The Education Forum

Biil Hicks, thoughts on the assassination.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

Some ruminations from the Late, great Mr Hicks.

"Kennedy, I love talking about JFK, did you know you can actually go to the sixth floor of the Schoolbook Depository, its a museum called, I think, The Assassination Museum, I think they named it after the Assassination, but I cant be sure, anyway they have the window set up to look exactly like it did on the day, and its so accurate you know, cos Oswalds not in it*.......

"Kennedy, I love talking about JFK, did you know you can actually go to the sixth floor of the Schoolbook Depository, its a museum called, I think, The Assassination Museum, I think they named it after the Assassination, but I cant be sure, anyway they have the window set up to look exactly like it did on the day, and its so accurate you know, cos Oswalds not in it*.......

Steve,

I don't consider 3,7,11 or 15 to be major factors. The rest I agree with. :D

Guest Stephen Turner

Steve,

I don't consider 3,7,11 or 15 to be major factors. The rest I agree with. :D

Mark, I only slung 11 in there to keep Mr Gratz of my back..Thought I'd do something different, I was a bit fed up with the Prisoner quote.

REASONS, 1, Bay of pigs 2,operation northwoods 3,threats against CIA 4, Hovers forced retirement 5,Threat to federal reserve 6, Threat to oil depletion allowance 7, RFK & the Mob 8, Threat to withdraw "advisors" from vietnam 9, almost certain re-election in 64 10,civil rights stance 11 Castro 12, Threat to "drop" LBJ 13, detant with Soviets 14, sacking of Gen Walker 15 revenge for "stolen" 1960 election 16, to prevent the building of a Kennedy dynasty.........Please feel free to add your own favorite.
You completely left out the fact that he was an avowed Communist and was in the process of turning the country over to Kruschev, which he probably would have completed in his second term. Just ask any Bircher.

The Birchers, incidentally, proclaimed that Kennedy's predecessors Truman and Eisenhower were "willing and witting instruments of the Communists." That being so, what would they have considered Kennedy to be? What would they have been justified in doing to have saved the country from going Red?

At the same time, consider that the FBI was then of the opinion that the Klan (it was at the home of a high Klansman that the John Birch Society was born, by the way) was "abetted by law enforcement at the local level."

The next question would seem, then, to be: could they have pulled it off?

Bet most people have no idea who John Birch was. Most think he was

some right wing extremist. Not so.

John Birch was a Baptist Missionary sent to China by the First Baptist

Church of Fort Worth. The Chinese Communists killed him. The

religious right appropriated his martyrdom and name for their own anti-

communist purposes. John Birch himself had nothing to do with the "society"

named for him, and in fact likely would have disavowed it since he

was for "peace". I remember that the downtown church used to have

a Memorial Exhibit about him and his missionary work, located on

Throckmorton Street downtown.

Jack

Jack, could be wrong but I never really consider the JBS to be part of the "religious right".

LA times supplement. scroll down and click on buttons to navigate pages

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...|2|2|1|1|47659|

Guest Stephen Turner
REASONS, 1, Bay of pigs 2,operation northwoods 3,threats against CIA 4, Hovers forced retirement 5,Threat to federal reserve 6, Threat to oil depletion allowance 7, RFK & the Mob 8, Threat to withdraw "advisors" from vietnam 9, almost certain re-election in 64 10,civil rights stance 11 Castro 12, Threat to "drop" LBJ 13, detant with Soviets 14, sacking of Gen Walker 15 revenge for "stolen" 1960 election 16, to prevent the building of a Kennedy dynasty.........Please feel free to add your own favorite.
You completely left out the fact that he was an avowed Communist and was in the process of turning the country over to Kruschev, which he probably would have completed in his second term. Just ask any Bircher.

The Birchers, incidentally, proclaimed that Kennedy's predecessors Truman and Eisenhower were "willing and witting instruments of the Communists." That being so, what would they have considered Kennedy to be? What would they have been justified in doing to have saved the country from going Red?

At the same time, consider that the FBI was then of the opinion that the Klan (it was at the home of a high Klansman that the John Birch Society was born, by the way) was "abetted by law enforcement at the local level."

Hi Duke, I was hoping number 14, "sacking of Gen Walker" would cover the JBS angle. But that said I completely agree with your thinking here. My most recent research consists of Birchers and contacts, members within the JCS, though Walker to Lemnitzer, Craig and LeMay. Plenty of smoke so far...

Hi Duke, I was hoping number 14, "sacking of Gen Walker" would cover the JBS angle. But that said I completely agree with your thinking here. My most recent research consists of Birchers and contacts, members within the JCS, though Walker to Lemnitzer, Craig and LeMay. Plenty of smoke so far...

I wasn't sure whether commenting on Dukes post would be a 'diversion'. Seeing as Stephen's OK with it. Here's a link to Billy Buckles topic.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...indpost&p=54881

The second link and many of the clippings of the third gives an idea of some of the machinery producing the smoke. It was quite deliberate.

Note one of the reasons for going underground: an invasion planned by communist African troops, staging through Cuba, that the federal government was supportive of.