The Education Forum

John Roselli

Hi Terry. How’ve you been?

My dad was more indie, I would say, but all were sources cowboy serious anticommunists who felt a great dupe after they'd helped the Cuban revolution. They had wives and little kids that followed them around too. They were front line homies not sipping and smoking in the embassies rather for hire with street knowledge the officials relied on. That’s my best guess—these guys were maybe nonofficial but with officials in the wing waiting for guys like my dad, pilots, to touch down and give ‘em the scoop. Without a paystub, who knows who works for whom? Let’s just say these guys are mostly unknown players in a multi-tiered netherworld of the time that makes for interesting stories floating around out there.

You may like this book I mentioned to Harry and Tosh, "Where the Boys are..." by Van Gosse. It points out time of 50s (beats and revolutionaries) was source, springboard of reactionary politics our gen and a yearning. Privilege breeds discontent and sympathy for the other guy sometimes, eh?

Marita-talked to her once and liked her. She’s tough and has history—an interesting woman. No one talks about her working with the refugees at a mil camp but I think that’s one of her better tales, but oops I'm off the Roselli topic again.

Now the Lisa Howard thing burns my bridges because if Talbot’s book is right then wtf? I mean we send an emissary and she does the guy? This is just so wrong on many levels. Kudos to the source (her daughter?) for her honesty.

Best to you and thanks for your interest for more on Paul Hughes take look at

www.littlebayofpigs.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Terry. How’ve you been?

My dad was more indie, I would say, but all were sources cowboy serious anticommunists who felt a great dupe after they'd helped the Cuban revolution. They had wives and little kids that followed them around too. They were front line homies not sipping and smoking in the embassies rather for hire with street knowledge the officials relied on. That’s my best guess—these guys were maybe nonofficial but with officials in the wing waiting for guys like my dad, pilots, to touch down and give ‘em the scoop. Without a paystub, who knows who works for whom? Let’s just say these guys are mostly unknown players in a multi-tiered netherworld of the time that makes for interesting stories floating around out there.

You may like this book I mentioned to Harry and Tosh, "Where the Boys are..." by Van Gosse. It points out time of 50s (beats and revolutionaries) was source, springboard of reactionary politics our gen and a yearning. Privilege breeds discontent and sympathy for the other guy sometimes, eh?

Marita-talked to her once and liked her. She’s tough and has history—an interesting woman. No one talks about her working with the refugees at a mil camp but I think that’s one of her better tales, but oops I'm off the Roselli topic again.

Now the Lisa Howard thing burns my bridges because if Talbot’s book is right then wtf? I mean we send an emissary and she does the guy? This is just so wrong on many levels. Kudos to the source (her daughter?) for her honesty.

Best to you and thanks for your interest for more on Paul Hughes take look at

www.littlebayofpigs.com

Thanks for the link, Cris. I'll go and check it out right now.

Hey, the offer still stands to take you to dinner. My treat, remember?