The Education Forum

"Trask's " Pictures of the pain" Scans"

Gary Mack has advised me that the man is Jim Featherston, who worked for the Dallas Times-Herald.

Thanks to Gary,

I'm going to try to keep my specualtion on photography to a minimum!,

John

Jim Featherston with Mary Moorman.

Uncropped tramp photo:

In a blow up of this photo there appears to be a man in the Carpark area at the end of the wall.

8347.jpg

8346.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it odd that no one even acknowledges the man passing by so closely in 8346.jpg - squeezing through that narrow area between the fence and themselves? It isn't exactly a walking lane - in fact, it gets even narrower directly ahead as the old tramp is over further and the gate is slightly open. How did this guy get himself wedged into this predicament with a wide open sidewalk? His gait remains steady - yet, he should be recalculating for what lies dead ahead. No one even looks at him - they keep their eyes trained on the sidewalk in front of their feet. It looks odd. These things happen - but, usually people will chuckle at one another over the sheer awkwardness. Pretty nice clarity, but I can't see the ring on the man's hand which Prouty said was a giveaway to his identity. If you saw policemen coming at you with prisoners - wouldn't you get the heck out of the way - around to the left where there was some room to walk? Unless, of course, you felt the urge to whisper something to the tall, good looking one...

Isn't it odd that no one even acknowledges the man passing by so closely in 8346.jpg - squeezing through that narrow area between the fence and themselves? It isn't exactly a walking lane - in fact, it gets even narrower directly ahead as the old tramp is over further and the gate is slightly open. How did this guy get himself wedged into this predicament with a wide open sidewalk? His gait remains steady - yet, he should be recalculating for what lies dead ahead. No one even looks at him - they keep their eyes trained on the sidewalk in front of their feet. It looks odd. These things happen - but, usually people will chuckle at one another over the sheer awkwardness. Pretty nice clarity, but I can't see the ring on the man's hand which Prouty said was a giveaway to his identity. If you saw policemen coming at you with prisoners - wouldn't you get the heck out of the way - around to the left where there was some room to walk? Unless, of course, you felt the urge to whisper something to the tall, good looking one... (JL Allen)

JL,

I agree, it is a very strange place for a pedestrian to position themselves.

I know there are varying opinions on the 'Tramps' as to their innocence or not, but this one factor, where a man decides to stroll past at such a bizarre and incongruous point does make one ponder the real possibility that something is definitely not right.

This blow-up below gives one a slightly better look at the ring.

James

Gary Mack has advised me that the man is Jim Featherston, who worked for the Dallas Times-Herald.

Thanks to Gary,

I'm going to try to keep my specualtion on photography to a minimum!,

John

Jim Featherston with Mary Moorman.

Uncropped tramp photo:

In a blow up of this photo there appears to be a man in the Carpark area at the end of the wall.

8347.jpg

8346.jpg

Robin, Jim and everyone:

I think I can add some new information about the analysis of this unusual picture.

If you look at the shadow cast onto the gate, you can see that "Lansdale"

is wearing glasses.

The lead officers rifle butt

points toward the evidence that "Lansdale" was wearing glasses that day.......

Edited by Shanet Clark

• 4 months later...

Two Rickerby photos showing a group of people inside the pergola, possibly Altgens and the Hesters. ?

The image's also show the two boys at the east end of the pergola, who seem to be wearing the same type of jacket with the stipes on the shoulders.

Wiegman appeared to have captured a blurry image of one of the boys as he was filming running up the knoll.

Large Richerby Scan.

9226.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin : Altgens 3.....

even further cropped...but much clearer I believe, all I have found so far...

B..

Question for James. I can't seem to locate all of your comparisons

of Robertson, Barnes, and other agency personnel. I must have bad

file names on them. Can you do a quick summary of each guy

in the plaza along with the BEST MATCHING PHOTO? Thanks.

Jack

Robin : Altgens 3.....

even further cropped...but much clearer I believe, all I have found so far...

B..

Bernice.

Thanks very much.

EXELLENT.

I also see SKAGGS who appears to have his camera up to his eye taking one of his pics, his head is just visible above the chrome strip on the windshield.

Question for James. I can't seem to locate all of your comparisons of Robertson, Barnes, and other agency personnel. I must have bad file names on them. Can you do a quick summary of each guy in the plaza along with the BEST MATCHING PHOTO? Thanks. (Jack White)

Hi Jack,

I do not believe the man positioned up the pole is Morales. I also don't think the other guy is Tracy Barnes. I do however consider that the men standing at the corner of Main and Houston are Rip Robertson and Col. William Bishop aka John Adrian O'Hare. (remembering that Bishop claimed he was at the Trade Mart when the assassination occured)

Add the Lucien Conein look-a-like located about 10 feet from these men and things get very spooky.

James

Edited by James Richards

Question for James. I can't seem to locate all of your comparisons of Robertson, Barnes, and other agency personnel. I must have bad file names on them. Can you do a quick summary of each guy in the plaza along with the BEST MATCHING PHOTO? Thanks. (Jack White)

Hi Jack,

I do not believe the man positioned up the pole is Morales. I also don't think the other guy is Tracy Barnes. I do however consider that the men standing at the corner of Main and Houston are Rip Robertson and Col. William Bishop aka John Adrian O'Hare. (remembering that Bishop claimed he was at the Trade Mart when the assassination occured)

Add the Lucien Conein look-a-like located about 10 feet from these men and things get very spooky.

James

Thanks. Who do you think the guy on the pole may be?

Jack