The Education Forum

photo alteration by the media

Stephen

Your education and appearent good common sence may be a henderance within this section of the forum.

What we here are some really non-linear speculations and a few total hand fantasations.

You are right on with your observations, Kennedy's left foot hangs over the limo's edge.

But yet, not a single photographic artifact of JFK's final death dance, almost nothing documenting the ungraceful spastic flail that landed him in such a precarious position. Pat did mention something he had read refering to spaz activities a few post back.

Stephen, good to see you here, welcome.

Floyd

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. That's it. I've had all I can take. I tried not to do this, but after 27 pages of this nonsense, I've had it.

(First, to Stephen K. Doyle: this is not in response to you, directly, but to the rest of the 27 pages, and nice to see you here. It's simply an unfortunate circumstance that your entry into the fray happened just as my top blew.)

A-hem.

Ladies (who might want to leave the room), gentlemen, and any other life forms attending: the appendage protruding from the carriage of the vehicle in the "Corham" photo is a H A N D! Fer the love of Aunt Gertie's girdle, how can you let the ham-handed latter-day retouching of some milquetoast, underpaid layout artist with a high-tension editor or art director breathing down his/her neck lead you down such a dead end (and ultimately meaningless) path to waste this much time on? :)

The goddamned "sole" is SOMEBODY'S S O U P! Actually it's most likely some splashed photo chemistry, whether from original negative developing, or rushed print making, or during the making of a third or fourth generation reproduction at the stat house (photostats for publication position), or it could be some opaquing fluid dripped by some other underpaid drudge being rushed stripping flats for the platemaker, or GAWD KNOWS.

But LOOK at what's THERE in the non-retouched image:

theblob.gif

Maybe it's Marley's goddamned ghost, but it is not—repeat, N O T—the sole of any shoe!

All I did was outline "the blob" and colorize it, and it's OBVIOUS what it is. And what's sticking out of the car behind it cannot possibly be any other thing than a hand. Just as it always has been. And the only thing I've done to it is add a slight amount of increased contrast to bring out the lights/darks that are there.

The idea that it was Clint's shoe is just too boneheaded to countenance. The information for the definition of Clint's right leg is also in the image, so I've done about a 4% dodge of highlights on the trailing edge, which is flapping in the wind, just as expected. It wasn't necessary to add any information: the leg definition is in the image.

Okay, now let the next 27 pages begin on the burning question of whether it's:

1. Kilroy's hand

2. Forrest Gump's hand

3. John F. Kennedy's hand

For others here, though, who are absolutely baptized into the Itsafoot religion, and who might have any inclination to proselytize in this direction, I got four words for you:

Talk to the hand.

Ashton Gray

Thanks, Ashton, for the SOUP THEORY. Makes more sense than the SHOE THEORY.

Your green blob of soup certainly focuses attention on the remaining JFK HAND.

I agree with your perception. But then you and I both have a graphics background

in dealing with images like this. I can certainly show you some developing errors

which can interfere with images. For instance, the Cancellare negative was badly

developed.

Jack

So now what's this: an Ewok in a drum major's coat pointing to another gunman from the middle of the street?

ewok.gif

It ain't soup.

Ashton

It's the presidential flag on the left front fender.

Jack

OooooOOOooooh!

:):)

Thanks, Jack.

Hail to the Chief.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

So now what's this: an Ewok in a drum major's coat pointing to another gunman from the middle of the street?

ewok.gif

It ain't soup.

Ashton

It's the presidential flag on the left front fender.

Jack

OooooOOOooooh!

:):)

Thanks, Jack.

Hail to the Chief.

Ashton

A number of years ago on the internet someone thought

they saw a person in the street in the McIntire photo.

The FLAG is in a very peculiar arrangement, and some

"stuff" on the side of the car created an illusion at a small

size. A large blowup finally solved it.

Jack

The second reason I believe this must be Kennedy's left foot, as opposed to Clint Hill's right, is the impossible orientation of the foot and lower leg (PARTICULARLY the lower leg), in relation to Hill's backside. I've added my interpretation of two possible leg orientations for Agent Hill to the photo below as well. One is the leg orientation suggested by Mr. White. This is correct, in my opinion.

It is amazing at how people can ignore Hill's testimony (the same Clint Hill that didn't back off of saying the back of the President's head had a large hole in it, unlike the official autopsy photos, and instead take a B&W photo where there is no way to see his lower body detail because of the dark clothing he wore and merely draw in any way you feel his leg would have been bent. Hill does not have his leg bent at the knee out in front of him, but rather it is straight downward with his foot still hooked over the door just as he is almost in that position in the Newman photo. Maybe someone should consider talking to a doctor to see what motor functions they believe JFK had once he had 1/3 of his brain blasted out of his head, then maybe all this foolishness would end.

Bill Miller

See post 59, 60, 122, 123 and others that attempt to deal with Clints testiomony.

Clints knee in Kennedy's hip? I know you don't mean that:: so Where do you suggest Kennedy is, Bill?

EDIT:: image added

Clints heel/sock visible?

Edited by John Dolva

See post 59, 60, 122, 123 and others that attempt to deal with Clints testiomony.

Clints knee in Kennedy's hip? I know you don't mean that:: so Where do you suggest Kennedy is, Bill?

The above photo shows Clint Hill almost in the position seen in the Miller photo. In the Miller photo, Clint has slid his overturned foot up to the antenna and has turned his leg inward (femur almost vertical) and that is what has happened. It is simply mind boggling that so much has been made out of something so simple to understand. JFK is laying on his left side as seen in the Zapruder film - Jackie has moved up to the edge of her seat and is craddling the President's head in her lap. The right shoe of Hill in the Miller photo is rotated in such a way that the leather that curls inward towards the sole is illuminated by the sunlight shining off the polished shoe. The brightest part of the shoe is extremely white in appearence - the corner of the downward turn of the heel is semi-rounded from the lightening of the image.

