The Education Forum

Lyndon Johnson and Dick Cheney

John Simkin

Cheney admits to "one beer"......... Tim Carroll is right,

this looks like a classic juvenile cover up.......

"Cheney admits to "one beer"......... Tim Carroll is right,

this looks like a classic juvenile cover up......."

You got that right, Shanet. Nothing worse than a bunch of drunken hunters.

And, you KNOW they didn't get that reputation overnight. Stereotypical of the "weekend warrior-nature lover", in his ill-conceived perception of what communing with the "great outdoors" means to him.

I'll stick to plain old target shooting to keep my skills honed. When I was 11 or 12, I became appalled to find out what a bullet exactly did to the body of small game. Of course, it taught me my first lessons in entrance/exit wounds, but I could never shoot an animal again after that. Give me a shooting range over any "open range" nowadays.

Edited by Terry Mauro

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch Nightline?

It is like they are threatening us back now? What was said is this.

Anyone that makes anything more to the Cheney accident is WRONG. It is like how dare you say

anything about this.

Let's be honest with Chaney answer to us now.

He said that he saw him get up.

Yet the man was supped to be down to begin with.

SO WHICH ONE IS IT. He didn't see him prior. It doesn't add up.

NO I pray on this one that it is not dropped. Nice they tell what his friend THEY STRESS THIS FRIND

part. But nice they tell his words in the hospital without any show of him. His supposed response

was "what is all the fuss about." That was on Nightline.

OK

Let me get this straight now

Clinton does the silence role he only does a lie to cover up someting emgarrassing.

Cheney gets a gun shoots his friend, drinks prior, doesn't say the story straight still on a man who

is down he sees him fall down but yet he never saw him when he was down to pick up a bird. He thinks

it was a bird that he shot. OK we got three zagged versions on what he says is now the straight story

so we won't get it messed up. Yet, if anyone caught it he smiles a half smerk at the end of his stantment.

To me Clinton did far less wrong EVEN IN HIS WRONGFUL DOINGS

than what Cheney does to cover his crimes.

I still hope that he does face some legal trail and it does come out and his friend whom they are putting

words in the mans mouth before he even comes out of the hospital.

YES, I am upset over Chaney story. Upset to see this go on again in this country. I also detest what was

said on Nightline if anyone thinks that there is more to this story is Wrong. WHAT IS SPOONFEED TO US

IS WRONG IN MY OPINION.

The fact that Cheney ADMITS to one beer before shooting a gun, then sees to it that no authorities are alerted til the next day reeks over cover-up. And a very plausable explanation is that he consumed far more than this one beer he's admitting to.

Dawn

Guest Stephen Turner
The fact that Cheney ADMITS to one beer before shooting a gun, then sees to it that no authorities are alerted til the next day reeks over cover-up. And a very plausable explanation is that he consumed far more than this one beer he's admitting to.

Dawn

What a shame Lynee is not posting these days, I am sure she would have found a way to implicate Jim Garrison in this.....

Dawn

What a shame Lynee is not posting these days, I am sure she would have found a way to implicate Jim Garrison in this.....

"What a shame Lynee is not posting these days, I am sure she would have found a way to implicate Jim Garrison in this....."

So true, Stevie, so true. But, thank God for the, "YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO IGNORE THIS POSTER", option.

Although, I might be missing some real belly-laughs, according to T.G.'s last post.

Dawn

"The fact that Cheney ADMITS to one beer before shooting a gun, then sees to it that no authorities are alerted til the next day reeks over cover-up. And a very plausable explanation is that he consumed far more than this one beer he's admitting to."

Right on, Dawn! Like, instead of this :beer , it was more like this :P .

Talk about yuks! Instead of wearing a day-glo orange hunting vest, Whittington should've also been wearing a sign proclaiming this, :stupid .

The shooting took place on a ranch in south Texas.

No news was leaked out about it for 18 hours and then only to a local newspaper. . .

Is it possible that Cheney hoped the whole thing could have been hushed up so it wasn't known he was responsible? That is, rather than being merely slow in reporting he was responsible, was he aiming to not 'fess up at all? If the local media had not been contacted, is it possible that we would not know about the incident?

And as for breaking the law, he was hunting with a license that did not exhibit the needed upland game bird stamp, which in itself is negligence. One of the first things he did, rather than make a statement, was to rush off the payment for the necessary stamp. That shows guilt. According to the Smoking Gun website (appropriate name!), wildlife officials reported that while Cheney had purchased a valid non-resident hunting license, he had not obtained the required stamp to hunt upland birds before he went off shooting with Whittington and party. See "CNN: Cheney's License in Violation, Gets Warning" and "See Dick. Run!"

Chris

Edited by Christopher T. George

Although Cheney was using an Italian rifle, the comparisons with the Kennedy assassination stop there. Cheney was clearly a lone guman (but not a "nut") with no ties to either the CIA or the DGI.

A letter writer in the NY Times raised what I thought was an interesting point. Since hunting accidents do happen, why did the SS allow Cheney to participate in what can be a dangerous sport?

Although Cheney was using an Italian rifle, the comparisons with the Kennedy assassination stop there. Cheney was clearly a lone guman (but not a "nut") with no ties to either the CIA or the DGI.

A letter writer in the NY Times raised what I thought was an interesting point. Since hunting accidents do happen, why did the SS allow Cheney to participate in what can be a dangerous sport?

"A letter writer in the NY Times raised what I thought was an interesting point. Since hunting accidents do happen, why did the SS allow Cheney to participate in what can be a dangerous sport?"

Especially, since he's proven to be an even poorer marksman than LHO!

He shouldn't be able to own a hunting license, let alone carry a gun.

Exactily on the SS letting him do it and also with not any updated tags to do hunting legal.

He sure did make a good list of things to throw into the punch didn't he?

Now there is a common sense law that Dick broke as well.

Chaney said that he was blinded by the sun, well no one shots when they get blinded ever. He

is the only person I ever heard of doing that. The heck witht he bird should be the thought when

you are blinded. CHANEY HAS NO COMMON SENSE EITHER.

Yes he broke a lot of laws to do this IF he is telling the truth on accounts of the sun, drinking only one

drink is still breaking the law when it comes to shotting a gun, no updated tags, stupid with no dogs with]

them. Yeah, he was really prepared to go hunting all right.

Now, what was he really after? Yes, I do think this does look rather off the cuff here.

I do hope thsi goes before some Senate meetings into question.

Hi all

There have been a number of editorials which have rightly pointed out that the incident well shows the arrogance of Bush-Cheney and of Cheney in particular, and the overall perception that they believe themselves above the law.

However, I would like to say that the episode is immensely revealing about the man. Often it is in such cases where something happens for which the person is unprepared, that we begin to see the true character of a person. So there are a number of facets to this, the shooting incident itself and the aftermath, which speak volumes about Dick Cheney.

Chris

Huh?

That he is human and made a mistake?

Good grief, people of all political persuasions (and of no political persuasions) make mistakes every day. In some cases the mistakes cause accidents resulting in serious bodily harm and sometimes even death.

It provided good material for the late night comedians until the victim took a turn for the worse but to imply a hunting accident reveals some character flaw in the VPOTUS is rather astounding, IMO.

Huh?

That he is human and made a mistake?

Good grief, people of all political persuasions (and of no political persuasions) make mistakes every day. In some cases the mistakes cause accidents resulting in serious bodily harm and sometimes even death.

It provided good material for the late night comedians until the victim took a turn for the worse but to imply a hunting accident reveals some character flaw in the VPOTUS is rather astounding, IMO.

Well, Tim, let's try to leave politics to one side for a minute. Let's even leave aside whatever one may think about hunting. Try to be nonpartial. Not easy I know.

What say the same circumstances occurred and the shooter was, say, John Kerry or Ted Kennedy.

I am a registered Democrat, and I have to say that if either of those two individuals comported themselves in the manner Cheney has, their ability to hold high office would be seriously in question for me.

Your opinion? Over to you, Tim.

Chris

Well what do you say about Chappaquidick then?

And I still do not understand what you think Cheney did wrong other than mistaking his friend for a quail.

Hi Tim

I agree that Chappaquidick raises serious questions about Ted Kennedy. I do think Kennedy and Bush-Cheney arrogance is akin. I am serious in saying that I don't think that this Cheney incident and its aftermath is too dissimilar to Ted and Chappaquidick and its aftermath in casting doubt on the man.

After all, Senator Thomas F. Eagleton (D, Missouri) lost credibility in 1972 as a Vice Presidential candidate with McGovern when he admitted that he had been three times hospitalized for depression and had received electric shock therapy.

Chris