The Education Forum

Grayston Lynch

See below.

James, about the picture that you posted. The dark complected guy with the black wavy hair could not be Morales, could it? Do you know who the others are?

http://www.cuban-exile.com/doc_026-050/doc0027-3.html

I received a phone call from someone that I came to consider... she sounded pretty reliable. And the

name that she mentioned to me as having been directly involved in the assassination was the CIA

agent, or officer, named Grayston Lynch. And I wondered if you ever had any information that might

have linked him to Phillips or any of the people.

?____________:(John): We got some information before the very first national conference of the

Coalition of Political Assassinations about a luncheon meeting between top former CIA officials which

are Richard Helms, William Colby Richard Helms, William Colby. I don't know if he is a high ranking,

or even former. But, Gus Russo was apparently there and he told some people that and they had a

concern about what was going to be presented in our conference and one of their main concerns, they

said, was with how we were going to deal with their friend David Atlee Phillips. Well it was, I think it

was Joe Goulden was also present at that meeting and he was exceptionally close to David Phillips.

And, in fact, is executor of David Phillips estate. And his history with Phillips goes way back, they are

both from Texas And I believe I saw some where in one of the releases made by the CIA a year or so

ago that Goulden grew up in the same town that David Phillips father was from I think it was

Marshall, Texas, or somewhere. Anyway, it was a long time relationship between Goulden and

Phillips. And Goulden has been extremely concerned about Phillips legacy

?____________: Goulden?

?____________: Goulden. It's spelled, G-O-U-L-D-E-N

?____________: Dave Goulden?

?____________: No, Joseph Goulden, Joseph...

?____________: Well, their strategy, as I understand it, as it was explained to me...

?____________: Goulden, if I could just add one other thing, Goulden is one of the two reporters, the

other being Lonnie Hudkins who broke the story that Oswald had an FBI informant number John,

were you going to say something? Ya, John.

?____________: If we are talking about disinformation and David Phillips in an attempt to pin the

blame on the assassination on Cuba I think it's time we discussed Silvia Duran's sex life for many

reasons the least of which is Mr. Lechuga sitting to my left here. And Anthony Summers, sitting over

there who on my behalf interviewed Silvia Duran just recently, but first of all let me say that, if it could

be shown that Silvia Duran...

BTW, see my exhange with Goulden here:

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=304

James, about the picture that you posted. The dark complected guy with the black wavy hair could not be Morales, could it? Do you know who the others are? (Wim Dankbaar)

Wim,

I don't believe it is Morales. As to the other guys, there seems to be some confusion as to exactly who is who. The tall fit looking guy is Jose Alonso. I am trying to find out some of the other names but the sources I am talking to can not agree.

Cheers,

James

?____________:(John): We got some information before the very first national conference of the

Coalition of Political Assassinations about a luncheon meeting between top former CIA officials which

are Richard Helms, William Colby Richard Helms, William Colby. I don't know if he is a high ranking,

or even former. But, Gus Russo was apparently there and he told some people that and they had a

concern about what was going to be presented in our conference and one of their main concerns, they

said, was with how we were going to deal with their friend David Atlee Phillips. Well it was, I think it

was Joe Goulden was also present at that meeting and he was exceptionally close to David Phillips.

And, in fact, is executor of David Phillips estate. And his history with Phillips goes way back, they are

both from Texas And I believe I saw some where in one of the releases made by the CIA a year or so

ago that Goulden grew up in the same town that David Phillips father was from I think it was

Marshall, Texas, or somewhere. Anyway, it was a long time relationship between Goulden and

Phillips. And Goulden has been extremely concerned about Phillips legacy

?____________: Goulden?

?____________: Goulden. It's spelled, G-O-U-L-D-E-N

?____________: Dave Goulden?

?____________: No, Joseph Goulden, Joseph...

?____________: Well, their strategy, as I understand it, as it was explained to me...

?____________: Goulden, if I could just add one other thing, Goulden is one of the two reporters, the

other being Lonnie Hudkins who broke the story that Oswald had an FBI informant number John,

were you going to say something? Ya, John.

Joe Goulden is a right-wing CIA sock-puppet, and has been for the bulk of his "journalism" career.

