The Education Forum

Picture of the RIFLEMAN on Stemmonds Expressway

bold

In Penn Jone's book " Forgive My Grief lll "{Revised }, opposite page 56, see the photo of the motorcade enroute to Parkland.

This photo was taken on the east side of

Stemmonds aiming west.

In the background see the image of a man with a rifle, ' RIFLEMAN ' , on top of what later became the S & H Green Stamp Building.

If you don't have this book I think Penn got this photo from the Warren Comm. Hearings, Vol. XXl, page 782.

As you are probably aware there were reports of men with rifles at Cobb Stadium, the Pearl Beer Billboard, and the Dallas Water Works Building , according to Penn Jones.

BUT THIS IS A PICTURE OF A MAN WITH A RIFLE , STANDING DOWN, PROBABLY NOTIFIED BY RADIO THAT JFK DIDN'T NEED ANYMORE BULLETS IN HIM.

THERE WILL PROBABLY BE THOSE THAT ASK, "JIM, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS MAN HAS A RIFLE IN HIS HANDS?"

MY ANSWER : HE AIN'T CARRYING CURTAIN RODS ATOP A BUILDING THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE AN EXCELLENT VANTAGE POINT ALONG THE KNOWN ROUTE OF THE MOTORCADE TO THE TRADEMART.

IF RADIOS WERE USED IN DEALY PLAZA THEY WERE LIKELY IN USE TO TELL THOSE OUTSIDE OF THE TRIANGLATION TO " STAND DOWN - WE GOT HIM ! "

BUT IN THE EVENT THEY DIDN'T GET HIM IN DEALY PLAZA---- HE SIMPLY COULD NOT LEAVE DALLAS ALIVE. ONCE THE FIRST SHOT WAS FIRED THERE WAS NO TURNING BACK. JFK HAD TO DIE!

THINK OF WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED IF JFK WAS ONLY WOUNDED IN THE ARM OR GOT CONNALLY'S WOUNDS AND LIVED TO BRING DOWN THE RATH OF GOD ON THE CONSPIRATORS WHO EVER THEY WERE. AND WITHOUT THE HEAD SHOT THIS VERY WELL COULD HAVE BEEN THE CASE.

I THINK SOME " BADGEMAN " TYPE OF IMAGE ENHANCEMENT NEEDS TO BE APPLIED TO THE " RIFLEMAN"

IN THIS PHOTO. HIS IMAGE IS MUCH LARGER THAN THE SLIVER OF FILM FROM THE MUCHMOORE PHOTO THE " BADGEMAN " IMAGE COMES FROM.

I KNOW SOME OF YOU FOLKS OUT THERE HAVE CAPABILITIES TO DO THIS BUT I DO NOT.

WHAT CONCLUSIONS WOULD THE WC HAVE HAD TO COME TO IF OTHER SHOTS WERE NEEDED OUTSIDE DEALY PLAZA. WHAT POSITION WOULD LHO HAD BEEN IN. WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN THE OTHER PATSIES

FRAMED. BUT FOR A COUGH OR A SNEEZE JFK'S LIMO MIGHT HAVE BEEN RIDDLED WITH MAGIC BULLETS BEFORE IT REACHED PARKLAND . HOW MANY MORE LIMO OCCUPANTS MIGHT HAVE BEEN HIT. AFTER ALL I DON'T BELIEVE CONNALLY WAS THE TARGET OR A TARGET. AND YET HE GOT HIT PRETTY GOOD.

JIM FEEMSTER

MIDLOTHIAN, TX.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is a link to p. 782 in v. 21.

I don't think a man would be standing there with a rifle still in view if he had been told on the radio that no more shots were needed.

On the same page is a crop of Altens 6. I suppose it's just the quality of the copy, but I could almost be persuaded that the copy has been doctored.

Just to the left of the car carrying LBJ's SS men is the Latin-looking man who in clear copies has a hand in front of his face with what looks like a radio or something with what looks like an antenna. (I don't have his image to post but perhaps someone can.) In this WC copy, there is no trace of his hand in front of his face or the device it appeared to be holding. FWIW.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...Vol21_0403b.htm

Below is a link to p. 782 in v. 21.

I don't think a man would be standing there with a rifle still in view if he had been told on the radio that no more shots were needed.

