The Education Forum

LHO - western union to sec. of Navy?

Has anyone seen the documents regarding LHO having sent a telegram to the Sec. of the Navy very shortly before the assassination of JFK?

A short time before JFK was murdered LHO had, according to a clerk who helped with the message, sent a message to the secretary of the navy.

LHO had insisted upon a physical delivery of the message and confirmation of it's receipt.

LHO was remembered by this man because LHO had made a habit of being a difficult customer.

One time LHO attempted to obtain cash from them without i.d. and he was told to return

with i.d. or he would not be paid.

The clerk recalled that lHO returned with a navy i.d. card and a library card which he used to i.d. himself.

No records were ever discovered (imagine that) in the company files which could prove the clerk was telling the truth about this message to the Sec. of the Navy, but, as we know today, LHO did have a navy i.d. card and a library card in his possession.

At the time of his coming forward, with his recollections of the events regarding LHO, the clerk could not have known of LHO having only these exact types of i.d. to identify himself.

No drivers license and no state i.d. required LHO to use the only i.d. which he could carry conveniently in his possession.

I looked for another thread covering this but did not find one.

Wouldn't this telegram, if actually sent by LHO, help support the belief that LHO was an employee of one of the branches of Naval Intelligence?

Chuck

ouldn't this telegram, if actually sent by LHO, help support the belief that LHO was an employee of one of the branches of Naval Intelligence?

Chuck

Possibly, if we knew what the telegram said. It could also have referred, assuming it existed, to LHO's dishonorable discharge, which he wanted to have reversed.

It could also have referred, assuming it existed, to LHO's dishonorable discharge, which he wanted to have reversed.

All telegrams/communication with Navy Sec. concerned discharge upgrade.

His discharge was downgraded from honorable ostensibly due to renouncing citizenship. Oswald's letter to Connally argued that since he had in fact, retained his US citizenship, no basis for the downgrade existed. Connally (or his office) wrote back advising he (Connally) was no longer Sec of the Navy, and that his letter would be forwarded to the new Sec Fred Korth. However, this was shortly after his return from USSR, which doesn't really make it "shortly before the assassination."

Greg Parker Posted Yesterday, 01:46 PM

QUOTE(Thomas Cole @ Jul 4 2006, 11:03 AM)

It could also have referred, assuming it existed, to LHO's dishonorable discharge, which he wanted to have reversed.

All telegrams/communication with Navy Sec. concerned discharge upgrade.

His discharge was downgraded from honorable ostensibly due to renouncing citizenship. Oswald's letter to Connally argued that since he had in fact, retained his US citizenship, no basis for the downgrade existed. Connally (or his office) wrote back advising he (Connally) was no longer Sec of the Navy, and that his letter would be forwarded to the new Sec Fred Korth. However, this was shortly after his return from USSR, which doesn't really make it "shortly before the assassination."

Yes,

As I recall, Lee never received an upgrade regarding his discharge, despite his attempts. Therefore he probably kept trying. This is also one of the reasons Lee was in touch with Dean Andrews...

See below SS report on Dean Andrews re: Lee Oswald

http://www.jfk-online.com/ce3094.html