The Education Forum

Fetzer rewrites the history of Hinckley’s attempt on Reagan

Fetzer suspects Bush was behind the attempt on Reagan and that members of the Hinckley family set John Hinckley JR. up to be a 'Manchurian candidate". In support of this in book on the Wellstone crash, "American Assassination" he wrote on page 68 (1st edition, chap. 4, "poisonous precedents" section), "John Hinckley SR., a major a major Bush campaign contributor, was arrested in 1980 for possessing a .38 caliber pistol, two .22 caliber handguns and fifty round of ammunition. His son John Hinckley JR…". Just like most of the assertions in the book NO source is provided

LOL!!!! Ummmmm, excuse me Mr. PhD. "scholar" but it was John Jr., the son who shot Reagan, not John Sr. the "Bush campaign contributor" who was arrested at the Nashville airport with all those guns.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/reagan/peopleevents/pande02.html

http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/assassins/john_hinckley/4.html

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20031123-111641-7935r.htm

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950CE3DF1E39F936A35757C0A967948260&sec=health&pagewanted=print

Of course this doesn't have anything to do with the Wellstone crash or the authenticity of the Zapruder film etc but it just goes to show how Fetzer is totally unreliable and shoddy his research is

As usual Colby talks when he does not know the facts.

Dr. Fetzer is right. Hinckley DID NOT shoot Reagan. He only shot AT him.

Like LHO, Hinckley was a patsy...as those know who have studied the

event. Hinckley's gun was a SIX-SHOTER. On videotapes SEVEN SHOTS

ARE CLEARLY HEARD. Provably the first six shots did NOT HIT REAGAN.

The seventh shot did hit Reagan and was fired from ABOVE.

Gary Mack and I studied this event for months. Here is one page about it

out of a total of six pages (too many to post here).

The motive of the assassination attempt was to elevate the vice president.

Jack

Attached is one page of several showing the Reagan shooting

from videotape stopped at each of six shots.

The complete analysis, done by Gary Mack and confirmed by

me, shows that NONE OF THESE SIX SHOTS HIT REAGAN.

He was hit by the seventh shot...fired by someone other than

Hinckley.

For the complete articles, see THE CONTINUING INQUIRY.

Jack

LOL - Are you so embarrassed by your cohort's stupid mistake that you want to change the subject. His mistake was in identifying which John Hinckley was arrested at the airport Carter was arriving at in 1980 NOT who shot Reagan a few months later.

And all due respect to Gary aside, I find his analysis in this case rather unconvincing.

Len

Jack,

Easier said than done. How does one see The Continuing Inquiry? I would love to be able to read all the old issues.

Ron

Jack,

Easier said than done. How does one see The Continuing Inquiry? I would love to be able to read all the old issues.

Ron

Soon the Penn Jones Collection at Baylor University will have them all online. They

still are missing a few copies which I am trying to help them get.

Try Googling PENN JONES COLLECTION BAYLOR.

Jack

Jack,

Ron

Soon the Penn Jones Collection at Baylor University will have them all online. They

still are missing a few copies which I am trying to help them get.

Try Googling PENN JONES COLLECTION BAYLOR.

Jack

There are a few problems with your and Gary’s analysis:

1) Gary said that Hinckley’s six shots could clearly be heard but the “7th” shot it seems can only be heard on close inspection. People study forensic audio analysis for years and even so the experts don’t agree (think of the dictabelt tape). You don’t have any training professional or demonstrable experience or expertise in the subject nor do Tom Davis, the bookstore owner, or Gary AFAIK. You have years of experience as a photographer and your photo-analysis is very questionable, imagine audio a field in which you have little or no experience. One also wonders why they wouldn’t have equipped the 2nd gunman with a silencer.

2) You and Gary said you analyzed the stills of the moments of the 6 shots, once again neither of you have any proven experience or expertise in the field. Your ignorance of photogrammetry is of course infamous. I don’t know how you expect us to believe you could determine the paths of the bullets, again this is a subject for people who have years of experience not for ammeters. Reagan was believed to have been hit by the sixth shot so discounting the first 5 is of little value. I can’t criticize what I haven’t seen so please post the page with your analysis of the 6th and “7th” shots. Reagan it should be noted did not realize he’d been shot till he was in the limo. It’s not uncommon for people not to notice they’ve been injured during moments of extreme stress until after things have calmed down. One also wonders if they had set up this elaborate plot why they hadn’t trained Hinckley to shoot better, he shot six times from close range and you would have us believe never hit his target.

3) As for the rest of the evidence it proves little: a) please provide the texts of Lesley Stahl and Judy Woodruff saying there was a 2nd shooter. B) the images of the man on the terrace prove little, there is no sign he has a gun, who was he - a SS agent, a guest at the hotel? It makes little sense that they would have arranged this elaborate plot and used a 2nd shooter in plain sight. c) nor does the spectators pointing up at the terrace prove much it’s normal for witnesses to give varying accounts of an event (the Rashomon effect) did any of them say the heard or saw a shooter? The president had been shot, they saw someone on a terrace, they ponted at him. If there was any indication he or someone else had shot why didn’t any of the cops or SS agents do anything? Since one SS agent took a bullet for the president and another pushed him to safety in the limo it’s had to believe they were “in on it”.

4) AFAIK, there are no witnesses who say the heard or saw a 2nd shooter.

5) IIRC all the bullets including the one from Reagan’s chest were shown to have been shot from the Hinckley’s gun.

6) This theory supposes that the Hinckley family set up John Jr. their son/brother up as a patsy to spend the rest of his life in prison or a mental hospital in order to make their friend George H.W. Bush president so as to avoid paying having their company pay a $ 2 million fine. How much did they spend for his legal defense? How much have they spent to keep him in a private mental hospital for the last 25 years? How much more will they spend until de dies? Those expenses aside why would a wealthy family “sell out” their own son/brother to avoid paying (for them) such a relatively small fine? Also the fine was only threatened, is there any evidence of any impropriety in it not being levied. I’m not even sure Vanderbilt Oil HAD been threatened with the legendary fine. I have not seen it mentioned by any reliable sources.

LOL - I just got an e-mail from Gary

Hi Len, Notice the title of the 24 year old article: Network tapes may reveal a second Reagan gunman. The key word is MAY. I didn't know then and I don't know now whether that seventh noise was a shot or not. The rest of the article makes it fairly clear that we were speculating and that we couldn't tell which shot or shots did what. The account only reflects what we thought at the time. The subsequent investigation concluded that Hinckley was the only gunman and his gun could fire only six shots, so one of those noises, probably the last, must not have been a shot. I'm not aware of any subsequent information suggesting our early analysis was correct. That is why I insisted the headline include the qualifier word "May." Gary Mack

LOL

I looked into this shooting a few years back and, while I did not come to the conclusion that Hinkley was set up, I did come to the conclusion that certain parts of the story were deliberately omitted by the media. 1) For obvious political reasons, the media (for the most part) failed to report the ties between the Hinkleys and the Bushes. Hinkley's brother was friends with Neil Bush... the Hinkley family had lived in the same neighborhood as the Bushes in Midland. If I remember correctly dubya even admitted he knew them. 2) Hinkley's motive was deliberately "simplified" for the American public; while the media presented his motive as trying to impress Jodie Foster, they left out that he was trying to impress her by shooting Reagan with a handgun, and thereby bring about legislation that would restrict people's access to handguns! The media, perhaps fearing a backlash against the gun lobby, or perhaps fearing a backlash against the proponents of gun control, mostly left this out. His anti-handgun agenda is laid out in a series of letters re-printed in his parent's book.

Hinckley had a double, Edward Richardson, apparently an alterate patsy who was prepared for the same mission with the same MO at the same time. Both were out to kill Reagan, both were captivated by Jodie Foster, both had lived in Lakewood CO, both had stayed at the same hotel in New Haven, etc. Len, of course, will say this is all coincidence.

As reported in the New York Times:

http://www.underreported.com/modules.php?o...order=0&thold=0

"5) IIRC all the bullets including the one from Reagan’s chest were shown to have been shot from the Hinckley’s gun."...Colby

ALL of the bullets WERE NEVER RECOVERED!

Get the facts right before shooting your mouth off. Nobody disputes that

Hinckley fired SIX SHOTS. There was NO BULLET FOUND IN REAGAN'S

CHEST. Press reports described "it" as A SLIVER OF METAL THIN AS A

DIME, and theorized that it STRUCK REAGAN AFTER HE WAS IN THE

CAR, AND IT WAS FLATTENED WHEN IT STRUCK THE DOOR FRAME. Look

it up! It could NOT be matched ballistically to the Hinckley gun.

Study of the tapes reveals six shots accounted for before/as/after Reagan

entered the car. Gary wrongly misremembers all this in his lame attempt

to distance himself from his previous well-considered analysis.

By the way, PHOTOGRAMMETRY is not involved in any way in this

study. Gary used very sensitive professional tape equipment at

Channel 5 to pinpoint the sound of each shot, froze the image onscreen

at each shot, and I photographed the screen image at each shot.

There was NO IMAGE showing Reagan being shot; indeed none

of the first six shots could possibly have hit Reagan! Thus Hinckley,

who fired the first six shots, did not shoot Reagan...only AT HIM.

Each image matched the sound of a shot as heard on equipment

which advanced the videotape one frame at a time...a thirtieth

of a second apart.

Sumarizing from Gary's PROFESSIONAL VIDEO analysis (Gary

at this time edited videotape professionally) wherein he professionally

determined the matching sounds and images precisely:

Shot 1: hits Brady who falls instantly, Reagan not hit

Shot 2: Reagan is waving, not hit. Deaver ducks; Parr and McCarthy look around,

shot appears to hit nobody

Shot 3: Reagan is still erect behind car door, shielded from Hinckley, officer

Delahanty is hit, falls

Shot 4: SSman McCarthy is hit and knocked back, SSman Parr pushes Reagan

into car

Shot 5: bullet is seen to stike bulletproof glass of car window; Reagan completely inside

of car

Shot 6: Camera pans around at sound of shot and gun is seen in Hinckley's

hand...THE GUN IS POINTING UPWARD as someone has grabbed Hinckley,

and gun is not even pointed toward car.

IN FACT, REAGAN SAID HE DID NOT REALIZE HE WAS SHOT TILL SS AGENT

PARR SHOVED HIM INTO THE CAR, AND HE FELT AN INTENSE PAIN IN

HIS ARMPIT WHERE PARR HAD GRABBED HIM TO SHOVE HIM. This led

Penn Jones and others to speculate that Parr administered some sort of

hand-held weapon as a "backup" to the Hinckley shots. Penn speculated

that it was a palm gun Penn called a JOY-BUZZER. Doctors at first wondered

why they COULD FIND NO BULLET, but eventually found what they

described as a SLIVER OF METAL NEAR THE HEART. Look it up!

The press SPECULATED that from the entry wound in the armpit UNDER THE

ARM that he could only have been hit WHILE HE WAS WAVING WITH HIS

ARM EXTENDED. But the tape shows he is NOT hit while he is waving!!!

Opinions don't count. Above are verifiable FACTS. Only ignoramuses

shoot off their mouths when FACTS are available.

Jack

PS...the attachment shows three of Hinckley's victims...Brady, Officer

Delahanty, and SS man McCarthy, who is holding the door open for

the president. Note that Reagan is WAVING WITH HIS RIGHT ARM

EXTENDED...BUT THE WOUND WAS IN HIS LEFT ARMPIT! Brady and

Delahanty WERE BOTH BETWEEN HINCKLEY AND REAGAN.

