The Education Forum

Backyard Photographs

19 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Ray,

They can be both.  The shadows under the steps are natural and caused by the steps.  The Oswald figure's shadow is artificial and in the wrong direction.  It was probably made by using an airbrush to make the shadow.  The shadow under the Oswald figure's nose come from mating a face mask of LHO to the Oswald Figure.  The light in the LHO face mask generates a different direction from the light in the overall picture.

If you disagree with this then I can help you on other questions about this subject.

"1.) First off, the background shadows of the scene are natural and real.  The shadows of the steps ascending along side the house are real.  They move from picture left to picture right.  This means there is only one background used and that background has artificial shadows introduced into it"

Nothing about Oswald's figure in that statement. As I said show where they have introduced artificial shadows to the background.

Yes I disagree and look forward to you helping me by answering my question.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

"1.) First off, the background shadows of the scene are natural and real.  The shadows of the steps ascending along side the house are real.  They move from picture left to picture right.  This means there is only one background used and that background has artificial shadows introduced into it"

Nothing about Oswald's figure in that statement. As I said show where they have introduced artificial shadows to the background.

Yes I disagree and look forward to you helping me by answering my question.

What I meant to say is "If you disagree with this then I can not help you on other questions about this subject."

• 1 month later...

In a telephone call between Marina Oswald and Harry Livingstone on July 3rd 1992 , Marina said that she did not take the BYP with the stairs to Lee's right.

H.L.: The back yard photographs that you took?

M.O.: Yes.

H.L.: You did take some pictures, but....I think you told Larry Howard that you were standing underneath that stair way. Rather than... 

M.O.: In one position was the stairwell behind me.

H.L.: Yeah.

M.O.: And then we moved in front of the house. And the stairway was on the right from me. 

H.L.: Where it is now in the camera? In the pictures.

M.O.: I don't know, is it on the right or the left? It was on the roght from me and on the left from Lee.

H.L.: In the two different points of view. 

M.O.: Yes, What points of view or...? Two different positions.

H.L.: Yeah. So...

M.O.: 'Cause he told me to wait and then got something.....(inaudible).

H.L: In the photographs we have, the camera is facing the stairway, the stairs are to the side but behind Oswald right?

M.O.: No, that could not be. That picture I didn't take.

H.L.: You did not take those pictures?

M.O.: No.