The Education Forum

Lee Harvey Oswald

Guest Stephen Turner

Wesley Frazier was arrested, just as Oswald was, on 11/22/63. ;)

His 30.06 rifle and ammunition had been seized, I presume, as evidence to support whatever charge he had been arrested for.

Does it take a great leap of faith to believe that Mr. Frazier had been persuaded to be a witness against LHO in order to prevent being charged as a co-defendant? :huh:

Chuck

Could be Chuck, but in that case why does Frazier refuse to ID the bag that the WC claimed Oswald used to transport the Carcano? His Sister also supported his evidence, And this on at least two occasions. Otherwise good points.. Steve.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wesley Frazier was arrested, just as Oswald was, on 11/22/63. :unsure:

His 30.06 rifle and ammunition had been seized, I presume, as evidence to support whatever charge he had been arrested for.

Does it take a great leap of faith to believe that Mr. Frazier had been persuaded to be a witness against LHO in order to prevent being charged as a co-defendant? :D

Chuck

Could be Chuck, but in that case why does Frazier refuse to ID the bag that the WC claimed Oswald used to transport the Carcano? His Sister also supported his evidence, And this on at least two occasions. Otherwise good points.. Steve.

I think I misidentified his weapon. It was a .303 enfield.

Coincidentally, the guy who mounted "Oswald's" scope said the .303 is one of only two rifles that would need the odd number of holes he had charged for drilling "Oswald's" rifle to mount that scope.

That was another tidbit of info for those who like to know about the evidence designed to implicate Oswald, that, after the minutae is disclosed, actually help to build a case for a frame-up.

Chuck.

• 10 months later...
I have had several replies to my question about interviewing Marina Oswald. This is what one contributor wrote:

Marina has zero credibility. I know there are lots of researchers who have met her, like her and believe in her. They see her as a victim, which I think she was, too. I can forgive the ridiculous, unbelievable testimony she gave to the Warren Commission. Undoubtedly, it was coerced and she had good reason to feel threatened and tell the authorities what they wanted to hear. However, by the mid-1970s at the very latest, when there was a critical firestorm brewing around this subject, with all public opinion polls showing the vast majority of Americans thought the official story of the assassination was wrong, Marina should have gone public with her doubts. Even when she finally turned around on the subject in the late 1980s, she refused to explain her inconsistent, highly damaging testimony. She was never grilled on her relationship with Ruth Paine. She has not, to my knowledge, ever admitted that any of her testimony before the Warren Commission was untrue. Not even the Gen. Walker story, or the even more absurd locking Oswald in the bathroom to prevent him from shooting Nixon story. I will believe Marina when she admits that she lied repeatedly to the Warren Commission.

I also spoke to someone yesterday who has interviewed her several times. He points out that it is extremely difficult to get her to say anything of worth about the case. She has also refused large sums of money to tell the real story of what happened. Is it difficult to understand why this is. Maybe she is being paid even larger sums not to talk about the case.

Marina has already sold her story - to Priscilla Johnson McMillan - a contract that might prohibit her reselling the same, even if she changed her mind about her husband's guilt.

James Levelle recently appeared on CSPAN from an Hawaii conference on Pearl Harbor, where he spoke of his experiences on Dec. 7, 41 and the weekend of the assassination.

He said that he used to be able to talk to Marina, a neighbor of his, but now she doesn't talk to him. He also mentioned that her husband is not well.

In his talk about Dallas Levelle also gave out enough info that if testimony under oath, Marina or her daughters could sue the DPD for allowing LHO to be murdered while in their custody.

BK

I have had several replies to my question about interviewing Marina Oswald. This is what one contributor wrote:

Marina has zero credibility. I know there are lots of researchers who have met her, like her and believe in her. They see her as a victim, which I think she was, too. I can forgive the ridiculous, unbelievable testimony she gave to the Warren Commission. Undoubtedly, it was coerced and she had good reason to feel threatened and tell the authorities what they wanted to hear. However, by the mid-1970s at the very latest, when there was a critical firestorm brewing around this subject, with all public opinion polls showing the vast majority of Americans thought the official story of the assassination was wrong, Marina should have gone public with her doubts. Even when she finally turned around on the subject in the late 1980s, she refused to explain her inconsistent, highly damaging testimony. She was never grilled on her relationship with Ruth Paine. She has not, to my knowledge, ever admitted that any of her testimony before the Warren Commission was untrue. Not even the Gen. Walker story, or the even more absurd locking Oswald in the bathroom to prevent him from shooting Nixon story. I will believe Marina when she admits that she lied repeatedly to the Warren Commission.

I also spoke to someone yesterday who has interviewed her several times. He points out that it is extremely difficult to get her to say anything of worth about the case. She has also refused large sums of money to tell the real story of what happened. Is it difficult to understand why this is. Maybe she is being paid even larger sums not to talk about the case.

Marina has already sold her story - to Priscilla Johnson McMillan - a contract that might prohibit her reselling the same, even if she changed her mind about her husband's guilt.

James Levelle recently appeared on CSPAN from an Hawaii conference on Pearl Harbor, where he spoke of his experiences on Dec. 7, 41 and the weekend of the assassination.

He said that he used to be able to talk to Marina, a neighbor of his, but now she doesn't talk to him. He also mentioned that her husband is not well.

In his talk about Dallas Levelle also gave out enough info that if testimony under oath, Marina or her daughters could sue the DPD for allowing LHO to be murdered while in their custody.

BK

Priscilla Johnson McMillan.......now there's a impartial third party.....lol

To paraphrase a line from Casablanca......"Shall I round up the usual suspects"........

BK

Priscilla Johnson McMillan.......now there's an impartial third party.....lol

To paraphrase a line from Casablanca......"Shall I round up the usual suspects"........

Edited by Robert Howard

This defamation of Marina is entirely gratuitous. Marina's position is really quite simple: She has said, from day one down to the present day, that she has no personal knowledge about the murder of JFK or the murder of officer Tippit. All the money in the world will not change that. It beats me why that is so difficult for some people to understand.

BK

Bill, can you tell us more? Did anyone record Leavelle's statement, or make any notes?

The murder of Lee Oswald may be the best bet for seeking a Grand Jury. Recall that the HSCA Report considered it likely that Ruby had assistance from someone in the DPD. The HSCA asked the Justice Department to investigate, but as far as I know the Justice Department did nothing. This dereliction of duty by successive Attorney Generals (and by the AG of Texas) can still be remedied.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

BK

Bill, can you tell us more? Did anyone record Leavelle's statement, or make any notes?

The murder of Lee Oswald may be the best bet for seeking a Grand Jury. Recall that the HSCA Report considered it likely that Ruby had assistance from someone in the DPD. The HSCA asked the Justice Department to investigate, but as far as I know the Justice Department did nothing. This dereliction of duty by successive Attorney Generals (and by the AG of Texas) can still be remedied.

I didn't tape it but listened to his long, rambling talk, spiced up with his typical Texan humor - "three different policeman took credit for hitting Oswald, but I don't think any of them did, I think he hit his head on a chair."

Then there's the part where Leavelle suggests they take Oswald out the back door quietly and put him in a car and take him to the county jail before anybody knows he's gone, but the chief over rules him, as he promised the press and he wants to make sure they see that Oswald wasn't misstreated or physically abused by the police - anymore than the cut over his eye, so they took him out the front way and create the opportunity for Ruby to shoot him.

One thing he did say that I wrote down was: "Evidence is something you have to preserve and you have to start at the beginning."

Except the DPD didn't follow his advice and almost all of the first hand evidence cannot be admitted into court even if we do get a grand jury. As with the RFK Grand Jury petiton, it is difficult to get a local DA or prosecutor to investigate the police they have to work with every day on other cases.

Someone else on this forum mentioned seeing the same CSPAN segment, and may have started a thread on it and possibly taped it.

There's a few oral history projects that James R. Leavelle participated in, possibly Larry A. Sneed, more definately 6th Floor, which I know Leavelle did because he accidently shot Bob Porter during the interview.

I did an oral history videi tape with Bob Porter and the 6th Floor at the request of Wes Wise, who participated in questioning me on camera for about an hour. They later sent me a copy of the tape and I made a transcript, but I don't think they have transcripts of all their oral history interviews. Nor do they bother to interview the most significant witnesses and suspects.