Edited by Jack White

Gary and I were not the only persons to analyze the videos. Go to the Parascope

website at

http://www.parascope.com/mx/articles/hinckleyvideo.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>

The Reagan Shooting: Video Stills

Image 1

This diagram shows who was hit when and where, after John Hinckley, Jr. opened fire on President Reagan and his entourage, according to the "official" side of the story.

This diagram will nonetheless help you visualize the positions of each person at the time of the assassination attempt.

According to the government's version of the incident, Hinckley waited outside the hotel with a .22 short barreled revolver (actually an RG-14) loaded with six Devastator bullets. As the president approached his limousine, Hinckley fired six shots and wounded four people. The first shot hit Brady, the second hit Delahanty, the third landed in a building across the street, the forth hit McCarty, and the fifth hit the limousine's window. The sixth shot hit the side of the limo, slid down the car, ricocheted between the car body and window and wounded Reagan.

Image 2

The first shot is at time marker 2:00 on two of the tapes and 2:01 on the other. This series of JPEG still video images shows Reagan with his left arm raised. Reagan was wounded under the left arm, just under the arm pit, by a bullet which had ricocheted and flattened to the size of a dime.

Image 3

On the photo marked 2:11 Reagan is wincing, although this is shown more clearly on the actual videotape. Another photo was taken at the same time which also shows Reagan's "grimace."

Markers 2:10 and 2:11 denote the second shot. Brady, barely visible behind Delahanty in the bottom photo, falls. Reagan still has his left arm raised.

Image 4

Markers 2:24 and 2:25 show the third shot. Although it is not obvious in the still photo, this is the shot that hits Delahanty. Note that by this time Parr has grabbed Reagan from behind and has pinned his left arm to Reagan's side. Parr does not let go during the remaining time. After this shot, therefore, it is impossible for a bullet to enter Reagan's chest under the left arm.

Image 5

The fourth shot occurs at markers 3:01 and 3:02. This is the shot which hit McCarthy in his right abdomen and spins him around. Note that Parr still has Reagan's left arm pinned and is shoving him towards the limo.

Image 6

Stills 3:04-3:10 show Parr pushing Reagan into the limo. By 3:10 Reagan is out of sight. This is before the fifth shot is fired. Note that all of the persons wounded in the shooting have been shot except, supposedly, Reagan.

Image 7

The two photos at marker 3:27 are the most revealing of all. This is the fifth shot. The photos show the back of Parr's light gray coat. Parr is in the gap between the car body and window, and Reagan is in front of Parr with his left arm pinned. By the fifth shot, Reagan is inside the limo with Parr on top. Reagan cannot be wounded without a bullet hitting Parr, and this is the fifth shot, not the last one. Hinckley's hand and gun are visible in the bottom right corner; it is obvious that he could only have shot Parr at this time, not Reagan.

Image 8

The last shot occurs at marker 4:05. Only a very small section of Parr's back remains outside of the limo. Also note that Hinckley's arm is being pushed down by a secret service agent who is attacking Hinckley. This shot, according to the government, is the one which wounded Reagan. Unless Hinckley was using some sort of "magic bullet," that is impossible.

Jack,

Thanks for that clear image with the man on the balcony. It looks to me like he is in fact not on the balcony at all but is standing back behind the window glass, and thus would not be a shooter. He is also clearly not set to do any shooting but is only watching. He looks like he may have a hand on his hip, thus the extended arm.

If Reagan was shot after he was inside the car (as his "delayed reaction" to the pain suggests), it would be the same MO that was apparently used years later (successfully) on Yitzhak Rabin. A witness saw Rabin get into his car seemingly uninjured by the shots.

Ron

"5) IIRC all the bullets including the one from Reagan's chest were shown to have been shot from the Hinckley's gun."...Colby

ALL of the bullets WERE NEVER RECOVERED!

Get the facts right before shooting your mouth off. Nobody disputes that

Hinckley fired SIX SHOTS. There was NO BULLET FOUND IN REAGAN'S

CHEST. Press reports described "it" as A SLIVER OF METAL THIN AS A

DIME, and theorized that it STRUCK REAGAN AFTER HE WAS IN THE

CAR, AND IT WAS FLATTENED WHEN IT STRUCK THE DOOR FRAME. Look

it up! It could NOT be matched ballistically to the Hinckley gun.