On the same page is a crop of Altens 6. I suppose it's just the quality of the copy, but I could almost be persuaded that the copy has been doctored.

Just to the left of the car carrying LBJ's SS men is the Latin-looking man who in clear copies has a hand in front of his face with what looks like a radio or something with what looks like an antenna. (I don't have his image to post but perhaps someone can.) In this WC copy, there is no trace of his hand in front of his face or the device it appeared to be holding. FWIW.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...Vol21_0403b.htm

Ron,

The image on the right below comes from the photograph in that link you posted. The quality of the images does come into consideration here but there does seem to be some discrepancies.

James

Here is the image of Penn's that Jim refers to. I always

called it the CORHAM CHEVROLET photo, since the building

cropped out at left is that car dealer. The building with the

"rifleman" on the roof appears to be an insurance company.

Maybe later it was a Green Stamps building.

Jack

James,

Thanks for the image. I guess it's not really the man's hand that's visible but the radio or device itself that he seems to be holding up. I wondered if the device might be something protruding from the SS car, but can't imagine what it would be.

Also, the lower right part (his right) of his face is obscured by something dark that seems to be in front of him. I thought perhaps a person's shoulder, but I can't make out any person there.

But you're right that there is some discrepancy, the two images don't seem to match, and the radio (?) is a missing part.

Ron

Robin...that is a very poor quality CORHAM image you have.

The best I have seen was printed I think in the Saturday Evening

Post. Is that the only version you have of it? Penn's is better,

and he shot it from the Volumes halftone.

I have never seen a print of sufficient quality to determine

what the "gunman" is.

Jack

Hi Jack.

Yeh, i wasn't really concentrating on the man with the rifle when i posted that image.

I was simply trying to add a WIDER perspective to the overall scene to include the Corham Dealership.

It would be impossible to try and make out any details regarding the man with the rifle on the roof, from the image i posted.

Edited by Robin Unger

bold

In Penn Jone's book " Forgive My Grief lll "{Revised }, opposite page 56, see the photo of the motorcade enroute to Parkland.

This photo was taken on the east side of

Stemmonds aiming west.

In the background see the image of a man with a rifle, ' RIFLEMAN ' , on top of what later became the S & H Green Stamp Building.

If you don't have this book I think Penn got this photo from the Warren Comm. Hearings, Vol. XXl, page 782.

As you are probably aware there were reports of men with rifles at Cobb Stadium, the Pearl Beer Billboard, and the Dallas Water Works Building , according to Penn Jones.

BUT THIS IS A PICTURE OF A MAN WITH A RIFLE , STANDING DOWN, PROBABLY NOTIFIED BY RADIO THAT JFK DIDN'T NEED ANYMORE BULLETS IN HIM.

THERE WILL PROBABLY BE THOSE THAT ASK, "JIM, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS MAN HAS A RIFLE IN HIS HANDS?"

MY ANSWER : HE AIN'T CARRYING CURTAIN RODS ATOP A BUILDING THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE AN EXCELLENT VANTAGE POINT ALONG THE KNOWN ROUTE OF THE MOTORCADE TO THE TRADEMART.

IF RADIOS WERE USED IN DEALY PLAZA THEY WERE LIKELY IN USE TO TELL THOSE OUTSIDE OF THE TRIANGLATION TO " STAND DOWN - WE GOT HIM ! "

BUT IN THE EVENT THEY DIDN'T GET HIM IN DEALY PLAZA---- HE SIMPLY COULD NOT LEAVE DALLAS ALIVE. ONCE THE FIRST SHOT WAS FIRED THERE WAS NO TURNING BACK. JFK HAD TO DIE!

THINK OF WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED IF JFK WAS ONLY WOUNDED IN THE ARM OR GOT CONNALLY'S WOUNDS AND LIVED TO BRING DOWN THE RATH OF GOD ON THE CONSPIRATORS WHO EVER THEY WERE. AND WITHOUT THE HEAD SHOT THIS VERY WELL COULD HAVE BEEN THE CASE.

