The Education Forum

Is this the man who shot Tippit?

Jim Feemster

I have been meaning to post this for a while, but have been having trouble finding the Warren Commission Document, mainly becaues of the incredibly screwed up indexing of the Warren Comm. Documents themselves. They were/are so bad that one of the first JFK Researchers Sylvia Meagher compiled an index of the Warren Commission documents, as a help to the research community. Which was a very noble thing to do.

Anyway, as far as this thread goes, I direct your attention to Warren Commission Document 206, it was not de-classified until 1976, and I can see why. First, and this is my own perception. I believe that the Commission took a fairly large group of interviews, documents and memo's that didn't exactly fit the Oswald did it, three shots yada, yada, yada - scenario and put those items in CD 206. Included, in this section is a memo (I saw this just for a moment) of an individual who was at the Tippet murder scene who spoke of seeing or hearing of a 'Cuban' who was in the area. I apologize that I do not have the 'pertinent information.' regarding this.

Commission Document 206 is 410 pages long, my impression is that there are 'excerpts' of it in the actual Warren Report that one encounters while going thru the 26 Volumes but that the actual complete document is not in the Report, but I may be mistaken.

There are other items in 206 that are also fascinating such as Reports concerning Terrel State Mental Hospital, which has some type of connection to Sylvia Odio, either there was a Doctor there she knew at one time, I am not exactly sure. But Warren Commission Doc 206 I believe can be purchased on JFK Lancer, which I am planning on doing.

The reason I am sketchy on the above info, is that my focus was on research that had nothing to do with the above. I will try to find the info, and post it to this thread, normally I would have already done that. But I have already been 'burning it at both ends.'

Edited by Robert Howard

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS ROBERT,

THIS FILE YOU SPEAK OF IS NEWS TO ME. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING MORE ABOUT IT.

ALSO,

WOULD YOU PLEASE LOOK AT MY NEW POSTING - REFECTIONS OF THE LIMOS - AND TELL ME IF YOU THINK IT'S POSSIBLE OR EVEN VALID AS AN IDEA?

THANKS AGAIN,

JIM FEEMSTER

• 3 weeks later...
HI LEE,

I THINK I FOUND WORRELL. ... THIS CLIP SHOWS THE MOTORCADE CLEARING ELM AND HOUSTON FROM THE SW CORNER OF HOUSTON AND ELM AND AS IT PANS TO THE RIGHT THERE IS A GUY HAULING ASS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE FRONT DOOR OF THE DEPOSITORY. I WOULD SAY HE IS WEARING A SPORT COAT OR SUIT COAT OR POSSIBLY A JACKET. WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS LOOKING WEST ON ELM AND SOME STARTING TO MOVE IN THAT DIRECTION THIS GUY SEEMS TO BE RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION WHICH, IN THE DIRECTION HE IS RUNNING WOULD TAKE HIM RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER OF THE DEPOSITORY JUST LIKE HE SAID HE DID.

GOOD HUNTING

See CE360. Worrell placed an X above the spot where he claimed to be. It is above the rear window of the car turning left approaching the TSBD doorway. Worrell was to the right of the TSBD doorway, so if he was "hauling ass in the direction of the front door," he was running away from the corner of the building that he ran around.

It ain't Worrell in the clip, or he was wrong about where he was standing (which I think may have been in Farmers Branch!).

2-CAR SMASHUP KILLS OSWALD TAXI DRIVER

Dallas Man, 83, Also Dies in Crash on Trinity Viaduct

By James Ewell

------------------------------------------------------

William H. Whaley, 60, the cab drive who picked up Lee Harvey Oswald just after President Kennedy was assassinated, was killed Saturday in a collision that also claimed one other life.

Whaley, of Lewisville, driving his cab, and John Henry Wells, 83 year old driver of the other car, were found dead in the wreckage after their cars crashed head-on at Hampton Road Viaduct shortly after 8 a.m.

A third victim, Navy Lt. Cmdr. Maurice R. Barnes, Jr., of Salt Lake City, Utah, a passenger in Whaley's cab, was injured and reported in critical condition late Saturday night at Parkland Hospital.