Below is an example of the suns glare expanding beyond the borders of what it is shining upon.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

I will attempt one more time to explain why even the graphic artist are not thinking this Miller photo through properly IMO.

First of all, the Yarborough version of the photo was declared to be genuine by those saying that the Miller photo had been retouched in other prints. OK, lets go with that. The Yarborough photo shows the top edge of the rear seat (red arrow) and yet next to the alleged hand - there is nothing but a white area visible (green arrow). Someone then claimed that the white area was JFK's shirt cuff. There is a contour line that goes around the alleged thumb and it can be followed all the way down to the dark clothing (blue arrow) Clint Hill wore, thus the shirt cuff observation is erroneous and nothing more than an erred interpretation of what is seen in the photograph.

The shoe sole area in 'blue' as offered by a graphics artist is not accurate IMO either for he has done nothing more than to draw a pattern out of unreliable data because of the color contrast changes within Clint Hill's dark clothing. This is an ongoing problem for people when dealing with black and white images with limited color tone. In the image below I have pointed a few of the many outlines that can be seen in Clint Hill's dark clothing. I think we can agree that Hill's suit wasn't made up of patch work, thus there is another reason why these designs made up of swirls and such are visible just as there is a reason why the top edge of the back seat is not seen next to the red arrow in the animation.

People are continuing to take computer images of B&W photos that have been lightened and put into books and magazines and acting as if they can give a reliable interpretation of some of these less noticeable details. This investigative process is so misleading that it has caused otherwise intelligent people to not even be able to follow the simple process of Hill going from his posture seen in the Newman photo and getting into the posture seen in the Miller photo. Instead they have introduced the impossible and that is that JFK had the ability after leaving Dealey Plaza that he somehow lifted his leg so to hang his foot over the side of the limo. This has been offered and accepted by some without medical testimony saying that it was even possible or without any witnesses claiming to have observed this action. Furthermore, the Newman photo hasn't been said to be altered and JFK's leg isn't seen lifted in the air with his foot over the side of the car in that photo. In fact, the same can be said about the Daniels film. Yet somehow on the way to Parkland as Clint Hill was almost in position to get his overturned foot up to the antenna - someone has goten the idea that an already dead President had out of the blue just lifted his right leg and hooked his foot over the side of the car ... and people wonder why guys like Von Pein and Slattery have such a good time laughing at CT's. They are able to do this because we are opening the door for them by not thinking these images through and not learning more about photography and the processes that take place in the devolpment of the film.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

I will attempt one more time to explain why even the graphic artist are not thinking this Miller photo through properly IMO.

First of all, the Yarborough version of the photo was declared to be genuine by those saying that the Miller photo had been retouched in other prints. OK, lets go with that. The Yarborough photo shows the top edge of the rear seat (red arrow) and yet next to the alleged hand - there is nothing but a white area visible (green arrow). Someone then claimed that the white area was JFK's shirt cuff. There is a contour line that goes around the alleged thumb and it can be followed all the way down to the dark clothing (blue arrow) Clint Hill wore, thus the shirt cuff observation is erroneous and nothing more than an erred interpretation of what is seen in the photograph.

The shoe sole area in 'blue' as offered by a graphics artist is not accurate IMO either for he has done nothing more than to draw a pattern out of unreliable data because of the color contrast changes within Clint Hill's dark clothing. This is an ongoing problem for people when dealing with black and white images with limited color tone. In the image below I have pointed a few of the many outlines that can be seen in Clint Hill's dark clothing. I think we can agree that Hill's suit wasn't made up of patch work, thus there is another reason why these designs made up of swirls and such are visible just as there is a reason why the top edge of the back seat is not seen next to the red arrow in the animation.

People are continuing to take computer images of B&W photos that have been lightened and put into books and magazines and acting as if they can give a reliable interpretation of some of these less noticeable details. This investigative process is so misleading that it has caused otherwise intelligent people to not even be able to follow the simple process of Hill going from his posture seen in the Newman photo and getting into the posture seen in the Miller photo. Instead they have introduced the impossible and that is that JFK had the ability after leaving Dealey Plaza that he somehow lifted his leg so to hang his foot over the side of the limo. this has been offered and accepted by some without medical testimony saying that it was even possible or without any witnesses claiming to have observed this action. Furthermore, the Newman photo hasn't been said to be altered and JFK's leg isn't seen lifted in the air with his foot over the side of the car in that photo. In fact, the same can be said about the Daniels film. Yet somehow on the way to Parkland as Clint Hill was almost in position to get his overturned foot up to the antenna - someone has goten the idea that an already dead President had out of the blue just lifted his right leg and hooked his foot over the side of the car ... and people wonder why guys like Von Pein and Slattery have such a good time laughing at CT's. They are able to do this because we are opening the door for them by not thinking these images through and not learning more about photography and the processes that take place in the devolpment of the film.

Bill Miller

Show us a photo of the limo with an antenna in that location. Please.

Jack

Show us a photo of the limo with an antenna in that location. Please.

Jack, he can't because it doesn't exist and never did. You are right. The antenna in view is behind the hand, and the angle of the shot merely happens to create a tangent of the antenna with the shadow on the thumb (exactly where a shadow on the thumb would be expected). Bill's alleged "continuation" through the sleeve cuff is no "continuation" at all: it jogs down to the right, exactly where one would expect to see the line where one side of a man's shirt cuff overlaps the other, and in exact parallel with the arm—which confirms it to be the separation at the sleeve cuff overlap.

This shoe nonsense has gone beyond beating a dead horse to inflicting post-mortem torture.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray