The Education Forum

Ed Podesta and Ed Waller

John Simkin

Ed Podesta and Ed Waller will both be giving presentations in March. I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread in an area of the Forum they can access. They can post any questions, opinions, etc. that they might have about the meeting.

This is not a very exciting question, but can you tell me what kind of IT provision there'll be? Will there be internet access? What about PCs for use by attendees?

ta

Ed.

Ed Podesta and Ed Waller will both be giving presentations in March. I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread in an area of the Forum they can access. They can post any questions, opinions, etc. that they might have about the meeting.

This is not a very exciting question, but can you tell me what kind of IT provision there'll be? Will there be internet access? What about PCs for use by attendees?

ta

Ed.

Hello Ed,

Not an exciting answer I'm afraid:

Sintermeerten can provide can provide computers with broadband internet access/ Microsoft Office 2003, beamer. In the presentation room no smartboard I'm afraid, but that can be arranged.

I'll see to it that participants can use/ share at least 8 computers (brand new P4's.) But I'll check today for us!

Nico

ta

Ed.

Hello Ed,

Not an exciting answer I'm afraid:

Sintermeerten can provide can provide computers with broadband internet access/ Microsoft Office 2003, beamer. In the presentation room no smartboard I'm afraid, but that can be arranged.

I'll see to it that participants can use/ share at least 8 computers (brand new P4's.) But I'll check today for us!

Nico

Many thanks Nico - I don't really need a smartboard - but I assume there is a projector?

Ed.

• 2 weeks later...
Sintermeerten can provide... beamer.

'Beamer'. European English for video projector.

Bugger!

I thought we were going to squeeze in a game of cricket :lol:

As I hate flying I was hoping that someone had perfected somekind of matter transfer device.