Sheriff's deputies said the car driven by Wells, of 3102 Toronto, apparently crossed over the center stripe. Whaley was driving south. The Wells car was heading north.

... McKim said it appeared that Whaley and Wells had been killed instantly.

Let's say that this was intentional - what purpose could it possibly have served? Could Whaley have recalled additional details, beyond those he already provided?

Ah yes: The Strange Case of the Kamikaze Cabbie Killer!

"In late-breaking news, 83-year-old John Henry Wells was used as a weapon today in yet another bizarre twist to the JFK assassination saga. The man, seen by assassination witness Danny Arce attempting to gain entry into the Texas School Book Depository on the morning of the assassination ('he said he had to take a leak,' said Arce. 'But I knew from his baggy trousers that he was wearing Depenz, and quickly deduced that his real purpose was much more nefarious!'), has joined the elite ranks of sabots and flechettes as projectiles incapable of being detected and traced back to those who set them on their path of murder and destruction. Police suspect that Wells may have been a willing weapon, intent upon revenge, however circuitous, for his humiliation in wetting his pants on the hallowed ground where Kennedy was to be killed...."

How 'bout let's not say it was intentional?!

Guest John Gillespie

I DON'T THINK WHALEY LIED BUT I DON'T THINK THEY CAB RIDE MAN WAS OSWALD.

JIM FEEMSTER

I think we agree that Whaley's testimony was honest, and must agree to disagree on most of the remainder.

Guys,

From Dale Myers' "With Malice": 'Oswald was last seen cutting through a parking lot behind a Texaco Service station two blocks from the shooting scene. A gray zipper jacket was found there by police. Fiber evidence later linked the jacket to the shirt Oswald was wearing at the time of his arrest (emphasis added).'

The phrase "best evidence" comes to mind.

Edited by John Gillespie

JIM FEEMSTER

I think we agree that Whaley's testimony was honest, and must agree to disagree on most of the remainder.

Guys,

From Dale Myers' "With Malice": 'Oswald was last seen cutting through a parking lot behind a Texaco Service station two blocks from the shooting scene. A gray zipper jacket was found there by police. Fiber evidence later linked the jacket to the shirt Oswald was wearing at the time of his arrest (emphasis added).'

Unfortunately, I think Dale's book follows the same general reasoning - uncritical, except of those who might disagree with his "facts" - as Posner's Case Closed. What Dale wrote about the fibers is correct on its face, however consider that the two items were shipped together in the same package and not separated within it. If they'd shipped a can of oil with them, would that prove that LHO had stopped to change someone's oil on the way by the Texaco? The transferrance of fibers should be no surprise, and hardly be probative.

What Dale wrote about the fibers is correct on its face, however consider that the two items were shipped together in the same package and not separated within it. If they'd shipped a can of oil with them, would that prove that LHO had stopped to change someone's oil on the way by the Texaco? The transferrance of fibers should be no surprise, and hardly be probative.

Duke, where would we find the source(s) re how the shirt and jacket were transported?

Thank you

Guest John Gillespie

JIM FEEMSTER

Guys,

Unfortunately, I think Dale's book follows the same general reasoning - uncritical, except of those who might disagree with his "facts" - as Posner's Case Closed. What Dale wrote about the fibers is correct on its face, however consider that the two items were shipped together in the same package and not separated within it. If they'd shipped a can of oil with them, would that prove that LHO had stopped to change someone's oil on the way by the Texaco? The transferrance of fibers should be no surprise, and hardly be probative.

With all the respect due to one of my favorite contributors, I really gotta tell ya that The "Case Closed" reference and the analogy are off the mark , Dukester. Myers' as uncritical? Au contraire. But I suppose it depends on one's prejudices. On the other hand, Posner's favorite techniques, - among a number of cheap little ruses - are selectivity and omission. Myers' work is as close to flawless as I have seen. But, that's just my opinion and we can agree to disagree in the same fashion I disagree with Myers' contention that LHO killed JFK.

I always enjoy the writing but the reasoning and conclusion seem strained here. The FBI knows how to conduct these tests. Yes, we can cast our many aspersions at that not-so-august body but, in the absence of that testing we're left with, what, a flippant oil can shipping remark? Got to admit it's funny, though; that and the kamikaze kab killer.

Speaking of packages, I'm a bit dismayed that nearly everyone seems to feel compelled to go with Oswald as 'package' murderer or Oswald as double patsy. No, he didn't kill JFK but he DID kill tippit, dammit, as any good patsy would.

JG

Edited by John Gillespie

JIM FEEMSTER

Guys,

With all the respect due to one of my favorite contributors, I really gotta tell ya that The "Case Closed" reference and the analogy are off the mark , Dukester. Myers' as uncritical? Au contraire. But I suppose it depends on one's prejudices. On the other hand, Posner's favorite techniques, - among a number of cheap little ruses - are selectivity and omission. Myers' work is as close to flawless as I have seen. But, that's just my opinion and we can agree to disagree in the same fashion I disagree with Myers' contention that LHO killed JFK.

I always enjoy the writing but the reasoning and conclusion seem strained here. The FBI knows how to conduct these tests. Yes, we can cast our many aspersions at that not-so-august body but, in the absence of that testing we're left with, what, a flippant oil can shipping remark? Got to admit it's funny, though; that and the kamikaze kab killer.

Speaking of packages, I'm a bit dismayed that nearly everyone seems to feel compelled to go with Oswald as 'package' murderer or Oswald as double patsy. No, he didn't kill JFK but he DID kill tippit, dammit, as any good patsy would.

JG

undefined

john,

it just doen't make sense to me. if oswald didn't kill kennedy what reason would he have to shoot tippit 4 or 5 times?

one of the strongest pieces of evidense i go back to is benivedes' testimony that the shooter had his hair blocked off on the back of his neck. that's not the kind of thing you make up-that's something you remember.

jim feemster

Guys,

JG

I agree, it was a fatuous comment, but it was a question, after all ... and I think the point is nevertheless valid: if you put two unrelated items together in the same package in such a way that there can be some transference between them, they can appear to be related. I'll have to find the souce for that information, which I'm sure is in something I've (re-?)read in the past few weeks or so: I just need to remember what it was.

The comparison to Poser's - er, um, I mean "Posner's!" - stuff is probably a little unfair, but nevertheless as certain and smug in its conclusion that "LHO did Tippit" as Posner's was. One (minor?) example is Davis' statement that she "doesn't know why" she would have given anyone the impression that Tippit lived a couple of doors away from her home on the corner (the patrol car was stopped "in front of the hedgerow between the house next door [to her] and the one he lived in"), she didn't think that, so that's just the way it was, case closed. It's as if "okay, your denial fits my scenario, so I accept it and so should everyone else."

Of course, your statement that LHO "DID kill Tippit, dammit, as any good patsy would" is as fatuous as my comment about the oil can, don't you think? :lol: I don't happen to think LHO killed JDT any more than he did JFK, and don't actually believe he was anywhere near 10th & Patton unless you count "anywhere in Oak Cliff" as "nearby," and I've got pretty good reasons for that tho' the explanation will just have to wait.

... And it of course follows that I don't think JDT was out to "get" Oswald either. I'm equally dismayed that anyone thinks that LHO killed JDT even if he didn't kill JFK: why? "Just because" is not an acceptable answer, and if it wasn't self-defense, what the hell was it? Sheer folly? I think not.

Remember also - as far as the transference goes - that the FBI did not ship the shirt and jacket to the FBI, so it doesn't really matter what the FBI knows about conducting investigations or handling evidence.

PS - I, too, like the "kamikaze kabbie killer" line!

Guest John Gillespie

john,

it just doen't make sense to me. if oswald didn't kill kennedy what reason would he have to shoot tippit 4 or 5 times?

one of the strongest pieces of evidense i go back to is benivedes' testimony that the shooter had his hair blocked off on the back of his neck. that's not the kind of thing you make up-that's something you remember.

jim feemster

Jim,

Hello and thanks for corresponding. Like I wrote: "...as any good patsy would." From the perspective of Oswald the Operative, that is precisely the reason. He knew he was cooked when unintended consequences took place.

