The Education Forum

Cyrus Vance Papers

Anybody ever come up with Cyrus Vance Papers. What I have in mind is the fact that Vance was Sec. of the Army at time of the JFK assassination.

Vance was known to take very detailed notes at all meetings. There is reason to believe that over the weekend of the assasination that there was an emergency meeting of the Jopint Chiefs and that Vance was present.

Vance's Papers are at Yale and I have made a cursory effort to see if he left anything in his collection reflecting that nature of that meeting. I did it from a distance-over email and guesstimation of what files hold his record of the meeting but came up blank.

Has anybody done anything on this that they might be willing to share? Or is this all new territory. My push on this came from Dick Whalen who has his own sources. But at the time he had not explored the Vance Papers.

Just thought I would make a pitch.

Anybody ever come up with Cyrus Vance Papers. What I have in mind is the fact that Vance was Sec. of the Army at time of the JFK assassination.

Vance was known to take very detailed notes at all meetings. There is reason to believe that over the weekend of the assasination that there was an emergency meeting of the Jopint Chiefs and that Vance was present.

Vance's Papers are at Yale and I have made a cursory effort to see if he left anything in his collection reflecting that nature of that meeting. I did it from a distance-over email and guesstimation of what files hold his record of the meeting but came up blank.

Has anybody done anything on this that they might be willing to share? Or is this all new territory. My push on this came from Dick Whalen who has his own sources. But at the time he had not explored the Vance Papers.

Just thought I would make a pitch.

I'm a believer, as far as your assertions about Vance's potential knowledge of subject, I also think the Califano papers the ones that were or are classified, (I'm not sure their status as of Jan 2006) might be worth a going through. You have my vote Gerald.