Recall that Goulden and Lonnie Hudkins broke the story that Oswald was an FBI informant. Irrespective of whether there was truth to the allegation, neither man knew it to be the case, but printed it anyway [along with Hugh Aynesworth, who claimed to have invented the informant number attributed to Oswald, so anxious is he to always insert himself into any story.] While Oswald's relationship with the FBI remains unknown [and perhaps unknowable at this distant remove], we now have far clearer insights into the CIA's fascination with Oswald, as its own previously classified documents well disclose. By positing an Oswald-FBI relationship, fewer questions were raised about the putative assassin's relations with CIA. [Lonnie Hudkins had his own CIA relationship that likely rivalled Goulden's, making their respective revelations about Oswald's FBI relations more than a little suspect, given that they seem to have colluded to invent those revelations from whole cloth.]

Goulden also wrote about Ruby's entry into the DPD being facilitated by his posing as a member of a camera crew. Goulden's article attributed this revelation to an "unimpeachable law enforcement source." However, when interviewed by the Bureau about this matter, Goulden shifted gears and ascribed the disclosure to Ruby himself, via a third party source. He id'ed the camera man whom Ruby helped as being Jack Renfro of WBAP-TV. However, no WBAP personnel recalled receiving help from Ruby, and Renfro was at Parkland Hospital when Ruby shot Oswald, making Goulden's assertion impossible. Whether the lie originated with Ruby, or with Goulden's source, or with Goulden himself, it was as unsubstantiated as the report that Oswald had been an FBI informant.

We may now have a clue as to the identity of the "unimpeachable law enforcement source" to whom Goulden referred. In a footnote included in Gerald Posner's "Case Closed," we learn that Dallas deputy DA Bill Alexander "decided to "shake things up a bit" and spoke to a friend at the Philadelphia Inquirer, Joe Goulden, and told him that he intended to indict Oswald for killing the President "in furtherance of a Communist conspiracy." [Given Posner's poor track record for accuracy and veracity, one must take this detail with a grain of salt.]

Goulden wrote "The Death Merchant" about CIA "rogues" Ed Wilson and Frank Terpil, perhaps the least informative of the books written on the topic. Not surprising, maybe, given that Goulden's name appeared on the list of CIA sources compiled by Robert Crowley, former deputy in the Agency's Directorate of Operations, the clandestine action branch. [The list was floated after Crowley's death in 2000.]

No doubt Goulden's inclusion on this list of media assets and sources would also explain a few other details that are otherwise difficult to innocently rationalize.

First, as the ARRB was convening and the Coalition on Political Assassinations was finding its feet, the Agency was anxious about what would be disclosed regarding Oswald's time in Mexico, particularly the role played by Dave Phillips. Hence, former DCI Bill Colby and Ted Shackley convened a luncheon to discuss what could be done to preclude anything further coming out that would besmirch the Agency. Their guests included [now full-time] Agency apologist and propagandist Gus Russo, his friend and colleague Bob Artwohl, and Joseph C. Goulden, who at the time was a honcho with the ironically and misguidedly named Accuracy In Media, itself a willing and able shill for the Agency. It was Goulden who suggested using CIA's media assets to preemptively attack COPA, prior to it disclosing anything about Phillips.

Second, not content with merely being an Agency media asset himself, Goulden joined the Association of Former Intelligence Officers, founded by Dave Phillips to counteract the pummelling in the press that the Agency had taken in the late '60s and early '70s. To this day, it seems, Goulden remains an active member, a regular contributor to AFIO's in-house rag, Periscope, and contributes proofreading and other services to it.

While it is clear that Goulden and Phillips were lifelong friends, there is ample to suggest Goulden was substantially more than a mere friend.

Cesar Diosdado is also a member of the AFIO. The HSCA (a.o. Robert Tanenbaum) was very interested in him, but stonewalled to interview him. Although there is no known recorded proof, I am certain that Disdado was an agent under Phillips. You may recall that Diosdado was the man who knocked Veciana's door after the assassination to ask what he knew about it. Veciana felt tested and told him "nothing".

In my view this could only be on request of Phillips. To check if Veciana would keep his mouth, for example about Veciana having seen him with Oswald. If nothing else, it shows the CIA had "second thoughts" about the solution of the case as presented :rolleyes:

Wim

PS: About Ruby's entrance into the DPD, these documents may shed some light:

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/ruby1.JPG

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/ruby2.JPG

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/rubynote.jpg

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

• 13 years later...