The Education Forum

photo alteration by the media

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, I don't understand the significance. Could you elaborate please?

________

This photo shows Clints lower leg in an angle that makes it impossible for his shoe sole to be poining upwards or to be in the location suggested.

There is a person next to a tripod on the left across the road, he seems to be holding a camera. Could this be the corham photographer? The over head traffic sign and the road and the building in the distance directly in line with the sign post should make a precise location possible. Would this coincide with the Corham photo? There are suggestions in the reflections on the side of the limo showing sky and presumably buildings that indicate it's possible. Has an address for the Corham building been determined?

The left image is a subtraction of the WC photo and the 'new' one (using IA image combination features). A primary difference is (apart from things to do with the shoe) is the outlines of Clints leg areas.

EDIT:: images for comparison

Edited by John Dolva

Jack, please post your untouched Miller print that led to your conclusion. Like I said before, it is impossible for a hand to be pressed that far into the President's seat, thus your interpretation cannot be correct or your print has been retouched as well.

Bill Miller

I have no unretouched print! I scanned the large halftone in SatEvePost.

The one that shows the JFK hand, and Hill with his right hand on his right knee.

Jack

Jack, I ask for it because if you think that is JFK's hand, then you need to explain why 2/3s of what would have to be the wrist is burried in the seat???

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Comparison with Clint shows the wrist needs not be considered 'buried in the seat'. Suggested hand from collection of hands.

Comparison of mirrored reflections suggesting that the photos are almost coincidental.

Comparison with Clint shows the wrist needs not be considered 'buried in the seat'. Suggested hand from collection of hands.

Comparison of mirrored reflections suggesting that the photos are almost coincidental.

So whats hanging over the lower chrome strip John? Ever going to deal with that little tidbit again or are you still trying to understand how reflections work?

Edited by Craig Lamson

it could be you are beginning to see the light, Craig?

So whats hanging over the lower chrome strip John? Ever going to deal with that little tidbit again or are you still trying to undersand how reflections work?

John, I'm confused by this photo. (Obviously.) The two versions of the photo scanned directly from the Sat. Post by Floyd and Jack seemed to show an intact shape, looking like the toe area of a shoe, hanging over the chrome strip. Now you're posting images where the strip seems to run through the "toe of the shoe." Did this line show up when you lightened the photo? Is this from the Yarborough Exhibit? Where did this line come from? If this line is real, then Craig's observation that the dark shape is overhanging the chrome and could not be a shadow would appear to be incorrect...

WC pdf

Gamma increased

it could be you are beginning to see the light, Craig?

I've seen the light John, take another sip of koolaid, you appear thirsty.

So whats hanging over the lower chrome strip John? Ever going to deal with that little tidbit again or are you still trying to undersand how reflections work?

John, I'm confused by this photo. (Obviously.) The two versions of the photo scanned directly from the Sat. Post by Floyd and Jack seemed to show an intact shape, looking like the toe area of a shoe, hanging over the chrome strip. Now you're posting images where the strip seems to run through the "toe of the shoe." Did this line show up when you lightened the photo? Is this from the Yarborough Exhibit? Where did this line come from? If this line is real, then Craig's observation that the dark shape is overhanging the chrome and could not be a shadow would appear to be incorrect...

Grasping at straws again Pat. REGARDLESS of Dolva screwing with a jpg image of a REALLY poor scan ( thats quality research for ya) the physics eliminate this dark shape being a shadow or a reflection of the seat. Thats simply the bottom line.

Edited by Craig Lamson

WC pdf

Gamma increased

Still trying to save some face by using perhaps the worst scan of an image I have ever seen....sheesh.

Instead of playing silly games trying to find detail in overly compressed jpg files that appear to have been scanned or even photographed with a digital camera from a poorly reproduced halftone ... deal with the PHYSICS John! Angle of incidence equals angle of reflection.

Gosh I love watching quality research in action! LOL!

Edited by Craig Lamson

Nobody has commented that Hill's left hand is on the left door.

Jack

See page 9/post 131. In that post I drew a stick figure showing Hill's hand on the drivers side of the car. There are also numerous post of the Newman photo showing Hill holding onto the side of the limo. In this thread it was said that Hill had to hold onto one side of the limo with his hand and hook his foot over the opposite side to help him keep balanced over the top of the First couple.

The notion that Clint Hill has his hand on his knee is incorrect and nothong more than lines drawn onto a dark image.

Bill Miller

Craig, you need to understand that the results are entirely reproduceable. The base images are as downloaded Warren Commission images posted on US governement website, so that's a level playing field.

If you know of better versions, please link to them.

The images posted here are saved as web ready jpegs (50 to 75 % depending on post quotas) for compactness, for illustration. It's quite wrong, daft even, to assume that they are what I'm looking at prior to post preperation.

Edited by John Dolva

Comparison with Clint shows the wrist needs not be considered 'buried in the seat'.

Huh???

I am sorry that I couldn't find a terribly pixelled out image so just any outline of the alleged hand could be drawn in.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Kennedy shaking hands

Craig, you need to understand that the results are entirely reproduceable. The base images are as downloaded Warren Commission images posted on US governement website, so that's a level playing field.

If you know of better versions, please link to them.

The images posted here are saved as web ready jpegs (50 to 75 % depending on post quotas) for compactness, for illustration. It's quite wrong, daft even, to assume that they are what I'm looking at prior to post preperation.

So what? The original image you are using is simply crap, regardless of the source. You can reproduce you "effect" until the cows come home using the crap image, but who really cares? Its junk research.

Sheesh, there are better images right here on this thread.

You are still dodging the physics. Why? This is elemental.

Deal with the hard stuff John... if you can.