The Education Forum

Biography: Gene Kelly

Gene Kelly

I am an engineer, and a life-long US resident in the Philadelphia-Pennsylvania area. I also teach college level physics, part-time and at nights. I've been fascinated by the JFK assasination intrigues for many years, and have been an avid reader of such. This crime has become (for me) the ultimate problem-solving investigative challenge, which suits well my professional skills. My parents were great admirers of the Kennedy family and their political legacy...my father was devastated by the president's death. As a teenager who remembers the assasination, and its profound impact on my parents generation - and the next 40 years of American history - it has sparked a personal interest in the many subsequent events of the Cold War which have shaped this country.

In the last 10 years, with the proliferation of Internet information and web groups, the arcane stories and intricate facts that surround the assasination are finally coming out, albeit piece-meal and shrouded. Your Education Forum has been a breath of fresh air, and a thought-provoking source of good references (for research) and stimulating dialogue. I have followed it regularly, and enjoy reading the postings. Although I am relatively well-versed in JFK information (and have started to write something of a scholarly paper in an attempt to sort it all out distinguish the larger pattern), I humbly realize that I'm an amateur when it comes to many of your members.

• 4 months later...
I am an engineer, and a life-long US resident in the Philadelphia-Pennsylvania area. I also teach college level physics, part-time and at nights.

Welcome to the forum, Gene. I'm sure your background in physics and engineering and the art and science of investigation generally will enable you to make valuable contributions here.

Besides, I really loved "Singing In The Rain."

(I'm sure you knew that one was coming).

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll