The Education Forum

NEW --- Zavada-Fielding Z-film discussion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE Sat, March 4th 2006

I'm progressing this side of the topic-question, expect to post in the near future. And no, I'm not waiting for Rollie to post first. Not sure how Mr. Zavada is progressing.

BTW, any rebuttals, questions from our side, will be open to 'alteration' advocates. My initial request to limit the posting in the primary thread was rejected by JohnS., "...it's not forum policy to..."

I will post one rebuttal to Roland Zavada/Ray Fieldings' (editor regarding optical film printing issues-possibilities) initial post. I will then retire from the Ed Forum Z-film/DP film-photo debate. I mentioned same re: my Ed Forum DPlaza film/photo debate position in a email sent to Roland Zavada a few weeks ago.

For those with continued interest regarding Zapruder film subject matter, I will also relate, where forum members can purchase the Univ. of Minn Zapruder Film Symposium DVD's ALL presenters: JFetzer, DMantik, JWhite, JCostella, DLifton and myself in *FULL*, or individual presentations.

For the most, the book HOAX is a abbreviated version of what's included in the DVD set.

David Healy

I've accepted Roland Zavada's offer.

I've been in touch with Roland Zavada, over the next few day's we'll set a few parameters -- which may or may not include questions from forum members. There will be NO debate, discussion only.

David Healy

Sent : Monday, February 20, 2006 6:34 PM

Subject : A invitation for discussion re: The Zapruder Film

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox

David,

You wrote:

“I’d like to take this moment to ask for your participation in a discussion

surrounding the films of Dealey Plaza, November 1963. In particular, the

technical aspects of the Abraham Zapruder’s in camera-original film and the

original 3 optical film prints. The discussion will take place on John

Simkin’s Forum:

Primary topic under consideration is: Did/was the technical knowledge,

know-how, expertise, talent, optical film printing equipment available in

1963-64 for possible alteration. The discussion may branch to other Dealey

Plaza film scenarios.

In short, there'll be NO debate, only discussion.”

Although your invitation sounds intriguing, I do not want to be a part of a “forum” and Professor Fielding holds the same view. Even though you propose a time limit with no debate, discussion questions are a form of debate and they can be endless and exhausting. It is best if we confine ourselves to the facts as we know them.

I spoke with Professor Ray Fielding today and we can provide input to your question about the “capability of alteration” described in your paragraph two, above, as follows:

I will readdress the question of the improbability of alteration of the Zapruder camera original and the three Jamieson same-day copies – based on film technology, equipment, laboratory requirements and logistics. Professor Fielding has agreed to review and edit my comments so that prior to submission to your forum, you will have the views of a film expert endorsed by a special effects expert.

This will still require significant writing on my part which will take some time. Also I have no intent to “branch” to other Dealey Plaza film scenarios.

Please advise if this offer is acceptable.

Rollie Zavada

Edited by David G. Healy

"I will post one rebuttal to Roland Zavada/Ray Fieldings' (editor regarding optical film printing issues-possibilities) initial post. I will then retire from the Ed Forum Z-film/DP film-photo debate. I mentioned same re: my Ed Forum DPlaza film/photo debate position in a email sent to Roland Zavada a few weeks ago."

Does this mean that you will retire on your past position that you have never seen any evidence of alteration?

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

"I will post one rebuttal to Roland Zavada/Ray Fieldings' (editor regarding optical film printing issues-possibilities) initial post. I will then retire from the Ed Forum Z-film/DP film-photo debate. I mentioned same re: my Ed Forum DPlaza film/photo debate position in a email sent to Roland Zavada a few weeks ago."

Does this mean that you will retire on your past position that you have never sen any evidence of alteration?

Bill

follow the bouncing ball, Bill....