The Education Forum

Citizen Project Application Form

John Simkin

I would like to begin to fill in the application form for our Citizenship Project. However, I have been told by Michael Butterworth, Senior Programme Officer at the British Council who deals with Comenius Projects that the new application form has not yet been printed. He tells me that it now needs to arrive by 1st March.

As some will know, it is a daunting task to fill in a Comenius application form. I do not want to do this unless I know other members are fully committed to the project. Proposed members of the project have been fairly quiet on the Citizenship Forum. Does this reflect a lack of interest in the project?

I await your responses.

I would like to begin to fill in the application form for our Citizenship Project. However, I have been told by Michael Butterworth, Senior Programme Officer at the British Council who deals with Comenius Projects that the new application form has not yet been printed. He tells me that it now needs to arrive by 1st March.

As some will know, it is a daunting task to fill in a Comenius application form. I do not want to do this unless I know other members are fully committed to the project. Proposed members of the project have been fairly quiet on the Citizenship Forum. Does this reflect a lack of interest in the project?

I await your responses.

We are absolutely commited to the project. I personally would collaborate with whomever responsible to help the drafting of the project. The Liceo Español "Luis Buñuel" fully backs the project as so does the Spanish Consejería de Educación in Paris. We may use the internal network of Spanish Centres outside Spain to diseminate the outcomes.

I do apologise about the quietness on the Citizenship Forum, but I have been following the tracks of the different topics.

We clearly follow the project.

IES Parque de Lisboa (Spain) is committed to the project.

Unfortunately this project comes at the wrong time for IST as there are several other major initiatives to which we are already committed and thus it would be inappropriate for me to undertake to be actively involved at this stage.

I am personally very interested in the project and would very much like to be involved but realistically I feel that neither I, nor a representative from IST, is in a position to be able to devote a significant amount of time. Please accept my apologies.

With best wishes and regrets.

Tim

Andy has told me that Varndean School is still willing to be the lead organization of the Citizenship Project. We will try to get together over the next few days to fill in the application form.

Please do let me know if I can be of any help or if you need any information from my school. I will be in Spain for a fortnight starting on Saturday.

I have just had a meeting with Andy about the application form. We hope to get the first draft completed by next Tuesday. The reason for this is that we have a meeting next Tuesday with the head of Andy's school who has ultimate responsibility for submitting the application form. I will be starting several threads relating to different aspects of the application form. Please respond as soon as possible so that I can fill in the application form.