The Education Forum

Richard Bartolomew: Rambler Station Wagon

I am posting this article because I believe it ties together the connections of the conspiracy better than any single article written concerning the 'connecting the dots' aspect of JFK's assassination.

Possible Discovery of an Automobile Used

In the JFK Conspiracy

Copyright © 1993 by Richard Bartholomew

I found a link to the whole article starting here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW it was RFK who recommended Dulles to LBJ.

I would like to see some evidence supporting this assertion. I doubt if anyone ever said this while RFK was alive.

It was LBJ who told people this. Dulles and McCloy were Bobby's picks, according to LBJ. LBJ also said it was Bobby's idea that he be sworn in in Dallas. Bobby disputed this. LBJ also believed Bobby was behind Manchester's book, when Bobby was trying to shut it down. Had a bit of a Bobby fixation, that LBJ. Of course, LBJ also told people that Bobby was trying to kill Castro, and that this is what got Jack killed.

Hmmm.. why would LBJ be so paranoid about the actions of Robert Kennedy? Maybe David Talbot will shed some light on this...

[quote name='John Simkin' date='Feb 28 2006, 08:44 AM' post='56883']

[

I agree that this article provides a lot to think about. Would Richard be willing to join the Forum (by the way Barr has agreed to join).

Just received an email from Richard that he has joined the forum, just awaiting confirmation.

Dawn

Dulles and McCloy were Bobby's picks, according to LBJ. LBJ also said it was Bobby's idea that he be sworn in in Dallas. Bobby disputed this. LBJ also believed Bobby was behind Manchester's book, when Bobby was trying to shut it down. Had a bit of a Bobby fixation, that LBJ. Of course, LBJ also told people that Bobby was trying to kill Castro, and that this is what got Jack killed.

In a TV show a few years ago, Robert Dalleck, who wrote a biography of LBJ, recited an old LBJ joke: How do you know when LBJ is lying? ANSWER When his lips are moving.

LBJ told so many lies that during his presidency the news media had to invent the euphemism "credibility gap."

I wonder if anyone (perhaps David Talbot?) can pinpoint the approximate date when LBJ first made the ridiculous claim that it was RFK who suggested Dulles for the Warren Commission.

Having said that, one of the people under-researched in my opinion is Howard Burris. During the early 1960's, he and his wife Kathy were prominent in fashionable society mixing with the elite of Texan beau monde. Crossing paths with the likes of De Mohrenschildt is not out of the question. (Me)

I probably should have mentioned that Kathy Burris was the daughter of Texas Governor Beauford Jester.

Kathy and Howard Burris below. Sorry about the poor quality.

James

Having spent much time on Col Burris I wish anyone going that direction a lot of luck.

However, as they used to say on the Twilight Zone, "consider this":

Col Burris flew down to Texas right before the assassination and back to DC immediately following (conflicting stories on exactly how he flew back). His explanation for the trip was that he carried down a briefcase full of briefing documents for LBJ - Johnson planned to have a head to head with JFK over international affairs while he was at the ranch and as his international/military advisor (not military aide) Burris was to prep him.

So....show of hands....how many of you see LBJ having a major head to head with JFK over international affairs? And if so....to what purpose?

-- Larry

Having spent much time on Col Burris I wish anyone going that direction a lot of luck.

Col Burris flew down to Texas right before the assassination and back to DC immediately following (conflicting stories on exactly how he flew back). His explanation for the trip was that he carried down a briefcase full of briefing documents for LBJ - Johnson planned to have a head to head with JFK over international affairs while he was at the ranch and as his international/military advisor (not military aide) Burris was to prep him.

So....show of hands....how many of you see LBJ having a major head to head with JFK over international affairs? And if so....to what purpose?

-- Larry

Was this meeting supposed to occur on the 22nd? Or was LBJ gonna stay on for a few days? Drew Pearson said that HE was gonna have a meeting with LBJ at the ranch on the 22nd. I suspect they were gonna strategize on how to smear Don Reynolds. I wonder if there was anything in Burris' briefcase on Reynolds... or Baker... or if LBJ just had a full plate...

Pat, strictly off memory, my recollection was that the confrontation with JFK was supposed to be the evening of the 22nd. That would seem to be impossible since the large Texas political dinner (with its seating issues) was to be that evening with a late arrival at the ranch. Hard to see Pearson sliding in for a private chat in the middle of a Presidential visit to the ranch...

I don't recall how long the Kennedy family was to stay at the ranch so perhaps it was really to be sometime later. Bush had been in Texas for a week or more before the Texas trip not really doing anything and making a trip up to Fort Worth to address the Papsi convention. I'm sure the Manchester book would have the details on the planned Kennedy visit at the ranch.

-- Larry

Was this meeting supposed to occur on the 22nd? Or was LBJ gonna stay on for a few days? Drew Pearson said that HE was gonna have a meeting with LBJ at the ranch on the 22nd. I suspect they were gonna strategize on how to smear Don Reynolds. I wonder if there was anything in Burris' briefcase on Reynolds... or Baker... or if LBJ just had a full plate...

Ooops....sorry, that was "Johnson has been in Texas"...my mind

obviously has begun to substitute one for the other....

Pat, strictly off memory, my recollection was that the confrontation with JFK was supposed

to be the evening of the 22nd. That would seem to be impossible since the large

Texas political dinner (with its seating issues) was to be that evening with a late

arrival at the ranch. Hard to see Pearson sliding in for a private chat in the middle of a Presidential

visit to the ranch...

I don't recall how long the Kennedy family was to stay at the ranch so perhaps it was

really to be sometime later. Bush had been in Texas for a week or more before the

Texas trip not really doing anything and making a trip up to Fort Worth to address

the Papsi convention. I'm sure the Manchester book would have the details on the planned

Kennedy visit at the ranch.

-- Larry

Roger Craig described a 1959 Rambler as the vehicle that picked up a man who resembled Lee Harvey Oswald on Elm. This event happened at 12:40 about 10 minutes after the shooting, according to the clock on top of the TSBD. A photo by Jim Murray confirms this.

A 1959 Rambler was photographed in the carpark near the railroad tracks just a few minutes after the shooting. Could this be the same vehicle that Craig saw and is it the same vehicle investigated by Richard Bartholomew?

James

James,

I wrote about this Rambler in the railroad parking lot as seen in a frame of the Bell film in my 1996 Update (http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/17th_Issue/rmblr96.fp.html). It is one of several nearly identical Ramblers photographed near the TSBD at the time of the shooting. A decoy operation is the likely explanation.

Richard

Having said that, one of the people under-researched in my opinion is Howard Burris. During the early 1960's, he and his wife Kathy were prominent in fashionable society mixing with the elite of Texan beau monde. Crossing paths with the likes of De Mohrenschildt is not out of the question. (Me)

I probably should have mentioned that Kathy Burris was the daughter of Texas Governor Beauford Jester.

James

Colonel Burris' wife, Barbara J. Burris, is the daughter of Governor Jester. I suspect that the troop ship "Barbara J.", used in the Bay of Pigs invasion, was named for her.

Richard

Richard, I wanted to extend a warm welcome... great to see you here.

Also wanted to thank you for the super work on the unidentified TSBD fingerprint monograph you did, it needs to get more visiblity in the research community. As a side note on Ramblers, in some of my work on Cuban gun running both to Castro and post-revolution I turned up an interesting comment that little Ramber station wagons were a vehicle of choice in carting moderate loads of weapons from sources in the U.S. to points where they could be taken by small boats into Cuba. Safer than putting them all in one big shipment.

Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised to see several in the DP area...

-- Larry

James

Colonel Burris' wife, Barbara J. Burris, is the daughter of Governor Jester. I suspect that the troop ship "Barbara J.", used in the Bay of Pigs invasion, was named for her.

Richard

Of course you are correct, Richard, that Burris' wife was Barbara.

Kathy was their daughter. I have given myself an uppercut for that error.

James

Richard, I wanted to extend a warm welcome...great to see you here.

Also wanted to thank you for the super work on the unidentified TSBD fingerprint

monograph you did, it needs to get more visiblity in the research community.

...as a side note on Ramblers, in some of my work on Cuban gun running

both to Castro and post-revolution I turned up an interesting comment that

little Ramber station wagons were a vehicle of choice in carting moderate

loads of weapons from sources in the U.S. to points where they could be taken

by small boats into Cuba. Safer than putting them all in one big shipment.

-- Larry

Thanks, Larry. I don't recall writing a monograph on the Wallace print. I wrote several e-mail replies to Mark Collum and Glen Sample defending Darby's ID against their so-called experts' critiques. Are those what you are referring to?

Collum-Sample refused to publish most of them at the time. They were very biased against the print identification. Don't know if they ever posted my replies since changing their minds about the authenticity of the print. Do you have digital copies you could post here? My digital copies are long-gone, I'm afraid. I vaguely recall cc'ing them to you, Jay, and Barr.

Nice work on the Rambler comment. Could you quote it here and cite the source?

Richard

Richard, the paper I had in mind was:

“Conflicts in Official Accounts of Cardboard Carton Prints”, a work I haverecommended. It uses as sources the WC Report (p. 566), Commission Exhibit 3131 pp 17-18 and WC Hearings Vol. XXVI, P. 809 plus testimony of Sebastian F. Latona, FBI Fingerprint section.

-- I can't put my hands on a copy right now and don't recall the date, I think this is something you did even before the Wallace print came up and was a study of the obfuscation in the FBI's own work which pretty much covers up the issue that there were unidentified finger and palm prints. I referred to your work in an unpublished paper that I did in regard to a scenario for Wallace and Factor being in the TSBD.

As far as the Rambler thing goes....I can tell you it is mentioned and referenced in Someone Would Have Talked but exactly where it is in there escapes me without going back through several chapters. I picked it up out of some readings on the early weapons dealing to Castro when folks like Sturgis and friends were coming into the US and picking up fairly small consignments of weapons to be shipped back to Cuba in small boat runs.

-- Larry

Richard, I wanted to extend a warm welcome...great to see you here.

Also wanted to thank you for the super work on the unidentified TSBD fingerprint

monograph you did, it needs to get more visiblity in the research community.

...as a side note on Ramblers, in some of my work on Cuban gun running

both to Castro and post-revolution I turned up an interesting comment that

little Ramber station wagons were a vehicle of choice in carting moderate

loads of weapons from sources in the U.S. to points where they could be taken

by small boats into Cuba. Safer than putting them all in one big shipment.

-- Larry

Thanks, Larry. I don't recall writing a monograph on the Wallace print. I wrote several e-mail replies to Mark Collum and Glen Sample defending Darby's ID against their so-called experts' critiques. Are those what you are referring to?

Collum-Sample refused to publish most of them at the time. They were very biased against the print identification. Don't know if they ever posted my replies since changing their minds about the authenticity of the print. Do you have digital copies you could post here? My digital copies are long-gone, I'm afraid. I vaguely recall cc'ing them to you, Jay, and Barr.

Nice work on the Rambler comment. Could you quote it here and cite the source?

Richard