The Education Forum

Picture help requested

Can anyone who is good at working with pictures enlarge the face of the man I have circled in two of these photos without getting it so pixelated that it becomes unrecognizable?

These come from page 43 of Commission Document 720

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...18&relPageId=43

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

post-669-1143577448_thumb.jpg

Hard to say and without better quality prints it's a dead end anyway IMO, as these can not be blown up with

convincing result, else we would know for decades.

Those pictures have been also discussed in the past on the other forum (lancer).

There's a person, not shown in this pictures (left side of where the girls would walk), wo realy does look like Oswald given his broad variety of "looks".

Maybe it's a Groden enhanced version, but, it's not Oswald i have been infomed in the past after posting it

on Lancer.

Does anyone know, what the cut out photo (middle row,second from top) did show ?

A stripper starting to unfold ? Maybe that's the picture I have mentioned.

Hard to say and without better quality prints it's a dead end anyway IMO, as these can not be blown up with

convincing result, else we would know for decades.

Agreed.

Steve, is it possible to source the negative? That's the only way you're going to be able to do much with this - an interpolator might do better than this quick job below - but realistically - IMO it's the same problem / challenge as always...the higher quality the source material, the higher quality the result. Did someone scan this for Mary, or is this a scan of a photocopy? Is the original negative on file with NARA?

Anyway - sorry not to be of much help.

- lee

post-675-1143584176_thumb.jpg

Lee,

Steve, is it possible to source the negative?

I don't know. These came from a series of pictures taken at the Carousel Club in early November, 1963. Some of them were published in the WC Hearings as Armstong exhibits 5303 A-M in 19H36-42

The one that shows this particular individual was on page 38, but only showed him from the back.

I had never seen him in profile before.

Steve Thomas

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Here's my effort on the top encircled image. The original image is slightly washed

out and facial features are almost non-existent. I have not bothered with

lower image as I can find nothing of real value there.

Hope this helps.

The images here do look vaguely like Oswald.

Try and find some known pictures of Oswald in a similar pose and compare.

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

Lee,

Steve, is it possible to source the negative?

I don't know. These came from a series of pictures taken at the Carousel Club in early November, 1963. Some of them were published in the WC Hearings as Armstong exhibits 5303 A-M in 19H36-42

The one that shows this particular individual was on page 38, but only showed him from the back.

I had never seen him in profile before.

Steve Thomas

I may be wrong, but I think the photographer was a chap named Eddie Rocco. He was a bit-part actor in Hollywood who then took up photography, taking lots of excellent photos of R&B acts [and in the early to mid 60s a lot of white rock bands]. Many of those were compiled by Canadian pop-cult archeologist Miriam Linna in "The Great Lost Photographs of Eddie Rocco" [Kicks/Norton Books - 1997]. In '63, Rocco was based in Fort Worth and did a lot of work for a magazine there called Sepia, which was an Ebony-styled periodical dedicated to highlighting African-Americans and their achievements. The Sepia photo archives were donated to the African American Museum in Dallas, so it's possible that some of Rocco's photos reside there. Can't say whether the Armstrong exhibit photos would be among them, though. Attached are some of Rocco's photos of The Treniers in action at a club.

post-2206-1143728747_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
Gary Mack has just advised me that Eddie Rocco's photos were sold to LIFE magazine within days after Ruby shot Oswald. Consequently, they're either in the LIFE vaults and perhaps available for historical research, or they've been sucked into a black hole.

There has to be a good reason to update such an old thread, mine is regarding Ruby's assertion that the person who was confused with the "Oswald" who appeared at the Carousel was Eddie Rocco, who was mentioned earlier in this thread. This thread looked like as good a place as any to post the WC photo of Rocco...

My thoughts are, there is no way Jack could have believed Rocco could have stood up to scrutiny, if anyone back then had the wherewithal to dig into this little nook, but that would imply someone was trying to dig deeper.....

Could Larry Ronco and Eddie Rocco be the same person?

Eddie Rocco was a photographer.

Larry Ronco worked for Kodak in Rochester, New York, and supossidly dated Beverly Olver and gave her the experimental camera she used to film the assassination.

There is a Eddie Rocco photo studio still in business in upstate New York.

I have a sneaky suspicion they are one and the same person.

BK

Bill,

Larry Ronco was a younger man than Rocco. Here is Ronco below.

James

Thanks James,

I knew things just couldn't be that simple.

How about this guy?

http://www.larryrocco.com/

I saw the URL, but I could not see an image of him......There is still something interesting.......Rocco wasn't the only photographer Jack Ruby knew, although the source is someone I don't like, there was another photographer named Jimmy Rhodes.....Anyone familiar with him......

The only reason I know about him was from a article one of the McAdams circle [David Perry] did which, you could say more or less refuted Ricky White's story......But I don't have a problem with that as long as there is no deception involved......I would still like to see the diary though....

The reason I do not like the person who wrote the article, is over this section..

"John Stockwell, a former CIA task force chief, looked at the cables [Operation Mandarin

and stated he thought there was a 90 to 95% probability that they were genuine."

Just so the record is clear, it is true that John Stockwell is a former CIA task force chief but he was station chief in Angola, Africa."

So there you have it, a former CIA Station Chief states the ostensibly "bogus" Mandarin files asserts he feels 90 to 95% certain, the cables were genuine, and all this clown can do is play semantics with his title.......

In all fairness though, there is an additional segment regarding Stockwell.

"During 1992 John and I frequently corresponded about the White case.

At the time, he was working on a manuscript for a book with the intention of disclosing what was going on "Inside the Ricky/Geneva/Roscoe White Story." Stockwell's comment about the cables was based upon the fact that although he "observed that they were NOT formal Naval Intelligence or CIA cables, NOT the work of career case officers...[he] had seen comparable documents in the correspondence between...mercenary operatives."

See

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspir...40945c793257f46

On the other hand, he did provide some very detailed information regarding Roscoe White's employment with the Dallas Police dept, even including his references.....

PS So if I understand Perry correctly, he states that in the Nov 27, 1988 issue of Time Magazine there is a picture of, who, members of the White family claim is Geneva Dees with Jack Ruby...Is that so? Jimmy Rhodes was the photographer according to Perry.

Edited by Robert Howard