The Education Forum

the luckiest act in the history of the world

Guest Mark Valenti

[quote name='Mark Stapleton' date='Jun 27 2006, 08:41 AM' post='66554']

I am sorry but I am in Sicily and have not had access to the forum. I have placed Brendan Slattery under permanent moderation.

John,

Just two conclusions can be drawn from your post:

1. You are now leaning towards Sicilian Mafia involvement in the assassination or

2. You have been misinformed as to where the World Cup is being played.

Thanx Mark. You can always make me laugh. Good for the soul.

Dawn

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I didn't shoot anyone Mister, I'm just a patsy". How does this LN theory explain this remark?

"I am not a crook."

"Read my lips: no new taxes."

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

People lie, Norm.

And other people, by their own words, display their complete ignorance of the subject matter being discussed.

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen, you're absolutely correct.

I have refrained from posting on the forum in recent weeks because I found myself responding to Mr. Slattery's attacks, and thus becoming part of the problem myself.

To conduct a fair and honest assessment of the events of November 22, 1963, we first have to examine what we know to be irrefutable facts. These include:

1. JFK was shot on Elm Street in Dealy Plaza, between Houston Street and the triple underpass.

2. Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested later that day and was eventually charged with the shooting.

Other "facts" are subject to interpretation. So to conduct an unbiased inquiry, we must approach every piece of evidence with the mindset of where it fits in the grand scheme of things if Oswald is guilty, and where it fits if Oswald is not guilty...as well as where it fits if Oswald was a participant, but was not the ONLY participant, in the shooting.

If you walk in the door convinced that LHO was the ONLY person shooting, the acoustical evidence from the dictablet is suspect; if, on the other hand, you walk into the investigation with an open mind, the acoustical evidence can be given some weight...the amount determined by how much other evidence points toward a finding that there may have been one or more other gunmen.

Mr. Slattery's contentions on this forum seem to be that, while people lie, governmental agencies do not. Over the history of this nation, Mr. Slattery's basic premise has been proven to be false time and time again. The CIA has built its considerable reputation by lies. The FBI has not been 100% truthful, 100% of the time. And the US military, in Vietnam alone, told more lies that I could possibly tell in a lifetime.

So the reexamination of the evidence in the JFK assassination is, in my opinion, quite fitting in light of all we know now, especially information which was not known--or which was willingly concealed--during the WC, Church Committee, and HSCA investigations. Does it all tie in--JFK, MLK, RFK, Wallace, Watergate, Iran-Contra, Mena, and perhaps even 9/11? Maybe...and maybe not. There's a considerable number of persons behind the scenes common to many of these incidents...perhaps too many to be mere coincidence, perhaps not. That is precisely WHY we need to examine the evidence...it's called "reasonable doubt," something that LIFE Magazine was acknowledging as early as 1966.

To accept the flawed conclusions of the WC report as dogmatically as does Mr. Slattery would suggest that this forum might well be a public relations "assignment" for him, and my questioning his motives should be viewed as no more offensive than his questioning of the motives of everyone else participating in the forum. Should that comment result in my also being "placed...under permanent moderation," then so be it. Andy and John have that right, and my participation here is out of recognition of their rights, rather than in defiance thereof.

In regards to the question of the possibility of the three shots being fired from the TSBD...if one accepts the timeline put forth by Mr. Purvis, rather than the one promoted by the WC, the premise becomes infinitely more possible. And then the question shifts to whether LHO was indeed the shooter--or even A shooter--or whether that was handled by someone else.

In regards to the question of the possibility of the three shots being fired from the TSBD...if one accepts the timeline put forth by Mr. Purvis, rather than the one promoted by the WC, the premise becomes infinitely more possible. And then the question shifts to whether LHO was indeed the shooter--or even A shooter--or whether that was handled by someone else.

Actually Mark!

The timeline & location of JFK at the time of the various shots, is pretty well defined within the witness testimony of those who were in Dealy Plaza at the time.

Especially that of the SS Agents who absolutely stated that it was the second shot which they observed strike JFK in the head.

The Testimony of James Altgens in regards to where the Presidential Limo was located at the time which he observed the third/last/final shot strike JFK.

The testimony of such as Mr. Hudson & Mr. Holland in regards to the location of the Presidential Limousine at the time of the third shot.

The handwritten notes of Nellie Connally as regards the position of JBC over/down in the Limousine at the time of the third/last/final shot.

The later revealed statements of the witness who saw the "head explode" of JFK and thus turned to look at the sixth floor window of the TSDB just in time to see the third shot fired and the weapon pulled back into the window.

And, of course, it certainly helps when one has in their possession the Survey Data and Survey Plat as created for the US Secret Service, dated December 5, 1963, for their relatively accurate assassination re-enactment work of December 2/3/& 4th, 1963, in which the impact location for the third/last/final shot is platted down directly in front of the Altgens position, down close to the second yellow stripe on the curb where Altgens was standing. (Almost directly across from the steps/walkway where Mr. Hudson was standing)

And, since the Third/Last/Final shot is in fact the one and only TRUE "Magic Bullet" *, then one did not even have to demonstrate "original thought" to come up with this idea.

* The only bullet which actually went through the head of JFK, exited to strike JBC in the rear right shoulder, exited the chest of JBC only to continue on to strike in the left leg.

Thereafter, to "disappear"!

Tom

P.S. Politicians, not unlike Magicians, can make things disappear.