The Education Forum

"Trask's " Pictures of the pain" Scans"

Can anyone identify the other people in this image below.

Identified are, Hugh Betzner,Larry Florer,The Chism Family

8267.jpg

A pity that this image was Cropped by AP as it would have given us a clear look at the boys on the corner of Main and Houston.

If anyone has an UNCROPPED VERSION can you please post.

8268.jpg

8269.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin, I cannot help with the first photo, but the Altgens photo you posted just shows people enjoying life. In light of what happened just afterwards, the photo by James Altgens shows us that life is sweet, considering the alternative demonstrated a few moments later on the Zfilm.

Surely these photos show why the JFK assassination is the most fascinating event in human history.

Although it is an unhealthy habit of offering 'opinions' on practically anything having to do with the Kennedy assassination, I personally believe the image of the individual wearing the trenchcoat at the corner in the above blow-up is the same individual who surfaces in another in-famous? image moments later whose 'whereabouts' on November 22 were the subject of a book by Mark Lane detailing his case against same representing 'Liberty Lobby.' One is entitled to one's opinion, however popular or unpopular, they may be.

The photo which includes Betzner for some reason brings to mind this photo.

http://www3.baylor.edu/Library/BCPM/JFK/Jo...pics/p33-UI.jpg

FWIW, in the short movie footage of the Adlai Stevenson heckling incident which I viewed awhile back I saw someone who strongly resembled Larry Florer, on the other hand there were probably hundreds of people who had features similar to Florer in those day's. The Stevenson heckling incident on October 24, 1963, is not exactly an obscure event insofar as its relationship to the Kennedy assassination either, it memory serves correctly, there have been allegations that have surfaced from time totime about that event as well.

See 'The Tenth Batch - Part 2

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...rrb_tenth2.html

Also these are interesting slide's, also [unidentified?] from the Penn Jones collection

http://www3.baylor.edu/Library/BCPM/JFK/DallasSlides.htm see [s-12, S-13]

Edited by Robert Howard

Robin, I cannot help with the first photo, but the Altgens photo you posted just shows people enjoying life. In light of what happened just afterwards, the photo by James Altgens shows us that life is sweet, considering the alternative demonstrated a few moments later on the Zfilm.

Surely these photos show why the JFK assassination is the most fascinating event in human history.

Yeh i would have to agree with that, the subject is addictive.

As for the Altgens pic, there seems to be great interest in the men standing around that corner,

I know that James Richards for one would like to get his hands on the Uncropped full size Blow Up.

Ron Ecker has also mentioned it many times.

Although it is an unhealthy habit of offering 'opinions' on practically anything having to do with the Kennedy assassination, I personally believe the image of the individual wearing the trenchcoat at the corner in the above blow-up is the same individual who surfaces in another in-famous? image moments later whose 'whereabouts' on November 22 were the subject of a book by Mark Lane detailing his case against same representing 'Liberty Lobby.' One is entitled to one's opinion, however popular or unpopular, they may be.

The photo which includes Betzner for some reason brings to mind this photo.

http://www3.baylor.edu/Library/BCPM/JFK/Jo...pics/p33-UI.jpg

FWIW, in the short movie footage of the Adlai Stevenson heckling incident which I viewed awhile back I saw someone who strongly resembled Larry Florer, on the other hand there were probably hundreds of people who had features similar to Florer in those day's. The Stevenson heckling incident on October 24, 1963, is not exactly an obscure event insofar as its relationship to the Kennedy assassination either, it memory serves correctly, there have been allegations that have surfaced from time totime about that event as well.

See 'The Tenth Batch - Part 2

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...rrb_tenth2.html

Also these are interesting slide's, also [unidentified?] from the Penn Jones collection

http://www3.baylor.edu/Library/BCPM/JFK/DallasSlides.htm see [s-12, S-13]

Thanks Robert.

I will check out those links, i am familiar with the Baylor site.

Edited by Robin Unger

I beleive the man standing on the left in this photo is probably James Tague.

This image looks to have been taken around the same time that Cancellare 1 was snapped.

8273.jpg

Notice in this image the black women crying, one of them has a radio in her hand.

They may have just heard a report on the radio that the president had died at Parkland.

8271.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin

Are you aware of the theory that mr larry florer bears a strong resemblance to

and may in fact have been ted shackley of CIA operations?

Robin Unger Posted Apr 30 2006, 08:47 AM

Robin, I believe, the man with the gray hair and sitting down, is probably, "Bill" (James Eric) Decker, Sheriff of Dallas County.

Robin Unger Posted Apr 30 2006, 08:47 AM

Robin, I believe, the man with the gray hair and sitting down, is probably, "Bill" (James Eric) Decker, Sheriff of Dallas County.

Thanks Antti.

Yes you are correct, i have since been informed that the man behind the desk is Bill Decker.

Edited by Robin Unger

In the cropped version of Alttgens third photo the man directly above John and Nellie Connally bears a striking resemblance to Howard Hunt in my opinion. Is it possible this is the same man as the Hunt lookalike crossing the road. He may very well be holding a jacket and hat in his hands.

I'm not very well versed with regards to the photographic aspect of the assassination so I may be well off.

Are there any other photos of this man, possiblt with a view of his hands?

John

8337.jpg

Little sideline regarding the photo:

Couch is using a 3 lens turret, Bell and Howell FILMO 70, 16mm camera... one of the toughest cameras built. They're STILL used in commercial film production (16 and 35mm). Primarily as crash cameras... single and double perf. Most models can run at, I believe 4,8,10,16,24,48fps, some models will do 'single' frame animation.

A double 8mm version was available, smaller than Zapruder's B&H 414 camera, but again, heavier.

It's bigger brother the EYEMO, is 35mm, both formats at full wind will run for 20-24 seconds uninterrupted -- basic camera [Couch's) uses 100' rolls. Certain models were adapted for use with 400' magazines. The camera can be and has been modified for single frame cell animation.

The FILMO 16mm/EYEMO 35mm or EYMO have a very long operating history with the USArmy Signal corps, dating back to WW2 -- The cameras were used in the big three networks [ABC, NBC, CBS] in Vietnam. Prior to the introduction of RCA's TK-76 handheld video camera...

The camera is no larger than Zapruders B&H414 double 8mm, it is however, much heaver -- the camera is NOT reflex, you obtain a sight picture thru a side viewfinder next to the taking lens, no auto focusing... NO sound....

DHealy

Edited by David G. Healy

In the cropped version of Alttgens third photo the man directly above John and Nellie Connally bears a striking resemblance to Howard Hunt in my opinion. Is it possible this is the same man as the Hunt lookalike crossing the road. He may very well be holding a jacket and hat in his hands.

I'm not very well versed with regards to the photographic aspect of the assassination so I may be well off.

Are there any other photos of this man, possiblt with a view of his hands?

John, I could not say whether there are any other photo's of this person, besides the photo where he is walking towards Dealey Plaza, but would you say the distinct lack of any facial features, could be attributed entirely due to shadow effect? Just curious.