The Education Forum

Oswalds possessions

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

In researching Police, and FBI records of Oswalds possesstions, the hugh majority of incriminating evidence appears to have come directly from the Paine's garage. Furthermore most of this evidence was not found by the investigating authorities, but was handed in by three people Mrs Paine, Robert Oswald and Marina, weeks, and in some cases months after the assassination. Much of this was in the form of work records, and old tax returns, some of which predate Oswalds defection to the USSR. I believe this was done to enter false evidence into the record that establishes a phoney back-story. If correct this poses two questions, 1 what was Oswald really up to in New Orleans pre 1959, What hold did various groups have over the Paine's, Robert and Marina to persuade them to take part in this deceit.

Guest John Gillespie
In researching Police, and FBI records of Oswalds possesstions, the hugh majority of incriminating evidence appears to have come directly from the Paine's garage. Furthermore most of this evidence was not found by the investigating authorities, but was handed in by three people Mrs Paine, Robert Oswald and Marina, weeks, and in some cases months after the assassination. Much of this was in the form of work records, and old tax returns, some of which predate Oswalds defection to the USSR. I believe this was done to enter false evidence into the record that establishes a phoney back-story. If correct this poses two questions, 1 what was Oswald really up to in New Orleans pre 1959, What hold did various groups have over the Paine's, Robert and Marina to persuade them to take part in this deceit.

From Lancer:

" The Commission says Oswald left "his wallet" with $170 for his wife

the morning of the assassination, but it wasn,t his wallet. He had put

money into HER wallet. His wallet was in his pocket at the time of his

arrest (a detail the narrative omits, presumably to avoid contradicting

itself). The falsehood adds to the picture of finality the Commission

seeks to paint. The reality is much less clearcut."

You've heard of the Two Oswalds; TWC herein and thereby and perhaps with some other jurisprudent cliches has given us

The Three Wallets - one at the Tippit scene, one on his person and one on his...dresser!

JG

Edited by John Gillespie

From Lancer:

You've heard of the Two Oswalds; TWC herein and thereby and perhaps with some other jurisprudent cliches has given us

The Three Wallets - one at the Tippit scene, one on his person and one on his...dresser!

JG

See Armstrong's HARVEY & LEE for the definitive account of the wallets.

Jack

Guest John Gillespie

From Lancer:

JG

See Armstrong's HARVEY & LEE for the definitive account of the wallets.

Jack

Yes. Armstrong is the Two Oswalds guy. He created a fascinating and plausible postulation. Armstrong also is a former associate of one of our correspondents, BTW.

JG

Steve,

As to Oswald's possessions, let's not forget the Minox camera and the baffling sub-plots that go with that.

HSCA Record number 180-10108-1081 from the National Archives is a series of documents showing photocopies of photographs allegedly taken by Michael Paine with his Minox camera. One of the pages shows two photos of Gerry Hemming pasted next to a larger image of a serviceman. Paine said he took the photo but it is not of Hemming. The question is, who pasted he GPH images in as a comparison?

We also have the story where Oswald didn't take the camera with him to the USSR and that it originally came from Life reporter Richard Billings who supposedly gave it to Hemming who in turn gave it to Eddie Bayo. How it allegedly got from Bayo to Oswald is unknown, especially since Bayo purportedly went missing in the summer of 1963.

Bizarre to say the least.

James

Edited by James Richards

Guest Stephen Turner

Steve,

As to Oswald's possessions, let's not forget the Minox camera and the baffling sub-plots that go with that.

HSCA Record number 180-10108-1081 from the National Archives is a series of documents showing photocopies of photographs allegedly taken by Michael Paine with his Minox camera. One of the pages shows two photos of Gerry Hemming pasted next to a larger image of a serviceman. Paine said he took the photo but it is not of Hemming. The question is, who pasted he GPH images in as a comparison?

We also have the story where Oswald didn't take the camera with him to the USSR and that it originally came from Life reporter Richard Billings who supposedly gave it to Hemming who in turn gave it to Eddie Bayo. How it allegedly got from Bayo to Oswald is unknown, especially since Bayo purportedly went missing in the summer of 1963.

Bizarre to say the least.

James

James, this is the camera that the FBI tried to say was a light meter right? As my memory recalls (dodgy!!) the policeman who found it said "It wasnt no light meter, I know a German camera when I see one."

Guest Stephen Turner

From Ruth Paine's W/C testimony.

Mr Liebler, "Did you have anything left in your house that belonged to Lee Harvey Oswald?"

Mrs Paine, "No, they were eventually taken by Robert Oswald, in company with John thorne & Jim Martin, it was probably the first W/E in December at least two weeks after the assassination, more likely three."

Mr Liebler, "Do you recall what was among those things that Robert Oswald, and Mr Martin took?"

Mrs Paine, "They took the cloths from the closet, boxes and things that I did not look into. I have heard from the police that it also included an old camera, WHICH THEY HAD TOO CHASE LATER, AND WENT UP TO ROBERT OSWALDS TO FIND IT....

1 Given that the DPD had gone over oswalds things with a fine toothcomb how did they miss this camera?

2 Given that they had to chase it up, Robert had obviously not informed that he had it, so who did?

3 "They took cloths from the closet, boxes and things that I did not look into." Right you have given bed and board to the most infamous man in the world, yet you dont bother to have a look at his possesstions when the chance presents itself... See anything green....

James, this is the camera that the FBI tried to say was a light meter right? As my memory recalls (dodgy!!) the policeman who found it said "It wasnt no light meter, I know a German camera when I see one." (Stephen Turner)

Steve,

Yes, I believe you are correct.

James