The Education Forum

A curio.

Guest Stephen Turner

From "Not In your Lifetime", page 397:

On the bus, Oswald sat next to a much older man who spoke with an English accent. An extensive search eventually led investigators to a person who had traveled under the name of John Bowen, but denied having sat next to Oswald. He claimed that he was a "missionary" who traveled extensively and that his most recent trip, begun just before the Kennedy assassination, had included France and Span. Intensive frontier checks revealed no record of entrance to either country. This man might not seem worth noting at all were it not that when tracked down he was using the name "Osborne". In New Orleans, the name Osborne had twice been used to order the printing of Fair Play for Cuba Committee material. This is likely a mere coincidence.

Really just a coincidence?

Paul:

No one besides Eddowes thinks Osborne was a KGB agent, at least I don't think.

Eddowes  determined that somehow the Russians had killed Kennedy.  In fact, the original title of his book was Khrushchev Killed Kennedy.  The book was originally financed by H. L. Hunt. (See Michael Benson, Who's Who in the JFK Assassination, p. 124)

But according to the latest work on Osborne at K and K, by John Kowalski, Osborne's location is undetermined that day.  If he was in England, with his family, I would say its pretty much a cinch it was him since the origin of the call is where he lived. Let us ask Ron.

Edited by James DiEugenio

49 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul:

No one besides Eddowes thinks Osborne was a KGB agent, at least I don't think.

Eddowes  determined that somehow the Russians had killed Kennedy.  In fact, the original title of his book was Khrushchev Killed Kennedy.  The book was originally financed by H. L. Hunt. (See Michael Benson, Who's Who in the JFK Assassination, p. 124)

But according to the latest work on Osborne at K and K, by John Kowalski, Osborne's location is undetermined that day.  If he was in England, with his family, I would say its pretty much a cinch it was him since the origin of the call is where he lived. Let us ask Ron.

According to the article

Mr Osborne had been staying with his sister Lillie Featherstone at the time.

While he was there, the colourful spy met his Lillie's son – his nephew Byron Featherstone – and his son Daryl, then 12, at their council house in the Lincolnshire town.  

Osborne's letter was revealed exclusively to MailOnline from his relative, Daryl Featherstone, who still lives in Grimsby

Daryl recalled: 'I don't remember much about the visit, I was only a young lad but I do remember my uncle, he was quite a character

Well if that its he case then, it appears he was probably there that day.

If that is true, then I think you would have to say that the call was made by him.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to who it could have been made by?

BTW, if Ron is still around, did you know about that letter?