One year on a special anniversary I saw Porter interviewed on TV saying "There was nothing special happening at Dealey Plaza" for the anniversary, when all he had to do was look out his window and see a few thousand people conducting a memorial service.

Then a few months later I read in news reports that while Porter was videotaping an oral history at Leavelle's house, Leavelle was showing Porter a pistol when it discharged and hit Porter in the thigh. Then they laughed about it, saying that if Porter had died, there would be all kinds of conspiracy theories about it, ha ha.

BK

• 4 weeks later...

I felt that someone might find this excerpt from Warren Commission Document 39 FBI Freeman Report of 02 Dec 1963 re:Oswald/Russia thought provoking.

The excerpt reads as follows "JIM STALAKER, employee of the "Las Vegas Sun," a daily Las Vegas newspaper telephonically advised on November 27, 1963 that he had received a telephone call from an unknown individual who stated that he had been in Dallas two weeks before the assassination of President KENNEDY. This individual according to STALAKER, said OSWALD was a friend of his, and that when he first saw OSWALD he looked very afraid. This unknown individual further advised STALAKER that OSWALD had told him that someone was trying to frame him. This individual told STALAKER to pass this information on to the FBI; However, according to STALAKER when he tried to get this individual to identify himself, he hung up.

STALAKER advised that in his opinion this individuals voice sounded sober, approximately in his mid-twenties and did not sound like a "nut."

STALAKER also advised that he would advise the local FBI should he receive any other telephone calls from this individual or should he learn the identity of this individual.

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=7

I felt that someone might find this excerpt from Warren Commission Document 39 FBI Freeman Report of 02 Dec 1963 re:Oswald/Russia thought provoking.

The excerpt reads as follows "JIM STALAKER, employee of the "Las Vegas Sun," a daily Las Vegas newspaper telephonically advised on November 27, 1963 that he had received a telephone call from an unknown individual who stated that he had been in Dallas two weeks before the assassination of President KENNEDY. This individual according to STALAKER, said OSWALD was a friend of his, and that when he first saw OSWALD he looked very afraid. This unknown individual further advised STALAKER that OSWALD had told him that someone was trying to frame him. This individual told STALAKER to pass this information on to the FBI; However, according to STALAKER when he tried to get this individual to identify himself, he hung up.

STALAKER advised that in his opinion this individuals voice sounded sober, approximately in his mid-twenties and did not sound like a "nut."

STALAKER also advised that he would advise the local FBI should he receive any other telephone calls from this individual or should he learn the identity of this individual.

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=7

Robert,

Certainly STALAKER should be given some credence - that he knew LHO and met with him a few weeks before the assassination and LHO said he felt he was being framed or set up.

Above that report is a possibly even more significant note.

It's entirely possible that the owner of the gas station closest to the Cal-Neva Lodge picked up on operational details.

Dr. Robert, keep these tidbits coming,

Thanks,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

"Marina has zero credibility. I know there are lots of researchers who have met her, like her and believe in her. They see her as a victim, which I think she was, too. I can forgive the ridiculous, unbelievable testimony she gave to the Warren Commission. Undoubtedly, it was coerced and she had good reason to feel threatened and tell the authorities what they wanted to hear. However, by the mid-1970s at the very latest, when there was a critical firestorm brewing around this subject, with all public opinion polls showing the vast majority of Americans thought the official story of the assassination was wrong, Marina should have gone public with her doubts. Even when she finally turned around on the subject in the late 1980s, she refused to explain her inconsistent, highly damaging testimony. She was never grilled on her relationship with Ruth Paine. She has not, to my knowledge, ever admitted that any of her testimony before the Warren Commission was untrue. Not even the Gen. Walker story, or the even more absurd locking Oswald in the bathroom to prevent him from shooting Nixon story. I will believe Marina when she admits that she lied repeatedly to the Warren Commission."

