One can sit on the sideline and read and speak of the south, and/or New Orleans all day long, and not unlike combat, it is merely is what they and/or others think.

If you have not been there and lived it, then it is most unllikely that you will ever understand it.

And, Ms. Hill is an integral part of understanding and researching of Arlen Specter, his means, his motives, his life, etc.

In that regard, it is also supposed that you have never been in contact with Mr. Friend of Harrisburg, PA either, since you appear to have not taken the time to study the subject matter of "Arlen Specter".

Last time that I checked, there was considerable correlations between the Soviet Union and persons involved in the JFK assassination.

Last time that I checked, there was considerable correlations between persons of the Jewish faith and their background histories which lead directly to the Soviet Union.

Last time that I checked, there was considerable correlations between Jack Ruby, former Soviet Jews, importation of Carcano weapons, etc; etc; etc.

Might I recommend that you begin your "quest" in finding out exactly where the mother of Jack Ruby died.

Then one just might want to check out the telephone calls of one Lawrence V. Meyers, as there were far more connections to Jack Ruby than just the trips to Dallas.

Based on your quite incorrect assumptions as regards my personal opinions of Bill Clinton and his presidency, as well as an apparant lack of "follow through" in researching the subjet matters of those persons associated with the JFK assassination, it would appear that you have much homework to do, as well as a few trips in which one should make an attempt to understand and place into perspective the sociological and political climates from which these persons originated.

Tom P.

Tom, is the patronising attitude natural, or did it require much hard work on your behalf? once more a post of smoke and mirrors in which, once again, you slyly insinuate that you are master of every nut and bolt of the case, and those who have not researched the areas you have choosen are dancing in the dark. Well here's my task for you, lay it out for us mere mortals, the whole shebang, not shoping lists of New orleans companys, or hints at deep conections, just the facts as you see them. Maybe then we can make our own minds up as to whether you actually KNOW anything worth the knowing, or are just a prussian dance master in search of a partner. I am being serious, I promise to give full weight to anything you post, but I wont hold my breath...

This is not a joke.

ST, Huh,

ST, Yes, and?

Tom P.

Tom, is the patronising attitude natural, or did it require much hard work on your behalf? once more a post of smoke and mirrors in which, once again, you slyly insinuate that you are master of every nut and bolt of the case, and those who have not researched the areas you have choosen are dancing in the dark. Well here's my task for you, lay it out for us mere mortals, the whole shebang, not shoping lists of New orleans companys, or hints at deep conections, just the facts as you see them. Maybe then we can make our own minds up as to whether you actually KNOW anything worth the knowing, or are just a prussian dance master in search of a partner. I am being serious, I promise to give full weight to anything you post, but I wont hold my breath...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In event none of the presented concept has soaked in, then you may as well give up on the subject matter and stick with whatever it is your expertise is in. Perhaps it is "Prussian" dancing, I certainly do not know.

I do know that if you claim to know something in regards to our political system and it's players, and have not taken time to study the players roster and stats, then you are just another armchair quartergback.

Those who have some understanding of the JFK matter will undoubtedly know which trails and/or hints are worth a follow up.

Any literate person can read any and/or all of the subject matter presented on the JFK Assassination.

That hardly constitutes new research.

Break some new ground for us and give us the wisdom of all of your years of experience and independent research.

A "researcher" does not sit on his ass and wait for others to find and divulge. They independently search for the answers, and in so doing, they conduct "Research".

As opposed to persons who apparantly only read news groups and postings by others.

That you can not "follow the trail" is of little or absolutely no concern to me. It constitutes your problem, not mine.

The trail is laid out and now clearly marked for those who are not so misguided by "multiple assassin" "body kidnappings" "the CIA/FBI/ONI/Mafia/Anti-Castro Cubans/Pro-Castro Cubans/etc. etc. etc.

And, since you have apparently not made it beyond this level of the game, it is highly unllikely that you will progress to the next stage.

Thanks for the good laugh, it most assuredly is not the first and it will certainly not be the last which I have had at those who chase someone else's "tale".