The Education Forum

David Ferrie suicide note

Greg,

Interesting stuff, indeed. Thanks, friend!

FWIW, most people call me "Tom" or "Thomas", but my friends call me "Tommy". (They know that's what I prefer to be called now that I'm a 6'4", 210 pound Scots-Irish-Ukrainian-Swedish-Chickasaw senior citizen who is finally "big enough" to handle being called "Tommy" again.) :D

Maybe Compton and/or Beckham were called "Tommy" only by their friends...

--Tommy

Tommy,

Maybe they were called Lulu and Tinkerbelle. Who knows? The point is, there's nothing to say they were called anything (that I'm aware of) other than Thomas - whereas Clark appears to have been known by one and all as "Tommy".

Greg (Anglo-Scot-French-Canadian-Cree and still not big enough to let anyone call me Gregory)

OK, little Greg. I see your point.

--Big Tommy :)

Cree, huh? We used to eat you guys for breakfast!

Merry Christmas,

--Tommy :ice

P.S. For our purposes I wonder if it really matters which "Thomas" (Christian name) Ferrie was referring to?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Greg,

Interesting stuff, indeed. Thanks, friend!

FWIW, most people call me "Tom" or "Thomas", but my friends call me "Tommy". (They know that's what I prefer to be called now that I'm a 6'4", 210 pound Scots-Irish-Ukrainian-Swedish-Chickasaw senior citizen who is finally "big enough" to handle being called "Tommy" again.) :D

Maybe Compton and/or Beckham were called "Tommy" only by their friends...

--Tommy

Tommy,

Maybe they were called Lulu and Tinkerbelle. Who knows? The point is, there's nothing to say they were called anything (that I'm aware of) other than Thomas - whereas Clark appears to have been known by one and all as "Tommy".

Greg (Anglo-Scot-French-Canadian-Cree and still not big enough to let anyone call me Gregory)

OK, little Greg. I see your point.

--Big Tommy :)

Cree, huh?

Father's maternal grandmother.

We used to eat you guys for breakfast!

I thought we both went Dutch?

Or English

Or French

Merry Christmas,

I'm just basting the fat guy now....

--Tommy :ice

P.S. For our purposes I wonder if it really matters which "Thomas" (Christian name) Ferrie was referring to?

Depends whether Ferrie himself is of any genuine concern.

Uh, are you serious?

Yeah, I think Ferrie is of some concern.

How could he not be?

Three of Garrison's greatest discoveries were:

1.) Ferrie and LHO in the CAP together, of which he had multiple witnesses

2.) Why Oswald placed 544 Camp Street on the Corliss Lamont flyer, which was probably given to him by Banister through the CIA

3.) Oswald's two partners on the CLinton-Jackson trip

Ferrie is directly involved in numbers one and three, and very closely involved in number two.

I think you can assume I agree since I am of the opinion Ferrie was murdered.

If someone says to you it doesn't matter if the first or second string quarterback plays

And you reply "Only if you want to win", I think most people would get what you mean.

Uh, are you serious?

How could he not be?

2.) Why Oswald placed 544 Camp Street on the Corliss Lamont flyer, which was probably given to him by Banister through the CIA

Ferrie is directly involved in numbers one and three, and very closely involved in number two.

If someone says to you it doesn't matter if the first or second string quarterback plays

And you reply "Only if you want to win", I think most people would get what you mean.

Greg,

I guess it would be more "interesting" if the Tommy mentioned in Ferrie's suicide note was Thomas Beckham, but unfortunately it wasn't Beckham (or, for that matter, Thomas Nation Compton III). It was just 19 year old Tommy Clark. Bummer. :rip

--Tommy

Uh, are you serious?

How could he not be?

Greg,

I guess it would be more "interesting" if the Tommy mentioned in Ferrie's suicide note was Thomas Beckham, but unfortunately it wasn't Beckham (or, for that matter, Thomas Nation Compton III). It was just 19 year old Tommy Clark. Bummer. :rip

--Tommy

Yeah, bummer, Tommy.

TC had been bailed out of jail by Ferrie at some stage on charges not known

TC "ran" after the assassination for reasons not known

TC was wanted by Garrison

I'm confused as to how his age is relevant...

I could understand it being mentioned if he were 9 or 99...