The Education Forum

Mario tauler Sague Italian article

i found this piece from an italian article while googling. I can get the jist of it, can anyone translate it for me?

Gli agenti della CIA Armando Cubría Ramos e Mario Tauler Sagué, diretti da Miami da Eladio del Valle Gutiérrez (anche lui dell’Agenzia), si infiltrarono nel 1960 attraverso la costa nord della provincia di Matanzas per assassinare Fidel. Scoperti e perseguiti, vennero catturati e le armi, granate, detonatori e telecomandi che portavano con sè confiscati

The entire article can be found here http://www.granma.cu/italiano/2006/abril/jue13/giron-it.html

Pedro Diaz lanz, Sturgis, and a few others get a mention in there also, in reference to what, I don't know.

Here it is in Spanish.

John

Edited by John Geraghty

I have found a document in Spanish that mentions Mario Tauler Sague, I assume that it is in relation to his efforts to kill Castro in 1960. If anybody speaks Spanish could you please do me a favour?

Unsa de sus acciones consistio en la infiltracio por la zona de Punta Hicacos, Matanzas a mediados de 1960, de los apatridas mario tauler Sague y Armando Cubria Ramos, quienes ha biendo recibido entrenamiento de la C.I.A. cumplirian la mision de atentar contra la vida del comandante en jefe y realizar distintas actividades de sabotaje.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/hsca...3_Narration.pdf

It can be found on page 24 of this document, which also details goward hunts activity in mexico.

Any help would be great,

John

Unsa de sus acciones consistio en la infiltracio por la zona de Punta Hicacos, Matanzas a mediados de 1960, de los apatridas mario tauler Sague y Armando Cubria Ramos, quienes ha biendo recibido entrenamiento de la C.I.A. cumplirian la mision de atentar contra la vida del comandante en jefe y realizar distintas actividades de sabotaje.

I put this into an internet translater and it gave me this semi- digested piece.

Unsa of its actions consistio in infiltracio by the zone of Hicacos End, Slaughters in the middle of 1960, of the apatridas ones mario tauler Sague and Armando Cubria Branches, that it is biendo received training of the C.I.A. cumplirian the mission to attempt against the life of the Commander-in-Chief and to make different activities from sabotage

John

i found this piece from an italian article while googling. I can get the jist of it, can anyone translate it for me?

Gli agenti della CIA Armando Cubría Ramos e Mario Tauler Sagué, diretti da Miami da Eladio del Valle Gutiérrez (anche lui dell’Agenzia), si infiltrarono nel 1960 attraverso la costa nord della provincia di Matanzas per assassinare Fidel. Scoperti e perseguiti, vennero catturati e le armi, granate, detonatori e telecomandi che portavano con sè confiscati

The entire article can be found here http://www.granma.cu/italiano/2006/abril/jue13/giron-it.html

Hi John,

Hi John the top paragraph roughly speaking says:

CIA agents Armando Cubria Ramos and Mario Tauler Sague directed from Miami by Eladio Del valle who was also with the agency, infiltrated the north coast of the province/area of Matanzas to assassinate Fidel (Castro presumably!). Discovered, pursued and captured, the arms, grenades, bombs and remote controls (think it may mean walkie talkies) that they were carrying were confiscated.

I'll look at the rest of the article and see if I can translate that later on as Im just off out.

One (una) of their actions consisted of the infiltration of the Punta Hicacos zone, Matanzas, in mid-1960, by apatridas (?) Mario Tauler Sague and Armando Cubria Ramos, who having received training by the CIA were on a mission to try to assassinate the commander in chief and to commit distinct acts of sabotage.

Francesca,

Thanks very much. It never dawned on me to ask you! Even though we discussed your infrequent use of Italian at Canterbury, silly me.

Cheers,

John

Hi John, no problem, I'm just reading the rest of the article now. Interesting stuff. Particulary the bit about del valle who was of course linked to Ferrie.

Have never heard of the other man though, Armando Cubria Ramos.

Get back to you soon