Study of the tapes reveals six shots accounted for before/as/after Reagan

entered the car.

I couldn't find any contemporary accounts, I don't have endless time to xxxxx the Net but your own source says a bullet was removed from Reagan's chest "Reagan was wounded under the left arm, just under the arm pit, by a bullet which had ricocheted and flattened to the size of a dime." [ http://www.parascope.com/mx/articles/hinckley.htm ] So MAYBE I was wrong about the bullet being ballisticaly matched to Hinckley's gun. Can you come up with a citation from a reliable source saying what was removed from Reagan's chest was not identifiable as a bullet and couldn't be matched to the gun? Maybe if you can't you shouldn't "shoot your mouth off".

I did precede that point with an IIRC which indicated I wasn't sure and it was only a post on an Internet forum – compare this with your buddy Fetzer who stated unequivocally that Hinckley's father (John Sr.) was the one arrested at the airport with the guns. I can't believe anybody who was adult in the US at the time of the attempt could have misremembered that Hinckley's previous arrest at the airport Carter was arriving at was widely reported. Also it's unfathomable to me that someone who claims to be a serious assassination researcher and scholar could claim in a book that Hinckley Sr. had been arrested at the airport without bothering to verify that information. (Jack try and address this point)

Gary wrongly misremembers all this in his lame attempt to distance himself from his previous well-considered analysis.

If it's your word against his I'm inclined to believe Gary as to what he believed at the time. He use the word "may in the title and in the 1st sentance of the article.

Sumarizing from Gary's PROFESSIONAL VIDEO analysis (Gary

at this time edited videotape professionally) wherein he professionally

determined the matching sounds and images precisely:

While a video editor is more qualified than a lay person to analyze video images he is by no means a qualified video analyst just as a photographer with no additional training doesn't qualify as a photoanalst.

Shot 4: SSman McCarthy is hit and knocked back, SSman Parr pushes Reagan

into car

Shot 5: bullet is seen to stike bulletproof glass of car window; Reagan completely inside

of car

Please show us these stills for evaluation.

Shot 6: Camera pans around at sound of shot and gun is seen in Hinckley's

hand...THE GUN IS POINTING UPWARD as someone has grabbed Hinckley,

and gun is not even pointed toward car.

Since even according to you the still was taken AFTER the shot was fired it proves nothing. I'd like to see this still also.

IN FACT, REAGAN SAID HE DID NOT REALIZE HE WAS SHOT TILL SS AGENT

PARR SHOVED HIM INTO THE CAR, AND HE FELT AN INTENSE PAIN IN

HIS ARMPIT WHERE PARR HAD GRABBED HIM TO SHOVE HIM. This led

Penn Jones and others to speculate that Parr administered some sort of

hand-held weapon as a "backup" to the Hinckley shots. Penn speculated

that it was a palm gun Penn called a JOY-BUZZER.!

Reagan thought Parr had broken his rib when pushing him into the limo. He later recalled:

Just then, Jerry Parr, the head of our Secret Service unit, grabbed me by the waist and literally hurled me into the back of the limousine. I landed on my face atop the armrest across the back seat and Jerry jumped on top of me. When he landed, I felt a pain in my upper back that was unbelievable. It was the most excruciating pain I had ever felt. "Jerry," I said, "get off, I think you've broken one of my ribs." http://www.ronaldreagan.com/march30.html

According to other accounts he used less diplomatic language:

The president felt a sharp pain but thought it was only from Parr pushing him so hard. He looked at Parr and made a feeble joke: "You sonofabitch, you broke my rib" just as the limousine raced away from the scene.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spi...hinckley/2.html

Doctors at first wondered

why they COULD FIND NO BULLET, but eventually found what they

described as a SLIVER OF METAL NEAR THE HEART. Look it up!!

see above provide a citation.

The press SPECULATED that from the entry wound in the armpit UNDER THE

ARM that he could only have been hit WHILE HE WAS WAVING WITH HIS

ARM EXTENDED. But the tape shows he is NOT hit while he is waving!!!

PS...the attachment shows three of Hinckley's victims...Brady, Officer

Delahanty, and SS man McCarthy, who is holding the door open for

the president. Note that Reagan is WAVING WITH HIS RIGHT ARM

EXTENDED...BUT THE WOUND WAS IN HIS LEFT ARMPIT! Brady and

Delahanty WERE BOTH BETWEEN HINCKLEY AND REAGAN.

1) citation?

2) stills

3) it's quite possible that Reagan waved with one arm just after leaving the hotel and the other one while entering the car - is that TOO COMPLEX for you to understand?

Opinions don't count. Above are verifiable FACTS. Only ignoramuses

shoot off their mouths when FACTS are available.

Jack

ROTFTMAO!!! - Take your own advice Jack when you mouth off about the Moon! You should tell that to Fetzer too! LOL

Gary and I were not the only persons to analyze the videos. Go to the Parascope

website at

http://www.parascope.com/mx/articles/hinckleyvideo.htm

[...]

Image 7

The two photos at marker 3:27 are the most revealing of all. This is the fifth shot. The photos show the back of Parr's light gray coat. Parr is in the gap between the car body and window, and Reagan is in front of Parr with his left arm pinned. By the fifth shot, Reagan is inside the limo with Parr on top. Reagan cannot be wounded without a bullet hitting Parr, and this is the fifth shot, not the last one. Hinckley's hand and gun are visible in the bottom right corner; it is obvious that he could only have shot Parr at this time, not Reagan.

Image 8

The last shot occurs at marker 4:05. Only a very small section of Parr's back remains outside of the limo. Also note that Hinckley's arm is being pushed down by a secret service agent who is attacking Hinckley. This shot, according to the government, is the one which wounded Reagan. Unless Hinckley was using some sort of "magic bullet," that is impossible.

This also makes it sound like Reagan could not have been shot from outside the car.

Hinckley had a double, Edward Richardson, apparently an alterate patsy who was prepared for the same mission with the same MO at the same time. Both were out to kill Reagan, both were captivated by Jodie Foster, both had lived in Lakewood CO, both had stayed at the same hotel in New Haven, etc. Len, of course, will say this is all coincidence.

As reported in the New York Times:

http://www.underreported.com/modules.php?o...order=0&thold=0

1) Richardson did not look that much like Hinckley, Why would that be important to the conspiracy. No evidence of the same MO.

2) Lots of psyco-losers were obsessed with Jodie Foster after Taxi Driver, two twin brothers from my school were too. One is dead, both spent a lot of time behind bars.

3) It sound like he only talked about killing "the Gipper" AFTER Hinckley shot him. He said in his letter to her, which was sent AFTER the shooting that Hinclley told him to do it.

4) If he was obsessed with Jodie Foster it makes sense he also would have visited New Haven, stalkers like to be close to the objects of there infatuation the hotel was probably one of the closest ones to where she lived. Also it sound like he only stayed at the hotel after the shooting it's quite possible that it was reported in the press that Hinckley had stayed there.

5) It is odd that Richardson also lived in Lakewood but coincidences DO happen. Foed was shot at by 2 women using handguns while out on the street in central California 2 weeks (OK 17 days) apart. These are the only 2 cases of female assassins/attempted assaisins of presidents, vice- presidents, presidents-elect or presidential candidates in the US. Both women had been part of iconic late 60s/early 70s violent counter culture groups (the Manson Family and the SLA)

6) After incidents like this it's not uncommon to have copy cats one nut job obssesed with Foster inspired another. It's possible that Richardson was inspired by the fact he had lived in the same city as his new hero.

7) There is no evididence Richardson was obssed with Reagan or Foster before the attempt.