The Education Forum

Why the Moorman 5 print is BOGUS!

"Bill, I'd love to post the photos you mention but I'm sitting in a small motel in Birmingham, Alabama where I just arrived to work for the next two weeks on a murder case. So I can't. But this should be said.

What Jack White refers to as my "drum scan" is a minutely scanned copy of a negative very nearly the actual size of Mary Moorman's Photo #5. In 1967, Moorman permitted a professional photographer in Dallas to copy here Polaroid using an approximately 4" by 5" negative. This negative, of course, has not decayed at all in the intervening years and may well be the best surviving rendition of Moorman's famous photograph. But it really doesn't matter since EVERY rendition of the Moorman photo shows the gap as it is shown in the drum scan. It shows the level of White's commitment to honest, objective research that when things go against him he won't admit it and tries to impugn the very clear message of the evidence. As usual, he's just wasting people's time."

It's ok, Josiah .... I referenced the copies in Groden's book for anyone who wishes to study them and the original print filmed for TV not 30 minutes following the assassination and like I said ... they all show the gap that Jack's alleged correct LOS recreation (done with Fetzer and Mantik) does not show! How (what should have been) three intelligent men could look through a transit positioned to not show the needed gap that Moorman's photo displays and not to have a single one of them not see their error is beyond comprehension IMO. (TRUE INCOMPENTUERS!) I strongly suspect that at least one of these individuals had sat out to show Moorman was in the street regardless if the evidence showed otherwise. Then when things started falling apart, I believe that some of their responses were designed to supply false information to the reader/listener in order to salvage what they could of their claim .... denying the gap in other Moorman prints is just one example of this dishonesty because had they of known of a Moorman photo that showed no gap to match Jack's LOS, then there is little doubt in my mind they would have posted it at every possible opportunity.

The worst part about all this is the damage that these individuals have inflicted on the rest of the research community, especially those who feel there was a conspiracy in Kennedy's murder. How is it supposed to look to others when two PH.D's and Jack make such horrific errors while straying from the reality of the total evidence in the case itself. If the job wasn't hard enough already to get people to see that there was a conspiracy to kill the President in this case, we now have to do it with with a cloud of suspicion hanging over our heads because of the actions of these few who's findings were if not shoddy on purpose to promote a particular conclusion ... it was then shoddy due to their incompetence ... either way - it sucks!

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

The wretched Polaroid also has a white field where

the NIX film shows a shooter.....................

Right, Shanet.

But you have it backwards. It is the Nix film that is altered in that

area, NOT Moorman. I did this demonstration about 7 or 8 years ago.

Jack

Right, Shanet.

Jack

This Nix panorama shows how the ENTIRE KNOLL AREA WAS BLACKED IN

by the retouchers. I demonstrated this in slide shows about 20 years ago.

Jack

Right, Shanet.

Jack

Right, Shanet.

Jack

This Nix panorama shows how the ENTIRE KNOLL AREA WAS BLACKED IN

by the retouchers. I demonstrated this in slide shows about 20 years ago.

Jack

The top is Moorman

and the bottom is Nix

and they are IRRECONCILABLE...........

Shanet wrote:

"The top is Moorman

and the bottom is Nix

and they are IRRECONCILABLE..........."

...but he got it backwards:

The top is Nix (sky blacked in)

and the bottom is Moorman...

but he rightly said

" they are IRRECONCILABLE..........."

Jack

Shanet wrote:

"The top is Moorman

and the bottom is Nix

and they are IRRECONCILABLE..........."

...but he got it backwards:

The top is Nix (sky blacked in)

and the bottom is Moorman...

but he rightly said

" they are IRRECONCILABLE..........."

Jack

Shanet...I discovered that the knoll area was blacked in (crudely)

more than 20 years ago. You can even see the edges of the

retouching.

Jack

Jack

retouching.

Jack

Jack

retouching.

Jack

First of all, the Nix film was overexposed and in 1973 - UPITN (United Press International Television News) had the Orville Nix camera original and it was Groden who helped work on making a print(s) for the movie "Executive Action". One of their goals, if not the main goal, was to better the color on a film print and make it more balanced. Groden says that they adjusted the contrast for the print, thus causing the darker areas to become even darker than seen on the original film. This is one of a couple of reasons why the prints that we see today appear so dark along the knoll.

Next, the reason why Moorman's print shows a light background next to the shelter and why its not that way in the Nix film is because Mary was positioned near the curb on Elm Street, a much lower elevation than Nix had, thus Moorman's camera is looking upward at the wall along the walkway, which makes the train car seen in the Nix and Bell films to be down and out of sight below the wall in Mary's Polaroid.

post-1084-1147144666_thumb.jpg

I will remind everyone once again that Moorman's photograph, while still in her possession, was filmed not 30 - 35 minutes following the shooting and it doesn't show the train in the RR yard either.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller