The Education Forum

JFK Assassination: Websites

• 1 month later...
Here's one more for the pile. Apologies if it already appears on someone's list.

http://www.afrocubaweb.com/jfk.htm

The link below shows a list of various Oral History Interviews some of which are available online.

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson/archi.../com_ohlist.asp

Among the personages interviewed are

Former Ass't Atty Gen. Nicholas Katzenbach

Sen Hale Boggs

Judge Sarah T Hughes

Justice Earl Warren

Columnist Drew Pearson

Sen James O Eastland

Former Atty Gen' Ramsey Clark

FBI Cartha DeLoach

Walt Rostow

To name just a few; interviews available online are in PDF Format

Robert,

Thanks for the link...some interesting stuff in there. So much to read; so little time.

I found the interview with James E. Webb, administrator of NASA 1961-1968, to be very interesting.

Webb describes how the Air Force was angry with President Kennedy for giving NASA the mission to the moon:

Oh, the Air Force had a strong desire, at least a large part of the Air Force had a strong

desire to upset the 1958 law and to have this mission. They felt that this should be carried

out very much like the Navy had done Antarctic exploration in the earlier days with

Admiral Byrd. They felt genuinely that this was an important element of national power,

national capability, that they had the capability to do it, and that they were the proper ones

to do it, and the 1958 law was a mistake. So there was a strong drive to--at the change of

administration--to reverse the previous policy and to increase their role. There was also a

strong desire on the part of Mr. McNamara not to do that because of the expense of it,

and the feeling that he was not satisfied that it was necessary for them to do that.

On March 31, 1968 Lyndon Johnson gave his historic "I shall not seek, nor will I accept" speech to the American public. James E. Webb was one of the select few that knew much earlier:

B: Sir, the circumstances of your leaving NASA. Now, am I correct in assuming that you

and Mr. Johnson had some time prior to September '68 discussed the circumstances under

which you would resign?

Webb:
Yes. Mr. Johnson told me in August 1967
that he was not going to run for President.

B: He told you that early, sir?

Webb: Yes, that's right. He said, "The only two people that know this are John Connally and

Lady Bird, and Marvin and these other people don't know it and I don't want you to tell

anybody, but I'm not going to run."

B: .......Did he present it to you just as a decision he made? He wasn't asking for advice?

Webb: He was just telling me as a close friend and associate that he had made this decision, and

he was going to announce it soon,
within a month
. (Emphases mine-It turned out to be 7 months!)

Robert,

Thanks for the link...some interesting stuff in there. So much to read; so little time.

I found the interview with James E. Webb, administrator of NASA 1961-1968, to be very interesting.

Webb describes how the Air Force was angry with President Kennedy for giving NASA the mission to the moon:

Oh, the Air Force had a strong desire, at least a large part of the Air Force had a strong

desire to upset the 1958 law and to have this mission. They felt that this should be carried

out very much like the Navy had done Antarctic exploration in the earlier days with

Admiral Byrd. They felt genuinely that this was an important element of national power,

national capability, that they had the capability to do it, and that they were the proper ones

to do it, and the 1958 law was a mistake. So there was a strong drive to--at the change of

administration--to reverse the previous policy and to increase their role. There was also a

strong desire on the part of Mr. McNamara not to do that because of the expense of it,

and the feeling that he was not satisfied that it was necessary for them to do that.

On March 31, 1968 Lyndon Johnson gave his historic "I shall not seek, nor will I accept" speech to the American public. James E. Webb was one of the select few that knew much earlier:

B: Sir, the circumstances of your leaving NASA. Now, am I correct in assuming that you

and Mr. Johnson had some time prior to September '68 discussed the circumstances under

which you would resign?

Webb:
Yes. Mr. Johnson told me in August 1967
that he was not going to run for President.

B: He told you that early, sir?

Webb: Yes, that's right. He said, "The only two people that know this are John Connally and

Lady Bird, and Marvin and these other people don't know it and I don't want you to tell

anybody, but I'm not going to run."

B: .......Did he present it to you just as a decision he made? He wasn't asking for advice?

Webb: He was just telling me as a close friend and associate that he had made this decision, and

he was going to announce it soon,
within a month
. (Emphases mine-It turned out to be 7 months!)

So much to read; so little time

I know the feeling; thanks for mentioning James Webb [and posting the above segment] time constraints did not allow for me to go into more detail about other individuals, whose names should have been mentioned.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you John, for adding the link to my site.

I have a few collections now. Will update.

I take a great deal of fascination for the photographical aspect, as many others. I am collecting images regarding the assassination, in order to have easy access personnally. The second and most important reason I made this collection, came from me trying to digest some of the vast information on this forum, being fairly new. Due to the fact that the majority of members have a limit on their attachment space, the deleting of previous attachments is inevitable. But sad. Robin Unger has one of the best and surveyable collections at http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2, and he is one of those that have been so kind, to let me add some of his postings on this forum to my collection. Thanks also to Lee Forman and John Dolva.

Trygve

Edit Feb21: Thank you for your kind words and helpfulness Robin. Also thanks to James Richards for additional material and valuable information.

As said I am fairly new here, and in that regard I just want to express my gratitude to all those far more experienced members and researchers here, who have been so kind and helpful to me. I really do appreciate it.

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

Thank you John, for adding the link to my site.

I have a few collections now. Will update.

I take a great deal of fascination for the photographical aspect, as many others. I am collecting images regarding the assassination, in order to have easy access personnally. The second and most important reason I made this collection, came from me trying to digest some of the vast information on this forum, being fairly new. Due to the fact that the majority of members have a limit on their attachment space, the deleting of previous posts is inevitable. But sad. Robin Unger has one of the best and surveyable collections at http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2, and he is one of those that have been so kind, to let me add some of his postings on this forum to my collection. Thanks also to Lee Forman and John Dolva.

Trygve

Trygve.

Thanks for the comments, nice job on your website.

Looks good.

• 3 months later...

My website is here:

http://www.jfktimeline.com/

If you have a website please feel free to contact me so we can exchange links.

As I'm sure you know, google highly values inbound links and factors it into their placement algorithm.

The more we link to each other the higher our placement will be in google search results.

Synergy!

My website is here:

As I'm sure you know, google highly values inbound links and factors it into their placement algorithm.

The more we link to each other the higher our placement will be in google search results.

Synergy!

Hey, Myra! Add this to the timeline. I'll never forget it because it scared the hell out of me when I was 12 years old!

"Sputnik and The Dawn of the Space Age

History changed on October 4, 1957, when the Soviet Union successfully launched Sputnik I. The world's first artificial satellite was about the size of a basketball, weighed only 183 pounds, and took about 98 minutes to orbit the Earth on its elliptical path. That launch ushered in new political, military, technological, and scientific developments. While the Sputnik launch was a single event, it marked the start of the space age and the U.S.-U.S.S.R space race.

The story begins in 1952, when the International Council of Scientific Unions decided to establish July 1, 1957, to December 31, 1958, as the International Geophysical Year (IGY) because the scientists knew that the cycles of solar activity would be at a high point then. In October 1954, the council adopted a resolution calling for artificial satellites to be launched during the IGY to map the Earth's surface.

In July 1955, the White House announced plans to launch an Earth-orbiting satellite for the IGY and solicited proposals from various Government research agencies to undertake development. In September 1955, the Naval Research Laboratory's Vanguard proposal was chosen to represent the U.S. during the IGY.

The Sputnik launch changed everything. As a technical achievement, Sputnik caught the world's attention and the American public off-guard. Its size was more impressive than Vanguard's intended 3.5-pound payload. In addition, the public feared that the Soviets' ability to launch satellites also translated into the capability to launch ballistic missiles that could carry nuclear weapons from Europe to the U.S. Then the Soviets struck again; on November 3, Sputnik II was launched, carrying a much heavier payload, including a dog named Laika.

Immediately after the Sputnik I launch in October, the U.S. Defense Department responded to the political furor by approving funding for another U.S. satellite project. As a simultaneous alternative to Vanguard, Wernher von Braun and his Army Redstone Arsenal team began work on the Explorer project.

On January 31, 1958, the tide changed, when the United States successfully launched Explorer I. This satellite carried a small scientific payload that eventually discovered the magnetic radiation belts around the Earth, named after principal investigator James Van Allen. The Explorer program continued as a successful ongoing series of lightweight, scientifically useful spacecraft.

The Sputnik launch also led directly to the creation of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). In July 1958, Congress passed the National Aeronautics and Space Act (commonly called the "Space Act"), which created NASA as of October 1, 1958 from the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) and other government agencies."

• 2 months later...
My website is here:

Synergy!

Myra, I just came across this link by accident. Possibly someone has already posted it, but the website is still under construction. The thrust of the site is that Nelson Rockerfeller was behind the President's assassination:

http://www.reformation.org/kennedy-assassination.html

I also have a blog, which deals with many things, but I consider it a source for those who are interested in Donald O. Norton. Norton claimed he was Lee Oswald (Harvey was shot by Ruby) and sent Mae Brussels money he called "conscience" money. Also photos of Ralph Geb. Both men are pictured as yesterday and today. Also, actress' significance to the Kennedy Assassination; named by some as the "first witness after Oswald to die" -- Karyn Kupcinet. My theory is that she was killed to stop her father from investigating the Chicago angle of the Crime of the Century. It remains an unsolved murder.

thecloakofdarkness.blogspot.com

Kathy