The Education Forum

Is this the man who shot Tippit?

Jim Feemster

HI LEE, I THINK I FOUND WORRELL. ... GOOD HUNTING

JIM FEEMSTER

The running man in this film appears to be a cop. Robin Unger brought this to my attention, indicating that it is Marrion Baker. Gary Mack also noted, separately and without identifying the man (as Baker or anyone else), that the film begins approximately 25 seconds after the shooting.

Below is a freeze-frame from Couch, with the "running man" highlighted and identified as Baker. Note the boots (motorcycle cop!), belt and something on his head (helmet?). The traffic light overhead and what hardscaping you can make out at the lower left, it appears that there's a curb ("kerb" to our British friends!) there: it would appear as if this is the "peninsula" between the Elm Street "parkway" and the Elm Street "extension" that runs in front of the TSBD. The dark square appears to be the "alleyway" between the west end of the building and the storage adjunct that used to be there. The man running to our right would thus appear to be running toward the main entrance to the Depository.

Between the apparent uniform and his actions, I'd have to agree that it's Baker. Too, if Mack's estimate is correct, it just gave LHO 25 more seconds to get to the 2nd floor ...! :( (Not that it really matters.)

post-3713-1143908167_thumb.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man< i don"t kNow what to sat about YALL.! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

THANKS DUKE & ROBIN AND EVERY ONE ELSE, WHAT A CLEAR PIC. YES I'M CONVINCED- THAT IS BAKER.

JIM

Ah, but there's more!

If you view the film - even the crappy online version that you'd referenced earlier - you will see, off to the "left" of Baker (from the film's perspective), you will see another runner moving in the same direction, also pretty fast. He disappears into the "haze" of the online version before long; I don't know what you'll see on a better version.

In the photo above, you'll see a sort-of-triangular sign to Baker's left, just to the right of the dark "square." Below and to the right of that sign, you see what appear to be the figures of two people (men?) standing nearby each other, and to their right, a couple of "bumps" that could be two people's heads standing very close to each other. One of those two is actually running to the east, pretty much apace with Baker. You'll have to watch the film ....

Right now, my verdict is that "the tie goes to the runner" whether or not Worrell was in DP at all that day. About 10-15% of what I've put together so far is started on another thread here (James Worrell: Fact or Fiction?). We'll see where it goes ....

Edited by Duke Lane

HI LEE,

I THINK I FOUND WORRELL.

GO TO; HTTP://JFKMURDERPHOTOS.BRAVEHOST.COM [Couch film]

THIS CLIP SHOWS THE MOTORCADE CLEARING ELM AND HOUSTON FROM THE SW CORNER OF HOUSTON AND ELM AND AS IT PANS TO THE RIGHT THERE IS A GUY HAULING ASS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE FRONT DOOR OF THE DEPOSITORY. I WOULD SAY HE IS WEARING A SPORT COAT OR SUIT COAT OR POSSIBLY A JACKET. WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS LOOKING WEST ON ELM AND SOME STARTING TO MOVE IN THAT DIRECTION THIS GUY SEEMS TO BE RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION WHICH, IN THE DIRECTION HE IS RUNNING WOULD TAKE HIM RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER OF THE DEPOSITORY JUST LIKE HE SAID HE DID.

THIS CLIP DOEN'T SHOW HIM GOING AROUND THE CORNER BECAUSE ITS NOT THAT LONG AND HE IS BEHIND ALOT OF THE CROWD FROM THE VANTAGE POINT OF THE CAMERA. SOMEONE WITH BETTER EUIPMENT THAN I HAVE MAY BE ABLE TO BRING UP THIS MAN'S FEATURES TO SEE IF HE MIGHT BE OUR GUY.

GOOD HUNTING

JIM FEEMSTER

Without being able to download the film and see just what guy you're talking about, I just wanted to point out that Roy Truly raced to the front door of the depository in order to cut off officer Baker.

FWIW, Robert Groden identifies Baker in the Couch Film on his Assassassination Films DVD.

Edited by Pat Speer

Without being able to download the film and see just what guy you're talking about, I just wanted to point out that Roy Truly raced to the front door of the depository in order to cut off officer Baker.

FWIW, Robert Groden identifies Baker in the Couch Film on his Assassassination Films DVD.

From that particular version of the film, Jim is talking about Marrion Baker. There is also someone running along the sidewalk directly in front of the TSBD who is not Roy Truly who, tho' he may have raced to the front door, did not do so from the western end of the building.

Mr. Belin
. Do you remember where you were standing with Mr. Campbell?

Mr. Truly
. I would judge out in Elm Street, 10 to 15 or 20 feet from the front steps. We first stood on the steps, the bottom steps a few minutes, and then we walked out in the line of spectators on the side of Elm Street. (
)

Otherwise ...?