By the way, the Benevides evidence in that regard is not that strong as he is one of a couple of witnesses that changed stories, somewhat, as time went by. In addition, when there are multiple eyewitnesses to anything[/u] there are going to be inconsistencies, anomalies,etc. Pardon me for stating the obvious but it remains true.

Look at the testimonies according to whom and how close they were: Davis, Scoggins, Tatum AND Benevides were all close to Oswald, not to mention the auto dealership guys right across the street from him. Remember, Oswald was not running.

Anyway, wouldn't we love to know what was said by Tippit to make LHO jerk away from the Black and White? Must have been something like 'Sorry, I've got to take you in.'

Appreciate your take,

JG

Guys,

JG

I agree, it was a fatuous comment, but it was a question, after all ... and I think the point is nevertheless valid: if you put two unrelated items together in the same package in such a way that there can be some transference between them, they can appear to be related. I'll have to find the souce for that information, which I'm sure is in something I've (re-?)read in the past few weeks or so: I just need to remember what it was.

The comparison to Poser's - er, um, I mean "Posner's!" - stuff is probably a little unfair, but nevertheless as certain and smug in its conclusion that "LHO did Tippit" as Posner's was. One (minor?) example is Davis' statement that she "doesn't know why" she would have given anyone the impression that Tippit lived a couple of doors away from her home on the corner (the patrol car was stopped "in front of the hedgerow between the house next door [to her] and the one he lived in"), she didn't think that, so that's just the way it was, case closed. It's as if "okay, your denial fits my scenario, so I accept it and so should everyone else."

Of course, your statement that LHO "DID kill Tippit, dammit, as any good patsy would" is as fatuous as my comment about the oil can, don't you think? :lol: I don't happen to think LHO killed JDT any more than he did JFK, and don't actually believe he was anywhere near 10th & Patton unless you count "anywhere in Oak Cliff" as "nearby," and I've got pretty good reasons for that tho' the explanation will just have to wait.

... And it of course follows that I don't think JDT was out to "get" Oswald either. I'm equally dismayed that anyone thinks that LHO killed JDT even if he didn't kill JFK: why? "Just because" is not an acceptable answer, and if it wasn't self-defense, what the hell was it? Sheer folly? I think not.

Remember also - as far as the transference goes - that the FBI did not ship the shirt and jacket to the FBI, so it doesn't really matter what the FBI knows about conducting investigations or handling evidence.

Lots of holes, Duke, and a fair amount of shooting from the hip as well...and I'm not fatuous, just a little overeweight. Hey, I like beer, sue me.

Edited by John Gillespie

john,

jim feemster

Jim,

Hello and thanks for corresponding. Like I wrote: "...as any good patsy would." From the perspective of Oswald the Operative, that is precisely the reason. He knew he was cooked when unintended consequences took place.

By the way, the Benevides evidence in that regard is not that strong as he is one of a couple of witnesses that changed stories, somewhat, as time went by. In addition, when there are multiple eyewitnesses to anything[/u] there are going to be inconsistencies, anomalies,etc. Pardon me for stating the obvious but it remains true.

Look at the testimonies according to whom and how close they were: Davis, Scoggins, Tatum AND Benevides were all close to Oswald, not to mention the auto dealership guys right across the street from him. Remember, Oswald was not running.

Anyway, wouldn't we love to know what was said by Tippit to make LHO jerk away from the Black and White? Must have been something like 'Sorry, I've got to take you in.'

Appreciate your take,

JG

Guys,

JG

Lots of holes, Duke, and a fair amount of shooting from the hip as well...and I'm not fatuous, just a little overeweight. Hey, I like beer, sue me.

Just wanted to point out - the cab concept, first off, could have been the result of having a tire shot out, another vehicle cutting it off, the backseat passenger reaching up and taking control of the wheel, a remote controlled device to make the wheel blow out, or even aliens from another planet using mind control beams - the question I was raising was why anyone would need to eliminate Whaley, since he didn't seem to present any kind of threat that would merit a 'mysterious death' type listing.

