The Education Forum

Was Emory Roberts Involved ?

Hi!

Interesting video clip: Was Emory Roberts Involved???

Kind regards to all! ;)

PS ActiveX plug-in needed.

Marcel

Marcel,

The disturbing thing about Roberts, in addition to his actions on November 22, is the mystery surrounding him in the years following the assassination. Palamara suggests he may be the agent who took his own life in the late 60's, "he was beginning to buckle" is the quote from agent Chuck Rochner when referring to this unnamed agent. He apparently worked for LBJ in the capacity of "records secretary" following the assassination, according to Palamara.

A little more publicly available information about Emory Roberts could resolve the confusion, but on what's available, I would answer yes--he's a person of great interest to assassination researchers.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/VP/53-VP.html

Edited by Mark Stapleton

It's obvious by now that I don't put much stock in the "Rybka left behind" polemic, but the subject of agents on the bumpers is an interesting one. After perusing a number of still photographs, I'm curious as to what conditions had to me met to warrant placing agents on the rear of the car.

Houston, 1962: normal crowds, no bumper agents

235-956-U1347266.jpeg

Berlin, 1963: dense crowds, agents on bumpers

235-218-WHCF_GI_2-12H.jpg

Honolulu, 1963: dense crowds, no bumper agents

235-163-art5a.jpeg

Tampa, 1963: relatively light crowds, agents on bumper

235-610-Tommy_Eure_newJFK.jpeg

San Antonio, Nov 21 1963: light crowds, no bumper agents

235-470-IH136585.jpeg

The Tampa motorcade occurred three days before Dallas. Crowds were light, and the city didn't have nearly the same reputation as Dallas. Nevertheless, agents were placed on the bumpers. If Tampa, why not Dallas? Or for that matter, San Antonio? That's the question that's never been answered to my satisfaction. Dallas was the city everyone was worried about, yet the security looked like something you'd see in Des Moines. There's a rumor floating that Kennedy requested that agents not ride the bumpers anymore. If so, Clint Hill didn't get the memo, since he left the QM three separate times that day. Does anyone seriously believe he would deliberately defy an executive order? My theory: the SS made it up. After all, dead men like JFK tell no tales--nor can they contradict you.

As for the vid narrator ascribing nefarious intent to Roberts, well, that's just beyond the pale. These guys have been wracked with guilt for years, and the dead can no longer defend themselves. SS incompetence + Kennedy's arrogance got him killed, nothing more.

Rybka: is that a smile on his face? Doesn't look too outraged to me.

235-364-post-675-1109225356.jpeg

According to several sources there were warning signs (in the fall of 1963) which suggested that during the Texas visit Kennedy's life might be in greater danger than usual. This information was received by federal agencies from various sources at this time.

I would argue that in the fall of 1963 extra caution would have been in place, even after taking into account what was known prior to 11/22/1963.

In my mind Mr. Slattery is correct that the SS standard operating procedures seem to vary from motorcade to motorcade and is quite inconsistent. I have also heard that from time to time, President Kennedy himself would instruct the SS to stand down and to allow him to greet the crowds. However, as I stated earlier the trip to Texas came with several warning signs regarding potential aggression. These warnings were not heeded. Whether Mr. Roberts was involved or not can not be determined from the video nor from his actions alone IMO.

Personally, I would like very much to clear Emory Roberts' name from any suspicion of involvement. Trouble is, does anyone know a damn thing about this guy? Did he commit suicide in the late 60's? If so, what circumstances surrounded it? If not, is he still around? Did he go on to work closely with LBJ after JFK's assassination? Was he planted in the SS by someone? Kellerman, Greer, Hill, Rybka--all have elements of their backgrounds and thoughts about Dealey Plaza on the record, mostly courtesy of Palamara. Roberts appears to be some kind of illusion. I've asked these questions on other threads before and the response is always underwhelming. This fellow has the research community stumped.

This might sound like persecution but without any background knowledge all one has left is the performance of Roberts on the day. While it was technically Kellerman's shift it seems that it was Roberts giving the orders, the ones which were obeyed, from Love Field to Parkland Hospital. Since his prepared testimony to the Warren Commission, he's dissappeared. Vanished. He's Houdini.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

Guest John Gillespie

"SS incompetence + Kennedy's arrogance got him killed, nothing more."

Whoa. I'm with ya up 'til that point (not that you would lose sleep over it). Can you elaborate? Do you really think it was that simple? Maybe so, but how so?

Regards,

JG

"SS incompetence + Kennedy's arrogance got him killed, nothing more."

Whoa. I'm with ya up 'til that point (not that you would lose sleep over it). Can you elaborate? Do you really think it was that simple? Maybe so, but how so?

Regards,

JG

The SS part is self-evident. They screwed up big time. Billy Joel is a better driver than Bill "What's going on?" Greer. Kennedy, like most pols, was an affection hog. He also had a streak of fatalism. His fave poem was "I Have a Rendezvous with Death." He knew certain elements hated him in a country flush with guns. But it mattered little. He didn't want anything coming between him and the people. It was the perfect storm of ego and poor security.

235-904-U1385731.jpg

Edited by Brendan Slattery

Hi!

Thanks for your participation to this thread ! :)

The Page was updated with the initial report made by Emory Roberts on the 22nd November, 1963.

Roberts obviously made a lie regarding the place occupied by Ribka during the motorcade (allegedly in the middle of the follow-up car.)

Thanks a lot to Bernice Moore for the information.

Marcel

SS incompetence + Kennedy's arrogance got him killed, nothing more.
... and a small matter of gunfire and someone wanting to kill him with it. :lol:

"SS incompetence + Kennedy's arrogance got him killed, nothing more."[/color

Excuse me???? I am under the impression that JFK was killed by a conspiracy.

"nothing more??"

Whatever.

Dawn

In that link furnished by Marcel D. and Bernice M. to Commission Exhibit 1024, typed on the day of Kennedy's murder, Emory Roberts says:

F.U. car - Kinney driving - Roberts front seat, Jump seat on left side Ken O'Donnell, jump seat right side, Dave Powers, rear seat left Bennett, center Rybka and right rear - Hickey.....

Left running board: Hill on the front, McIntyre behind him.

Right running board: Front Ready behind him Landis.

....I could not determine from what direction the shots came, but felt they had come from the right side.

I immediately asked everyone on car to look to see if they could determine where the shots came from, - no one seemed to know.

Based on what they said years later, it's odd that Powers and O'Donnell didn't scream to Roberts or someone, "They came from over there!"

Edited by Michael Hogan