The Education Forum

Research Help: Document Needed!

Does anyone have a copy of - or an online reference to - the report referenced in the subtitle of this topic? Of particular interest is the statement(s) made by or attributed to Sam Pate on or around page six of this report. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Does anyone have a copy of - or an online reference to - the report referenced in the subtitle of this topic? Of particular interest is the statement(s) made by or attributed to Sam Pate on or around page six of this report. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Duke - maybe it's this one:

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : FBI

RECORD NUMBER : 124-10028-10387

RECORDS SERIES : HQ

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 62-109060-2649

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI

TO : [No To]

TITLE : [No Title]

DATE : 03/13/1964

PAGES : 14

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : JFK, STATEMENT, INTV, ROMACK, JAMES ELBERT, RACKLEY,

GEORGE W., PATE, SAMUEL, MACK, TSBD

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 10/26/1992

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/DPQ/sports~1.htm

William Weston may have it - he may reference it in the piece he did, linked above.

- lee

Duke - maybe it's this one:

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/DPQ/sports~1.htm

William Weston may have it - he may reference it in the piece he did, linked above.

- lee

Maybe ... tho' I'm not sure my asking will elicit a response!! Can't hurt to try, however. Thanks!

Duke,

You can find an online copy of the report here:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...928&relPageId=2

Steve Thomas

Duke,

Steve Thomas

Awesome.

So Duke, what does Pate have to say about Romack and Rackley? How could they have missed whoever Pate saw running? If Pate saw Worrell, and he didn't appear to be sure, then why does Worrell's story about the path he took seem to differ from Pate's account? If Romack and Rackley saw no one - what door did Adams take?

Miss ADAMS - A tree. and we heard a shot, and it was a pause, and then a second shot, and then a third shot.

It sounded like a firecracker or a cannon at a football game, it seemed as if it came from the right below rather than from the left above. Possibly because of the report. And after the third shot, following that, the third shot, I went to the back of the building down the back stairs, and encountered Bill Shelley and Bill Lovelady on the first floor on the way out to the Houston Street dock.

Mr. BELIN - When you say on the way out to the Houston Street dock, you mean now you were on the way out?

Miss ADAMS - While I was on the way out.

Mr. BELIN - Was anyone going along with you?

Miss ADAMS - Yes, sir; Sandra Styles.

Mr. BELIN - Sometime after the third shot, and I don't want to get into the actual period of time yet, you went back into the stockroom which would be to the north of where your offices are located on the fourth floor, is that correct?

Miss ADAMS - Yes, sir; that's correct.

Mr. BELIN - When you got into the stockroom, where did you go?

Miss ADAMS - I went to the back stairs.

Mr. BELIN - Are there any other stairs that lead down from the fourth floor other than those back stairs in the rear of the stockroom?

Miss ADAMS - No, sir.

Mr. BELIN - Those stairs would be in the northwest comer of the building, is that correct?

Miss ADAMS - That's correct.

Mr. BELIN - You took those stairs. Were you walking or running as you went down the stairs?

Miss ADAMS - I was running. We were running.

Mr. BELIN - What kind of shoes did you have on?

Miss ADAMS - Three-inch heels.

Mr. BELIN - You had heels. Now, as you were running down the stairs, did you encounter anyone?

Miss ADAMS - Not during the actual running down the stairs; no, sir.

Mr. BELIN - After you left the Scott Foresman office and went into the stock-room, did you see anyone until you got to the stairs on the fourth floor other than the person you were with?

Miss ADAMS - Outside of our office employees; no.

Mr. BELIN - Would these office employees that you might have seen, all be women?

Miss ADAMS - Yes, sir.

Mr. BELIN - Then you got to the stairs and you started going down the stairs. You went from the fourth floor to the third floor?

Miss ADAMS - That's correct?

Mr. BELIN - Anyone on the stairs then?

Miss ADAMS - No, sir.

Mr. BELIN - Let me ask you this. As you got to the stairs on the fourth floor, did you notice whether or not the elevator was running?

Miss ADAMS - The elevator was not moving.

Mr. BELIN - How do you know it was not moving on some other floor?

Miss ADAMS - Because the cables move when the elevator is moved, and this is evidenced because of a wooden grate.

Mr. BELIN - By that you mean a wooden door with slats in it that you have to lift up to get on the elevator?

Miss ADAMS - Yes.

Mr. BELIN - Did you look to see if the elevator was moving?

Miss ADAMS - It was not; no, sir.

Mr. BELIN - It was not moving?

Miss ADAMS - No.

Mr. BELIN - Did you happen to see where the elevator might have been located?

Miss ADAMS - No, sir.

Mr. BELIN - As you got to the third floor, did you take a look at the elevator again at all, or not, if you remember?

Miss ADAMS - I can't recall.

Mr. BELIN - As you got off the stairs on the third floor, did you see anyone on the third floor?

Miss ADAMS - No, sir.

Mr. BELIN - Then you immediately went to the stairs going down from the third to the second?

Mr. BELIN - As you ran down the stairs, did you see anyone on the stairs?

Miss ADAMS - No, sir.

Mr. BELIN - All right. You got down to the second floor. Did you see anyone by the second floor?

Miss ADAMS - No, sir.

Mr. BELIN - Did you immediately turn and run and keep on running down the stairs towards the first floor?

Miss ADAMS - Yes.

Mr. BELIN - When you got to the bottom of the first floor, did you see anyone there as you entered the first floor from the stairway?

Miss ADAMS - Yes, sir.

Mr. BELIN - Who did you see?

Miss ADAMS - Mr. Bill Shelley and Billy Lovelady.

Mr. BELIN - Where did you see them on the first floor?

Miss ADAMS - Well, this is the stairs, and this is the Houston Street dock that I went out. They were approximately in this position here, so I don't know how you would describe that.

Mr. BELIN - Now what did you do after you encountered Mr. Shelley and Mr. Lovelady?

Miss ADAMS - I said I believed the President was shot.

Mr. BELIN - Do you remember what they said?

Miss ADAMS - Nothing.

Mr. BELIN - Then what did you do?

Miss ADAMS - I proceeded out to the Houston Street dock.

Mr. BELIN - That would be on this same diagram? It is marked Houston Street dock, and you went through what would be the north door, which is towards the rear of the first floor, is that correct?

And down some stairs towards the rear of the dock?

Mr. BELIN - Where did you go from there?

Miss ADAMS - I proceeded--which way is east and west?

Mr. BELIN - East is here. East is towards Houston, and west is towards the railroad tracks. You went east or west? Towards the railroad tracks or towards Houston Street?

Miss ADAMS - I went west towards the tracks.

Mr. BELIN - How far west did you go?

Miss ADAMS - I went approximately 2 yards within the tracks and there was an officer standing there, and he said, "Get back to the building." And I said, "But I work here."

And he said, "That is tough, get back." I said, "Well, was the President shot?" And he said, "I don't know. Go back." And I said, "All right."

Isn't this the same door? Why didn't they notice Adams? And if they didn't see Adams, how reliable are they as witnesses?

It just kind of upset me to know there is some monkey just hatched up such a story.
Mr. BELIN. But would you say it was about that time that the motorcade was to be going by there?

Mr. RACKLEY. It was between 11 and 12.

Mr. BELIN. It was between 11 and 12?

Mr. RACKLEY. Yes.

Mr. BELIN. O'clock?

Mr. RACKLEY. Yes.

Mr. BELIN. What time did you - was this before or after you had lunch?

Mr. RACKLEY. Well. I just eat just any time I get a chance.

Mr. BELIN. Do you know accurately what time it was?

Mr. RACKLEY. No, sir; I don't.

Mr. BELIN. Could it have been as late as 12:30?

Mr. RACKLEY. No.

Mr. BELIN. It was before 12:30?

Mr. RACKLEY. Yes.

Mr. BELIN. Before 12?

Mr. RACKLEY. Yes.

Mr. BELIN. Sometime between 11 and 12?

Mr. RACKLEY. Well, it was at the time that, really, that they had shot him, because I was there when the policemen covered the place

Are you kidding? Is this some kind of joke?

Sam Pate arrived at around 12:35pm it sounds like - does he remember conversing with Romack and Rackley for 25 minutes? What would Loy Factor say about these fellows? :o

- lee

Duke,

Steve Thomas

Thanks, Steve - you da man!!