In my opinion, Lee Oswald had nothing whatsoever to do with the shooting of JD Tippit - I'm amazed that anyone would continue to even think this was possible. If Dale Myers believes that - it's one book I don't need to bother reading. Oswald wouldn't have had any discussion with Tippit. I wonder instead how the shooter felt seeing photos of Tippit's family in the news afterwards. I bet he still feels xxxxty to this day - leaving behind a widow and a bunch of kids with no Father.

- lee

Poor dumb cop.

post-675-1143140661_thumb.jpg

Lots of holes, Duke, and a fair amount of shooting from the hip as well...

Sorry, John, I'm with Lee Foreman and the Dukester on this one. I think you should wait to hear what Duke Lane has promised, his proof that Lee Oswald did not shoot Tippit, before you make up your mind. I bet you will find that there are a few things left out of Mr. Myers's book, just as there were a few things left out of the computer "reenactment" Myers did for ABC Television.

Once you get to know how Myers operates, you will realize that the stuff he leaves out is sometimes the most important stuff of all.

Lots of holes, Duke, and a fair amount of shooting from the hip as well...
Sorry, John, I'm with Lee Foreman and the Dukester on this one. I think you should wait to hear what Duke Lane has promised, his proof that Lee Oswald did not shoot Tippit, before you make up your mind. I bet you will find that there are a few things left out of Mr. Myers's book, just as there were a few things left out of the computer "reenactment" Myers did for ABC Television.

Once you get to know how Myers operates, you will realize that the stuff he leaves out is sometimes the most important stuff of all.

Whoa! Don't put words in my mouth! I'd prefer to call it a "creditable alternative scenario" as opposed to "proof!" Besides, it's well off into the future before it's ready for prime time. Keep your eyes out for info on James Worrell first...! :lol:

HI LEE,

I THINK I FOUND WORRELL.

GO TO; HTTP://JFKMURDERPHOTOS.BRAVEHOST.COM [Couch film]

THIS CLIP SHOWS THE MOTORCADE CLEARING ELM AND HOUSTON FROM THE SW CORNER OF HOUSTON AND ELM AND AS IT PANS TO THE RIGHT THERE IS A GUY HAULING ASS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE FRONT DOOR OF THE DEPOSITORY. I WOULD SAY HE IS WEARING A SPORT COAT OR SUIT COAT OR POSSIBLY A JACKET. WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS LOOKING WEST ON ELM AND SOME STARTING TO MOVE IN THAT DIRECTION THIS GUY SEEMS TO BE RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION WHICH, IN THE DIRECTION HE IS RUNNING WOULD TAKE HIM RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER OF THE DEPOSITORY JUST LIKE HE SAID HE DID.

THIS CLIP DOEN'T SHOW HIM GOING AROUND THE CORNER BECAUSE ITS NOT THAT LONG AND HE IS BEHIND ALOT OF THE CROWD FROM THE VANTAGE POINT OF THE CAMERA. SOMEONE WITH BETTER EUIPMENT THAN I HAVE MAY BE ABLE TO BRING UP THIS MAN'S FEATURES TO SEE IF HE MIGHT BE OUR GUY.

GOOD HUNTING

JIM FEEMSTER

More review of this clip ... and a further notation: if we want to use "just like he said he did" to posit that James Worrell was the man "running for his life ... right around the corner of the Depository," we also have to remember that he said that he'd begun running before the shots were finished, while this is clearly after they've finished and after (or at least as) a large number of people had already reacted/begun reacting to them.

Moreover, a look at where Worrell "said he [was]" (CE360), he was in a position about midway between the corner of the building and the east side of the main entrance to the building. The man you're talking about ran 'way too many strides for much too long to cover that short of a distance.

One cannot arbitrarily select which parts of someone's recollections are correct and which are not. If there's good reason to think that he was somewhere other than where he said he was, what is it? What's the supporting evidence?

Unfortunately, what Worrell was wearing that day is not on record anywhere, so that's not going to be much help either. I'll find out if anyone can tell me that, as well as (if only for the sake of knowing) how tall he was. In any case, I still don't think "running man" is Worrell. I'm happy to be corrected, however!