I THINK SOME " BADGEMAN " TYPE OF IMAGE ENHANCEMENT NEEDS TO BE APPLIED TO THE " RIFLEMAN"

IN THIS PHOTO. HIS IMAGE IS MUCH LARGER THAN THE SLIVER OF FILM FROM THE MUCHMOORE PHOTO THE " BADGEMAN " IMAGE COMES FROM.

I KNOW SOME OF YOU FOLKS OUT THERE HAVE CAPABILITIES TO DO THIS BUT I DO NOT.

WHAT CONCLUSIONS WOULD THE WC HAVE HAD TO COME TO IF OTHER SHOTS WERE NEEDED OUTSIDE DEALY PLAZA. WHAT POSITION WOULD LHO HAD BEEN IN. WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN THE OTHER PATSIES

FRAMED. BUT FOR A COUGH OR A SNEEZE JFK'S LIMO MIGHT HAVE BEEN RIDDLED WITH MAGIC BULLETS BEFORE IT REACHED PARKLAND . HOW MANY MORE LIMO OCCUPANTS MIGHT HAVE BEEN HIT. AFTER ALL I DON'T BELIEVE CONNALLY WAS THE TARGET OR A TARGET. AND YET HE GOT HIT PRETTY GOOD.

JIM FEEMSTER

MIDLOTHIAN, TX.

Hi Jim.

The quality of the photo is a bit of an issue, or factor, as well as the quality of the source. You'd need an original print, IMO, to be able to do much here.

But I like the scenario you have laid out - and I am in alignment. There are many details that are still unknowns on that day - for example, another team at the Trademart, and failsafe measures that may have been in place in Dealey Plaza - maybe even Parkland.

Just a theory - but it makes sense. The original plan was the expectation of retaliation from the cowards riding in the Queen Mary. There was none - after the change-up at Love Field, and with hangovers from drinking grain alcohol, etc., all fled and protected the essentially deceased President all the way to Parkland after failing Prime One responsibility - with no consequences for failure at all! The first shot should have at least provoked a response or a reaction of some kind - and to the amazement of all the shooters present - some who may have withheld their fire - didn't.

Since there was no way of knowing whether or not the bubbletop would be up or down, some individuals had especially modified rounds - which were used instead on an unprotected head - which is why it exploded with some pieces of skull having hair attached.

As the multiple shots did in fact eliminate the target - and since the cowards fled - no need for the failsafe measures, which may have included the use of automatic weapons and some form of explosive devices.

Some operatives were dropped without knowing the assignment, and were totally taken off guard when they recognized who the target was - and were in a hurry to place as much distance from the city as possible.

Too many out-of-town operatives were in town to have simply been acting in any capacity in Dealey Plaza whether it be scrounger, impersonation, recorder, weapons transporter, Oswald handler, etc.

Kennedy wasn't leaving Dallas without being publicly executed in true PSYOPs fashion - and it was all recorded - even though we've only got the pieces and glimpses through their rose colored glasses. Let's come back to this post in 10 years and see how much progress has been made towards validation. :P

- lee

I personally doubt that what we see is a man with a gun. For one thing it seems like the wrong place to be if one wanted to shoot at JFK because the car would have been traveling right to left across his field of view with Jackie between he and the President. Also, this location is not on the motorcade route, which is another reason it makes little sense to me for a gunman to be standing atop of a building so far from the street where the President was not expected to be traveling. If it was thought for some reason that this route may have been used by the SS if shots had been fired back in Dealey Plaza, then surely an assassin had to of known that the limo would be traveling at a higher rate of speed as it raced on to safety. The whole idea that this is someone who was out to shoot the President is about nill IMO.

Bill

Honestly, I'm not seeing a man with a rifle either. It appears to me to just be an object in the "skyline", so to speak. I agree with the thought that this "rifleman" would be on the wrong side to take a shot.

Additionally, if this is an actual gunman at this position, what in the world would make him stand up holding a rifle in plain sight, that he/she is certainly not aiming? If the rifleman had this important task of taking a shot at the President, on the wrong side of the highway, with the limo traveling at a high rate of speed, then why in the world is he not in a firing position to eliminate his target??

If he was receiving radio contact from Dealey Plaza, more than likely he would already be gone, or at least just watching the limo speed by. I doubt he would stand in plain view with an exposed rifle in hand.

Nevertheless, I'm not seeing a "rifleman", or even a human, but that's just me.