I wrote the above comments about Marina and her lack of credibility. I think we should realize just how much of the official "legend" about Lee Harvey Oswald came from Marina. When she converted to a pro-conspiracy position in the mid-1980s, she did so without letting go of nonsense like the Walker shooting and the backyard photos, among other things. While she was certainly bullied into telling the authorities what they wanted to hear back in 1963/1964, she has nothing to fear now by telling the truth. I don't think she can be charged with perjury for her testimony before the Warren Commission, especially if she explained that it was coerced out of fear for her family's safety. I don't believe that she has ever been critically questioned about her relationship with Ruth Paine or the White Russian community in Dallas (especially DeMohrenschildt), or the obvious holes in her Warren Commission testimony. Has anyone ever shown her studies of the backyard photos, by Jack White and others, that reveal them to be rather obvious composites? I would love to talk to Marina, but I don't suspect she'd enjoy the questions I'd ask her. I think she holds some of the answers to the enigma that was Lee Harvey Oswald. Warehouse stock boys aren't befriended by worldly, aristocratic types like George DeMohrenschildt, and Marina had to have known that something was not natural about their close friendship. But then again, she should have questioned why her husband, who was cultured and intelligent enough to speak Russian fluently, was only able to get minimum wage-type jobs. At the very least, couldn't DeMohrenschildt have used his considerable influence to get his young friend a position more fitting for someone with his background and intelligence? There are all questions that arise naturally in my mind, when I think of Marina. I think we do history a disservice when we give her a free pass, refuse to question her critically and dismiss all the ridiculous things she told the Warren Commission.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting factoid?

BLOOM, SAM R.

Sources: WC 17 (608, 610-1, 619, 621, 623, 626); WC 18 (716); WC 22 (516); WC 23 (530-624) J-C-S jobs Oswald worked on for Bloom); CD 362; CD 1403; HSCA Vol. XI (520-1); Moment of Madness, Gertz (271, 285-6, 309, 388); SMU Today, Winter 1970 (5); Dal-47); Dallas Times Herald, 2/16/72 (A-27)

Mary's Comments: Dallas advertising executive. Helped handle details of Motorcade. Ruby purchased $50.00 cashier's check, #16750, from Bank of Services & Trusts, to Sam Bloom, Trustee. Eva Grant thinks for "Charity." Date not given. Bloom was "Advisor" to Judge Joe B. Brown during Ruby's trial. Bloom was brother-in-law of Morty Freidman. They owned Dal-Tex Bldg.

Interesting factoid?

BLOOM, SAM R.

Sources: WC 17 (608, 610-1, 619, 621, 623, 626); WC 18 (716); WC 22 (516); WC 23 (530-624) J-C-S jobs Oswald worked on for Bloom); CD 362; CD 1403; HSCA Vol. XI (520-1); Moment of Madness, Gertz (271, 285-6, 309, 388); SMU Today, Winter 1970 (5); Dal-47); Dallas Times Herald, 2/16/72 (A-27)

Mary's Comments: Dallas advertising executive. Helped handle details of Motorcade. Ruby purchased $50.00 cashier's check, #16750, from Bank of Services & Trusts, to Sam Bloom, Trustee. Eva Grant thinks for "Charity." Date not given. Bloom was "Advisor" to Judge Joe B. Brown during Ruby's trial. Bloom was brother-in-law of Morty Freidman. They owned Dal-Tex Bldg.

Robert,

Mae Brussell said that Sam Bloom was behind the changes in motorcade route.

BK

Interesting factoid?

BLOOM, SAM R.

Robert,

Bloom is indeed a very interesting character. In 1956, he was on the Johnson Committee to push LBJ as President. He was also close friends with Julius Schepps and R.G. Storey.

Bloom was also prominent at the Emanu-EL Temple. Amongst other things, he was Temple President for a time and was one of the Chairmen in charge of special functions and attractions. Another Chairman he worked closely with was Abraham Zapruder.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

It is a mistake to say that LHO WORKED FOR BLOOM.

The Bloom Agency was one of Dallas' largest advertising and PR agencies.

As a Fort Worth agency, we had about forty employees, and several times

competed with Bloom for major accounts. I think Bloom was about twice

the size of Witherspoon.

LHO worked for Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall, a typesetting company. Bloom

art directors sent jobs to JCS, and LHO time sheets show that he shot

photostats for such jobs. There would have been NO contact between

the agency head, Bloom, and a photostat operator at a supplier such as

JCS.

Jack